Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulden - Closed  (Read 133241 times)
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:38:56 PM

If this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1445961.msg14622168#msg14622168 somehow is connected with Gulden and Nocks
than this is huge.
I wil buy more coins Cheesy

You can spend your Gulden using the Android or iOS wallet of Gulden at any Bitcoin-accepting merchant, including Steam when they decide to add Bitcoin at their checkout.

Do you have a marketing strategy in place to let people know of all the services you offer? Lots of wasted potential if you don't bring your services to a larger audience.
Is any merchants using your Nocks payment system?

Yep, Nocks Checkout is being tested at two of the existing physical Gulden merchants. I will dedicate the rest of this month to talk to the rest of the existing physical Gulden merchants to drop Litepaid and use Nocks Checkout instead.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:41:00 PM

If this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1445961.msg14622168#msg14622168 somehow is connected with Gulden and Nocks
than this is huge.

You can spend your Gulden using the Android or iOS wallet of Gulden at any Bitcoin-accepting merchant, including Steam when they decide to add Bitcoin at their checkout.

Do you have a marketing strategy in place to let people know of all the services you offer? Lots of wasted potential if you don't bring your services to a larger audience.

Killer app Buerra !

Gulden use Street marketing. People talk about it and some come to learn more, I don't think there is money for marketing but in the future who knows.
Dusterious

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:45:54 PM

Gulden is amazing  Shocked Reading back is a real eye-opener. Great potential, lots of tools and zero marketing.

Will add this one to my portfolio of killer investments. I go ALL IN!
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:47:32 PM

than this is huge.

Yep, Nocks Checkout is being tested at two of the existing physical Gulden merchants. I will dedicate the rest of this month to talk to the rest of the existing physical Gulden merchants to drop Litepaid and use Nocks Checkout instead.

I like to hear news like this, with your next update in a few months will your team be in a position to market this services you have?

You only seem to look as far as your toes, what makes you think the marketing ends here, on this forum?
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Congrats to the Nocks team on another great release!
Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:59:33 PM

than this is huge.

I like to hear news like this, with your next update in a few months will your team be in a position to market this services you have?

You only seem to look as far as your toes, what makes you think the 'market' ends here?

Would like to mention the other country coin called AUR. They don't have what Gulden has in development or products and main reason the price is high is because of marketing.

AUR $2.7 million
Gulden 641 thousand

Gulden in comparison with Marketing would be $10 million, I am making it known that Gulden is not in the millions where it should be because of one missing part.

Before you can go out and do marketing stuff you must be sure all your tools are lined up. What happens when 1000's of people want to use something which doesnt function? You only have one chance, better to good or dont even try. This is the reason other good mentioned initiatives just die over time.

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
Buerra
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:02:02 PM

Would like to mention the other country coin called AUR. They don't have what Gulden has in development or products and main reason the price is high is because of marketing.

AUR $2.7 million
Gulden 641 thousand

Gulden in comparison with Marketing would be $10 million, I am making it known that Gulden is not in the millions where it should be because of one missing part.

If you think that's due to marketing, you're sadly mistaken though. And you're completely focussed on price instead of the true end-goal, which is your prerogative,  of course, I just don't agree with you.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:38:18 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 10:46:21 PM by veertje

Great! I'll try to warm up merchants from now on in the neighbourhood with this, where i want to pay with Gulden! Fun to do, i think!

Edit: Tested it: extremely fast payments (in an instant!)  Cool

danijel

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:54:02 PM

than this is huge.

Yes I know and I spend my coins.
 Smiley
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:20:50 PM

Let the truth about those who constantly FUD gulden be known.

Very depressing to the levels people will go too to get people to dump for future profits. You Danslip have no shame.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:19:19 AM

For people new here:

I heard this is a great project, what is so great about it? People are telling the devs are very good and stuff...

Much real good and innovative development going on here for the users as well for the merchants to make it real userfriendly and really usefull to pay with. Next project Prime is already funded: Best possible security for merchants: zero-block transactions + no double spends possible. Transactions now with the apps are already in an instant by the way via Nocks paymentprovider.

For the users:

Try the apps, you can pay bitcoin QR-codes and Gulden QR-codes in 1 app to pay at thousands of online and offline bitcoinstores and Guldenstores ofcourse userfriendly with Gulden:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gulden.wallet         https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gulden/id1069716232?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8

Also have a look at the timeline https://timeline.gulden.com/ and quote below Wink

==============================================================================================================
For the merchants:

We’ve all been waiting for a merchant solution that companies can use quickly, easily and without any hassle. That day has come with this first version of Nocks Checkout. Easy to setup, easy to use and lightning fast acceptance of your hero’s hero favorite currency.

We present to you, checkout.nocks.co
Watch this video to get you or your favorite company started: https://youtu.be/mubVtoMwqhM

Go to https://checkout.nocks.co on your smartphone, iPod, tablet or touchscreen register and hook yourself up within 60 seconds!

Edit: Tested it: fast setup and extremely fast payments recieved (in an instant!)  Cool
WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:06:15 AM

Did my third purchase with the Android wallet this morning. Faster and less hassle then using a credit/debit card. Smiley

For people new here:

I heard this is a great project, what is so great about it? People are telling the devs are very good and stuff...

Much real good and innovative development going on here for the users as well for the merchants to make it real userfriendly and really usefull to pay with. Next project Prime is already funded: Best possible security for merchants: zero-block transactions + no double spends possible. Transactions now with the apps are already in an instant by the way via Nocks paymentprovider.

For the users:

Try the apps, you can pay bitcoin QR-codes and Gulden QR-codes in 1 app to pay at thousands of online and offline bitcoinstores and Guldenstores ofcourse userfriendly with Gulden:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gulden.wallet         https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gulden/id1069716232?l=nl&ls=1&mt=8

Also have a look at the timeline https://timeline.gulden.com/ and quote below Wink

==============================================================================================================
For the merchants:

We’ve all been waiting for a merchant solution that companies can use quickly, easily and without any hassle. That day has come with this first version of Nocks Checkout. Easy to setup, easy to use and lightning fast acceptance of your hero’s hero favorite currency.

We present to you, checkout.nocks.co
Watch this video to get you or your favorite company started: https://youtu.be/mubVtoMwqhM

Go to https://checkout.nocks.co on your smartphone, iPod, tablet or touchscreen register and hook yourself up within 60 seconds!

Edit: Tested it: fast setup and extremely fast payments recieved (in an instant!)  Cool

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:20:30 PM

Please take your talk about other coins somewhere else, this forum has a private message feature where you could discuss this with each other perhaps, or on the thread of the other coin but here is not the right place.

+1

People will also miss important announcements with all the scam peddlers posting here. Keep it civil and don't bring down the name of gulden by going to their level.

The digital currency world is upside down. Coins that hype and never deliver do better then coins that don't hype and always deliver. Gulden is the best example of this.
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:58:25 PM

Please take your talk about other coins somewhere else, this forum has a private message feature where you could discuss this with each other perhaps, or on the thread of the other coin but here is not the right place.

+1

People will also miss important announcements with all the scam peddlers posting here. Keep it civil and don't bring down the name of gulden by going to their level.

The digital currency world is upside down. Coins that hype and never deliver do better then coins that don't hype and always deliver. Gulden is the best example of this.

Don't worry, that is just a temporary effect, because those many hype coins & those coins with lack continue developments will soon died....I seen this happening many time before, it will happen again. Sadly it just a matter of time before they all died.

That why i will stick with GULDEN, because GULDEN is here to stay  Smiley
Wish i found GULDEN earlier when the price was cheap, lol

Zonefan

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:11:17 PM

+1

Don't worry, that is just a temporary effect, because those many hype coins & those coins with lack continue developments will soon died....I seen this happening many time before, it will happen again. Sadly it just a matter of time before they all died.

That why i will stick with GULDEN, because GULDEN is here to stay  Smiley

The lack of marketing is working in all our favors because when the marketing and hype comes we won't see these prices again. NOMNOMNOMNOM eating cheap unmarketed Gulden. Give me more!!
Svener

Activity: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 05:44:32 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 06:58:01 PM by Svener

+1

That why i will stick with GULDEN, because GULDEN is here to stay  Smiley

The lack of marketing is working in all our favors because when the marketing and hype comes we won't see these prices again. NOMNOMNOMNOM eating cheap unmarketed Gulden. Give me more!!

I placed my bid at 480, you will have eat a little higher.  Wink

Everyone feel free to dump out I am taking the coins off the exchange for spending when I visit the Netherlands, btc price going to go much higher so you will make a profit on the nlg you sell.

AndreasK

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:14:57 PM

Must I make a backup of my Android wallet every time my receive address change ? I have written down my passphrase and put in a safe place . I have tested a restore from phrase and backup and both worked with my balance showing. Will a once off backup know of future receive change address?

Very happy with new wallet and feel confident with leaving my coins on it, if you can confirm the above for physical backup.
MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:17:18 PM

Must I make a backup of my Android wallet every time my receive address change ? I have written down my passphrase and put in a safe place . I have tested a restore from phrase and backup and both worked with my balance showing. Will a once off backup know of future receive change address?

Very happy with new wallet and feel confident with leaving my coins on it, if you can confirm the above for physical backup.

No unlike the desktop wallet both our mobile wallets are HD (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet) this means that just a single backup (or just the recovery phrase) will always be sufficient to keep your money safe, the wallet is able to regenerate/recalculate all used addresses from an old backup even if you have generated millions of them since the backup was made. That said in such an instance you will still lose other transaction history information (like labels and whatnot) if you recover from an old backup, so there are still benefits to frequent backups - but is not as important as the desktop wallet.

What is very important is that you keep the recovery phrase and/or a single backup copy somewhere safe so that you can always recover and keep in mind that if the recovery phrase is stolen/compromised it can be used to steal your balance (so its important you keep it in a safe way - the wallet backups are encrypted with a password of your choice to help facilitate this)

With the desktop wallet (and this applies for pretty much all coins) backups are good for (roughly) 100 new addresses - so you also don't need to backup after absolutely every transaction but it is good practice to do so regularly. If more than 100 addresses are allocated since last backup then you can lose money when restoring from the old backup - we will likely do something to make this process more friendly/safer in a future release.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

No unlike the desktop wallet both our mobile wallets are HD (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Deterministic_wallet) this means that just a single backup (or just the recovery phrase) will always be sufficient to keep your money safe, the wallet is able to regenerate/recalculate all used addresses from an old backup even if you have generated millions of them since the backup was made. That said in such an instance you will still lose other transaction history information (like labels and whatnot) if you recover from an old backup, so there are still benefits to frequent backups - but is not as important as the desktop wallet.

What is very important is that you keep the recovery phrase and/or a single backup copy somewhere safe so that you can always recover and keep in mind that if the recovery phrase is stolen/compromised it can be used to steal your balance (so its important you keep it in a safe way - the wallet backups are encrypted with a password of your choice to help facilitate this)

With the desktop wallet (and this applies for pretty much all coins) backups are good for (roughly) 100 new addresses - so you also don't need to backup after absolutely every transaction but it is good practice to do so regularly. If more than 100 addresses are allocated since last backup then you can lose money when restoring from the old backup - we will likely do something to make this process more friendly/safer in a future release.

Speaking of Android wallets, MaNI did a quick video of a purchase he made at South Africas largest online retailer that accepts bitcoin,  this was without using the QR scanner so he could capture everything on the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSLaIz7JR8

Glad you like the Android wallet AndreasK , let us know if you have anymore questions.

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:01:46 PM

Short pump at Yobit.

Went to 10k for a second.

Too bad I had no high sell orders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: