Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073035 times)
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:29:31 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 08:06:00 PM by dleader

I think if your view of the crypto space isn't so myopic as short term price (1 week time frames) ranges, whether a coin will pump immediately you'd find that the discussion really has to do with the crypto space as a whole. If you have a general understanding of LISK everything they talked about impacts LISK.

The governance, philosophical and intellectual ideas Hoskinson has towards the entire crypto space will directly influence LISK as a senior advisor.

Personally, he very briefly discussed the 'tribes' and factions that have come out of ETC/ETH debate. I immediately thought that in relation to LISK the logo doesn't clearly define an attraction to a certain group of people. I think an overhaul will come, any marketing professional will quickly change the entire marketing look and feel to attract more people adopting a more populous approach.

Hoskinson definitely has a "code is law" bent, which I personally agree with. I think human behaviour even if you do the right thing 99 times out of hundred depending on the mental, physical and overall health of the people involved they can slip up and make bad decisions. The 1 bad choice out of 100 can have massive impacts.  I personally think Vitalik was under a lot of pressure to do the right thing with probably a million voices influencing his decisions.

If Vitalik had left it alone, I am 99% sure a better (moral) hacker would have solved the problem without forking the chain.

If you want, Hoskinson has talked at length about LISK and his reasons for joining. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMk-A7L8S4

EDIT: at the 32 minute mark, they talk about LISK vis a vis ETH.

But as you'll see in the video it's about the entire space, LISK will be moulded in relation to the entire space and what works best with the team they put together. The best companies solve problems, identifying the need for side chains and other code bases definitely has it's place.

Reading the white paper and listening to different interviews, there are some very smart, talented and well intentioned people on board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:52:46 PM

While there is competition to become a delegate for the main chain, there will be plenty of demand to run delegates for the sidechains.

Thank you for your answer; however it is earning Lisk I am interested in, and since it's almost impossible to become a delegate of the main Lisk blockchain, can you point me to a sidechain which will allow me to earn Lisk for securing it?

You will probably have to wait a few months for opportunities to run delegates for sidechains. It is a good time to set up a delegate to run on the testnet so you can gain experience. Also, it will depend on the sidechain as to whether they reward delegates in Lisk or their own token, which would need to be exchanged for Lisk or other currency of your choice.
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:53:56 PM

Yes. This is why there will be a market for a blockchain app to implement simple smart contracts and other functions which wouldn't really warrant creating a sidechain just to run by themselves. For this reason, Ethereum and Lisk are not really competitors, other than Lisk can run EVM as a blockchain app tied to the main Lisk chain.

You really get it. What helped you the most to understand Lisk?

I was already knowledgeable about Crypti, and have continued following Lisk.
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:03:38 PM

I think if your view of the crypto space isn't so myopic as short term price (1 week time frames) ranges, whether a coin will pump immediately you'd find that the discussion really has to do with the crypto space as a whole. If you have a general understanding of LISK everything they talked about impacts LISK.

The governance, philosophical and intellectual ideas Hoskinson has towards the entire crypto space will directly influence LISK as a senior advisor.

Personally, he very briefly discussed the 'tribes' and factions that have come out of ETC/ETH debate. I immediately thought that in relation to LISK the logo doesn't clearly define an attraction to a certain group of people. I think an overhaul will come, any marketing professional will quickly change the entire marketing look and feel to attract more people adopting a more populous approach.

Hoskinson definitely has a "code is law" bent, which I personally agree with. I think human behaviour even if you do the right thing 99 times out of hundred depending on the mental, physical and overall health of the people involved they can slip up and make bad decisions. The 1 bad choice out of 100 can have massive impacts.  I personally think Vitalik was under a lot of pressure to do the right thing with probably a million voices influencing his decisions.

If Vitalik had left it alone, I am 99% sure a better (moral) hacker would have solved the problem without forking the chain.

If you want Hoskinson has talked at length about LISK and his reasons for joining. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMk-A7L8S4

EDIT: at the 32 minute mark, they talk about LISK vis a vis ETH.

But as you'll see in the video it's about the entire space, LISK will be moulded in relation to the entire space and what works best with the team they put together. The best companies solve problems identifying the need for side chains and other code bases definitely has it's place.

Reading the white paper and listening to different interviews, there are some very smart, talented and well intentioned people on board.

Thanks for the markers to watch at. You are right, that ETC will likely have an impact on Lisk given Charles's involvement, in that IOHK would be a strong candidate to port EVM over to Lisk as a blockchain app connected to Lisk. Lisk may even have ETC integration, though it would make business sense to have ETH integration as well. ETC does have some strong support in the Lisk community. My own preference is for ETH, but the market and ability for ETC to gain developer support and organize will be the deciding factors.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 08:34:01 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 08:44:26 PM by MalReynolds

While there is competition to become a delegate for the main chain, there will be plenty of demand to run delegates for the sidechains.
Thank you for your answer; however it is earning Lisk I am interested in, and since it's almost impossible to become a delegate of the main Lisk blockchain, can you point me to a sidechain which will allow me to earn Lisk for securing it?

Wrong.  We currently do not have anywhere near 101 people running testnet nodes.  

https://testnet-explorer.lisk.io/delegateMonitor

Just click on "Status" to do a sort and look at the block of red dots.  You can start a testnet node tonight and turn one of those red dots into a green dot with your name beside it.  You wanna become a Lisk Mainnet Active Delegate when forging rewards eventually get turned on?  Do your testnet homework now.  Go to lisk.chat, start hanging out at #testnet, and direct message joel that you want to run a testnet node.  The people running testnet nodes now are the only Liskers who are going to have sufficient experience to run mainnet nodes soon.
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:14:39 PM

Lisk - The Week in Retrospect - August 16, 2016

Welcome to our weekly Lisk retrospects in which we give you an overview of our announcements, news articles and interviews.

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=201693389b5cea4883858163e&id=0275aeeb0a&e=5b82159d82

###

RT: https://twitter.com/LiskHQ/status/765572072810680320
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:40:11 PM

Wrong.  We currently do not have anywhere near 101 people running testnet nodes.  

Just click on "Status" to do a sort and look at the block of red dots.  You can start a testnet node tonight and turn one of those red dots into a green dot with your name beside it.  You wanna become a Lisk Mainnet Active Delegate when forging rewards eventually get turned on?  Do your testnet homework now.  Go to lisk.chat, start hanging out at #testnet, and direct message joel that you want to run a testnet node.  The people running testnet nodes now are the only Liskers who are going to have sufficient experience to run mainnet nodes soon.
I was wondering , except the experience and every manual that lisk devs have provided us, should the delegates also have some serious programming skills?
mikethedikevanegan

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:35:03 PM

If the Lisk business license takes 6-8 weeks, when did they first submit it for approval?
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:26:40 AM

If the Lisk business license takes 6-8 weeks, when did they first submit it for approval?

On 30th of July they were in week one. See question 17 (ICO funds) here. It takes 3-12 weeks.
BitBanksy

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:40:31 AM

Wrong.  We currently do not have anywhere near 101 people running testnet nodes. 

Just click on "Status" to do a sort and look at the block of red dots.  You can start a testnet node tonight and turn one of those red dots into a green dot with your name beside it.  You wanna become a Lisk Mainnet Active Delegate when forging rewards eventually get turned on?  Do your testnet homework now.  Go to lisk.chat, start hanging out at #testnet, and direct message joel that you want to run a testnet node.  The people running testnet nodes now are the only Liskers who are going to have sufficient experience to run mainnet nodes soon.
I was wondering , except the experience and every manual that lisk devs have provided us, should the delegates also have some serious programming skills?

Not at all. I don't code but I managed to become a delegate and run a full node on the testnet in less then 5hrs with the help of others Lisk minded members on Lisk.chat and with the numerous manuals available. Join us! For me personally it's a learning process that I enjoy particularly and the community is fantastic.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:11:22 AM

Uptrend looks right to me. Trading in the high range of the bolinger band. 2 hours of weak sell pressure hasn't moved it below 45000 satoshi. Think its prepping to test 50k soon. With all the other crypto losing momentum the funds could flow back here for a trade. That's how most of crypto works anyways. Funny to see the DGB leadup and 1 hour later its already onto the next one.

I do not see an uptrend currently. For me that is a short term tick in the chart for now. LSK can still go down a little bit but as long as it stays above 40k satoshis then we are still ok. If it goes below it I will support and bid at 35k satoshis and increase my stake. Smiley

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 05:43:56 AM

I won't get paid for running testnet, right? from what I see I'll be stuck there forever:

I am looking at the delegate monitor - there is just no way I can get in: already 632 delegates on standby! Almost all current delegates are the same guy (or seems like it): some guy called genesis - seems this one guy whale takes up everything.

my first impression of DPOS is not positive. No room for the little gal I am.

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
td services

black swan hunter

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:49:38 AM

The genesis delegates are run by the Lisk team to stabilize the main network while forking issues resulting from voting changing the ranking of the delegates are worked out. These will be down-voted and replaced with community run delegates when forging with block rewards actually starts.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 08:18:08 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 09:55:15 AM by trader19

I won't get paid for running testnet, right? from what I see I'll be stuck there forever:

I am looking at the delegate monitor - there is just no way I can get in: already 632 delegates on standby! Almost all current delegates are the same guy (or seems like it): some guy called genesis - seems this one guy whale takes up everything.

my first impression of DPOS is not positive. No room for the little gal I am.

genesis delegates are LiskHQs and will be replaced once Client and Network proves to be stable enough to do so. as of standby delegates and no way of getting in, that's simply not true since the whole Lisk concept is pretty much democratic. you just need to get enough people to vote for you.. there are a lot of ways of doing this, start by posting your candidacy HERE and join testnet asap and prove you can run node long and efficient. Some of us, mostly members of GDT are on testnet since beginning (6month+) having great stats and for sure without any effort/expenses you can't expect that you will have spot open waiting for you to take. the same with politic elections, you need to be donald. stand out from the crowd and put some effort into it. there is no secret whale that will take over all 101 delegate spots and take over Lisk network, not as long as max&oliver&GDT&community can influence election with their voting power. truth is there are us little guys that put effort into it since beginning and got support from community and believe me it's still not too late for you to join just get your finger out and stand up.

Setup Testnet delegate video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzkb7mYerQ

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

Uptrend looks right to me. Trading in the high range of the bolinger band. 2 hours of weak sell pressure hasn't moved it below 45000 satoshi. Think its prepping to test 50k soon. With all the other crypto losing momentum the funds could flow back here for a trade. That's how most of crypto works anyways. Funny to see the DGB leadup and 1 hour later its already onto the next one.

I do not see an uptrend currently. For me that is a short term tick in the chart for now. LSK can still go down a little bit but as long as it stays above 40k satoshis then we are still ok. If it goes below it I will support and bid at 35k satoshis and increase my stake. Smiley

It's definitely a uptrend Smiley
If you want to increase your stake, you should try to catch LSK above 41ksat
we will never see 35ksat my friend

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:51:36 AM

it can't go back to 35ksat the trend is to keep it from where it is now so lsk will keep on moving up for
sure just hold some and wait for a perfect timing position to sell it up.
Medow

Activity: 357

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:05:30 AM

it can't go back to 35ksat the trend is to keep it from where it is now so lsk will keep on moving up for

It can't
and we will never is not the smartest terms to be using in crypto lol
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:39:41 AM

Not at all. I don't code but I managed to become a delegate and run a full node on the testnet in less then 5hrs with the help of others Lisk minded members on Lisk.chat and with the numerous manuals available. Join us! For me personally it's a learning process that I enjoy particularly and the community is fantastic.
Ok you convinced me, as a true lisker I will give it a try by the next month. When will forging be enabled?
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:55:27 AM

Ok you convinced me, as a true lisker I will give it a try by the next month. When will forging be enabled?

Forging is already enabled - on testnet.

For mainnet it is envisioned that Forging starts with version 0.4.0.
Romanknickl

Activity: 539
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:59:06 AM

It can't
and we will never is not the smartest terms to be using in crypto lol

I have observed the chat since the first day, you are right, everything can happen, but i try to deliver a objective opinion in relationship to the distribution on a percentage basis in relation to the capabilities.
the corollary is my opionion.
You can believe it or not.

Pages: « 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 [1516] 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: