Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248020 times)
lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:06:40 PM

Hi all I've had a request for an official thread to discuss or allow feedback on Havelock Investments (the site, not the mining fund). So please, use this thread Smiley

https://www.havelockinvestments.com

Cheers,
 James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 02:10:45 PM

Reserved

niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 02:26:12 PM

No complaints, only a concern: will Havelock Investements be able to keep up with the growing user (and scammer) base, and maintain their excellent quality of service and responsiveness? I certainly hope so.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 03:02:55 PM

You guys are awesome. However, We don't know enough about you. Just the fact that it's run by a Canadian corporation which we don't know or even your last name, James. My apolgies, James Grant.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:17:49 PM

You guys are awesome. However, We don't know enough about you. Just the fact that it's run by a Canadian corporation which we don't know or even your last name, James. My apolgies, James Grant.

Well, what would you like to know? I'll answer whatever I can.

James

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 03:39:57 PM

No complaints, only a concern: will Havelock Investements be able to keep up with the growing user (and scammer) base, and maintain their excellent quality of service and responsiveness? I certainly hope so.

I certainly expect to be able to!

James

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:10:29 PM

;tldr: praise of site

I want to voice some comments about the site (mainly user interface):

This is probably the best implementation of a trading web interface I've seen in the bitcoin world (or anywhere for that matter). Here's why:

• Things are condensed and look nice. I don't have to click through too many pages to gather information and place orders. That can basically all be done on the buy/sell page.
  • The form for buying is above the bid side of the orderbook and the form for selling above the sell side of the orderbook. That's how it's done!
  • Account Overview: Shares are displayed as <shares I own>/<shares in escrow>, that is awesome. Summing up total value of stuff is pretty cool, too.
  • everything is interlinked really well
  • All necessary fund info right on the site
  • And last but not least something I've been asking quite a few sites to implement but none has afaik: my own orders are highlighted in the orderbook! Yesss!

In addition: no trade fee? coolness! Fast bitcoin deposit (don't even know what it is... 3 confirms?).

Some improvements could still be made, though:

• Display server time and timezone somewhere (at the top maybe) or at least state the timezone somewhere so I can interpret timestamps correctly.
  • Sorting/Filtering in tables (especially in the transaction table) would rock. CSV-Download of transaction table would help, too.

An I have a question:

• In the orderbook, I see in Qty column: x/y. What's x and y?

well done, lightbox!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
AllYourBase

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:19:07 PM

Very nice interface; looks like a significant investment on your part.

What's your strategy for protecting your users against action from trigger-happy bureaucrats?  Do you plan to become a registered/licensed business, or do you have some way to allow everyone to carry on if worse came to worst (such as all issuers know who all of their investors are at any given time)?  I just want to have confidence that I'm not going to lose my money/have a tremendous pain the backside as was the case with GLBSE.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 07:29:48 PM

I second AllYourBases question.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 08:30:30 PM

What's your strategy for protecting your users against action from trigger-happy bureaucrats?  Do you plan to become a registered/licensed business, or do you have some way to allow everyone to carry on if worse came to worst (such as all issuers know who all of their investors are at any given time)?  I just want to have confidence that I'm not going to lose my money/have a tremendous pain the backside as was the case with GLBSE.

The only user information we collect is email address so that's all that could be provided given a court order
We are a registered business. Federally incorporated in Canada.
Yes issuers have access their unit holder (investors) list which contains two columns: email address and qty owned

Cheers,
James

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 08:35:52 PM

;tldr: praise of site

I want to voice some comments about the site (mainly user interface):

This is probably the best implementation of a trading web interface I've seen in the bitcoin world (or anywhere for that matter). Here's why:

• Things are condensed and look nice. I don't have to click through too many pages to gather information and place orders. That can basically all be done on the buy/sell page.
  • The form for buying is above the bid side of the orderbook and the form for selling above the sell side of the orderbook. That's how it's done!
  • Account Overview: Shares are displayed as <shares I own>/<shares in escrow>, that is awesome. Summing up total value of stuff is pretty cool, too.
  • everything is interlinked really well
  • All necessary fund info right on the site
  • And last but not least something I've been asking quite a few sites to implement but none has afaik: my own orders are highlighted in the orderbook! Yesss!

In addition: no trade fee? coolness! Fast bitcoin deposit (don't even know what it is... 3 confirms?).

Some improvements could still be made, though:

• Display server time and timezone somewhere (at the top maybe) or at least state the timezone somewhere so I can interpret timestamps correctly.
  • Sorting/Filtering in tables (especially in the transaction table) would rock. CSV-Download of transaction table would help, too.

An I have a question:

• In the orderbook, I see in Qty column: x/y. What's x and y?

well done, lightbox!

Thanks for the positive feedback and comments!

I'll get the date/time/timeline added somewhere obvious this week when I'm back in the office.

The qty x/y is the  remaining/total for the order

Ie 4/10 means the order was for 10 units total but there's only 4 left for that order.

Cheers,
 James

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:51:52 PM

Server date/time is now at the top-right in the site header (and thus, on every page)

Sorting/Filtering i'm not going to implement for now (maybe later...), I want to keep all the tables as simple as possible, there's already a lot of data to display and adding controls buttons/links/icons to the table will just clutter it even more..

I did however, add a CSV download of the transactions table Smiley

Cheers,
 James

AllYourBase

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 06:09:30 PM

The only user information we collect is email address so that's all that could be provided given a court order
We are a registered business. Federally incorporated in Canada.
Yes issuers have access their unit holder (investors) list which contains two columns: email address and qty owned

Cheers,
James

Fantastic, that helps a lot!  Still doesn't solve the problem of single-point-of-failure, but it looks like you've taken a bunch of good steps to limit the potential damage.  Nice work! Smiley
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:43:23 PM

Server date/time is now at the top-right in the site header (and thus, on every page)

awesome, thanks!

Sorting/Filtering i'm not going to implement for now (maybe later...), I want to keep all the tables as simple as possible, there's already a lot of data to display and adding controls buttons/links/icons to the table will just clutter it even more..

tell me about it! That's why I didn't even suggest to add more tooltips Wink It's probably a good decisions to keep things lean and clean.

I did however, add a CSV download of the transactions table Smiley

you rock! A header line in the csv would round things up nicely *grin*

thanks for listening and implementing!

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 08:46:49 PM

Ask and ye-shall-receive!  Header line added.

James

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 06:37:14 AM

James

are you looking for work?

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

James

are you looking for work?

Always!  Gotta keep my employees busy (and paid! lol)

My "day job" is owner of http://www.lightbox.ca we do all kinds of web development, IOS development, etc.  Need something done?  Feel free to PM me or email james@lightbox.org

Cheers,
 James

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 04:47:31 AM

Looks great so far. Keep up the good work.

publio

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 04:06:45 PM

The UI is really good, it's easy to navigate.

A few suggestions-
SDICE is missing a fact sheet.
Do you think it would be a good idea if you showed, in the trade history, the type of order (buy sell)?

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2013, 06:54:59 PM

The UI is really good, it's easy to navigate.

A few suggestions-
SDICE is missing a fact sheet.
Do you think it would be a good idea if you showed, in the trade history, the type of order (buy sell)?

Thanks for the feedback!

The fact sheet isn't needed, because SDICE is not an offering directly with Havelock, its simply a passthrough, you can read the IPO fact sheet on MPEX from the link in the summary/overview page.

For the type of order in the trade history, that doesnt really make sense.. because you can't have a BUY without a SELL.. its a "trade", ie, one person is selling and another it buying a certain number of units at a certain rate. The "type" for every trade is both a buy AND a sell.

Cheers,
 James

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: