Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:15:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin/Dash and Cryptsy - WTF is going on here?  (Read 1164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:27:58 AM

There are multiple single-purpose accounts which registered around the same time as or after the Darkcoin launch, and to this day only post in Dash threads.

Let's hold them accountable for defending the Crypty scam, by memorializing their Baghdad Bob worthy 'there is no problem on Cryptsy' cheerleading.

I suspect there is more than meets the eye about the relationship between Dark/Dash-coin and its former main exchange.

Remember the cozy relationship between BigVern and Paycoin?  Now put that together with the fact Dash was their main coin, by far, for about an entire year.

I have got to defend Cryptsy, from the beginning they have been a stable exchange to rely on while many others have fallen down hard(mintpal anyone?)

Cryptsy has been really good for me, Big Vern is known and US based, and no one has ever lost money there over a very long time.

I remember this same thing with people recommending to leave Cryptsy and go to Mintpal in this same thread. How did that turn out?

There is also the distinct possibility that Cryptsy has done absolutely nothing wrong at all and these are all completely false allegations.

Big Vern fires back !

If anyone has more examples of DRK/Dash sockpuppets acting as white knights for Cryptsy, please LMK so I can add them to the dossier.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 05:32:02 AM

Dash leaving for the most part Cryptsy for Poloniex was for me a very powerful indicator that Cryptsy is in trouble.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:37:25 AM

Nice compilation.

Weren't some of them talking shit about POLONIEX vs Cryptsy and how great it was?

OTOH still has funds on craptsy.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:04:51 PM

they attacked poloniex too because they like cryptsy soooo much.

Every post you make about Poloniex being such a great exchange is another nail in their coffin.

Tell me something isn't wrong there.

Tell me something isn't wrong here:

Newsflash:  Just because your sh*tcoin is the current Poloniex Golden Pump-Donkey, doesn't mean anyone here is stupid enough to want to buy it.

What it does mean is that most Poloniex whales and mods bought xmr for peanuts and have ridden said pump-donkey HARD via blatant trollbox pumps (protected by mods).   Soon as they think the donkey got as far as it can go, they will fight each-other to dump xmr to the ends of the earth, Busoni will then just replace XMR with a new Poloniex golden pump donkey, and a lot of crypto-noobs got ponzied, yet again.  

Until this time I guess people on this thread have to suffer the emboldened xmr geeks like you Joshuar who think that the above gives your project any real value and any right to criticize a coin with actual development / innovation.  It doesn't.  

If you don't believe me, try selling some XMR somewhere in the world that isn't Poloniex and let me know how you get on....

I heard Poloniex owns hundreds of thousands of XMR because they have set up the deposits so that they can't tell who deposited what and users can't prove they made the deposit unless the user knew to send a special ID to go with the transaction. So now they have a high percentage of the XMR float that no one else can claim, and they have the monopoly on the market. There aren't many who would benefit more from the price of XMR going up than Poloniex, perhaps not even one.

Agree.  I guess the staff / Busoni also picked up a load of cheap XMR the same time they a) rejigged the Polo UX to guide new users into the xmr/btc market when the site loads b) put up a big XMR market box on every page that no one trades in but adds 'legitimacy' to the XMR pumps c) started orchestrating a non-stop XMR pump since December as shown on the full-of-pump xmr/btc chart and waves of trollbox entries like 'XMR is the next BTC!!!'.

Poloniex has sadly become a blatant scam exchange, it's now blacklisted right at the top of the official BlockaFett exchange-scam listings Wink

Tell me something isn't wrong there.

Tell me something isn't wrong here:

Newsflash:  Just because your sh*tcoin is the current Poloniex Golden Pump-Donkey, doesn't mean anyone here is stupid enough to want to buy it.

What it does mean is that most Poloniex whales and mods bought xmr for peanuts and have ridden said pump-donkey HARD via blatant trollbox pumps (protected by mods).   Soon as they think the donkey got as far as it can go, they will fight each-other to dump xmr to the ends of the earth. Busoni will then just replace XMR with a new Poloniex golden pump donkey, and a lot of crypto-noobs got ponzied, yet again.  

Until this time I guess people on this thread have to suffer the emboldened xmr geeks like you Joshuar who think that the above gives your project any real value and any right to criticize a coin with actual development / innovation.  It doesn't.  

If you don't believe me, try selling some XMR somewhere in the world that isn't Poloniex and let me know how you get on....

Poloniex has sadly become a blatant scam exchange, it's now blacklisted right at the top of the official BlockaFett exchange-scam listings Wink

I wouldn't go that far until there's evidence, they reimbursed my BTC they lost to a hacker a while ago, and my trades and deposits/withdraws have always went smoothly.

Just read the trollbox during an XMR pump, see how the mods jump in when anyone criticized XMR (hardly ever), then watch it go quiet when the dump comes in Wink

sorry I have no problem saying this...XMR is an end-to-end scam, starting with the devs, ending up at Poloniex.  But just my opinion.

.....and the volume for XMR on Poloniex, it's so realistic, not sure what special effects studio they are using? But WOW! Mind blown for special effects!

Edit: I think the XMR special effects are supplied by: Industrial Light and Poloniex Sell to Self Magic.

craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 05:34:42 PM

Uh-Oh, looks like they're having some trouble of their own today...  Roll Eyes

"
Important System Notification

Phishing Attempt:: There is a phishing attempt going around prompting users to go to a cryptsy-refund website. Do not go to this website or give your login details on any website other than the official Cryptsy website. There were two avenues of the Phishing attempt. One was via SMS, using our provider Twilio and gained entry into our logs and sending ability via a weak password on that account. The passwords on this account have been secured. The other avenue was via email using the same mailing service we use (Mailgun), but was not sent using our account. It is uncertain where the email list for this Phishing attempt was attained from, as we do not show any unauthorized access to our Mailgun account nor our internal systems. We are still investigating this matter. If you were a victim of this phishing, you should log into your account at Cryptsy immediately and do the following: 1. Change your password and enable 2fa if you don’t already have it enabled. 2. Check your pending withdrawals, we currently have withdrawals disabled so if you see one that shouldn’t be there you can request to have it cancelled. Regarding other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months, I will be making another post to explain what has been happening in the next couple days. BigVern UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF THE PHISHING ATTEMPT, ALL WITHDRAWALS WILL BE CANCELLED AND ARE PAUSED
"
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:31:43 PM

Uh-Oh, looks like they're having some trouble of their own today...  Roll Eyes

"
Important System Notification

Phishing Attempt:: There is a phishing attempt going around prompting users to go to a cryptsy-refund website. Do not go to this website or give your login details on any website other than the official Cryptsy website. There were two avenues of the Phishing attempt. One was via SMS, using our provider Twilio and gained entry into our logs and sending ability via a weak password on that account. The passwords on this account have been secured. The other avenue was via email using the same mailing service we use (Mailgun), but was not sent using our account. It is uncertain where the email list for this Phishing attempt was attained from, as we do not show any unauthorized access to our Mailgun account nor our internal systems. We are still investigating this matter. If you were a victim of this phishing, you should log into your account at Cryptsy immediately and do the following: 1. Change your password and enable 2fa if you don’t already have it enabled. 2. Check your pending withdrawals, we currently have withdrawals disabled so if you see one that shouldn’t be there you can request to have it cancelled. Regarding other issues that have been apparent at Cryptsy for the last couple months, I will be making another post to explain what has been happening in the next couple days. BigVern UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO DETERMINE EXTENT OF THE PHISHING ATTEMPT, ALL WITHDRAWALS WILL BE CANCELLED AND ARE PAUSED
"

Lol, what a copout

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:28:55 AM

There are multiple single-purpose accounts which registered around the same time as or after the Darkcoin launch, and to this day only post in Dash threads.

Let's hold them accountable for defending the Crypty scam, by memorializing their Baghdad Bob worthy 'there is no problem on Cryptsy' cheerleading.

I suspect there is more than meets the eye about the relationship between Dark/Dash-coin and its former main exchange.

Remember the cozy relationship between BigVern and Paycoin?  Now put that together with the fact Dash was their main coin, by far, for about an entire year.

I have got to defend Cryptsy, from the beginning they have been a stable exchange to rely on while many others have fallen down hard(mintpal anyone?)

Cryptsy has been really good for me, Big Vern is known and US based, and no one has ever lost money there over a very long time.

I remember this same thing with people recommending to leave Cryptsy and go to Mintpal in this same thread. How did that turn out?

There is also the distinct possibility that Cryptsy has done absolutely nothing wrong at all and these are all completely false allegations.

Big Vern fires back !

If anyone has more examples of DRK/Dash sockpuppets acting as white knights for Cryptsy, please LMK so I can add them to the dossier.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████