Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073046 times)
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:18:35 PM

Status Update - Including BTER Statement

These past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride, with Lisk rapidly growing and collecting over 5.7M USD while being the 2nd most successful crypto-crurency crowdfunded project. Smiley

Here's an update on where we stand:

https://blog.lisk.io/status-update-our-next-steps-71ac5521d4b6#.zoqwon6l8
good call with bter situation, very pro approach. wish you guys flawless launch and good luck!  Cool

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:19:45 PM

Posted my application as delegate on the lisk forum!
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:29:07 PM

How to Generate your Lisk ICO Passphrase

Everyone who didn't generate the passphrase yet should take a good look at our new guides!

- Video Guide
- Written Guide
- Image Guide

Please generate your passphrases as soon as possible!

Some people may have made an error in copying their passphrases, they may have skipped the first or last word or letter.

Will there be a way or a tool to validate the saved passphrases before launch?
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:29:56 PM

Everyone who didn't generate the passphrase yet should take a good look at our new guides!

- Video Guide
- Written Guide
- Image Guide

Some people may have made an error in copying their passphrases, they may skipped the first or last word or letter.

The video describes a method everyone can use now. But Olivier is working on a validator. It will be released soon. Smiley

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:31:46 PM

- Video Guide
- Written Guide
- Image Guide

Its very usefull, thanks. Many people don't do this for the moment
TheRedHawk

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:37:23 PM

Hi again lisk mates!!

Please read carefully my statement, this is very important for all of you!!  Wink

As far you know, I'm running for being delegate.

A few days have passed, and now I exactly know what I can share with the community if I've finally got one delegate node.

Since I have a main money income source regardless Lisk, I've decided to share with the community ALL the delegate wealth in two different ways:

- Firstly, a direct way, consisting on the dispense of 30% of generated Lisk between the 15 major voters to my node. The distribution will be proportional to the % of vote.

- Secondly, an indirect way, and the most important one: since I'm not a coder (I'm indsutrial design engineer indeed) but I have great ideas and a good contacts, I was speaking to my best friend and two guys more (all of them JS coders, good and energic ones) about Lisk and its future goals. I know we can make something great in the near future, so, I'm going to encourage and reward them with the another 60% lisk delegate funds.

And now, How can this does help the lisk community?? If we be able to develop a great dapp for Lisk, we will atract new users, and new investments will reach us. Our lisk savings will worth more, and of course, you could enjoy the dapp too!  Cheesy

So, this is my point, if you like it, I'll be very thankful with your vote.

Furthemore, I was talking to my friend, and finally, If I have the delegate node, I'll be running it on an high reliable VPN spanish based service with the help of him.

See you around guys!

TRH
grajson

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:43:22 PM

I would like to introduce my candidature for an ACTIVE Delegate  Grin

Let me say couple of words about myself to make a better understanding of how I could help Lisk to become great.

I'v been here since 2013 and remember the times when Bitcoin was worth like 30$. I'v been doing a lots of daytrading since then, keeping an eye what is happening in the community, also participated in ethereum ICO.  Now I have a big feeling that Lisk may even overcome ETH pretty quick if well developed thanks its simplicity.

Firstly I want to agree with anyone who thinks that sharing their forging income with people who voted for you is not the way to go.  I'm  pretty  sure that buying the votes to stay in top 101 in many cases gonna cause laziness in delegates.  Although they may keep the node secured, updated and active most of the time, in my opinion that's only a part of the job what ACTIVE Delegate should do..

I would see delegates more like an Ambassadors who gonna actively promote Lisk among JS developers and later even among the potential users of dapps.  

Here is what I'm going to do as an ACTIVE delagete:

Build an informational Lisk website in Polish (I'm from Poland) where I will be posting all important updates, manuals, info about new dapps ect.
Get in touch with polish JS dev community, by posting on coding boards, constantly informing tech/pc sites about hot news from lisk.
Run  facebook, twiitter  and adwords campaigns to increase Lisk awareness and attract more people to involve into the project.

The time will show what else I can do.. At the moment I m not a coder, can't develop dapps by myself but I'm definitely skilled marketer. Lisk probably need  both of them as Delegates.

And finally my intention is to spend 40-50% of my forging reward on the promotion i mentioned above, including advertising campaigns, contests and bounties for devs , running a website ect. I believe that every penny spend on smart campaign will pay off.  When Lisk will be mainstream I would be happy even with 20%  Cheesy

Samuray

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:10:04 PM

I would like to introduce my candidature for an ACTIVE Delegate  Grin

Let me say couple of words about myself to make a better understanding of how I could help Lisk to become great.

I'v been here since 2013 and remember the times when Bitcoin was worth like 30$. I'v been doing a lots of daytrading since then, keeping an eye what is happening in the community, also participated in ethereum ICO.  Now I have a big feeling that Lisk may even overcome ETH pretty quick if well developed thanks its simplicity.

Firstly I want to agree with anyone who thinks that sharing their forging income with people who voted for you is not the way to go.  I'm  pretty  sure that buying the votes to stay in top 101 in many cases gonna cause laziness in delegates.  Although they may keep the node secured, updated and active most of the time, in my opinion that's only a part of the job what ACTIVE Delegate should do..

I would see delegates more like an Ambassadors who gonna actively promote Lisk among JS developers and later even among the potential users of dapps.  

Here is what I'm going to do as an ACTIVE delagete:

Build an informational Lisk website in Polish (I'm from Poland) where I will be posting all important updates, manuals, info about new dapps ect.
Get in touch with polish JS dev community, by posting on coding boards, constantly informing tech/pc sites about hot news from lisk.
Run  facebook, twiitter  and adwords campaigns to increase Lisk awareness and attract more people to involve into the project.

The time will show what else I can do.. At the moment I m not a coder, can't develop dapps by myself but I'm definitely skilled marketer. Lisk probably need  both of them as Delegates.

And finally my intention is to spend 40-50% of my forging reward on the promotion i mentioned above, including advertising campaigns, contests and bounties for devs , running a website ect. I believe that every penny spend on smart campaign will pay off.  When Lisk will be mainstream I would be happy even with 20%  Cheesy

added
I like your plans in  what a delegate should do/be for the comunity!
I am also interested in becoming an active delegate myself and if people will vote for me, I plan in doing what grajson said, but in Romania (and our country is full of young and skillfull programmers  ! Wink
All the best!

ottobene

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:11:41 PM

Hi again lisk mates!!

Please read carefully my statement, this is very important for all of you!!  Wink

As far you know, I'm running for being delegate.

A few days have passed, and now I exactly know what I can share with the community if I've finally got one delegate node.

Since I have a main money income source regardless Lisk, I've decided to share with the community ALL the delegate wealth in two different ways:

- Firstly, a direct way, consisting on the dispense of 30% of generated Lisk between the 15 major voters to my node. The distribution will be proportional to the % of vote.

- Secondly, an indirect way, and the most important one: since I'm not a coder (I'm indsutrial design engineer indeed) but I have great ideas and a good contacts, I was speaking to my best friend and two guys more (all of them JS coders, good and energic ones) about Lisk and its future goals. I know we can make something great in the near future, so, I'm going to encourage and reward them with the another 60% lisk delegate funds.

And now, How can this does help the lisk community?? If we be able to develop a great dapp for Lisk, we will atract new users, and new investments will reach us. Our lisk savings will worth more, and of course, you could enjoy the dapp too!  Cheesy

So, this is my point, if you like it, I'll be very thankful with your vote.

Furthemore, I was talking to my friend, and finally, If I have the delegate node, I'll be running it on an high reliable VPN spanish based service with the help of him.

See you around guys!

TRH

I still don't understand how to vote, but would to vote. Anyone can explain me
iambitcoin5

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:14:33 PM

These past few weeks have been a roller coaster ride, with Lisk rapidly growing and collecting over 5.7M USD while being the 2nd most successful crypto-crurency crowdfunded project. Smiley

Good job! You guys did the right thing and I'm so proud to have found out about Lisk literally 1 week before the end of the ICO.  This has made me have more trust in you guys and also about the future of Lisk itself.  There is also a great community with a lot of smart and forward thinking people and I just feel lucky to be a part of it before launch. The word is spreading like a wildfire too.  Cheesy

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/24/lisk-raises-5-7-million-usd-2nd-successful-crypto-currency-crowd-fund-date/

http://www.econotimes.com/Decentralized-Startup-Lisk-Raises-$57-Mln-In-Crowd-Fund-April-Launch-Likely-184399

http://themerkle.com/lisk-ico-ends-as-the-second-most-successful-cryptocurrency-crowdfund/

Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:20:05 PM

Good job! You guys did the right thing and I'm so proud to have found out about Lisk literally 1 week before the end of the ICO.  This has made me have more trust in you guys and also about the future of Lisk itself.  There is also a great community with a lot of smart and forward thinking people and I just feel lucky to be a part of it before launch. The word is spreading like a wildfire too.  Cheesy

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/24/lisk-raises-5-7-million-usd-2nd-successful-crypto-currency-crowd-fund-date/

http://www.econotimes.com/Decentralized-Startup-Lisk-Raises-$57-Mln-In-Crowd-Fund-April-Launch-Likely-184399

http://themerkle.com/lisk-ico-ends-as-the-second-most-successful-cryptocurrency-crowdfund/

Good times Smiley

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:23:57 PM

As previously stated, we will likely rebrand completely, but this will come later.

I realize that Devs busy preparing for launch, but I think it's crucial that they rebrand now before the launch and before the media and news outlets PROPAGATE the current logo across the internet.

Another important thing to consider is CONFUSION; I've seen many people get confused on exchanges and other crypto services (i.e. ShapeShift) because they keep looking for the wrong coin icon. (Remember late rebrandings of Dash/Darkcoin/Reddcoin etc. ?)

For inspiration; I'm sharing some logos that:

• 1. Emphasize Dapps diversity on Lisk Dapp store with multiple colors.
  • 2. User friendly colors (think Google Play / Apple store /Microsot app store colors...).
  • 3. Recognizable "L" symbol on exchanges and everywhere like Bitcoin & Litecoin logos (Ethereum diamond logo is just NOT recognizable).[/b]
  • 4. Stand out from the rest of the cryptocurrencies logos, because Lisk is special.

Agree that current logo is naff. Needs to change.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:25:14 PM

Do you have to be a top delegate to forge/mine like the first page implies? In other words, can holders of LISK stake them for rewards and to strengthen the network?
If you have to be a delegate to forge/mine then that means the delegates are sort of marked as far as taking down the network goes.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ottobene

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:25:28 PM

Anyone can explain me how i can vote for delegate?
Duomo

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:31:47 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to Max and Oliver for clearing up the BTER issue with Lisk after hearing about it. I know now that I am happy I invested in Lisk early and have supported this project for quite a while. Thank you once again for being honest and straight forward unlike many other individuals. I can't wait to support this project once it is further developed and I am looking forward for a successful release.
chinadaye

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:33:25 PM

As previously stated, we will likely rebrand completely, but this will come later.

I realize that Devs are busy preparing for a smooth launch, but I think it's crucial that they rebrand now before the launch and before the media and news outlets PROPAGATE the current logo across the internet.

Another important thing to consider is CONFUSION; I've seen many people get confused on exchanges and other crypto services (i.e. ShapeShift) because they keep looking for the wrong coin icon. (Remember late rebrandings of Dash/Darkcoin/Reddcoin etc. ?)

For inspiration; I'm sharing some logos that:

• 1. Emphasize Dapps diversity on Lisk Dapp store with multiple colors.
  • 2. User friendly colors (think Google Play / Apple store /Microsot app store colors...).
  • 3. Recognizable "L" symbol on exchanges and everywhere like Bitcoin & Litecoin logos (Ethereum diamond logo is just NOT recognizable).[/b]
  • 4. Stand out from the rest of the cryptocurrencies logos, because Lisk is special.

Feel the previous icon does not highlight the theme, best to look for the art and design staff in the community, re design a new icon

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
tracphil

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:35:02 PM

given the insane btc invested here (wherever the hell it all came from??) - will LISK be providing a legit breakdown doc showing where and how these funds will be spent and managed??  i think investors need serious transparency here with this kinda money.  no BS basic "whitepaper" either that so many devs drop.

Piston, devs said already many times this funds will be used to the good, they didnt make a full plan cause you simply dont know what
you would raise. It could be 100 btc or 15000. Now they know im sure there planning a future roadmap, but first a good launch is needed.

And so far everything went really smooth and controlled make me complete calm with this investment.

i would expect both a  roadmap, and expenditure accounts to be published on a regular basis.
this is not la la land.  

Does Bitcoin or Ethereum do this?

SO TRUE! Where the fuck is Bitcoins Roadmap?!?!

i don't want the market to equate the fucked up governance and process of bitcoin with Llisk. i want Lisk to be as far removed from bitcoin as possible. do you think apps developers will want to invest their resources in a new coin that emulates the behaviour of the bitcoin crew?

That is your opinion but on this specific topic which is the trustablility of projects requiring a future roadmap and spending plan be established right away.  I'm just stating that the things people shout out here in this thread as being of utmost importance are not really as important as they may think.

Has nothing to do with lisk being like bitcoin, just that bitcoin has low amounts of the things people are requesting that a successful coin should.  Has anyone beat bitcoin yet? nope.

I'm just pointing out that everyone seems to know exactly what needs to be done to be a huge success but there is no evidence that those things create success.

Thas was exactly my point.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:35:40 PM

Do you have to be a top delegate to forge/mine like the first page implies? In other words, can holders of LISK stake them for rewards and to strengthen the network?
If you have to be a delegate to forge/mine then that means the delegates are sort of marked as far as taking down the network goes.

top 101 delegates are able to forge (Mine)

Wow, that is a bit dangerous and makes for a very insecure network, doesn't it? I mean are there 101 nodes running and staking things and no more?
Thanks for the reply.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:35:58 PM

- Video Guide
- Written Guide
- Image Guide

Some people may have made an error in copying their passphrases, they may have skipped the first or last word or letter.

Max said that it will be
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:42:49 PM

I don't think they will change the logo, they put money making it, they like it, they won't change it because some of you don't like it.
And I don't think the logo will be a problem for lisk in term of growing.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: