Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Havelock Investments - Exchange feedback/comments  (Read 248023 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:12:42 PM

Why do some stocks have huge yield (over 500%) while others have the conservative ~4%? Does it factor down to risk vs. payoff?

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

Why do some stocks have huge yield (over 500%) while others have the conservative ~4%? Does it factor down to risk vs. payoff?

The formula is:

Annual Yield = (Annual Dividends/Share Price)x100

Annual dividends assumes last dividend.

So for a share that pays weekly:

Annual Yield = ((last dividendx52)/Share Price)x100

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:09:18 AM

The formula is:

and most with the high high yield are falling in price.  the lower the price goes, the higher the yield.  Hot Potato  Grin
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:03:48 AM

Mining bonds and the like are expected to yield less and less dividends over time, for example.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
sillywhim

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:03:37 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 02:48:54 AM by sillywhim

WATCH OUT WHEN PLACING TRADES WITH HAVELOCK:

Okay, so I'm a recent member of havelock and I was watching PETA being traded, having just killed a live chicken myself. I'll give a generalized example of the problem I witnessed:

ASKS (aka Selling) Column:

Date/Time   QTY         Price   Value
------------   10/10      0.14   ------
------------    5/5         0.146 ------
------------    6/6         0.15   ------

Okay. So I'm watching the Order Book, Bid/Asks and Recent Trades history.

...then someone puts in an order to BUY 1 share @ 0.15 price. On a normal exchange (nasdaq otc, etc.) given the data above, the exchange will fill this 1 BUY @ 0.14 price. In fact, on a normal exchange it would be IMPOSSIBLE to buy @ 0.15 if there are unfulfilled ASKs @ a lower price that would fill your trade order quantity.

But not Havelock. This exchange filled the order 1 BUY @ 0.15 price !!!! I saw this order being placed in the BIDs column and then immediately get erased and put in the RECENT TRADES history @ 0.15 price. All the while unfulfilled ASKs @ BELOW 0.15 price REMAINED on the order book.

THIS IS CRAP, of course.  I can see where Havelock would want to fill @ 0.15 for more commission but really, no self-respecting exchange would fill @ 0.15 when there are adequate ASKs at below this 0.15 price, namely @ 0.14 price.

So just a head's up for when you trade, you have to make your own market and put in an order appropriately. Usually when one places a LIMIT order, it is to indicate the MOST one is willing to trade at, NOT THE EXACT PRICE FIRSTLY!

It seems (supported by my eyewitnessing) that what appears to be a LIMIT order is anything but, and is thus deceitful in the least but pointing to fraud in fact. I've never witnessed this kind of behaviour in all my years of trading on exchanges.

I have this awful feeling that Havelock exchange will take your BUY price as some sort of first to buy @ price, and if your order is a partial fill, THEN AND ONLY THEN will it attempt to fill @ a lower price if there are existing lower ASKs, and the order will be filled @ the highest price under your order price, and work its way DOWN from there, not UP from the lowest ASK (if under your BID) per normal.

Dunno what is up with this Havelock exchange...?

WTF Havelock, WTF@@!!!
sillywhim

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:32:20 AM

...and what is with all these cloudflare timeouts? Is the actual havelock server that crappy?
junkonator

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:39:07 AM

Can anyone conirm this behaviour? sillywhim you said you SAW the order but you haven't actually done that yourself, correct? This could be the known lag on hl.
cinder

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:40:44 AM

The formula is:

How sustainable is the high yield stock?

Anyone actually making money betting on bitcoin company?
sillywhim

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:52:41 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 03:28:30 AM by sillywhim

Can anyone conirm this behaviour? sillywhim you said you SAW the order but you haven't actually done that yourself, correct? This could be the known lag on hl.

The pre-existing lower ASKs were there long before and REMAINED long after the fill @ 0.15. It wasn't done all at the same time.

UTTER CRAP from the Havelock "exchange". After I saw this happen, I practically fell off my seat.

Now that you know, you'll be a way way better Havelock trader. If placing a large order (or small one for that matter), hit the lower open ASKs first if buying or hit the higher open BIDs first if selling, else get ripped off by Havelock.

HAVELOCK HAS NO LIMIT ORDERS even though it may look like you're placing one.

In Havelock's defense, if you are tick trading (scalping) then yes, these "limit" orders will perform as expected, and your BID/ASK price will appear in the box as the market order price.

Just so long as you know.

As for scalping, it is already being done via API --I saw evidence of it during my session. Usually such trading is tempered by the flat rate charges per trade on a normal exchange that can usually only be overcome by direct brokers. No such restraints exists at Havelock sans the commission percentage which you'd gladly pay as it's a straight off the top percentage of your profits. In other words, you only pay something if you make more.

And if Havelock themselves are scalping, then we are all the suckers .
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

The pre-existing lower ASKs were there long before and REMAINED long after the fill @ 0.15. It wasn't done all at the same time.

UTTER CRAP from the Havelock "exchange". After I saw this happen, I practically fell off my seat.

Now that you know, you'll be a way way better Havelock trader. If placing a large order (or small one for that matter), hit the lower open ASKs first if buying or hit the higher open BIDs first if selling, else get ripped off by Havelock.
Huh?  I've placed plenty of orders at higher prices when I didn't want to do multiple orders to get my buy and I've never seen that behavior.  Always the lowest prices get sold first. 
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:05:19 AM

Huh?  I've placed plenty of orders at higher prices when I didn't want to do multiple orders to get my buy and I've never seen that behavior.  Always the lowest prices get sold first.

Me too !!!

sillywhim

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:37:27 AM

Huh?  I've placed plenty of orders at higher prices when I didn't want to do multiple orders to get my buy and I've never seen that behavior.  Always the lowest prices get sold first.

Me too !!!

I misspoke about my previous  Havelock trading observation. I just did both a Sell and a Buy away from market (Limit Order) and things worked both times as expected.

It must have been some aberration earlier. I apologize to Havelock for the besmirchment.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:35:06 PM

The formula is:

It might not be sustainable at all, you can clearly see the problem with this formula assuming only the latest dividend.

There's money to be made, but it's not easy...

cinder

Activity: 153

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:25:01 PM

The formula is:

It might not be sustainable at all, you can clearly see the problem with this formula assuming only the latest dividend.

Then it is a sucker game with negative expectation for holding stock.
DjPxH

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

The formula is:

Well it seems with even ASICMiner going down the river there's no more money to be made with bitcoin stock in the near future. There need to be new stocks that actually offer something that can work. The whole scene needs to mature. Also, Havelock needs to implement the long-promised "only-withdraw-to-this-addresss-address"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:23:12 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2014, 03:45:40 PM by hdbuck

The formula is:

Well it seems with even ASICMiner going down the river there's no more money to be made with bitcoin stock in the near future. There need to be new stocks that actually offer something that can work. The whole scene needs to mature. Also, Havelock needs to implement the long-promised "only-withdraw-to-this-addresss-address"

dude we are talking about real technological products here, things take time and arent 100%set in stone, you dont fuck*ng build the next major industry with short silly term views. havelock is doing a great job providing a plateform from the few manufacturers left that are keen to go public and be as transparent as they can.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:57:39 PM

...and what is with all these cloudflare timeouts? Is the actual havelock server that crappy?

Anyone who thinks Havelock is bad obviously wasn't around for GLBSE (trainwreck), Bitfunder (WeExchange load-through...wtf), or BTC-TC (quite good actually, around the level of Havelock).
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 03:40:57 PM

Anyone who thinks Havelock is bad obviously wasn't around for GLBSE (trainwreck), Bitfunder (WeExchange load-through...wtf), or BTC-TC (quite good actually, around the level of Havelock).

+1 if you unhappy with havelock, go on, make your own trading plateform..
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

Sure, we all bitch about the server getting overloaded. but its not like we've got the number of market participants of a Nasdaq/NYSE...there's a slim chance the timeouts are going to screw anyone on a trade.
DianaLime

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:25:32 PM

oh yes, I forgot about Havelock, how is this going?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: