Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:30:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ToominCoin aka "Bitcoin_Classic" #R3KT  (Read 157066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:25:15 PM

Whenever I read /r/btc I feel like I'm reading /r/SandersForPresident.

You should probably start appreciating Classic and XT supporters a bit more.

After all, they're genuinely dedicated to Bitcoin in spite of your censorship and the lunacy of your peers.

If they truly wanted to help Bitcoin they would respect the consensus process.

Why?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:03:12 PM

After all, they're genuinely dedicated to Bitcoin in spite of your censorship and the lunacy of your peers.

Why?

Because a contentious hard fork might kill Bitcoin.
That's a risk someone that is "genuinely dedicated" to Bitcoin should not take.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:31:51 PM

Why?

I've noticed that otherwise liberal people have become increasingly authoritarian lately. There is a genuine difference of opinion. How this is handled matters.

First of all, the people behind the contention have a responsibility as well; second, there are other things than hard forks that can kill Bitcoin.

This economic experiment we're running right now, where txs are at the bleeding edge of the block limit with the entire network susceptible to ddos attacks, and later, hopefully(as in: if genuine txs keep growing), users being pushed off the network because of full blocks; is very, very dangerous.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:37:58 PM

Why?

I've noticed that otherwise liberal people have become increasingly authoritarian lately. There is a genuine difference of opinion. How this is handled matters.

First of all, the people behind the contention have a responsibility as well; second, there are other things than hard forks that can kill Bitcoin.

This economic experiment we're running right now, where txs are at the bleeding edge of the block limit with the entire network susceptible to ddos attacks, and later, hopefully(as in: if genuine txs keep growing), users being pushed off the network because of full blocks; is very, very dangerous.

Not to mention the fact that SegWit testnet forked and that there’s no way this thing will be ready in a month. (Ok, I mentioned it.)

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:43:15 PM

Why?

first of all the people behind the contention have irresponsibly been yapping their utter bullshit all over the place and therefore they have naturally been dismissed for the last year by bitcoin consensus mechanism.

second, what are the other things that can kill bitcoin? your ignorance?

ps: you can shove your "hopefully" where it belongs, and if anything, the dos attacks clearly makes the case for the 1MB hard limit.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:00:51 PM

Why?

first of all the people behind the contention have irresponsibly been yapping their utter bullshit all over the place and therefore they have naturally been dismissed for the last year by bitcoin consensus mechanism.

ps: you can shove your "hopefully" where it belongs, and if anything, the dos attacks clearly makes the case for the 1MB hard limit.

Says the btc-shorting troll. I'm sure you're loving this.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:12:14 PM

Why?

Says the btc-shorting troll. I'm sure you're loving this.

Heh me short of bitcoin? Lol

Second answer the question you retard: what is It that could kill bitcoin?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 04:20:02 PM

Not to mention the fact that SegWit testnet forked and that there’s no way this thing will be ready in a month. (Ok, I mentioned it.)
Nonsense. You can't possibly know that. The reason for which it is called a testnet is because it supposed to be used for extensive testing (which it is). I'm actually 'glad' that the fork happened there, else something might have been missed before the release. It could be a simple bug, you never know.

Still less dangerous than a contentious hard fork. Gavin had one job: 1) consensus threshold (90-95%); 2) Grace period (even Garzik suggested 3-6 months as a minimum). He failed miserably on both.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:28:27 PM

Gavin surely is short of bitcoin.. Roll Eyes
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:32:06 PM

Innocent little buckie. Never heard of shorting.

hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:34:47 PM

Answer the question genuis
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:35:46 PM

Nonsense. You can't possibly know that. The reason for which it is called a testnet is because it supposed to be used for extensive testing (which it is). I'm actually 'glad' that the fork happened there, else something might have been missed before the release. It could be a simple bug, you never know.

Still less dangerous than a contentious hard fork. Gavin had one job: 1) consensus threshold (90-95%); 2) Grace period (even Garzik suggested 3-6 months as a minimum). He failed miserably on both.

What nonsense? You don’t even know why it forked!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 04:37:28 PM

There's more than enough time (more than a month -> up to end of April to meet estimate) to figure it out and fix it. The 'nonsense' is your claim that it won't be ready by then based on this singular problem.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:43:56 PM

There's more than enough time (more than a month -> up to end of April to meet estimate) to figure it out and fix it. The 'nonsense' is your claim that it won't be ready by then based on this singular problem.

So neither of us knows what happened. Fair enough.

forevernoob

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:54:58 PM

You obviously don't know how the consensus process works. It's the opposite of being authoritarian.
You are the one being authoritarian when you try to impose your views on us.
You don't give a shit about our arguments or anything we do or say. You are just hellbent on getting things your way.

That's the wrong approach.

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/seeds-for-change-consensus-decision-making

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:07:44 PM

You obviously don't know how the consensus process works. It's the opposite of being authoritarian.
You are the one being authoritarian when you try to impose your views on us.
You don't give a shit about our arguments or anything we do or say. You are just hellbent on getting things your way.

That's the wrong approach.

https://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/seeds-for-change-consensus-decision-making

We're doomed...

Edit:

"When they can see the whites of your eyes
In emergencies, in situations where urgent and immediate action is necessary, appointing a temporary leader may be the wisest course of action."

Where's dev?

Arrakeen

Activity: 532

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:08:16 PM

From the first page:

Have we figured out who's benefiting here?
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:10:13 PM

Maybe nobody knows yet, but Lauda is right.

This is the proper use of testnet, to weed out network-level
problems that cannot be tracked down by static
code inspection or debugging sessions.

“God does not play dice"
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:14:30 PM

Maybe nobody knows yet, but Lauda is right.

This is the proper use of testnet, to weed out network-level
problems that cannot be tracked down by static
code inspection or debugging sessions.

No doubt, but that wasn't the point.

forevernoob

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 05:14:54 PM

We're doomed...

I suppose you like democracy better? Well I suppose you are right it has worked extremely well for centuries...
Oh wait.. It hasn't.

Here is the Wikipedia article which I realize I should have linked to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making
Since you seem scared of the word anarchist.

Please read some before you dismiss it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: