Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BUZZCOIN - OPENSOURCE NON-PROFIT BLOCKCHAIN IMPLEMENTATION TO SAVE THE BEES  (Read 101502 times)
wheenysaur

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:35:00 PM

Yes, https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BUZZ/BTC is running the new wallet!

Thank you sir!

Has anyone provided some calculations of the amounts needed to stake solo / in pool? I'm thinking of starting small (100K BUZZ?) and then trying a bit more if it works out. Wondering if I'll get any stake at all with such small amount?

Did dev already mention the amount needed for a masternode later on?

Thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YoloTBT

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:08:26 PM

Thank you sir!

Has anyone provided some calculations of the amounts needed to stake solo / in pool? I'm thinking of starting small (100K BUZZ?) and then trying a bit more if it works out. Wondering if I'll get any stake at all with such small amount?

Thanks,

Hi,

Dunno about the calculations, but i can say i put 103k buzz into my wallet 3.0 at about block 934k, coins matured after about a day and a bit, staking status then changed to "staking" and icon illuminated, but a day or so after that it's changed back to a greyed out logo and "staking dust" and has been stuck like that for the past several days.... i have no idea if this is normal, i would have expected for it to continue staking until a reward was due. ??

Maybe someone can let me know?

Cheers.
weeks65

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:41:10 PM

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Dunno about the calculations, but i can say i put 103k buzz into my wallet 3.0 at about block 934k, coins matured after about a day and a bit, staking status then changed to "staking" and icon illuminated, but a day or so after that it's changed back to a greyed out logo and "staking dust" and has been stuck like that for the past several days.... i have no idea if this is normal, i would have expected for it to continue staking until a reward was due. ??

Cheers.
Hey guys i have a mined (staked) amount of buzz but its not getting confirmed. it was mined 2 days ago, i see it in transactions but says 'generated but not accepted'
whats happening?
buzzcoin version 2.1.0.0
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:54:09 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 07:20:57 PM by BUZZCOINproject2

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Cheers.

It just means that your coins aren't mature enough - there's a link to the changelog document for the v3 wallet in the OP, where it's all explained

BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 06:55:51 PM

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Cheers.
Hey guys i have a mined (staked) amount of buzz but its not getting confirmed. it was mined 2 days ago, i see it in transactions but says 'generated but not accepted'
whats happening?
buzzcoin version 2.1.0.0

You're using the wrong wallet - there's a new Buzz wallet v3 that's out, and there was a hard fork at block 940k. Check the OP - all the details are in there. Your stake hasn't been recognised simply because it's on the wrong blockchain

YoloTBT

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:16:08 PM

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Cheers.

It just means that your coins aren't mature enough - there's a link to the changeling document for the v3 wallet in the OP, where it's all explained

coins matured after about a day and a bit, staking status then changed to "staking" and icon illuminated
Is this the case even after the coins had already matured? in other words do they mature, then they de-mature?

Like i said above they had already matured.... i checked in the console when they had. btw i've read all faqs and relevent posts, thanks @BUZZCOINproject2
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 07:25:25 PM

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Cheers.

It just means that your coins aren't mature enough - there's a link to the changeling document for the v3 wallet in the OP, where it's all explained

coins matured after about a day and a bit, staking status then changed to "staking" and icon illuminated
Is this the case even after the coins had already matured? in other words do they mature, then they de-mature?

Like i said above they had already matured.... i checked in the console when they had. btw i've read all faqs and relevent posts, thanks @BUZZCOINproject2

Yes - by the sound of it, your coins matured on the blockchain before block 940k. After that block, the maturation algorithm changed so that everyone on the fork was on the same playing field - all v3 wallets are affected. The same thing happened to my own wallet as well.

YoloTBT

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:28:41 PM

Thank you sir!

Thanks,

Hi,

Cheers.

Yes - by the sound of it, your coins matured on the blockchain before block 940k. After that block, the maturation algorithm changed so that everyone on the fork was on the same playing field - all v3 wallets are affected. The same thing happened to my own wallet as well.
Ahh right, thanks for clarifying that, cheers BUZZCOINproject2
wheenysaur

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:53:21 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:02:32 AM by wheenysaur

Thanks everyone for their help,

I was able to get ~200k coins on coinexchange and successfully put them on my PC wallet.

If I understand it correctly, the amount is much too small for regular staking, but I may get a small amount a few times per month, correct?

My last question is, do I just leave them on the wallet on my always-on PC and select "unlock wallet - staking only"? This is all I have to do?

(Sorry, my first POS coin). Thanks again!

(the status is "you are staking dust" - this means too small amount of coins to stake?)
therealwafdawg

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:52:05 PM

I'm staking dust.  Does anyone else get that?
YoloTBT

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:55:32 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 03:10:11 PM by YoloTBT

Thanks everyone for their help,

I was able to get ~200k coins on coinexchange and successfully put them on my PC wallet.

If I understand it correctly, the amount is much too small for regular staking, but I may get a small amount a few times per month, correct?

My last question is, do I just leave them on the wallet on my always-on PC and select "unlock wallet - staking only"? This is all I have to do?

(Sorry, my first POS coin). Thanks again!

(the status is "you are staking dust" - this means too small amount of coins to stake?)
I'm staking dust.  Does anyone else get that?

How long do coins take to mature?
After block 940k, the maturation time is calculated via the algorithm below:

Maturation Time = (Current Supply in Billions / 1 Billion) * 8 hours

Above quote is from the FAQ.

At the time of this post the current supply of buzz is 17136386585 which can be found here

So that's 17136386585  / 1 billion which equals 17.136386585 - so we multiply that by 8 to give us 137.09109268 hours - so in other words after block 940k coins will take approx 137 hours for coins to mature in your wallet/s or approx 5.7 days - it would be good if this calculation could be baked into the wallet or maybe theres a way to check this in the command line section?
Crossholder

Activity: 140
Merit: 75

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:17:48 PM

I'm staking dust.  Does anyone else get that?

Hey dude, let me recommend something: READ the previous threads/msgs/website before ask something that you know in deep of your heart that might be easy to discover.

BTW, Staking Dust means that you are waiting for your coins to get mature.
Bitr8er

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:35:15 AM

I have been staking about 4 million BUZZ, and for the past 3 days I get the message that I am staking dust.  There appears to be some sort of error in this wallet that has everyone staking dust.
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 01:42:29 AM

Please Note!

When the wallet says it's 'staking dust', it means that your coins aren't mature enough yet, that's all! It's in the the links posted in the (updated) original post to this thread - please read it!

We've also heard that Coinsmarkets have temporarily lost their domain. But you CAN still access them by going to http://185.66.140.234/news.php. Don't go to coinsmarkets.com, especially until we can advise otherwise - it appears to be a phishing site

therealwafdawg

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:27:17 AM

I've had 3.4M coins staking for weeks and not once did I actually mint any coins.  Done with Buzz.  Hit 9 satoshi and I'm out!
BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:25:27 AM

URGENT - PLEASE READ!!!

Hello Buzzfam,

Recently we have updated to wallet 3.0. This wallet contained a bug that critically affects the staking maturation times. We have fixed this and ensure it works due to working unit tests. Please update to 3.1 immediately via the https://www.buzzcoin.info/download  site.

Information about the 3.1 Update: https://goo.gl/gPH585

If you are running wallet 2.1 and have yet to update to 3.1, please follow this blog post to update properly.

If you are running wallet 3.0, simply ensure you update to the latest version before block 950k, which will arrive on Tuesday, January 30th, sometime in the evening EST.

If you miss the update before the fork, please use the latest bootstrap from the site for a near instant synchronization. https://www.buzzcoin.info/download

Please refer to the FAQ if you have any questions!

Also, here is some important information detailing some of the fixes, and new organisational information for a A Truly Bright Future for BUZZ! https://goo.gl/omJir8

The Buzz Team

BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:31:40 AM

I've had 3.4M coins staking for weeks and not once did I actually mint any coins.  Done with Buzz.  Hit 9 satoshi and I'm out!

I wish you could have hit us up on discord - we could have directed you to a staking pool where you could have had considerably more BUZZ than 3.4M!

BUZZCOINproject2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 04:22:44 PM

SHA256d PoW
10 BUZZ per block, 1 block per minute on average
Dynamic PoS and Coin Maturity
Total Coin Supply - 20 billion BUZZ

NEW MANDATORY WALLET v3.1

January 2018 - note the update from v3.0. Again, this update is MANDATORY from block 950,000!

Dynamic Staking Reward Percentage - from block 940,000
Power Blocks
Dynamic Minimum Stake Age
Maximum Stake Age

The v3.1 Hotfix Wallet will officially fork from block 950,000

All wallets and the bootstrap file can be downloaded from the OFFICIAL BUZZ WEBSITE! Bootstrap now updated every 6 hours! Specific details regarding the new wallets can be seen HERE, and details of the v3.1 Hotfix are available HERE!

http://mine.buzzcoin.info

https://yobit.net/en/trade/BUZZ/BTC
https://www.coinexchange.io/market/BUZZ/BTC
https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-BTC-BUZZ.htm
https://tradesatoshi.com/Exchange/?market=BUZZ_BTC

http://explorer.buzzcoin.info

Website Discord Twitter

The new wallet, v3.1, is with us! Compared to v2.1, there are quite a few new features which are being listed here in brief. For full details, you can see the changelog - the link is below...

The biggest change is the Staking Reward Percentage - 1200% is a massive return, but with the projects Buzz want to generate rewards for, it was simply unsustainable. Instead, Buzz is employing a dynamic staking reward percentage based on the number of coins in circulation - the formula is (1200-(1200*(Current Supply / Maximum Supply)). This means that the closer Buzz gets to its maximum coin supply, the lower the percentage.

Power Blocks 1200 isn't gone forever, though - a percentage of blocks that are staked will still attract the 1200% rate!

Minimum Stake Age - After block 940,000, the time taken for coins to mature in your wallet will increase from 8 hours to a more dynamic figure, again, based on the current coin supply. (Current Supply / 1,000,000,000) * 8 hours. However, Power Blocks will mature instantly

Maximum Stake Age - After block 940k, the Maximum Stake Age will be twice the Minimum Stake Age

Combined Stake Rewards!!! Unless your stake reward is greater than 25,000,000, you can tell the wallet to combine staked inputs automatically!

Windows AV Fix - Many coins' wallets have prompted various anti-virus utilities to flag the wallets as carrying a Trojan or virus. This was due to IRC communication which has been eliminated

This is a MANDATORY UPDATE to the wallet, and any stake rewards, mining efforts or transactions that are done with the v2.1 wallet after block 940k will be invalid on the blockchain. Any stake rewards, mining efforts or transactions that are done with the v3.0 wallet after block 950k will also be invalid.

So please, UPDATE YOUR WALLETS TO V3.1!!!

They can be obtained from the NEW WEBSITE - that is the ONLY place the wallet will be made available

Other important links

Github - https://github.com/buzzcoin-project/BUZZ/releases/tag/3.1

Upgrade Instructions - https://medium.com/buzzcoin/how-to-update-to-new-wallet-593a216935d7

More Details - https://medium.com/buzzcoin/official-buzz-3-0-stability-wallet-changelog-4bdce518c551 and https://medium.com/buzzcoin/important-mandatory-3-1-hotfix-update-fc08e5897238

RnldVer

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:02:27 PM

Is stakeunited.com updated to 3.1?
Nikita3959
Copper Member

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

Owner of Arion Coin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 11:27:20 PM

Lots of exciting real world application here - the hive projects are incredible!! read the whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: