Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulden - Closed  (Read 133241 times)
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 07:37:37 AM

Nocks (paymentprovider for Gulden) won a pitch competition tonight. Congratulations guys!  Cool You can retweet if you want to Wink

https://twitter.com/nocksapp

Well done Buerra,  wonderful achievement for Nocks and Gulden.

Very happy to see that Gulden is not only targeting people within crypto but slowly moving onto mainstream where it counts. Impressing people on btctalk is a dead end as they only care about the investments they baghold the most.

Yeah, was real fun to do and was a great night. A professional video and some more publications will go live for Nocks, from us winning this challenge, issued by the organization and their partners. Real cool stuff. For those wanting to closely follow Nocks as a startup it's best to follow our Twitter or our story on Medium. Most news hits the Gulden slack quite fast too. Bitcointalk is always late to the party these days haha.

We had 4 more users join our slack community over the weekend taking the total to 115 members. Slack is very active with discussions and updates taking place. For new users to Gulden you can join us at the below link.

https://gulden.com/join

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 08:54:21 AM

Will Gulden be hard forking to multi-algo like Auroracoin?

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:15:00 AM

No, it was discussed over a year ago and was decided against, we have other much more exciting and original development planned.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 01:16:20 PM

No, we have reviewed it a while ago together with some other algo's and decided not to. Because we enjoy the luxury of having a pretty capable dev team we decided to develop our own algo called DELTA, instead of copypasting. A tailormade solution suits us better.

At least you being innovative and not copying other coins, if you ever do copy Multi-Algo please give myraidcoin the credit it deserves and not the coin that pretend they developed it.
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 03:04:46 PM

No, we have reviewed it a while ago together with some other algo's and decided not to. Because we enjoy the luxury of having a pretty capable dev team we decided to develop our own algo called DELTA, instead of copypasting. A tailormade solution suits us better.

At least you being innovative and not copying other coins, if you ever do copy Multi-Algo please give myraidcoin the credit it deserves and not the coin that pretend they developed it.

Gulden is leading on it's own path.

MaNI

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 04:28:37 PM

Gulden is leading on it's own path.
Indeed, Prime is going to be very exciting and a game changer in several respects.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:29:54 AM

Website down vixtrade.net
Mashugina71

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:27:25 PM

wonder if someone can help me. Trying to compile wallet from source on Ubuntu 14.04 x64. All dependencies are installed and updated. When I run autogen.sh I get

aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'build-aux/m4': No such file or directory
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build-aux'.
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `build-aux/m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `build-aux/m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:10: installing 'build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:5: installing 'build-aux/config.guess'
configure.ac:5: installing 'build-aux/config.sub'
configure.ac:9: installing 'build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:9: installing 'build-aux/missing'
Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
parallel-tests: installing 'build-aux/test-driver'
configure.ac:52: installing 'build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:15: installing 'build-aux/config.guess'
configure.ac:15: installing 'build-aux/config.sub'
configure.ac:25: installing 'build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:25: installing 'build-aux/missing'
Makefile.am:5: warning: user variable 'GZIP_ENV' defined here ...
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/distdir.am: ... overrides Automake variable 'GZIP_ENV' defined here
Makefile.am:54: warning: user target 'distcleancheck' defined here ...
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/distdir.am: ... overrides Automake target 'distcleancheck' defined here
src/Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
src/Makefile.am:434: warning: user target '.mm.o' defined here ...
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/depend2.am: ... overrides Automake target '.mm.o' defined here

Configure runs fine with nothing unusual. Upon completion there seems to be no QT wallet generated. I can see what appears to be its building during build sequence. Never run into this compiling other wallets. Help please. Thanks in advance.

MOJOcoin 15% pure PoS | Rokos OS | IoT | TOR
Website | Roadmap | Blockexplorer | Facebook | Twitter | Slack
MaNI

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:03:48 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 09:31:59 PM by MaNI

Quote from: Mashugina71
Configure runs fine with nothing unusual. Upon completion there seems to be no QT wallet generated. I can see what appears to be its building during build sequence. Never run into this compiling other wallets. Help please. Thanks in advance.
In theory if configure is running fine and it is building then the binary should be there, are you possibly looking in the wrong place?
Output binary is "src/qt/Gulden"

aclocal: warning: couldn't open directory 'build-aux/m4': No such file or directory
<snip>
/usr/share/automake-1.14/am/depend2.am: ... overrides Automake target '.mm.o' defined here
If you are sure the binary is not being built then you might want to try this part of the instructions on our github repo:
For older distributions with outdated autotools the above process may fail, a source tarball is available for these distributions.
    https://developer.gulden.com/download/155/Gulden155-linux.tar.gz To build from source tarball follow these steps:
    tar -zxvf Gulden155-linux.tar.gz
    ./configure
    make
i.e. build from the tarball instead of from the repo.

Alternatively you could try upgrade to a newer version of autotools so that aclocal can run correctly, but this may be a bit finicky.
The reason you have not seen this on other coins is that most altcoins are also on codebases that are several years old (out of date) so have quite a different build system - Gulden keeps up with the latest bitcoin changes and as a result has moved to the newer autotools based build system.

Hope this helps, let me know if you continue to have issues.
Mashugina71

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:46:02 PM

Issue Fixed. Was unfamiliar with location of binary. All good and syncing now. Thank you for your assistance  : Grin Grin Grin

MOJOcoin 15% pure PoS | Rokos OS | IoT | TOR
Website | Roadmap | Blockexplorer | Facebook | Twitter | Slack
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:06:13 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2016, 11:45:00 PM by veertje

Welcome or join the next meetups! 74 members already for upcoming Guldenmeetups. Smiley

http://www.meetup.com/Gulden
TamiLee

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 06:29:17 AM

In theory if configure is running fine and it is building then the binary should be there, are you possibly looking in the wrong place?

<snip>
If you are sure the binary is not being built then you might want to try this part of the instructions on our github repo:
For older distributions with outdated autotools the above process may fail, a source tarball is available for these distributions.
    https://developer.gulden.com/download/155/Gulden155-linux.tar.gz To build from source tarball follow these steps:
    ./configure
    make

Alternatively you could try upgrade to a newer version of autotools so that aclocal can run correctly, but this may be a bit finicky.
The reason you have not seen this on other coins is that most altcoins are also on codebases that are several years old (out of date) so have quite a different build system - Gulden keeps up with the latest bitcoin changes and as a result has moved to the newer autotools based build system.

MaNI you really are a great blockchain developer. Thank you for your continued work on gulden.

Is Android with Gulden and BTC merchant payments still planned for this month?
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:02:41 AM

<snip>
    ./configure
    make

MaNI you really are a great blockchain developer. Thank you for your continued work on gulden.

We are still on track for March, a development update will be posted within the week.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
TomPetty

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:36:51 AM

Is there any other coin who can buy with there coin at bitcoin merchants?
or is this specific for Gulden?

I think the gulden team work right. Hope some money investors also see value.

Gulden is the first and only for Gulden  Cool and it is Gold!

When I have the android wallet on my device that can be used at all bitcoin merchants I won't have any problems buying a lot more coins as there is no risk but seeing is believing. This team has always delivered though and expect this android wallet to be reality one day.

It's been over a month since my post about the android wallet and I meant what I said.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:11:24 PM

<snip>
    ./configure
    make

It's going to be epic having this version of Android wallet. Dutch people will be able to live off crypto.
MaNI

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 03:48:07 PM

As an Android user myself I want the new Android wallet just as much as everyone else here Smiley Don't worry it is definitely coming...
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:09:57 PM

As an Android user myself I want the new Android wallet just as much as everyone else here Smiley Don't worry it is definitely coming...

My guess is this android wallet isn't the same as the old one with being able to pay at bitcoin merchants?
nickelback65

Activity: 85

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:05:06 AM

Hello friends,

As a long time supporter of Gulden I have been trying to think of ways that would increase the adoption and usage of the Gulden.  

One way would be to have a sporting club like the football club Ajax in Amsterdam accept Gulden as payment.  Maybe the NFLEI National Football
League Europe would be a possibility.  Or a ticket exchange for sports/entertainment would accept Gulden as payment.

As I do not live in the Netherlands, maybe someone would be interested in exploring this possibility.
MaNI

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:31:36 AM

How do I get into the Gulden Slack?
Used the link on Gulden.com but am not getting an invitation mail?

Icebear

Double check your spam folder, if you still can't find anything private me your email address and I'll invite you.
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:45:06 AM

what is wrong with the Gulden Physical Coin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: