May 02, 2024, 12:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Ethereum a bubble?
Yes - 189 (39.3%)
No - 292 (60.7%)
Total Voters: 481

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a bubble?  (Read 27471 times)
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 04:11:10 PM

I disagree about ETH is a bubble opinion. Its price isnt volatile as any altcoins or even bth.
I also think this steady price ETH can be used as payment option due to less inflation in this

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LightFork

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

At the moment, the ETH is one of the few real currencies. ETH is used precisely as a money, and not as an investment in a bubble.

ArgentBit

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 05:54:53 PM

Etherium to 1,000 at a minimum.  Once these ICO are up and running it's will move up.  It also has the network effect in its corner.  Not saying there won't be another protocol that will emerge, but it will be tough.
Gangy

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:04:14 PM

It seems our friends were not that visionary at all. Ethereum was and will never be a bubble. It’s a special coin that will keep on gaining value because it’s in every corner of crypto world.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:51:08 PM

Ethereum is not a bubble because this is altcoin that has a very good development strategy and without Ethereum, we probably will not know ICO and know about other projects. For me Ethereum is a good investment and will definitely be profitable if people keep ETH
I share the same point of view, Ether have earned its own market demand and that would be its springboard every time it finds itself down. Apparently the Chinese  who were pushing it forward have now found new love in Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin gold and B2X and so we might no longer be seeing those momentum we used to see, but it would stay down for long
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

With so many ICO projects launched on ETH platofrom and many more to come, it
still have lots of room to grow. Far from a bubble currently.
LightFork

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:48:59 AM

With so many ICO projects launched on ETH platofrom and many more to come, it
still have lots of room to grow. Far from a bubble currently.
I do not know the statistics, but personally I spend a large part of my payments in the cryptoworld not in the BTC  but in the ETH.
ETH has useful properties and many people use it.

jieroz

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:00:22 AM

i have a plan to invest in ETH for the next 5 years, still doing the research thing though to convince me more.
prabakharras

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:12:12 AM

ETH price hardly ever move in the past 90 days compared to other coins and bitcoin
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/usd

Price movement is too boring for an innovative hype coin; which tells us something?

ninobtcx

Activity: 418
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:18:53 AM

I'm surprised by how many YES there are.. 150 vs 115 NOs.
How can Ethereum be in a bubble where it is one of the few coins which has an actual use and kick ass developer who really delivers and massive community??
Compare it with other coins which experienced the same growth and did way less than Ethereum, then we can talk!
I love bitcoin and I prefer it to ethereum ok, but ethereum is a very close second favourite and at the current price of around 300 bucks this doesn't really look like a bubble.
EMS-007

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:52:06 PM

This thread started by OP a year ago and i so i don't any sign of ETH bubbles nowadays! Smiley
Turkiwi

Activity: 117

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:16:47 PM

It's no more than a bubble than BTC, if anything it's much less likely that ETH is a buble. Reason:

BTC is focused on one and only one thing: the transfer of value. It's just an asset which anyone can buy and sell and send to anyone else, that's it. There is nothing more and nothing less to BTC.

ETH from the other side has so many applications. You can literally program anything you want with Solidity and create your own conditions (which don't have to be monetary) to take advantage of the blockchain. Additionally, ETH has already many projects based on it's technology, in comparison to BTC and that's a big thing. It means that people have realized the potential of the technology and it's fully utilized by using Ethereum and not Bitcoin!
shafi alam

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:23:03 PM

itits 2017 when i see your post .
 i didn't know price of ethereum in 2016.
 maybe yes ,ethereum is dubble .
 now price of ethereum is around 300 us doller.
TheOmnipotentPilot

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:20:17 PM

See a vote on this one  Grin

$26bn is a lot of money IMO, especially thinking only important thing that runs on ethereum is ICOs. Nothing else..
Serg22

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:48:29 PM

Based on Ethereum creates a lot of projects, so it is appealing to many investors. I don't think it's a bubble.
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:34:51 PM

I think the ethereum is not a bubble and it has never been in the past like that. Ethereum is one of the strongest coins in the cryptocurrency world, and I think its popularity is rising day by day.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:37:21 PM

See a vote on this one  Grin

$26bn is a lot of money IMO, especially thinking only important thing that runs on ethereum is ICOs. Nothing else..
Seems like you're vastly underestimating the potential of "just running ICOs" on Ethereum. Do you have any idea how expensive it is to invest in the stock market right now? Or how difficult it is to invest into startups? It's impossible for most people today, and the blockchain (not just Ethereum) actually makes it possible for common people to invest in companies and startups that they like.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

Yeah, but you ride wide the waves and keep stop loss like your best friend and no bubble can reach you.
The problem is that no one can know when that is going to happen, remember bubbles do not burst slowly most of the time it happens quickly and that is why most people are surprised when it happens, you just need to look at any historical bubble to confirm that is the way things happen.
I don't think to identify a broken bubble is too difficult, you can see the price of Bitcoin since 2013 until 2015, this is an example to know the bubble of Bitcoin was broken. It will happen fastly at first dump and decrease every day. The growth bubble of the altcoin market in this year was also broken when the price of Bitcoin increases.
Knowing when a bubble burst is very easy after the fact, you only need to look for a dramatic decrease in price that happens relatively quickly but to know when the bubble is going to burst is not easy, many were warning about the real estate bubble in the US but they expected to happen a lot sooner they did not knew it was going to happen when it did.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

First they called bitcoin bubble,now time turned for ethereum.. Ethereum has potential to grow its blockchain and current price is undervalued compared to its potential. Imo ethereum will be main blockchain for future icos again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 06:26:54 PM

Yeah, but you ride wide the waves and keep stop loss like your best friend and no bubble can reach you.
The problem is that no one can know when that is going to happen, remember bubbles do not burst slowly most of the time it happens quickly and that is why most people are surprised when it happens, you just need to look at any historical bubble to confirm that is the way things happen.
I don't think to identify a broken bubble is too difficult, you can see the price of Bitcoin since 2013 until 2015, this is an example to know the bubble of Bitcoin was broken. It will happen fastly at first dump and decrease every day. The growth bubble of the altcoin market in this year was also broken when the price of Bitcoin increases.
Knowing when a bubble burst is very easy after the fact, you only need to look for a dramatic decrease in price that happens relatively quickly but to know when the bubble is going to burst is not easy, many were warning about the real estate bubble in the US but they expected to happen a lot sooner they did not knew it was going to happen when it did.
You can't really compare the real estate bubble with Bitcoin though. A lot of cryptos will definitely burst, because they claim to create value even though they do not. Bitcoin however, is in a very unique position. So it might very well keep going for a very long time. It's more of a technology, like Google, which could allow it to climb for several more years depending on the speed of adoption.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: