Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:46:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248022 times)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 06:48:35 PM

This may be obvious and I'm just missing it.

Where does one change their password?

What does the selection of public portfolio achieve?

The only way I found to do this was to go to the login page and use the forgot password prompt.  A little unclassy i'll admit but couldn't find another way ?

That is how it was done before. Now that there is a FAQ, (in which it IS listed) there may be another way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clobered09

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:31:18 AM

Thought I'd post this here because I think it's important for investors to know.  I'm writing an article on crypto-investing for the end of law school, and I've talked to a few people on the issuer and intermediary side to get some perspectives, including Havelock.  So far, Havelock is the only one who has tried to double down on made up bs.  Everyone else gives their first argument about legality, most probably actually believing it, then for those that are clearly mistaken, they then respond with the practicality and libertarian argument.  Nothing wrong with that, they're not being deceptive or fraudulent, anyone that wanted to press them could have found this out and made their investment decision accordingly. 

Havelock, on the other hand, not only continues to maintain their legality in the face of crushing evidence against them, they then claimed to have sent my queries off to "legal" and that their responses were a lawyer's response.  They claimed their legal department, not a layman, had studied the law and that because bitcoin wasn't legal tender, it couldn't be considered an investment.  This is a common mistake non-lawyers make, Johns and prostitutes try it all the time, to no avail, but no lawyer practicing in securities law would make that mistake.  The first three words in the definition of financial transaction in the Panamanian law decree governing securities are "incluye todo valor" meaning "includes anything of value."  (For the curious: the first 140ish pages of this are the original law decree, there have been amendments, but none affecting this analysis: http://www.asamblea.gob.pa/APPS/LEGISPAN/PDF_GACETAS/1990/1999/23837_1999.PDF). 

I think most of us agree that the laws governing investment make it hard for smaller investors to take part, and crypto-investing, whether legal or not, lets consenting adults make their own decisions about what to do with their money.  But I think we can also agree that nothing excuses fraud or deceit, and that's what Havelock seems to have offered up.  Just another piece of information for those considering leaving their money with this exchange, the free market works best when participants aren't shackled by government or ignorance. 
DianaLime

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

I have been on havelockinvestments since the launch of NEOBEE on the site, and as an investor, I am very happy with Havelock vs BTCT / BitFunder back in the days.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:33:51 AM

Havelock rulezz  Cool

Although I would have appreciated a little bit more transparency regarding the concerns raised by Clobered09.
Choroid Plexus

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:59:31 AM

Hmm... so MP just published an email exchange he had with some SEC toadie who came enquiring after his MPEx customer records, specifically pertaining to Satoshi Dice.

Seems to provide confirmation of what many have suspected... that US SEC is coming after bitcoin securities.

http://trilema.com/2014/interacting-with-fiat-institution-a-guide/

What's everyone's thoughts on this?
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:01:11 AM

Keep your records. They may be looking for the three cents you made or lost some day.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:04:52 AM

Hmm... so MP just published an email exchange he had with some SEC toadie who came enquiring after his MPEx customer records, specifically pertaining to Satoshi Dice.

Seems to provide confirmation of what many have suspected... that US SEC is coming after bitcoin securities.

I luled so hard on MP's answers Grin

necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:16:55 AM

Polite, comprehensive and to the point.
Choroid Plexus

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:17:38 AM

Yeah, agreed. He went toe-to-toe with this lady. Pretty hilarious exchange.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:01:07 PM

TLDR version:

SEC Drone: Hi. Gimme all your SDice records, plz.

MP: Bitch, you ain't got nothin' to back your request up. Learn to legal, noob.

SEC Drone: Pretty please? I'm totes legit! See, I haz a SEC email *and* a phone extension!

MP: Bitch, we all gots emails and extensions. Unless you spittin' somethin' real, back da fuck up.

SEC Drone: But, I sent you a letter verifying my identity and supposed authority.

MP: Pssshhhhh we done. Git ghost, girl.

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:10:03 PM

Please adjust the network transaction fee, you can keep the fee for Havelock as it is, at least for me. Smiley
troc

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:58:49 PM

MP's style is not to everyone's taste. However it is good to see MPEX's dealings with the SEC in the open. I doubt if Havelock Investments or The Panama Fund will be equally as forthright.

There have been a number of good points, requests and queries raised publically by others in this thread ---let alone the SEC--- which should have been dealt with by now.

Let me add to these queries and yet again in contrast to MPEX; which has described diverse and resilient contingencies for operational continuity in a number of scenarios. Havelock Investments is especially fragile and vulnerable in this area (not only talking of httpd/cloudfail). How is this going to be changed ?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:01:34 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 04:49:34 AM by freedomno1

MP did the right thing the jurisdiction of the SEC does not directly enter into the Bitcoin sphere
Secrecy can be observed and rather than having these private conversations they should be transparent in their process
Governments thinking this right to intrusion is a default privilege of theirs and that they have by right the option to do so is not the approach they should be taking but one of cooperation in relation and pertaining to Bitcoin exchanges.
I appreciate Mirceas transparency and hope other exchanges such as havelock if ever given this type of false dilemma would be as transparent in their replies as MP was, in seeing the underlying premise and noting that their is a third option.

I'll borrow Rap News simply put no Orwellian State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o66FUc61MvU

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
investr

Activity: 222

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 06:48:12 PM

Anyone from Havelock care to explain themselves in freezing the COG asset with zero warning or reason? Is this the kind of behavior I should expect in the future? Do you have a policy or guidelines on what substantiates the freezing of an asset or on preventing a user from taking actions on the securities he/she owns?

Successful transactions: http://pastebin.com/GM27Ju59
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:36:56 AM

Anyone from Havelock care to explain themselves in freezing the COG asset with zero warning or reason? Is this the kind of behavior I should expect in the future? Do you have a policy or guidelines on what substantiates the freezing of an asset or on preventing a user from taking actions on the securities he/she owns?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.msg5898980#msg5898980

Last infos we have....

felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

site is incredible slow, regularly, over a month maybe, or longer.
it's almost unusable for the most time.

some thoughts? am i alone with this?
freemarketaussie

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

Hey yeah I'm having the same issue, the website is slow and doesn't seem to be working...
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:31:12 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 11:29:55 AM by necro_nemesis

It's looks to be DOA ATT.

Question whether this may be another DDoS attack given the poor performance. Last trade I see on shares I trade was 17 local it's now showing the sever at 06 local. This thing trades every few minutes not no trades in 13hrs. Screens don't even complete.

I remarked about poor performance before and it t was deleted by an admin. I hope this time they appreciate the gravity of the situation when it's discussing an exchange and preserve these posts.

FWIW I'm seeing similar issues with sites utilizing CloudFlare. It wouldn't be a first.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101407999
felente

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:15:32 PM

yes, i think (more and more) that this has something to do with cloudflare and ddos'es.
but it seems to be not ddos but more likely some new(?) art of it - "Distibuted Continious Interferring Of Service" (in waves), so to say Smiley and i mean it.
because sometimes, rarely, the site is really-really fast. so there should be no hardware problem and less likely - software problem... well, maybe, idk.

just one i do not understand - who needs this... aehm... questionably DCIOS? lol. no. really. gg.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:31:22 PM

AM had some news today and access to the exchange is the Achilles heel of doing anything about it. Not good. Not good at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: