Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248022 times)
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 02:37:23 PM

Just two small questions today since I was talking to Mitchell and he said to ask here

Regarding Canbit a quick question if any progress has been made since June regarding the KYC documents with any of the Big 5/6

And the real reason I came to post ^^

Vanity bug
There is a small clock error in trade activity newly executed orders use local time not server time not really an issue except during daylight savings ^^
http://postimg.org/image/5k6z0dy7l/

Thanks as always
Freedom

Re: Canbit, I'll let James follow up.

Re: Vanity bug.  We'll take a look into it.

Thanks for the feedback.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
havelock

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:13:55 PM

Hello all, we've created a twitter account to help communicate information pertinent to Havelock Investments. 
Follow us @Havelock_Inv to stay up to date!
https://twitter.com/Havelock_Inv

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2013, 05:25:48 PM

We are pleased to announce the upcoming public offering for Power Hash Mining (PHM)

On Monday, July 15th, 2013 at 12:00PM (EST), a public offering will open for Power Hash Mining.
Total Units: 300000
Maximum Units Per User: 100000
Price: 0.0024BTC/unit
Fund Overview: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PHM

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 01:45:56 PM

We are pleased to announce the upcoming public offering for Power Hash Mining (PHM)

On Monday, July 15th, 2013 at 12:00PM (EST), a public offering will open for Power Hash Mining.
Total Units: 300000
Maximum Units Per User: 100000
Price: 0.0024BTC/unit
Fund Overview: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=PHM

Hello all, PHM has decided to delay their listing in order to answer the questions brought up in their thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=255235.0;all) and give the market enough time to process the information.  We'll be letting everyone know when the listing will take place.  Thanks for your time.

lightbox (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 07:43:47 PM

I just wanted to post here to confirm for everyone, that bitcointalk user "havelock" is, indeed, our account.  Mitchell will usually be posting from the Havelock account, while I'll likely be posting from the "lightbox" account.

Cheers,
 James

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:28:13 AM

Satoshi Dice (SDICE) Final Update

As many of you are already aware, Satoshi Dice was recently sold for 126,315 BTC (Approximately 12 million USD).  As part of the MPEX contract, all S.DICE shareholders on MPEX received 0.0035BTC/share, which translates to 0.35BTC/share on Havelock (Remember, Havelock's SDICE is 1:100).

Tonight we have received the full payment from MPEX for Havelock Investment's SDICE Passthru holding of 1,278,200 shares. A total of 4473.7BTC.

All SDICE shareholders on Havelock have now received the full 0.35BTC/share credited to your account. This will appear in your transaction log as a "buyback".  All SDICE shares have now been removed from your portfolios as well.  SDICE will be completely delisted from Havelock Investments on Friday July 19th.

To learn more about the buyout, please read the official announcement here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101902.msg2751536#msg2751536

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:03:26 PM

Havelock Investments is pleased to announce our latest listing, the Ministry of Games (MPEx passthru), is now actively being traded on Havelock.  Please see our site for the fund overview details.

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=SMG

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:59:53 AM

I have two questions through both from the AM thread.

One is pursuant to National Instrument 45-106.

The second I recall reading somewhere but I wanted to know for certain what would happen to havelock in case of a cease and desist order or enforcement action in Canada Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2797734#msg2797734

Jumping ship from BTCTC to Havelock is ridiculous as they are in no better position with respect to Canadian exempt securities regulations (National Instrument 45-106).

Everyone panicking is throwing money away, which I'm sure is pleasing to the speculators among us. Stay calm, there really is no urgent need to do anything.

One is related to what burnside mentioned here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2799488#msg2799488

For those running to the safety of AM direct shares - I see this as largely unnecessary. In the worst case scenario, in the event that BTCTC is met with a cease and desist or other enforcement action, Friedcat has an updated listing of all of our share allocations, sent twice a day. https://btct.co/faq

I'm not saying there wouldn't be negative ramifications if BTCTC were targeted - surely liquidity and share price would be affected. However, those of us with AM PT shares are not SOL in that case.

*Full disclosure - I own both direct and PT shares and I am not planning on changing my allocations anytime in the near future.

This is a good point.

Yes, Friedcat is emailed a full shareholder list (includes email and btc address) several times a day.  If the servers ever got pulled, he has everything he needs to pull the shares back in-house to direct shares.

I am not certain, but I suspect this is unique to BTCTC.  BitFunder has a good approach with publishing the addresses publicly if you turn it on, (if you haven't, do it now.) but does not include emails in that so Friedcat would not have a way to contact users directly.  Havelock and 796 I have no idea what is setup.  (Anyone know?)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
soundasleep

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 02:34:52 PM

Interesting, but I want to warn people to be careful with the data they give to 3rd Party sites.

Definitely - I make it very clear on the API page that you must create an API key only with Read access. One can also deploy a local copy of Openclerk since the site's open source.

Today I added support to CryptFolio (thread) for premium users to view all of their securities (BTC-TC, Litecoin Global, Cryptostocks, Havelock Investments) on a single page along with their current market value:

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 04:27:26 PM

I have two questions through both from the AM thread.

One is pursuant to National Instrument 45-106.

The second I recall reading somewhere but I wanted to know for certain what would happen to havelock in case of a cease and desist order or enforcement action in Canada Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2797734#msg2797734

Jumping ship from BTCTC to Havelock is ridiculous as they are in no better position with respect to Canadian exempt securities regulations (National Instrument 45-106).

Everyone panicking is throwing money away, which I'm sure is pleasing to the speculators among us. Stay calm, there really is no urgent need to do anything.

One is related to what burnside mentioned here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2799488#msg2799488

For those running to the safety of AM direct shares - I see this as largely unnecessary. In the worst case scenario, in the event that BTCTC is met with a cease and desist or other enforcement action, Friedcat has an updated listing of all of our share allocations, sent twice a day. https://btct.co/faq

I'm not saying there wouldn't be negative ramifications if BTCTC were targeted - surely liquidity and share price would be affected. However, those of us with AM PT shares are not SOL in that case.

*Full disclosure - I own both direct and PT shares and I am not planning on changing my allocations anytime in the near future.

This is a good point.

Yes, Friedcat is emailed a full shareholder list (includes email and btc address) several times a day.  If the servers ever got pulled, he has everything he needs to pull the shares back in-house to direct shares.

I am not certain, but I suspect this is unique to BTCTC.  BitFunder has a good approach with publishing the addresses publicly if you turn it on, (if you haven't, do it now.) but does not include emails in that so Friedcat would not have a way to contact users directly.  Havelock and 796 I have no idea what is setup.  (Anyone know?)

We've been in ongoing discussions with our legal team to discuss how the current environment may impact our operations and what the options available to us are.  We haven't come to any conclusions as of yet, so its business as usual for now.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:33:31 PM

The site looks good.  Would like to see more securities available.  How much are listing fees for this site, i didn't see a FAQ or would've checked there?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
havelock

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 04:11:35 PM

The site looks good.  Would like to see more securities available.  How much are listing fees for this site, i didn't see a FAQ or would've checked there?

Hi, we're always looking to add quality companies.  The listing fee is 5 BTC and you can email mitchell@havelockinvestments.com for more details about the listing process.

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:48:16 PM

We've introduced some requested security features to make Havelock Investments even more secure and easy to use:

• You can now set your portfolio to be public, providing a unique URL that others can use to view your portfolio.
  • New API features available, wow with dividend info and full order book.  Here's the link: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/apidoc.php
  • Country-based account login restrictions are now available! Click "Security Centre" after logging in to enable.

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:30:23 PM

Feature request:

would really like to see a 'calculate' button when buying and selling that returns current expected value for 'X' shares. 

havelock

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 01:10:04 PM

Feature request:

would really like to see a 'calculate' button when buying and selling that returns current expected value for 'X' shares. 

Hi, I think we already have what you're looking for.  If you enter X number of shares and the price and click the 'sell' or 'buy' button, you get a message similar to the following:

Are you sure you want to sell
10 units at 0.45000000BTC/unit
For a total of 4.50000000BTC?

So the total is the expected value of the X number of shares you wish to sell.

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:58:43 PM

Feature request:

Hi, I think we already have what you're looking for.  If you enter X number of shares and the price and click the 'sell' or 'buy' button, you get a message similar to the following:

Thanks, I was aware of this, it just seems a little bit of an upside down way of doing it; if for example I want to spend 4.5 BTC exactly it becomes a case of trial and error. (unless I get the calculator out  Wink )

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:56:30 PM

Feature request:

Hi, I think we already have what you're looking for.  If you enter X number of shares and the price and click the 'sell' or 'buy' button, you get a message similar to the following:

Thanks, I was aware of this, it just seems a little bit of an upside down way of doing it; if for example I want to spend 4.5 BTC exactly it becomes a case of trial and error. (unless I get the calculator out  Wink )

I see what he meant an adjusting calculator

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:20:43 PM

Feature request:

I see what he meant an adjusting calculator

Like on Bitfunder. You can calculate there if you have enough BTC for a purchase before you make it instead of only finding out that you don't have enough when you try to make the trade.

The thing Havelock has which Bitfunder doesn't have is showing market value compared to purchase value so you can see at a glance if you made a profit or not.
felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:57:06 PM

hi james,

one of the best features of your site is not working for me for last couple hours, i mean trade-notifications over mail...
not sure about other notifications yet.

can you take a look at?
lightbox (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

hi james,

one of the best features of your site is not working for me for last couple hours, i mean trade-notifications over mail...
not sure about other notifications yet.

can you take a look at?

We migrated our mail service to a different IP yesterday, which seems to have caused some problems...  2800 clogged emails in queue have now been sent... sorry for the delay everyone!

James

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: