Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell your BTC for Moneypak +5% bonus through FacebookChat or Torchat - Learn How  (Read 71486 times)
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

Never spend your money before you have it.

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:56:48 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 10:16:27 AM by MoneypakTrader.com

Can you update your original post with a link to your WoT identity, and a link to your public key, and sign the original post with the public key tied to your WoT identity?
First, thanks for trading your BTC with us through moneypaktrader.com and other methods. We appreciate your business and hope to do many more transactions with you in the future.
MoneypakTrader or MoneypakTrader.com are the otc profiles, but they only confuse customers due to the bigoted posts by otc users with negative opinions regarding our endorsement of SR. Using our services through moneypaktrader.com has no relationship to SR.

Is it possible to get a copy of the receipt for the moneypak used to load the prepaid card?  There is one way to reverse moneypaks by calling greendot and saying the funds were already spent when you went to load them, but if I have a receipt copy, that strategy doesn't work.
Please substantiate with credible references showing the results of this, we've only heard of this reversal method failing when the recipient claims ownership of the MP in their account.
We don't ask for receipts, but if having the receipt has made the difference in keeping a card open (credible references required), we will investigate that. So far (4/29/13) there are no credible reports of what you claim. The links to such claims in this thread were all debunked.
The deciding factor (as the overwhelming evidence shows) is whether the recipient declares they are not the true owner (i.e. they say someone gave them the code, which could result in reversal).
Worst case scenario (if the recipient declares ownership), recipient has card closed and gets check in the mail for balance. This happened numerous times after heavy loading to many customers.
Bottom line, don't say you bought the MP code with BTC. If Card/ GreenDot asks for explanation, say "it's my money", "I loaded it", etc. and you won't lose the money. It costs them more to investigate/litigate it then to simply close the account and send you the money. They won't even spend the time/resources to have the fraud team call you on the phone, they use email/messages to have CSR's (in india/mexico/Philippines) mediate it.
 They have plenty of warnings to protect themselves from the guy claiming the MP was empty. MP just don't go empty unless the code is shared. . .
Follow that advice and you're guaranteed to receive your money.
If you're paranoid, just go withdraw the $$$ at the ATM immediately after each load to remove the perceived possibility of reversal.

need step by step instructions.
i haven't used torchat and don't see it available on my android.
i would like to load my debit card, say with $150.  what is step 1?  how do i get the bitcoin address and amount from you? and is it only then that i send my card # and zip via privnote?  and then how to get the link for the privnote to you?
1) get a card that is on this list https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx
This will require going to the card's website and "qualifying" to have the card mailed to you.
Some of the popular cards are: www.mangomoney.com accountnow.com walmartmoneycard.com greendot.com americanexpress.com/prepaid serve.com rushcard.com
but countless others are available.

2) a) Register an account at moneypaktrader.com (Using your TC username if possible).
b) Place the order to load your debit card, including your load preferences in the order.
c) Deposit BTC for how much you want loaded (use the calculator on moneypaktrader.com).

3) receive $$ to card

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 09:27:34 PM

Not using my real ID as I don't want people to know that I'm handling so much money.
I will use MoneypakTrader or MoneypakTrader.com (if "." is allowed), it is not useful right now.
I will not use pgp unless it will guarantee sale/s, there are better alternatives (privnote/readthenburn).
Those two services don't prove identity.

You claim to have extensive feedback on Silk Road and claim to have done business on #bitcoin-otc. I could claim to be any user on #bitcoin-otc and the only way to prove it would be to sign a message with my public key.

Any reputation you've accumulated via the #bitcoin-otc WoT is useless in this situation if you're not willing to cryptographically prove that you're the person you claim to be.
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 10:13:38 PM

You indicated that there was a high risk of fraud with $200 moneypaks.  How is this fraud perpetrated?

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 11:15:04 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 06:11:04 PM by MoneypakTrader.com

You claim to have extensive feedback on Silk Road
We have extensive feedback in the Money categories on SR under the username "freemoney". SR provides a morally responsible way to provide goods/services for BTC without funding violent and repressive regimes through coerced taxation or bribes. We endorse SR 100% despite only using them for escrowing our transactions of USD-BTC with customers who still want escrow.
Claimed and proven:

Image Without the ads: http://s7.postimage.org/frk56keu3/SRName.gif
We encourage people to look at our profile and feedback on SR to get an idea of how users feel about our services. Of course there is clear evidence of our mutual ownership of moneypaktrader.com in the profile and listings. So, we're saying it here, we're saying it there, encrypting the messages will not change the sources or reliability. It would only add complexity and potential confusion.

Any reputation you've accumulated via the #bitcoin-otc WoT is useless in this situation if you're not willing to cryptographically prove that you're the person you claim to be.
True, we're not using any cred from OTC, that's just somewhere for future reviews ATM. We've found the ops on otc to be bigoted against friends of sinners such as us, while they lack any ability to rationally discuss our business and how it would enhance the otc community. We have no plans to expand into the otc market atm due to these bigots that control the market there.
If/when Greg Maxwell and/or other responsible bigots that are entrenched there die or otherwise change their oppressive actions, we may reevaluate this position.

In summary, there are plenty of reviews on here, SR, and OTC that confirm we're a legitimate trading enterprise that allows easily and quickly trading BTC and USD/MPs.
We've held hundreds of btc at once in trust for customers, but the best policy for anyone is to only trust others (banks/exchanges/friends/websites) with the amount of value you can reasonably afford to lose.
So, in summary, the best bet is probably just do a week at a time with trades of lower values (~$500), rather than putting in $5000 of btc all at once as some of our customers do.

You indicated that there was a high risk of fraud with $200 moneypaks.  How is this fraud perpetrated?
google search $200 MP
You now know as much as we do.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 12:47:46 AM

Claimed and proven:
Sorry, that's not proof. I could make a screenshot image that shows me as being Dread Pirate Roberts with an account balance of BTC90,000,000.

If you posted a public GPG key in your Silk Road profile, and signed a message here with that same key, it would prove that you control both accounts.
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 02:51:09 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 04:42:23 PM by MoneypakTrader.com

We used SR for escrowing services before getting the website operational because we're not comfortable using escrow agencies that openly contributes taxes or donations to violent oppression of people (domestic or abroad) and SR seems the most moral of the bitcoin escrow agencies (by clearly disclosing their non-participation in violence against others and non-support of entities that do so).

SR has such a well-developed feedback and escrow system, they were also a pragmatic choice of low-capital business development.

The SR profile "freemoney" shows we're the same entity running moneypaktrader.com

Now that we're transitioning to moneypaktrader.com there's no need to use SR for escrow or otherwise unless you want to support their website/business.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:32:30 AM

Just loaded someone's halogen debit card, it's not on the list but seemed to work fine for receiving $$$.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:18:32 PM

So basically the OP is trying to recruit idiots to help him launder stolen funds. This is precisely the sort of thing we don't want around here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:26:45 PM

So basically the OP is trying to recruit idiots to help him launder stolen funds. This is precisely the sort of thing we don't want around here.

Sadly it will work.  The siren's call of 8% "no risk" free money is too strong.
MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

So basically the OP is trying to recruit idiots to help him launder stolen funds.
Your accusation is baseless. I don't accept stolen funds for this business, only first time purchasers of MP's are allowed to sell them to me. If I suspect a client of using other people's MP, they are not allowed to invest.
If you have any evidence of someone going to jail (or even being prosecuted) for this type of activity, please share. Otherwise your unresearched opinion is most unwelcome.
The funds are from legitimate btc investors whose best option of remaining anonymous in buying btc is using MPs.
Rather than centralize the profits, my business plan is to distribute them among the investors.

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

SCAMMER
This guy has been making shit up about how "MoneyPak's aren't reversible because I say so."

He's the shadiest idiot in the world, and is obviously laundering money for his SR business.

ANYONE WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS BUSINESS IS A CRIMINAL ACCOMPLICE.  DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS PERSON.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 09:10:00 PM

wait, MP are reversible? Only if the recipient tells the card company it wasn't their money that got loaded.
If someone would please link to a credible MP reversal story people might stop believing what's written on MP front page "if someone gets your code, the money is gone!"

Seth Otterstad

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 09:29:07 PM

I have asked around and could not find anyone who could dispute his claim that a moneypak cannot get reversed after declaring ownership.  I also have not found any evidence that having the receipt can stop an account from getting closed.  Perhaps more people will comment on this

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
cointell

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:46:55 PM

Sadly it will work.  The siren's call of 8% "no risk" free money is too strong.

He is selling MP that he obtained through SR. There is a risk that Greendot will question the origin of the MP and close the account of the person who loads the funds.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 11:53:02 PM

I have asked around and could not find anyone who could dispute his claim that a moneypak cannot get reversed after declaring ownership.  I also have not found any evidence that having the receipt can stop an account from getting closed.  Perhaps more people will comment on this
Look harder.  Maybe at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115047.msg1260707#msg1260707.  Maybe the 10 people in IRC that disputed it (Ssateneth, GlooBoy, sturles, etc.).

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 12:24:29 AM

I have asked around and could not find anyone who could dispute his claim that a moneypak cannot get reversed after declaring ownership.  I also have not found any evidence that having the receipt can stop an account from getting closed.  Perhaps more people will comment on this
Has anyone provided the receipt to GD and had their account closed or kept open? that would be good to know.
There is a risk that Greendot will question the origin of the MP and close the account of the person who loads the funds.
If you say you didn't buy the mp at the store, that's the one way it might be reversed.
Link is about a person who loaded questionable MP and did NOT have it reversed, nice try though, keep looking. also about people who give codes away and can NOT get the money back.
Go Away Jerky

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 01:47:59 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2013, 03:02:15 AM by DeathAndTaxes

One example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89182.0

jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 01:53:51 AM

Confused... didn't think you could reload any debit card in the world with a moneypak

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
Seth Otterstad

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:15:36 AM

In this example, it happened just like MoneypakTrader said it would.  He didn't have a receipt, and they closed his account and mailed him a check (although he did have to escalate to a supervisor).

It looks to me like there is no chance you would actually lose the money that was loaded on your card if you say it is your moneypak.  The worst case scenario would be having to sue in small claims court.  In LA county, it costs $30 to sue for up to $1500 worth of damages.  The card issuer would always just mail out a check instead of paying a lawyer to show up.  An "intent to sue" letter on some law office letterhead would get the job done too.

MoneypakTrader.com (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:09:22 AM

Exactly, having the receipt would be the difference between keeping the account open and having it closed with a check mailed to you.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: