Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:28:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248022 times)
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:53:53 AM

It would be great, if there is an indicator for incoming transactions which shows that an incoming transaction was registred, has n confirmations and m confirmations are required until the coins are credited.

I could not find out how many confirmations are required in the first place. Also:

Code:
Please note: If you logout after depositing bitcoins, they will not appear until approximately 10 minutes after the next time you login.

Roll Eyes Wink

My last transactions took about an hour.

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:29:03 AM

Yeah that was a bit of a tense period. I dropped a test deposit in didn't see it. Figured the process took considerable time. Got impatient thinking this could take days so threw a chunk at the problem only to be left wondering where it went too.  Grin

It was a little relieved to see it pop out from cyberspace.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:22:01 PM

i've had some small transactions/deposits (0.03 - 0.07 btc) taking 15+ confirmations before showing up...just in the last week.

pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:27:08 PM

the deposit address is permanent right, it doesnt change to another one after deposit,i need to redo a deposit, dont want it too switch on me if the other deposit gets thr later.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:32:25 PM

the deposit address is permanent right, it doesnt change to another one after deposit,i need to redo a deposit, dont want it too switch on me if the other deposit gets thr later.

It CAN change, but rarely does... Smart money reloads the page to double check before sending  Wink
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:48:56 PM

You may want to have some information regarding the mechanics of dividend payment somewhere.
neptunus

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:09:09 AM

Had a password saved in the browser, logged just fine all this time, now today it returned me an error stating that my password is incorrect. Had both, 2FA and region lock enabled. Restored password... logged back just fine.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

Can I request an IP lock option and logging of account access (both options as per blockchain.info).

Also, all withdrawals or moving of shares within the system to be confirmed by both 2fa and email. Email confirmation should be required, or at least on by default.

Furthermore, proof of each user's funds on the blockchain at all times - see gmaxwell's suggestion or use another blockchain based method. External security audit on security and cold storage methods?

Security on Havelock is far from what it could be and for it to be trusted given other episodes this really should be high priority. It would also allow more users to come on board and more trades to happen.

It's time users pushed exchanges hard to get these things done. Some are harder than others but essentially there is no excuse. If they aren't being done, that would be worrying.

This is not a criticism of havelock as all such services have some growing up to do, but I am sure we would all like to know how security is being beefed up and have evidence that no fractional reserve is being used.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:01:45 AM

Option to lock a wallet address for withdrawals would be enough for me.
Clobered09

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:24:28 PM

I'm interested in some of the investment opportunities offered through Havelock, but I'm a little concerned.  Your organization refers to initial offerings as "IPO's", suggesting that you view these as publicly traded securities, but Havelock is not a licensed SRO in Panama, and these securities are not listed on the exchanges of any organization that is so licensed.  You also seem to make the offerings available to effectively anonymous investors, for amounts below the minimum investment level, and to more than 50 investors, which would inherently disqualify the offerings from any exclusion to the public registration requirements.  Despite this, none of the securities you offer are registered with SMV.  In fact, it seems the only related entity that is registered at all is "The Panama Fund, S.A.," but such a registration would not seem to absolve Havelock of its registration obligations or its licensure requirements under the securities laws of Panama or the promulgated rules of the Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores. 

What is the legal theory under which the 'exchange' operates without registering as such and creating and licensing an SRO component?  I'd like to believe this is compliant with the law, and I'd really like to invest, but I'm hesitant to put my money into something without understanding the legal ramifications of such investment.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:57:59 PM

Block access to trading bots.

Allow us to enter stop loss orders.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:59:12 AM

Block access to trading bots.
Why.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:09:58 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:21:18 AM by necro_nemesis

Because bots don't buy and bots don't sell. They fish for humans who buy and sell therefore add no volume to the market.

Bots retreat from the trade price at any opportunity thus widen the spread to remain lowest or highest only when obtaining their predetermined spread. The spread is in the bots best interest but it's not in the interest of the equity as an increase in the spread destabilizes confidence in the humans who make the actual trades. The end result of this artificial gap is less liquidity and fewer trades.

Bots are annoyance to those who truly are the market, the buyers and sellers when attempting to enter reasonable bids/offers. Allowing them to operate gives the perception of an immaturity of the exchange and reduces confidence in traders who end up feeling manipulated.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:25:52 AM

Because bots don't buy and bots don't sell. They fish for humans who buy and sell therefore add no volume to the market.

Bots retreat from the trade price at any opportunity thus widen the spread to remain lowest or highest only when obtaining their predetermined spread. The spread is in the bots best interest but it's not in the interest of the equity as an increase in the spread destabilizes confidence in the humans who make the actual trades. The end result of this artificial gap is less liquidity and fewer trades.

Bots are annoyance to those who truly are the market, the buyers and sellers when attempting to enter reasonable bids/offers. Allowing them to operate gives the perception of an immaturity of the exchange and reduces confidence in traders who end up feeling manipulated.
You do realise that bots are programmed by humans that tell them what to do, right?
Also do you realise that you can't really prevent a bot from being created, even if you do not offer specific APIs?
Finally, have you considered that there might be other ways to achieve the desired effect, other than the (not feasable anyway) "banning the bots"?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:33:05 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 01:38:39 PM by necro_nemesis

It's to the exchange to decide whether they feel it's in the best interest to allow them access. I have my opinion you have yours.

Recently as a result of bot interference I've witnessed larger trades being taken off the exchange and offered privately; an indication serious traders have no interest in playing in the bot kiddie pool when it comes to making large muscle movements. These aren't highly traded NASDAQ level 2 stock inputs where bots can hide in the weeds and the traders plow through them. IMHO the bots are sufficiently prevalent to push large players off the exchange and look for private trades.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:18:30 PM

Why is the site off line SO OFTEN Huh   

To add theatrical suspense. Grin
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:06:22 AM

Other than the time(s) when not accessible I have been quite pleased with the overall quality of this exchange.  Not to mention overall quality of listed assets!  Keep up the good work!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:08:46 AM

Other than the time(s) when not accessible I have been quite pleased with the overall quality of this exchange.  Not to mention overall quality of listed assets!  Keep up the good work!

ugh. times like... right now...

but yes, overall function is good - when it's working.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:18:06 AM

This may be obvious and I'm just missing it.

Where does one change their password?

What does the selection of public portfolio achieve?
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:03:27 AM

This may be obvious and I'm just missing it.

Where does one change their password?

What does the selection of public portfolio achieve?

The only way I found to do this was to go to the login page and use the forgot password prompt.  A little unclassy i'll admit but couldn't find another way ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: