Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DEX (Decentralized Exchange) Thread  (Read 24374 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:50:48 AM

Didn't see barterdex anywhere, only for desktop at the moment and has atomic swaps active.

https://barterdex.supernet.org/
BarterDEX is a rebrand of InstantDEX. It's a very good concept indeed, but the fact that you have to download the blockchains of every single cryptocurrency you want to trade is a quite huge minus Tongue

You don't have to download the full blockchains, it uses spv mode with electrum servers for most supported coins. Some coins don't have electrum servers setup yet, but when they do they can use lite mode too.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shvetseu

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:43:16 AM

In my opinion, in the future decentralized exchanges will be superseded by ordinary ones. I like this idea, but I have not seen a single word about the future exchange of NEX, based on the NEO platform.
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:08:53 PM

I think this new era of exchanges is very cool. Fees are getting decreased, asking for kyc and many other things become obsolete. Dividend sharing dex coins are also great. I enjoy investing into these exchanges.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:54:51 PM

One disadvantage of decentralized platform is the speed of trades compared to traditional platform. It is also much higher transaction fee than the normal trading platform. Even security is also an issue like what happened in Etherdelta. I like decentralize platform but I think it needs  more time before it is fully adopted.

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:57:02 PM

One disadvantage of decentralized platform is the speed of trades compared to traditional platform. It is also much higher transaction fee than the normal trading platform. Even security is also an issue like what happened in Etherdelta. I like decentralize platform but I think it needs  more time before it is fully adopted.

I agree, DEX like BarterDEX are not for every crypto user, if you don't mind kyc regulations and don't mind some risk from hacks and scams from using centralised exchanges then DEX is probably a lot more trouble than it's worth in many ways, slow and requires effort to learn new way of thinking based on things like utxo and atomic swaps. Maybe 80% of small-medium traders will not bother to learn, but DEX niche will still be substantial.

I disagree though, BarterDEX fees are cheaper, and security issues are non existent, you always control your private keys, and there's no central website, so no chance of phishing or dns spoofing.
U

Activity: 503
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:54:18 AM

IDex.market is a user-friendly exchange.

Bitcoin Ethereum TERA
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:14:04 AM

I have been using ForkDelta lately which gives you access to the contracts that underpin EtherDelta but with a site that is better maintained.

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:03:38 AM
Merited by psycodad (1)

Didn't see barterdex anywhere, only for desktop at the moment and has atomic swaps active.

I haven't added it to the list yet, but it has certainly been discussed in this thread. I have not been able to see or use it yet. I am no longer adding vaporware DEXs to the list since enough DEXs are functional and exist already.

https://www.komodoplatform.com/en/barterdex

^^^ This says I can sign up to be notified when it is released. Ping me when it is so that I can evaluate it.

I love that this thread is so unpopular.  Probably means that it'll have good info, instead of the spam that's in most threads.   Does anyone have a full list of decentralized exchanges (including those that are announced, but not launched yet)?
Unfortunately, yes... this thread is unpopular. Everyone is having a hard time understanding why DEXs are so important. They are beginning to come around though. I have been seeing a lot more chatter around Crypto Twitter about DEXs recently. Sadly I haven't had much time to update this thread though. I will try to do better...

This is good topic, Here are what I got:

paradex.io - ERC20 token dex platform powered by the 0x protocol
dextroid - They claimed as the next generation dex, but it seems still beta phase

Thanks... I have not heard of either of these DEXs!

In my opinion, in the future decentralized exchanges will be superseded by ordinary ones.
Tech inevitably improves upon itself. I mostly agree with you, but you also need to consider that well-funded incumbent (such as already existing DEXs) can and will implement new technology.

One disadvantage of decentralized platform is the speed of trades compared to traditional platform. It is also much higher transaction fee than the normal trading platform. Even security is also an issue like what happened in Etherdelta. I like decentralize platform but I think it needs  more time before it is fully adopted.

I can agree with all of that. They are not optimal, and never will be, but they will be improved upon slowly. We need to still support the DEXs that currently exist even though they are not perfect. Liquidity will not move from centralized to decentralized if there is little/no liquidity on the DEXs.

IDex.market is a user-friendly exchange.

Never heard of it. I am glad there are so many DEXs I haven't heard of!!

I have been using ForkDelta lately which gives you access to the contracts that underpin EtherDelta but with a site that is better maintained.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. The Etherdelta phishing attack was certainly unfortunate. At least the Smart Contract itself has been resilient thus far!
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:16:33 AM

Because there are so many tokens on commercial decentralized sites, so the transaction volume is very large, leading to transaction delays and high transaction costs. If the commercial pages overcome these two things, the success rate is huge.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:58:07 AM

I haven't added it to the list yet, but it has certainly been discussed in this thread. I have not been able to see or use it yet. I am no longer adding vaporware DEXs to the list since enough DEXs are functional and exist already.

It's not vapoware! BarterDex has been live on mainnet since november, a small selection of the pairs is listed on CMC too: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/barterdex/

All main Bitcoin-based coins are supported and Eth/Erc20 in next version

https://www.komodoplatform.com/en/barterdex

^^^ This says I can sign up to be notified when it is released. Ping me when it is so that I can evaluate it.

That is outdated, this weekend there will be a new Komodo website online

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
mrelich

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 07:01:12 PM

I love the concept of decentralized exchanges, this is for sure the future of exchanging cryptos. BarterDex project look to be promising. I also look forward when Binance changes itself to be decentralized - they've got plans to do that.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:45:49 PM

0x has been added to the list:

0x Protocol
- Exchange: https://0xproject.com/portal
- Whitepaper: https://0xproject.com/pdfs/0x_white_paper.pdf
Strengths:
- Working implementation
- Fully autonomous and decentralized
- 0x is a DEX "fat protocol" that other projects are building on top of, thus liquidity will be shared among multiple exchanges
Weaknesses:
- Only compatible with Ethereum and/or ERC-20 tokens
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:51:44 PM

Some have come up. The likes of IDEX, Forkdelta, Token Market are some good ones. I'm particularly impressed by IDEX's UI and hitchfree trading although the minimum withdraw funds are higher than most I've seen in other dexs

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:59:30 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 07:14:09 PM by CoinHoarder

Some have come up. The likes of IDEX, Forkdelta, Token Market are some good ones. I'm particularly impressed by IDEX's UI and hitchfree trading although the minimum withdraw funds are higher than most I've seen in other dexs

Thanks for the recommendations. Those names have come up before up-thread, but I just haven't had time to check them out... hopefully I can soon.

I just added Bancor too. TBH, I am pretty impressed with the simple and straightforward approach of it. It also provides a novel solution to the liquidity problem most DEXs and decentralized/autonomous stablecoins face.

Bancor
- BCT Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1789222.0
Strengths:
- Working implementation
- Fully autonomous and decentralized
- Allows straightforward and simple (Shapeshift-like) exchanges
- A novel and elegant solution to the liquidity problem most DEXs and decentralized/autonomous stablecoins face
Weaknesses:
- Only compatible with Ethereum and/or ERC-20 tokens
AltxF4

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 07:00:04 PM by AltxF4

You mean The Token Store. It's far better than Forkdelta and IDEX in terms of functionality (the node actually works well) and has a slick and simple UI
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:34:30 PM

I believe that decentralized exchanges will become very popular in future. But not all of the listed above will survive. Most likely, there will be 3-5 large and popular decentralized exchanges. Now it is difficult to guess which of the projects will begin to develop more actively.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6172

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:53:11 PM

I appreciate this initiative and I see that there were some newer exchanges added in the last months.

However, I would divide it in at least two sections: one-blockchain-exchanges and multi-blockchain-exchanges.

One-blockchain DEX's are quite old, I think the oldest was Ripple in 2013, or maybe Mastercoin (Omni), or even one of the early "coloured coins" implementations. They have gained traction again with the ERC20 boom in 2017 but they continue to be a relatively simple and limited technology. There are now over 50, maybe 100 different one-blockchain exchange protocols (as some like Counterparty were cloned on many platforms) and I consider it impossible to follow the development of them all.

The most interesting technologies for me are multi-blockchain exchanges. They really connect the blockchain world and are the only technology that really could replace altcoin exchanges. So at least I would like to see a separation of both technologies in this thread.

For those that know German, I have created a similar thread in German some months ago here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1542761

BTW: BarterDEX is missing, it seems at this moment the most advanced multi-blockchain DEX, with a relatively easy-to-use GUI.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:20:11 AM

Bancor has opened their first fiat gateway, so you can now but Ethereum with a credit card directly from wallet, and then convert it to any token listed on the platform. I think this is the best decentralized exchange for ERC20 tokens out there, at least for now. Developers are adding lots of features lately, and now this credit card option. All is looking good.
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:30:38 PM

And what about IDEX, I dont see IDEX on your list and IDEX is pretty big, there are many ICOs listed here.
In the future hope there will be also MIDEX Wink.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
hung.pham100

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:02:49 AM

Supernet still being developed on top of NXT?  We gathered that the lead dev is dropping NXT due to some API issues in one of the upgrades.  And that the Supernet lead dev was the one responsible for dumping all that NXT to its lows.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: