Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:54:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling problem  (Read 90299 times)
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:19:55 PM

The big gamblers do it for the thrill not to win some extra money. Big gamblers are already millionaire due their business, they just wan tto have some fun. For them to lose 1000 dollars is like for us to lose 1 cent, it means nothing.
But keep on losing 1000 dollars would be a big problem even for the big gamblers. So, gambling problems would be same regardless of your wealth. Only the time may differ to affect.
Well said. How long a gambler keep on losing 1000 dollars. So, one day he also will become poor and will start finding about problems from gambling. That is a practical truth. Loss is a loss, it will definitely will result in a problem.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 06:48:09 PM

I see there is so many people trying hard to stop gambling their money because they've losing so much
If you not ready to lose your money, then don't even try to gamble!
I agree, but some people just do not know how to stop. They are not thinking about the consequences that can happen if you keep playing and losing. They only think about the positive and not the negative.  

in gambling being greedy will only let you go down in to a harsh reality that gambling will only cause greater problem if you let your greediness take over you!

MOst people are greedy, hence gambling problem. It is really hard to resist the temptation of money and greed especially when you experience beginner's luck. YOu will always think it can happen again and you can win big. But most of the time you will lose. and even if you are winning, you can be greedy and on a single bet everything will be lost.

Yep...It's the people who don't know what they're doing who throw all their money away on a single bet!  Those who don't quite understand the consequences of variance and who don't practice sound bankroll management are usually the ones walking away with tears in their eyes while somebody else is standing there smiling!

Grin
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:32:31 PM

Greediness is a natural characteristic of humans. We want to have more than we have now and we want to recover what we lose. After all, many of us want to be a rich person they dreamed of.

Well that is what every body wants and every body is taking the risk in playing gambling because people didn't realized how does gambling works and they think that gambling is just for fun others think they can profit fast because of gambling well they are all wrong about this.

nothing wrong when thinking gambling is just for fun. it's so true. the wrong thought is gambling is not just for fun, if you know what i mean. taking the risk is not all wrong too.
then what is wrong for you? i dont get it, i think it is wrong when people are usually playing risky with money they cant afford to lose

i hope i will never have this problem because i dont want to lose all my money that i have and be broke
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:01:33 PM

I see there is so many people trying hard to stop gambling their money because they've losing so much

ready to lose money can change anything? ready or not, loss is still loss, loan is still loan, doesn't make it disappear, doesn't bring a money rain to cover it.
I think what he means is to gamble only what you can afford to lose. So that when you lose, you do not have the urge to recover it back and you can quit gambling. Otherwise, you'll just keep on betting and trying hard to recover your loss. This could be a start of gambling problems.
Yes many gamblers get into problems when they are trying to recover their earlier losses. But when you are gambling only with affordable money then there is no need to worry about losses for recovering.
But how long you will be able to gamble by keeping some money which is affordable to loose. I guess from the first lost with gambling is the point where the actual problem of gambling gets start.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:19:59 PM

ready to lose money can change anything? ready or not, loss is still loss, loan is still loan, doesn't make it disappear, doesn't bring a money rain to cover it.
I think what he means is to gamble only what you can afford to lose. So that when you lose, you do not have the urge to recover it back and you can quit gambling. Otherwise, you'll just keep on betting and trying hard to recover your loss. This could be a start of gambling problems.
Yes many gamblers get into problems when they are trying to recover their earlier losses. But when you are gambling only with affordable money then there is no need to worry about losses for recovering.
But how long you will be able to gamble by keeping some money which is affordable to loose. I guess from the first lost with gambling is the point where the actual problem of gambling gets start.

No.  If you're practicing sound bankroll management (such as a Kelly scheme) AND the odds are in your favo,r then a loss doesn't mean much if you're playing a long term game.  According to the law of large numbers, you'll win in the long term.  That's what the "house" does.  The important thing here is not to let oneself get perturbed by a loss and not start playing out of emotion rather than reason.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:45:24 PM

I agree, but some people just do not know how to stop. They are not thinking about the consequences that can happen if you keep playing and losing. They only think about the positive and not the negative.  

in gambling being greedy will only let you go down in to a harsh reality that gambling will only cause greater problem if you let your greediness take over you!

MOst people are greedy, hence gambling problem. It is really hard to resist the temptation of money and greed especially when you experience beginner's luck. YOu will always think it can happen again and you can win big. But most of the time you will lose. and even if you are winning, you can be greedy and on a single bet everything will be lost.

Yep...It's the people who don't know what they're doing who throw all their money away on a single bet!  Those who don't quite understand the consequences of variance and who don't practice sound bankroll management are usually the ones walking away with tears in their eyes while somebody else is standing there smiling!

Grin

Even if you do this, sometimes emotions and greed gets into you and destroy your iron clad plan to gambling success.  Maybe do this, have discipline to stick into your game plan and a little bit of luck, maybe you can actually be a winner. But in my opinion, only hard core gambler can do this without crying in the end.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:32:34 AM

Greediness is a natural characteristic of humans. We want to have more than we have now and we want to recover what we lose. After all, many of us want to be a rich person they dreamed of.

Well that is what every body wants and every body is taking the risk in playing gambling because people didn't realized how does gambling works and they think that gambling is just for fun others think they can profit fast because of gambling well they are all wrong about this.

nothing wrong when thinking gambling is just for fun. it's so true. the wrong thought is gambling is not just for fun, if you know what i mean. taking the risk is not all wrong too.

Yes it is true that someone can play it for fun. But let me ask you one thing, if you lose do you feel that you still have some fun? May be lose a little bit wont give you so much stress but how about if you lose a lot? I think they wont really have fun anymore
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:05:47 AM

everyone gambling problem was losing to much.
if you think about thought. we will more often lost than won while gambling. I do not know to be explained by the theory much less. but according to my point, gamblingwebsite is also definitely want to take advantage
Yes losses are the prime problem of gambling. But how big your problem is really matter here. If you gamble with the small money then you can keep your problem very small.
Yes the every gambler faces losses and so problems too. But how you tackle your problem is really matters to stay safe in gambling. Keeping your bet amount very small definitely will make your problem negligible in most of the time.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
znickelbackz

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:37:17 AM

it is just like gaming. A lot of people say gaming is very bad but the truth is gaming is actually very good for your brain and relaxation. It is just that a lot of people tends to get too addicted to it and thus end up gaming do more harm then benefit to them.

it's a very thin line, just make a wrong step in mind and you can fall down thousands miles to your hell. gambling is not an easy way for everyone to follow.
znickelbackz

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:48:56 AM

then what is wrong for you? i dont get it, i think it is wrong when people are usually playing risky with money they cant afford to lose

i hope i will never have this problem because i dont want to lose all my money that i have and be broke

i just said taking the risk, generally, not risky with money, it's more open in meaning, like taking the risk in deciding something. in gambling, just play for fun, not in serious way is not wrong.
znickelbackz

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:53:34 AM

it depends on each person, not neccessary drowning in gambling problem right away from start. with self-control technique, people can keep playing with affordable money everyday for whole life.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:29:44 AM

A lot of people have such problems with gambling but I do not have these problems at all, I think its all yourself, you have to blame yourself for it in my opinion.
You are controlling yourself right no one else is forcing you to gamble and spend money for it, you are all doing it yourself!
znickelbackz

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:31:47 AM

No.  If you're practicing sound bankroll management (such as a Kelly scheme) AND the odds are in your favo,r then a loss doesn't mean much if you're playing a long term game.  According to the law of large numbers, you'll win in the long term.  That's what the "house" does.  The important thing here is not to let oneself get perturbed by a loss and not start playing out of emotion rather than reason.

are you sure about that? which house actually does it? if there ever exist, it's not what the houses do. they are the last winners, what they do is make you lose at the end.
znickelbackz

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:35:27 AM

Yes it is true that someone can play it for fun. But let me ask you one thing, if you lose do you feel that you still have some fun? May be lose a little bit wont give you so much stress but how about if you lose a lot? I think they wont really have fun anymore

gambling just for fun and you shouldn't lose a lot, it's still fun and not wrong, and yeah, no stress. when you lose a lot, i think you have played it not just for fun anymore and things gone wrong and not funny.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:30:21 PM

Wait You had just said that gambling is for fun then it is not just for fun, I didn't really understand your logic though but gambling really makes some people feel joy and I think this is fun for them but In my opinion there is no totally fun about gambling.

it is just like gaming. A lot of people say gaming is very bad but the truth is gaming is actually very good for your brain and relaxation. It is just that a lot of people tends to get too addicted to it and thus end up gaming do more harm then benefit to them.

Well maybe there are some thinking that way but in my own thinking it is not relaxing at all it is depressing for some of us just like now we need to allocate a lot bitcoin for the coming halving.
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:48:18 PM

Wait You had just said that gambling is for fun then it is not just for fun, I didn't really understand your logic though but gambling really makes some people feel joy and I think this is fun for them but In my opinion there is no totally fun about gambling.

Well maybe there are some thinking that way but in my own thinking it is not relaxing at all it is depressing for some of us just like now we need to allocate a lot bitcoin for the coming halving.
Gaming is much better than gambling, you can lose a lot of money in gambling and that is really bad, but the good thing of gambling is that it will give you a lot of fun.
And it is okay to gamble, but you dont have to play that much until you will become poor that is really bad if you are doing that.

So the best thing is that you dont have to play with all your money but just a little.
Keselencoey

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:49:08 PM

i just started my gambling experience with a little amount of my money because afraid if i lose much .
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 01:57:22 PM

Gaming is much better than gambling, you can lose a lot of money in gambling and that is really bad, but the good thing of gambling is that it will give you a lot of fun.
And it is okay to gamble, but you dont have to play that much until you will become poor that is really bad if you are doing that.

So the best thing is that you dont have to play with all your money but just a little.

Yes gaming is much fun than gambling because you will never need money on playing it and you can not lose money in playing game just a PC rent I guess but gaming and gambling is two different things and in my opinion gambling really didn't give much that fun for me yes I won but not much because I just keep small amount when playing it.
yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:34:37 PM

yes its make sense,but i think people always have a chance to won gambling,its why people always playing it even they know they also have shance to lose their money,it just how you lucky in each bet throw.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:56:44 PM

A lot of people have a gambling problem these days and I think its normal if you gamble a lot you will get addicted, this will be sure the point when you cannot control yourself its very logical in my eyes.
If you can control yourself there will not be a problem mostly although even than it can happen because gambling is just so enjoyable and addicting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: