Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:01:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073046 times)
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:56:14 PM

On my side, I contacted OKCoin and this is what they had to say:

"We are always on the lookout for new coins. However, adding a new coin is not to be taken lightly. As we are a large exchange, adding a new coin typically causes fluctuations in the coin price. We need to consider every coin carefully. And thank you for your attention"
you're going to high asking to kraken and okcoin, it's something that needs time

Yup, the coin will need huge marketcap because at OKcoin, they got people who trade a few thousand BTC at a time.

Doesn't hurt to ask! Smiley

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
lisker

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 07:59:18 PM

Exactly! The goal is also to spread awareness and I think reaching the chinese exchanges would be a tremendous step forward.   

www.lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:59:49 PM

"We are always on the lookout for new coins. However, adding a new coin is not to be taken lightly. As we are a large exchange, adding a new coin typically causes fluctuations in the coin price. We need to consider every coin carefully. And thank you for your attention"
you're going to high asking to kraken and okcoin, it's something that needs time

Yup, the coin will need huge marketcap because at OKcoin, they got people who trade a few thousand BTC at a time.

Best to start would be Poloniex, at least soon after launch. And I believe the chances are good. Lisk got some attention and the combination of the huge ICO and Azure should be enough to get listed on Polo soon.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:00:57 PM

Best to start would be Poloniex, at least soon after launch. And I believe the chances are good. Lisk got some attention and the combination of the huge ICO and Azure should be enough to get listed on Polo soon.
poloniex usually wait a couple of months before add a coin, for a normal coin, with lisk it could even wait a little bit less

I know why your pray will never be answered!
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:03:18 PM

poloniex usually wait a couple of months before add a coin, for a normal coin, with lisk it could even wait a little bit less

They don't wait every time. Ethereum launched on Polo if I remember it right. Factom definitely launched on Polo.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:03:48 PM

They don't wait every time. Ethereum launched on Polo if I remember it right. Factom definitely launched on Polo.

Let's go ahead... OKCoin, Kraken and Bitfinex at the launch  Cheesy

That's the web, everything is possible

Poloniex for sure
Kevinrasf

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:05:14 PM

Yes usually like:

Instant:
CCEX BTER then BITTREX then POLO and after that we need to go big for the real end game exchanges e.g. Kraken OKCoin.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:05:55 PM

Let's go ahead... OKCoin, Kraken and Bitfinex at the launch  Cheesy

That's the web, everything is possible

Poloniex for sure

Why limit it to Crypto-Exchanges? NASDAQ! Somebody already asked? Cheesy
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:11:04 PM

in fact I've said normal coin, lisk will be added shortly on polo too, if they see the potential like ETH volume, they surely will add lisk.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Kevinrasf

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:11:16 PM

Yes usually like:

Instant:
CCEX BTER then BITTREX then POLO and after that we need to go big for the real end game exchanges e.g. Kraken OKCoin.

IMO I feel that since Crypti is already on POLO, they might consider Lisk as based on the same coin and stable enough to be on their exchange at release.  I'm glad they don't add every crappy coin but they should see the potential for adding this coin early.

That is true though, but I think they will wait a couple of days to see if the wallet works properly.

If I remember correctly the Crypti wallet had some major meltdowns.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
geotom

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:12:39 PM

so over 7mil was raised in the ico..   which a portion will be used to fund development of lisk.
may i suggest the devs hedge its value incase of bitcoin catastophy.

possibly something like this would be good idea.

50% vautoro gold
50% slit up over USDT, ETH, BTC.

just a thought..  as wouldnt want a btc crash, to also crash development of lisk.

Fuck no! Gold, USDT, ETH are way too volatile to invest our hard earned BTC in !

I suggest they convert 25% of the 7M to USD right now to get the ball rolling with new staff payroll & and keep 75% in BTC, only because BTC is supposed to rise this summer with halving.

ETH for investment, Silver for Long term investment, Gold for hedge. Drip BTC to USD or convert amounts where needed for fiat expenses. Payroll in BTC where possible. Avoid holding a lot of fiat where possible. ETH investment pays dividends twice - once with inevitable rise in price, second as I have feeling positive ETH market sentiment will have positive effect on LSK trading.

Your investment vision is pretty much mine portfolio.

I have silver, gold, BTC, ETH, MAID and of course (pre)LISK. A little amount of fiat notes too.

I think it's a great diversification for this scrambled times!

TRH

Too true, crazy but fun times ahead I think (with the right capital in the right places)! You seem like an eminantly sensible person - if you need another vote for delegation give me a yell/pm!
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:15:41 PM

Really good ICO , awaiting only the release of the official wallet & some exchanges.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:39:24 PM

so what do you guys do now with 14,009 btc?

buying a new mainson in italy? or a new mega yacht?

Mansion, probably. xD

To be a wee bit serious for a moment...

How about a cheap house, preferably a fixer-upper, in a cheap-land town that also has high-speed Internet? Not as a living house, but as an experimental house: a showcase house, equipped with IoT dongles connected together via LISK and programmed with DAPPs that would save electricity, heating, etc. In other words, a LISK-enabled Smart House that showcases with LISK IoT DAPPs can do for the house owner?

I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find a house of this sort: a fixer-upper but ready-to-go with high-speed Internet, for less than $100,000 US or US-equivalent. A fixer upper has two advantages: a) it's cheaper; b) the house would have to be "fixed up" anyway to make it IoT ready. (b) implies the more moldy the walls the better. Smiley

A use case is worth a thousand exhortations...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

TravelsAsia

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:40:25 PM

https://blog.lisk.io/the-lisk-ico-has-now-ended-with-a-total-of-14-009-btc-and-80-million-xcr-exchanged-93d6ce84d8fb

We need to get this pushed out to all the crypto news sites.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:42:48 PM

The Lisk Team is Expanding - Introducing Joel Fernández as the Lisk Community Manager!

Now that the crowd-fund is over we can concentrate on hiring a great team with valuable skills. The first one who will enrich the Lisk team is Joel Fernández. As of now he is the official Lisk Community Manager and will act as the bridge between the community and the Lisk core team.

Read the full blog post about Joel's tasks at Lisk now!

PS: Joel is "Bigcabrito" here on Bitcointalk.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 08:43:32 PM

And now that I got someone on the line Smiley , is there any chance of throwing up a primitive block explorer that does only two things: shows the LISK balance for an inputted LISK account, and shows the LISK balance for an inputted LISK public key? Thanks.

You can get the balance of an account with this api call:
/api/accounts/getBalance?address=address

Thanks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

iambitcoin5

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:52:53 PM

The Lisk Team is Expanding - Introducing Joel Fernández as the Lisk Community Manager!

Now that the crowd-fund is over we can concentrate on hiring a great team with valuable skills. The first one who will enrich the Lisk team is Joel Fernández. As of now he is the official Lisk Community Manager and will act as the bridge between the community and the Lisk core team.

Awesome! The team is already expanding.  Smiley

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:54:32 PM

Yes usually like:

Instant:

I agree with this, Bittrex will bring a lot of volume as well.  I think Bittrex and Poloniex should be priority, along with CCEX.
Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:00:41 PM

Thank you Max and Oliver for being such hard workers and putting the time needed to make this ICO a success. They have set the stepping stones for what will be the next frontier on the Internet of Things.  I am extremely excited in having the opportunity to make Lisk a top crypto-currency platform. My commitment to the community will be second to none, I will be listening to the community, answering support requests, building guides, keep track of social sites and blogging to increase media coverage.

Effective today, I am relieving Max and Oliver from community tasks so that they may concentrate on more important matters such as building the team, research towards improving the Lisk platform, future development plans and effective fund management among others. They have done a splendid job tackling the different parts of this immense project. Be assured that Max and Oliver will still be around to answer the technical questions I cannot answer. Fortunately, many of the concerns that the community has are the same I have had in the past. I will work tireless to address these concerns and continue to grow together.

Lisk is a great project with an excellent vision, hardworking people and proper funding and could heavily compete in the crypto-currency space. We are in the top #20 crowdfunded projects of all time! That says something about the confidence the community has in the project.

What does this mean for Lisk? Well, as you know, Lisk will expand throughout the end of the month and the beginning of April. If you have any questions or concerns you may now officially PM me through here, or you can join the lisk.chat.

I will do my best to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. Thank you again, and let's get ready for 2016, Lisk has arrived.

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 09:02:49 PM

I was originally waiting until the Lisk launch to announce my delegate plans, but given the recent amount of discussion, I will do a pre-announcement now.

I will be seeking to run 3 delegates, all of which feature different forms of profit sharing with the voters.

• A profit sharing delegate which makes payments of earned Lisk directly to votors
  • A dapp seed funding delegate in which voters receive shares in a fund which owns shares or tokens of the dapps it funds
  • A funding delegate for a dapp which is of such immense scale that it merits its own delegate, which also awards shares to its voters

The initial percentage I will keep will be the equivalent of 50% of one delegate, divided by the number of delegates voted into the top 101. If one of the three is voted into the top 101, my percentage is 50%, if two are voted in, my percentage is 25% of each, and for all three voted in the percentage will be 16.7% each.

As the value of Lisk changes in value denominated in gold, the percentage I retain will be adjusted, but never exceed the rates above. Any changes in the delegate reward structure from Lisk will also be factored into any rate changes.

The rate changes based on the change in value in Lisk will be adjusted so that when the value of the earnings quadruples, the percentage I retain will be cut in half. This way, the increases in earnings will be divided evenly between the voters and myself.

In the interim period until the voter profit sharing dapp (https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27) or other software is availalbe, in the case of direct sharing of Lisk, I will hold the earnings in the delegate Lisk account for an initial distribution to voters based on their voting records stored on the Lisk Blockchain up to the time of the initial distribution. Succeeding distributions will be made on a regular cycle, most likely once every full forging round of the 101 Lisk Delegates.

I am keeping the names of the delegates quiet for now to try to avoid any would be name squatters from trying to register them first as delegates. Others planning to run delegates may want to consider this precaution as well.

I will also be offering services to set up and manage delegates for others. While the number of delegates is limited, setting up dapp clusters for the many different dapps which can be expected is a much larger potential market which will require a similar skill set.

Please keep me in mind for your votes, and I will reciprocate as well. Thanks.

Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: