Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:04:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 [5103] 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722678 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:36:55 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 10:49:53 AM by GhostPlayer

I must say, I've fallen in love with Poloniex.

By large and far the best interface in cryptoland. It is certainly not the same Poloniex as before, blatant XMR promoters/pumpers. Charts are as amazing as when they launched, but now everything else is just superb to be.

Support is fantastic, trollbox completely neutral with extremely helpful moderators, everything works flawlessly, night mode is beautiful, layout is perfectly simple and clear.

With Bitfinex delisting, I really hope volume picks up over there, I absolutely hate Cryptsy.
r4vani

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 11:02:11 AM

read here, good writeup:

http://shitco.in/2015/08/19/the-bitcoin-xt-trojan/

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:29:03 AM

By large and far the best interface in cryptoland. It is certainly not the same Poloniex as before, blatant XMR promoters/pumpers. Charts are as amazing as when they launched, but now everything else is just superb to be.

Support is fantastic, trollbox completely neutral with extremely helpful moderators, everything works flawlessly, night mode is beautiful, layout is perfectly simple and clear.

With Bitfinex delisting, I really hope volume picks up over there, I absolutely hate Cryptsy.
You should try dashcurex.com started yesterday and it will be the first exchange with IX implemented.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashcurex-official-thread.5960/

btw. the service nodes and shares ones will be updated to v48 tomorrow in the afternoon, no need to local start if your nodes are active.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 11:50:02 AM

You should try dashcurex.com started yesterday and it will be the first exchange with IX implemented.

btw. the service nodes and shares ones will be updated to v48 tomorrow in the afternoon, no need to local start if your nodes are active.
Thanks my friend!  Cheesy
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:28:01 PM

So, I'm curious what "the word" is "out there" on why crypto currency prices are dropping so hard?  I suppose we're a risky investment, and since everyone is wary at the moment regarding investment, they are also staying away from cryptos?  I just honestly thought cryptos would go up in price when the stock market crashed.  Guess I was wrong Tongue

I went to the main bitcoin threads on bitcoin and kinda got the heebie jeebies, so I'm hoping you all would enlighten me about the world outside and how we're fitting into it at the moment, LOL.  Thanks!

"The word" is often somebody's spin agenda, so I try to work things out myself (often failing, of course).

The best non-tinfoil-hat interpretation I could think of was that "investors" might have to cash in their crypto under duress to meet short calls. I don't really think that would be the case, but you never know. Stock market players are supposedly very different kinds of people from crypto hoarders. I use scare-quotes on "investors" because the QE-driven global fiat bubble is bound to end badly, and I don't think anyone would actually invest under such frothy conditions - great for speculation, but not investment. Your guess about general risk aversion is at least as good though.

Whether the current market fuss is just a head fake or the real meltdown is anyone's guess.

My best tinfoilish guess is that entities who prop up the fiat bubble would surely not want crypto to be perceived as a safe haven from a fiat meltdown, and might therefore ensure (by selling crypto) that it behaves "just like fiat" under stress. Such behavior is completely counterintuitive and certainly doesn't match the Cyprus/Greece meme - yet it is happening. There were a few first-time posters at BCT yesterday with "the sky is falling for the crypto Ponzi" hit-and-run posts - people are pulling levers.

tl;dr I dunno, but it's fun to guess while waiting for Tok to shine some light.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:13:50 PM

So, I'm curious what "the word" is "out there" on why crypto currency prices are dropping so hard?  I suppose we're a risky investment, and since everyone is wary at the moment regarding investment, they are also staying away from cryptos?  I just honestly thought cryptos would go up in price when the stock market crashed.  Guess I was wrong Tongue

I went to the main bitcoin threads on bitcoin and kinda got the heebie jeebies, so I'm hoping you all would enlighten me about the world outside and how we're fitting into it at the moment, LOL.  Thanks!

"The word" is often somebody's spin agenda, so I try to work things out myself (often failing, of course).

The best non-tinfoil-hat interpretation I could think of was that "investors" might have to cash in their crypto under duress to meet short calls. I don't really think that would be the case, but you never know. Stock market players are supposedly very different kinds of people from crypto hoarders. I use scare-quotes on "investors" because the QE-driven global fiat bubble is bound to end badly, and I don't think anyone would actually invest under such frothy conditions - great for speculation, but not investment. Your guess about general risk aversion is at least as good though.

Whether the current market fuss is just a head fake or the real meltdown is anyone's guess.

My best tinfoilish guess is that entities who prop up the fiat bubble would surely not want crypto to be perceived as a safe haven from a fiat meltdown, and might therefore ensure (by selling crypto) that it behaves "just like fiat" under stress. Such behavior is completely counterintuitive and certainly doesn't match the Cyprus/Greece meme - yet it is happening. There were a few first-time posters at BCT yesterday with "the sky is falling for the crypto Ponzi" hit-and-run posts - people are pulling levers.

Bitcoin is too heavily geared towards China on mining and speculation.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:13:53 PM

Sounds about right Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:17:26 PM

You have a case of Stockholm syndrome. You'll be selling Dash and buying XMR in about 9.24 days from now.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:01:07 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 02:37:45 PM by TanteStefana2

You have a case of Stockholm syndrome. You'll be selling Dash and buying XMR in about 9.24 days from now.

LOL, actually, it's good to hear because I also hate cryptsy and was using Bitfinex, but now feel lost.  I might try Poloniex again, haven't been there since, what was it?  March '14?  Oh man, I don't remember my login, LOL!

I don't really hate cryptsy, it's just not a good fit for my small volume and I feel nickled and dimed to death unless something has changed Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:08:44 PM

LOL, actually, it's good to hear because I also hate cryptsy and was using Bitfinex, but now feel lost.  I might try Poloniex again, haven't been there since, what was it?  March '14?  Oh man, I don't remember my login, LOL!
I have got to defend Cryptsy, from the beginning they have been a stable exchange to rely on while many others have fallen down hard(mintpal anyone?)
They are the only exchange of note for some of the more obscure coins, and while it could be said that Big Vern adds too many, as least it gives a chance to a small coin that is struggling to get known.
Also they now have dollar/btc, which props all the other alt markets up, I don't remember anyone ever losing anything with them either, so I don't get why you would say that you 'hate' them ?

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:15:45 PM

Not sure how you get poloniex running but I tried 3 browsers and neither is running it smoothly.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:15:56 PM

LOL, actually, it's good to hear because I also hate cryptsy and was using Bitfinex, but now feel lost.  I might try Poloniex again, haven't been there since, what was it?  March '14?  Oh man, I don't remember my login, LOL!
I have got to defend Cryptsy, from the beginning they have been a stable exchange to rely on while many others have fallen down hard(mintpal anyone?)
They are the only exchange of note for some of the more obscure coins, and while it could be said that Big Vern adds too many, as least it gives a chance to a small coin that is struggling to get known.
Also they now have dollar/btc, which props all the other alt markets up, I don't remember anyone ever losing anything with them either, so I don't get why you would say that you 'hate' them ?

I have to agree Cryptsy has been really good for me, Big Vern is known and US based, and no one has ever lost money there over a very long time. I will continue to use cryptsy and recommend it until they give me a real reason  not to.

I remember this same thing with people recommending to leave Cryptsy and go to Mintpal in this same thread. How did that turn out?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:35:28 PM

You're right Sub-Ether, I knew when I wrote that, that hate was the wrong word.  I will change that.  I think, for me and my tiny TINY volume, they end up charging me more money, that's why I don't use them.  Bitfinex never charged me to withdraw, and unless something changed Cryptsy did.  That irked me, but I suppose that if their margins between buy and sell are smaller, it would be much better for someone with some coins, unlike me.

I don't like keeping my coins on an exchange and at cryptsy, if I moved my coins there, and decided to hold, I would loose money just by having transferred into my account, then withdrawing.  It got under my skin.

It's just not a good fit for me, and I don't really hate them Smiley

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:39:40 PM

Cryptsy is a joke... taking 8 hours to process withdrawals is absurd.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

There is that, but you can't deny their antiguity and security.

Guys, really, not promoting Poloniex at all, nor dissing on Crypsty. Just expressing my feeling towards the "new" Poloniex platform. I just really really really don't like the way Cryptsy looks, that all.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:02:38 PM

-snip-

It would be cool to try depositing funds with IX, will check it out.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:10:06 PM

Guys, really, not promoting Poloniex at all, nor dissing on Crypsty. Just expressing my feeling towards the "new" Poloniex platform. I just really really really don't like the way Cryptsy looks, that all.

I've been very pleased with Polo. Fast deposits, fast withdrawals, nice layout and functionality. Poloniex is insanely better than Cryptsy.
italeffect

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:11:37 PM

I think Cryptsy being in the US is a huge liability. I have to think it's only a matter of time before the US comes after them and Bittrex.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:17:07 PM

I think Cryptsy being in the US is a huge liability. I have to think it's only a matter of time before the US comes after them and Bittrex.

Poloniex is also US Based and they operate with a Montana LLC,   Cryptsy operates with a Belize company, managed by a US corporation, so that is one extra layer of protection. Anyway, I see the fact that they operate in the US as an advantage as they are more liable and less likely to run with the money.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:33:53 PM

Poloniex is also US Based and they operate with a Montana LLC,   Cryptsy operates with a Belize company, managed by a US corporation, so that is one extra layer of protection. Anyway, I see the fact that they operate in the US as an advantage as they are more liable and less likely to run with the money.

I've always found Poloniex to be slow and unresponsive (the website, not the people). I prefer Cryptsy personally.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Pages: « 1 ... 5053 5054 5055 5056 5057 5058 5059 5060 5061 5062 5063 5064 5065 5066 5067 5068 5069 5070 5071 5072 5073 5074 5075 5076 5077 5078 5079 5080 5081 5082 5083 5084 5085 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5091 5092 5093 5094 5095 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 [5103] 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: