Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:46:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248023 times)
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:58:04 AM

Possibility of linking accounts with a fixed bitcoin address?  To prevent unauthorised withdrawal. Huh
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:31:48 PM

*** PHISHING ATTEMPTS ***

It has been brought to our attention that there is a phishing website setup to steal havelock investments passwords from users that accidentally end up on the wrong website. Please always ensure you are on the OFFICIAL website, and encrypted by HTTPS with the LOCK ICON in your browser. The one and ONLY domain name that we use is:  HAVELOCKINVESTMENTS.COM

This is also a great time to remind everyone that using 2 Factor Authentication will one day save your ass. Everyone should enable 2FA on their account for greater security

Cheers,
 James

I don't know if you saw this as it was down voted pretty fast and I posted a warning, but this was on reddit a few days back linking to a site your probably now aware of, but it might be another lead ??

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1fucgc/im_having_trouble_logging_in_to/
lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 02:01:06 AM

*** PHISHING ATTEMPTS ***

It has been brought to our attention that there is a phishing website setup to steal havelock investments passwords from users that accidentally end up on the wrong website. Please always ensure you are on the OFFICIAL website, and encrypted by HTTPS with the LOCK ICON in your browser. The one and ONLY domain name that we use is:  HAVELOCKINVESTMENTS.COM

This is also a great time to remind everyone that using 2 Factor Authentication will one day save your ass. Everyone should enable 2FA on their account for greater security

Cheers,
 James

I don't know if you saw this as it was down voted pretty fast and I posted a warning, but this was on reddit a few days back linking to a site your probably now aware of, but it might be another lead ??

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1fucgc/im_having_trouble_logging_in_to/

I watch /r/bitcoins RELIGIOUSLY, and somehow I missed that!  That is, indeed, the phishing site.

I reported it to namecheap, and they nullrouted the domain and suspended the account.

James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:28:59 PM

Websocket is now live on the website. Any trade on any fund causes the "last trade price" of that asset (if its displayed somewhere on your current screen) to update in real time.  In addition, the "Recent Trades" section of the order book page also updates in real time.

More of these auto-updates will be coming over time, the "last trade" was just the simplest to implement.  If you have suggestions of what to live-update next, let me know!

James

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:37:14 PM

Websocket is now live on the website. Any trade on any fund causes the "last trade price" of that asset (if its displayed somewhere on your current screen) to update in real time.  In addition, the "Recent Trades" section of the order book page also updates in real time.

More of these auto-updates will be coming over time, the "last trade" was just the simplest to implement.  If you have suggestions of what to live-update next, let me know!

James

Live update for the the balance!  Grin
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:39:22 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2013, 09:54:51 PM by freedomno1

Websocket is now live on the website. Any trade on any fund causes the "last trade price" of that asset (if its displayed somewhere on your current screen) to update in real time.  In addition, the "Recent Trades" section of the order book page also updates in real time.

More of these auto-updates will be coming over time, the "last trade" was just the simplest to implement.  If you have suggestions of what to live-update next, let me know!

James

Live update for the the balance!  Grin

Wow that took 10 seconds Smiley
Thanks for the great work as always James
Enjoy these mysterious improvements when I refresh now and then XD

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 09:40:36 PM

A feature request:

Show number of units owned on the "order book" page. The way it is now, the BTC balance is in the upper right as usual, and may be useful when placing a buy order. For sell orders, on the other hand, we have to rely on memory. If I enter the bigger number than what's available, I get a warning in red, and have to start all over again. Ouch.

This is now added Smiley  Sorry for how long it took to implement such a simple request!

James

nousfeed

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:16:12 AM

For the life of me I can't find the location to change my password.

Can anyone shed some light on the matter?
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 12:26:28 PM

For the life of me I can't find the location to change my password.

Can anyone shed some light on the matter?

I had also a few months back been failing to find this...

Use the register/forgot password form on the login page.

Cheers,
 James
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:26:07 PM

I'm sure I read something about that somewhere but where on the website is the info published about what you will do if your operation has severe problems like GBLSE?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:25:50 PM

I'm sure I read something about that somewhere but where on the website is the info published about what you will do if your operation has severe problems like GBLSE?
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/faq.php
Probably that

thatbluedude

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 08:50:30 PM

do you plan to add yubikey 2fa?
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:21:09 AM

I think Havelock Investments is great.  I will however mention what two other people mentioned when I tried to get them into using the site.

I know it will sound petty, I never even noticed myself, but the last news is from March 8.  The first person I showed the website to mentioned it right off the bat, saying it seems like a scam (because if you're a scammer you obviously don't update your news ticker?).  I know it is flawed logic, but as it is now, the news is just taking up space. 

The second person I tried to bring on board just thought it was unprofessional looking, but you can't please everyone.

Thank you for the feedback, we've been so busy with other aspects of Havelock (like coding new stuff and working on new asset listings) that I've definitely let things like the news section fall behind.  I've updated an article for today (tell your friend!) and will be switching it from a manual news listing, to an RSS feed pulled from a reputable bitcoin news source.  Our  business isn't news, so we'll let the news experts handle that from now on!

As far as it not looking professional, have you showed them some of the _other_ sites?  One of the top feedback items I hear from people is that they like Havelock because we DO look (and indeed, ARE) professional!  Could you ask your friend what about the site made it look unprofessional?  Or have him call us with his thoughts/suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.  613-686-1661 x101.

Cheers,
 James

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 01:21:43 AM

do you plan to add yubikey 2fa?

Not at this time.. Google 2FA works very well.

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:03:41 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 12:13:56 AM by freedomno1

I'm aware that canadianbitcoins and cavirtex are always on top of regulations that's why I trust these exhanges, so if your not allowed to disclose information at this time that's fine.

My question is regarding Canadianbitcoins
Can you explain the reason canadianbitcoins has temporarily disabled cash deposit and if this is related to mtgox and TAYPE
Also will this be a similar update to the one on cavirtex
Thanks

To be honest was thinking of posting this question in Canadianbitcoins but it would be a 2 year necro  
Was not sure on whether to revive it or ask here maybe next time to show how far bitcoin has gone Wink

As a side-comment
"I've been involved with Bitcoins since the CPU mining days, and double digit difficulty (man, when it jumped to 43, that was rough!)"
Love that post  
Two year anniversary to a hangover incoming  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27087.msg341290#msg341290

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

I'm aware that canadianbitcoins and cavirtex are always on top of regulations that's why I trust these exhanges, so if your not allowed to disclose information at this time that's fine.

My question is regarding Canadianbitcoins
Can you explain the reason canadianbitcoins has temporarily disabled cash deposit and if this is related to mtgox and TAYPE
Also will this be a similar update to the one on cavirtex
Thanks

To be honest was thinking of posting this question in Canadianbitcoins but it would be a 2 year necro  
Was not sure on whether to revive it or ask here maybe next time to show how far bitcoin has gone Wink

As a side-comment
"I've been involved with Bitcoins since the CPU mining days, and double digit difficulty (man, when it jumped to 43, that was rough!)"
Love that post  
Two year anniversary to a hangover incoming  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27087.msg341290#msg341290

Lol i just went back and read that thread, so nostalgic.  Bitcoin has come a long way since then.

We have disabled cash deposits due to potential issues that we are working out with the banks.  I'm assuming its pretty much the same issue as with cavirtex -- banks dont like anonymous cash deposits from third parties into accounts... even if we have KYC docs for all them, the banks dont know that (because they dont ask, they just assume that we dont for some reason) 

It is NOT related at all to whats going on with mtgox (that i know of at least)

We are working with TAYPE closely and with the BANKS to find the right solutions that keeps everyone happy. For the most part, it comes down to AML/KYC.

Almost time for another Canada Day aimlessly tackling the crowds around Parliament hill spreading the rambling drunk truth about bitcoins!

Cheers
 James

freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 01:23:46 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2013, 02:27:29 AM by freedomno1

Thanks for the fast reply,  

Bitcoin has come a long way since then, have not been around that long but it looks like the fun never stops  Grin

I figured it was something along those lines, even if your going to the teller in person and they have a camera shot for every person walking in and out they still need those KYC docs that said they should ask, banks should do their job and be pro-active about mysterious money (according to them) from third parties going into accounts on a daily basis from all over Canada and the USA two different legislations Wink

I was wondering since it seems to happen every now and then like with the RBC before, i'm not really to worried about it, just curiosity.
As long as theirs one bank around to direct deposit to can just go there ^^.

Thanks again for the speedy reply, and Have a fun Canada Day! A week in advance
Don't get to hanged over ha-ha got to spread the power of bitcoins in the Center of Power (Power Play reference)

Cheers,
Freedom

lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2013, 01:53:16 PM

Well, let me first start off by saying the first friend was more impressed by the fact that you listened to my suggestion than he ever was unimpressed by the lack of new news, so you won him over pretty good.

As for the second friend, I did ask him, and it turns out it was my fault. I use a tv as my monitor (for showing guests websites anyway) so I have the font sized extra large, and the page size around 200%. I don't even notice the overlap or things it throws off, but yeah, it does make it look pretty half assed, but he now knows it was my half assedness anyway. He was much more impressed when I told him to look on his own monitor.

In 1998 I took a course on evaluating the truth on web sites.  Interesting, thinking back, the things people associate with trustworthiness on a website. Not always obvious.

Awesome! Thanks. Ill let my designer know she still has a Job Smiley

247saver

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:09:42 PM

Site appears to be still down after 30 minutes waiting, still down Sad

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.havelockinvestments.com
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 08:13:32 PM

Site appears to be still down after 30 minutes waiting, still down Sad

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.havelockinvestments.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137235.msg2646448#msg2646448

Still waiting as well  Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: