Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248023 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:17:59 AM

ALERT!

Lightbox has allowed VirtEx, Canada's largest btc exchange and one of Havelock's first IPOs, to exit the exchange at the end of the year after a 4000 btc reap back in March, now worth $3.6M.

VirtEx never paid a single dividend and are not buying out their investors or desolving their business. Quite the opposite. They're probably in the midst of an expansion restruction but not to the benefit of any of their Havelock investors. They have been promised "certificates" in another company called Alberta, that will likely not be denominated in btc, yield btc dividends, or be tradeable in btc. Oh, and btw, trading in VTX shares closed simultaneous to the very vague email announcement that went out to shareholders.

Think twice before you forfeit valuable btc to any enterprise on any exchange. It's gold rush Deadwood out there and if you're not careful, you may get your throat cut.

Compare and contrast.

It has nothing to do with "any exchanges". It's all about "all the scum that's not MPEx".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:16:32 AM

Fees seem a little excessive these days

Withdrawal fee*   ฿0.0010 (฿0.0005 network transaction fee, ฿0.0005 to Havelock)

*Why do we charge a withdrawal fee?

For several reasons...

• To to support the bitcoin network and miners

• To ensure the network processes our transactions in a timely manner

neither of these two reasons justify havelock taking 0.0005BTC is it not about time this half of the fee was dropped?
timewaster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:30:18 PM

Email Settings Save Failure

I keep getting this error when trying to opt-out of emails. With three emails being received for every public offering, it's getting spammy.  Undecided
timewaster

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:52:25 PM

Gave it another try and it worked. My problem was I was just unchecking all the boxes but the 'Withdrawals from my account' notification is required.
triptamine

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:45:17 AM

Would it be possible to get a comment from Havelock regarding the hearings in NY and the projected way forward for the exchange?

The regulators sounded rather hawkish with regards to Bitcoin security exchanges and although this all went down in the US, and Havelock is based in Panama, we all know very well that the US government isn't exactly famous for minding their own business.

How does Havlock intend to deal with potential problems/threats thrown their way from the US (I am particularly worried about the lack of proper client identification)? I am based in Europe, but i suspect most of the clientele on the website are in the United States so I would not be the least bit surprised if Uncle Sam now wants to stick his nose right up into Havelock matters.

Thoughts?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:21:18 PM

Noticed a support desk url was added to the main page nice

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:57:56 PM

Why did you remove the price from the top of the page?
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:37:51 PM

Why did you remove the price from the top of the page?

We are working on adding a different ticker.

junkonator

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

down :/
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:05:54 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 09:19:09 AM by bitcoin.newsfeed

Havelock, is your exchange affected in any way by recent malleability issue? Yes-No

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:47:16 PM

Here at Havelock we take security issues very seriously.

We have never had any issues with users that enabled 2FA on their account. We have contacted the person that has made the claim that is account has been compromised and are looking to resolve the matter has soon as possible.

Trying to balance ease of use and security is never easy, especially in the Bitcoin realm. We can always add additional security features but those will always slow down the user experience.

So we turn to you, our valued customers, what features would like us to add to our platform?

1. Confirmation email before any action is taken; some but not all actions.

2. Pending withdrawal of your Bitcoins; time lock?

3. Lock account by IP address?

We always value your opinions and we strive to serve the Bitcoin community to the best of our ability.

Also we can assure everyone that it was not an "inside rogue employee"

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

This is the Asciminer thread so we should probably move this discussion over to havelock exchange, although if you remember Havelock suggestions have been made in the past, had these been implemented this sort of thing could not so easily happen
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135035.msg3661143#msg3661143

withdrawals should be locked to a specific BTC address and multisig should be signed for share transfer. This would at least stop funds leaving the accounts. YOU WERE WARNED.

Copied here as it's the relevant thread. These issues were pointed out in NOVEMBER.

On a side note, If I were in Havelocks position now I would be experimenting on ways to migrate their centralised exchange model to a decentralised open transactions model. Its is only a matter of time before your business model is made redundant, why not be the first company to make the switch?
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:46:21 AM

We have never had any issues with users that enabled 2FA on their account. We have contacted the person that has made the claim that is account has been compromised and are looking to resolve the matter has soon as possible.

Trying to balance ease of use and security is never easy, especially in the Bitcoin realm. We can always add additional security features but those will always slow down the user experience.

So we turn to you, our valued customers, what features would like us to add to our platform?

We always value your opinions and we strive to serve the Bitcoin community to the best of our ability.

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

This is the Asciminer thread so we should probably move this discussion over to havelock exchange, although if you remember Havelock suggestions have been made in the past, had these been implemented this sort of thing could not so easily happen

withdrawals should be locked to a specific BTC address and multisig should be signed for share transfer. This would at least stop funds leaving the accounts. YOU WERE WARNED.

I second the idea of having a fixed withdrawal-adress! Maybe have a two week time-lock and an email notification if you want to change the adress afterall.

This would impact the ease of use in a minimal way, while dramaticly enhancing the security.

bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:32:51 AM

I would also love to see fixed withdrawal-adress as i was suggesting this months ago.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 01:33:39 PM

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

I second the idea of having a fixed withdrawal-adress! Maybe have a two week time-lock and an email notification if you want to change the adress afterall.

This would impact the ease of use in a minimal way, while dramaticly enhancing the security.

Also, if the fixed withdrawal address is not mandatory, we need to also have an external wallet address that users set for proof of ownership, like Bitfunder had, just in case something happens to Havelock.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

To pick this up:

Is 2FA disabled when you request a new password? I don't think so.

But in case of Google Mail you could have control over the 2FA authenticating entity...

This is to my best knowledge not possible, see also:

http://www.howtogeek.com/130755/how-to-move-your-google-authenticator-credentials-to-a-new-android-phone-or-tablet/

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

Also, if the fixed withdrawal address is not mandatory, we need to also have an external wallet address that users set for proof of ownership, like Bitfunder had, just in case something happens to Havelock.

+1

I would also like to lock by IP and would like changes to these settings to take a fixed time period + require email confirmation if I so choose.

All optional of course.
havelock

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 07:56:57 PM

A few days ago user empoweoqwj claimed he was hacked on our site, even while he had 2FA enabled.

He has sent us emails to our support@havelockinvestments.com and we have been trying to reply to his emails directly. However for some reason (SPAM filtering, or his email account has been compromised) he has not received our replies. We have tried to reach out to him through the PM system through this forum as well, but have yet to hear from him.

empoweoqwj please feel free to contact us directly at any time at:

Telephone Toll-free Canada/USA: 1-866-978-8076
Telephone International/Panama: +507-832-2461

According to our own internal audit we have never had a 2FA account compromised. We offer a BTC10 reward to anyone that can repeatedly prove that he can hack an account which has 2FA enabled.

Havelock Investments

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:58:13 PM

A few days ago user empoweoqwj claimed he was hacked on our site, even while he had 2FA enabled.

He has sent us emails to our support@havelockinvestments.com and we have been trying to reply to his emails directly. However for some reason (SPAM filtering, or his email account has been compromised) he has not received our replies. We have tried to reach out to him through the PM system through this forum as well, but have yet to hear from him.

According to our own internal audit we have never had a 2FA account compromised. We offer a BTC10 reward to anyone that can repeatedly prove that he can hack an account which has 2FA enabled.

Havelock Investments

PLEASE enable 2 factor for things such as trading and withdrawing!
acorcos

Activity: 453

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:52:00 PM

Havelock Investments

Hmmm..... M. P. O. E. Sounds suspicious.
havelock

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 09:08:47 PM

[
PLEASE enable 2 factor for things such as trading and withdrawing!

We did. You are now required to enter your 2FA pin for withdrawals and to disable the 2FA feature.

Thank you,

Havelock Investments

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: