Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gulden - Closed  (Read 133241 times)
Litesire

Activity: 458
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:08:03 PM

Let me know if it free coins and I will sign up, Will slack have a tipbot?

Free coins? The team is dirt poor , they not going to give anything for free. They have skills but no money.

Premine will be used up early 2019 if they continue to spend 7 million coins every 2 months. Waiting for March and April numbers to be added to confirm the trend.

MaNI

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:37:47 PM

Premine will be used up early 2019 if they continue to spend 7 million coins every 2 months. Waiting for March and April numbers to be added to confirm the trend.

Even assuming the above were true - that is that things might carry on exactly the same for over three years, longer than the coin has even existed this far (and this is quite an assumption as e.g. if the price were to triple logic dictates that the premine would then last longer for instance...) - this would put the coin at over 5 years old and well into maturity and at the current pace of development very well developed, it would be long enough for the coin to truly outshine a field of otherwise uninspiring and scam competitors, and it would certainly be long enough for such a coin to attract further outside attention and investment. So even if it were true it is in my opinion not as major an issue as some would believe.

That said I don't think it is actually true as in even a year from now things are likely to have changed drastically - it is simplistic and wrong to try and predict the future behaviour in this way.
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:52:10 PM

?

The premine has always been accounted for on every single spend, per https://developer.gulden.com/premine/.
Would you be so kind to enlighten, regarding 7 million coins every 2 month?
Litesire

Activity: 458

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:04:00 AM

?

The premine has always been accounted for on every single spend, per https://developer.gulden.com/premine/.

I am not questioning the premine usage, I am trying to determine the velocity in which the premine is being spent compared to previous years. 7 million was spent in Jan and Feb this year and my theory about the premine is that it will be spent faster this year then in 2014 and 2015. It also helps explain the price pressure on bittrex, more supply with the same amount of users will naturally equate to a lower price.

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 04:53:15 AM

?

I am not questioning the premine usage, I am trying to determine the velocity in which the premine is being spent compared to previous years. 7 million was spent in Jan and Feb this year and my theory about the premine is that it will be spent faster this year then in 2014 and 2015. It also helps explain the price pressure on bittrex, more supply with the same amount of users will naturally equate to a lower price.

You can clearly see the premine was majority spent on Prime funding for the first two months. The Gulden went to the community that invested in the project. Everyone was able to contribute.

March and April will be under 2 million each because there was no crowd funding and lets say 2019 it does dry up, if Gulden hasn't secured any major investment then it has failed and the project will fall apart because the monthly payments will need to come from the team and community.

With the above being said this team has always delivered and I am confident they have plans to make Gulden a widespread success. It already is the 2nd most usable coin in crypto.
nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:10:40 AM

It already is the 2nd most usable coin in crypto.

Let me disagree on this... It is the 1st most usable coin in crypto since BTC cannot be used in places where only NLG is accepted.  Cool

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
GeorgeAurea

Activity: 332

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 10:28:45 AM

?

Well, a shrinking premine is a good thing in my opinion. Though I highly doubt it is accountable for the price pressure. Like Bluestreet already noted, a vast majority of the spends in the first 2 months were due to the funding of project Prime, which ended up to those whom invested in the project. To my knowledge, nearly all of those investors are long term holders.

From the moment I joined Gulden about a year ago, I have always seen the price under pressure. Though, I have also seen it climb steadily from a +/- 300 sat towards a 400/450+, including a block reward reduction in between of -90% (going from 1.000 to 100). So in my opinion, Gulden is doing pretty good  Grin

The price pressure, is far more likely coming from (profit switching) pools and/or unknown identities (http://www.nlgstats.nl/). The addresses yielding, are not traced back in the rich list; so, likely, at least a good deal of those yielded NLG's, are being (insta)dumped on the markets, which could also perfectly explain any price pressures  Wink
OV0117

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 11:17:22 AM

?

Well, a shrinking premine is a good thing in my opinion. Though I highly doubt it is accountable for the price pressure. Like Bluestreet already noted, a vast majority of the spends in the first 2 months were due to the funding of project Prime, which ended up to those whom invested in the project. To my knowledge, nearly all of those investors are long term holders.

From the moment I joined Gulden about a year ago, I have always seen the price under pressure. Though, I have also seen it climb steadily from a +/- 300 sat towards a 400/450+, including a block reward reduction in between of -90% (going from 1.000 to 100). So in my opinion, Gulden is doing pretty good  Grin

The price pressure, is far more likely coming from (profit switching) pools and/or unknown identities (http://www.nlgstats.nl/). The addresses yielding, are not traced back in the rich list; so, likely, at least a good deal of those yielded NLG's, are being (insta)dumped on the markets, which could also perfectly explain any price pressures  Wink

I have researched into other alt coins since I purchased Gulden but nothing comes close to the value Gulden offers. Most of the other good ones are already in the millions in marketcap but they don't offer the usability Gulden has. Some of them do a lot of marketing which might explain their high prices.

These prices for Gulden are great for long term investors and users, I want lower prices to buy more coins on the cheap.
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:34:34 PM

Is any of the premine allocation going towards marketing? I would buy 5 btc worth for marketing at exchange rates.

5 btc on marketing and not towards innovative development ? Don't you get it, most of these coins have to market bullshit because they have nothing else. Dash doesn't do active marketing because they have a developer that brings out innovative features and that markets itself. Read between the lines of MaNI's latest posts, he is heading towards innovative development with Prime.

WaterLooDown
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:48:26 AM

Article about the new Gulden Android wallet posted on droidapp.nl

https://developer.gulden.com/blog/ - For the latest Gulden development updates
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 07:07:46 AM

Also a reminder about the Nocks team announcement on the Gulden slack, we have 127 users on slack so please come join in the fun for Fridays announcement.

Goldentax

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:07:40 AM

Can the Gulden wallet fix on yobit?
WaterLooDown
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 11:24:48 AM

Can the Gulden wallet fix on yobit?

Hey Goldentax,

This is a Yobit issue, I believe they put the wallet into maintenance mode during the wild trading that took place last week.

I would email them and find out what is going on, if they are having errors then let us know.

Goldentax

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:04:36 PM

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_NLG/
MaNI

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:16:09 PM

Note that as always we recommend people treat smaller exchanges with extreme caution, as our largest exchange where almost all of our volume takes place Bittrex is the safest choice. In general do not leave money that you can't afford to lose on exchanges for long periods of time as you never know what might happen.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:42:33 AM

Note that as always we recommend people treat smaller exchanges with extreme caution, as our largest exchange where almost all of our volume takes place Bittrex is the safest choice. In general do not leave money that you can't afford to lose on exchanges for long periods of time as you never know what might happen.

This is good advise, I was caught when first starting to invest in alt coins.
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:08:42 PM

We should most likely treat ALL exchanges with extreme caution considering the Cryptsy meltdown. They were one of the biggest...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
MaNI

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:31:36 PM

We should most likely treat ALL exchanges with extreme caution considering the Cryptsy meltdown. They were one of the biggest...

Certainly, all exchanges should of course be treated with caution, though the smaller ones even more so.
Goldentax

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:02:48 AM

Please withdraw your coins from Novaexchange.

The exchange has been attacked and caused some trades in certain markets - to be honest - has messed up balances in a few accounts.

Please withdraw your coins from the exchange - right away. And do not send any coins here! Any deposits will be rejected!

Dont forget to click the verification link inside your e-mail in order to activate the withdrawal.
mainpmf2

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 12:15:19 PM

Post the Article photo with the hyperlink instead of only the link Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: