Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:26:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Christians hate Atheists?  (Read 7315 times)
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:57:29 AM

From what I remember communists were really not that religious. But again, I'm not exactly sure about that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:57:43 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 02:09:25 AM by Moloch

I hate to break this to you, but Atheists do have a belief.... They believe there is no god and there is no almost atheist.

That is simply not true...

If you tell me that the Christian God exists, and I do not believe you... that does not mean I believe no gods exist

Atheism is not a belief that no gods exist... Atheism is the lack of belief in a god

The Nazi agenda, was not fueled by religion, it was quite the opposite and would see the decimation of millions; over ten million to be exact.

Stalin's Soviet Russia is another that had a great impact who would see millions also killed under his rule. This again, was practically Atheist. Karl Marx would write that religion was the opiate for the masses.

False, and irrelevant... you can't blame Hitler on Atheism, though there is a case to be made that Hitler was a Christian...

Have you read Mein Kampf?  Hitler often refers to his Christian religious beliefs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Quote from:  Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
   The political leader should not estimate the worth of a religion by taking some of its shortcomings into account, but he should ask himself whether there be any practical substitute in a view which is demonstrably better. Until such a substitute be available, only fools and criminals would think of abolishing existing religion.
Quote from: Adolf Hitler
Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:07:08 AM

I hate to break this to you, but Atheists do have a belief.... They believe there is no god and there is no almost atheist.

If you tell me that the Christian God exists, and I do not believe you... that does not mean I believe no gods exist

Atheism is not a belief that no gods exist... Atheism is the lack of belief in a god

You are thinking about Agnosticism - Gnosis is greek for knowledge and A+gnosis would be "No Knowledge" or simply put, "I do not know." This person is awaiting further evidence to allow them to properly decide to believe in god or even disbelieve. x or not x.

Atheism - Believes there is no god -- Regardless of proof or no proof.

and because I don't want to quote everyone.

Hitler was Catholic when he was younger. Hitler pushed for the elimination of Christianity. EDIT: Hitler wrote Mein Kampf when he was younger and by the end of the war, his views changed dramatically, I also didnt make the claim that it was purely based on Atheism. You are jumping the gun on argument.

Stalin's Soviet state was very much committed to the destruction of religion and even went about removing anything related to related to religion: churches, mosques, and temples. The schools also pushed the idea of Atheism and even promoted it as what society should follow. 12-20 million Christians killed as a result.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:14:15 AM

You are thinking about Agnosticism - Gnosis is greek for knowledge and A+gnosis would be "No Knowledge" or simply put, "I do not know." This person is awaiting further evidence to allow them to properly decide to believe in god or even disbelieve. x or not x.

Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about (why do Christians always think they know more about Atheism than an Atheist?)

Christians try to twist the definition of every word, this is nothing new... feel free to speak with BADecker about how little I give a fuck about what your personal definition of a word is...

You are correct about Agnosticism, Gnosis = knowledge, etc...  You can be an Agnostic Atheist, or an Agnostic Christian... the terms are not mutually exclusive (and any honest Christian is Agnostic... any Christian who claims to know for certain that God exists is either a liar or a fool)

Atheism falls into multiple categories...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

The most basic of which is a lack of belief in a deity... also referred to as negative Atheism, weak Atheism, or soft Atheism...

You are conflating soft/weak/negative Atheism with hard/strong/positive Atheism... but both categories are Atheists, I assure you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:31:33 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 02:42:29 AM by Moloch

Hitler was Catholic when he was younger. Hitler pushed for the elimination of Christianity. EDIT: Hitler wrote Mein Kampf when he was younger and by the end of the war, his views changed dramatically, I also didnt make the claim that it was purely based on Atheism. You are jumping the gun on argument.

Stalin's Soviet state was very much committed to the destruction of religion and even went about removing anything related to related to religion: churches, mosques, and temples. The schools also pushed the idea of Atheism and even promoted it as what society should follow. 12-20 million Christians killed as a result.

It simply doesn't matter... you can't blame war on Atheism...

It's not like you can even pretend that Christians are not solely responsible for the Dark Ages, Crusades, Inquisition, witch hunts, etc...

You clearly have not read rule #1 of using the internet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 02:34:24 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 02:47:36 AM by af_newbie

Soviets had few things that were progressive for their time: gender equality, elimination of racism, education, and yes, atheism.  They put emphasis on Math and Science education, so there was no room for religion in school curriculums.  Religion was viewed as an ancient relic (which it is).

Of course the way they went about destroying religion was brutal and inhumane.  They did it because they felt religion cult was in competition with their own cult.

Believe it of not, but Stalin's version of communism was like a religion.  They had a dogma, they had God like figure to worship etc., any opposition was eliminated or dealt with.  

Father Stalin was like God to many Soviet citizens.  Similar religion/cult is present in North Korea today.

So yes, they killed Christians, destroyed churches, but they did it because of Communism, a competing cult.

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:01:13 PM

Soviets had few things that were progressive for their time: gender equality, elimination of racism, education, and yes, atheism.  They put emphasis on Math and Science education, so there was no room for religion in school curriculums.  Religion was viewed as an ancient relic (which it is).

Of course the way they went about destroying religion was brutal and inhumane.  They did it because they felt religion cult was in competition with their own cult.

Believe it of not, but Stalin's version of communism was like a religion.  They had a dogma, they had God like figure to worship etc., any opposition was eliminated or dealt with.  

Father Stalin was like God to many Soviet citizens.  Similar religion/cult is present in North Korea today.

So yes, they killed Christians, destroyed churches, but they did it because of Communism, a competing cult.

So neither one better than the other.

They're all running for power - every which way they can find it.

valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:50:46 PM

Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about (why do Christians always think they know more about Atheism than an Atheist?)

Christians try to twist the definition of every word, this is nothing new... feel free to speak with BADecker about how little I give a fuck about what your personal definition of a word is...

You are correct about Agnosticism, Gnosis = knowledge, etc...  You can be an Agnostic Atheist, or an Agnostic Christian... the terms are not mutually exclusive (and any honest Christian is Agnostic... any Christian who claims to know for certain that God exists is either a liar or a fool)

Atheism falls into multiple categories...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

The most basic of which is a lack of belief in a deity... also referred to as negative Atheism, weak Atheism, or soft Atheism...

You are conflating soft/weak/negative Atheism with hard/strong/positive Atheism... but both categories are Atheists, I assure you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism

Well, I'm no perfectly sure with what you say.

For me an agnostic is someone that doesn't believe in God.
An Atheist is someone who believes there is no God.

So they are mutually exclusive in my opinion.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
eon89

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:53:41 PM

So an agnostic doesn't believe in God but must believe in something else, whatever that might be?
Otherwise if he doesn't believe in God or other gods he's an atheist?

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:11:29 PM

So an agnostic doesn't believe in God but must believe in something else, whatever that might be?

No. An agnostic doesn't believe in God. It doesn't mean he doesn't believe in something else, he might believe in nothing.
An Atheist believes that there is no God. The difference is subtle but important. Atheist refuses the idea that God might exists. Agnostic doesn't really care ^^

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

eon89

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:14:09 PM

No. An agnostic doesn't believe in God. It doesn't mean he doesn't believe in something else, he might believe in nothing.
An Atheist believes that there is no God. The difference is subtle but important. Atheist refuses the idea that God might exists. Agnostic doesn't really care ^^

So an agnostic might believe there is no God and also that there no other gods as well?
I see the difference - this would be an interesting topic indeed.

mainpmf

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:20:19 PM

So an agnostic might believe there is no God and also that there no other gods as well?
I see the difference - this would be an interesting topic indeed.

Not sure I understand you ^^
An agnostic doesn't know, know he doesn't know, and admit it's all impossible for him to know.
An Atheist believes there is no God. An Agnostic doesn't believe anything.

But the difference is really subtle and most people are Agnostic without even knowing it ^^

████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Bitguybillionaire

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:16:16 PM

Christians are a strong believer in god, so anyone who claims there is no god will probably cause some type of conflict between the two. They are literally total opposite of each other.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:26:51 PM

If it helps to confuse you even more...

I consider myself a Gnostic Antitheist...

I know that God does not exist, as well as anything non-mathematical can be known... The lack of evidence for God speaks even louder than the counterexamples do... If I were to put a number on it, I would say at least 99.9% certain... Given that reasonable doubt, according the the judge while I was a jury member, is in the range of 90-95%, my certainty goes well beyond a reasonable doubt

That's the Gnostic part...

The Antitheist mostly means (to me), that I believe religion is detrimental to society, and that we would be better off if had religion never been invented... As such, I actively fight against religious oppression of any form
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:40:16 PM

I know that God does not exist, as well as anything non-mathematical can be known... The lack of evidence for God speaks even louder than the counterexamples do... If I were to put a number on it, I would say at least 99.9% certain... Given that reasonable doubt, according the the judge while I was a jury member, is in the range of 90-95%, my certainty goes well beyond a reasonable doubt

The Antitheist mostly means (to me), that I believe religion is detrimental to society, and that we would be better off if had religion never been invented... As such, I actively fight against religious oppression of any form

Good definition, even if you make things even more complicated.
We could just call you someone who hates and despise religion ^^

I feel like being Agnostic is the only possibility for a reasonable man as it is without any doubt impossible to prove God doesn't exist and no proof of his existence can be found either. It means it's logical to keep your feet on the "we don't know and we can't know" line. But I perfectly understand the Antitheist part. People spit on Islam violence right now, but they forgot that the Dark Age of Christianity made the science progress go back to the 200's for nearly a millennia...

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:54:01 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2016, 07:08:17 PM by Moloch

Good definition, even if you make things even more complicated.
We could just call you someone who hates and despise religion ^^

I feel like being Agnostic is the only possibility for a reasonable man as it is without any doubt impossible to prove God doesn't exist and no proof of his existence can be found either. It means it's logical to keep your feet on the "we don't know and we can't know" line. But I perfectly understand the Antitheist part. People spit on Islam violence right now, but they forgot that the Dark Age of Christianity made the science progress go back to the 200's for nearly a millennia...

Except I don't hate religion any more than I hate HIV, or a cancer patient...

I see religion as an illness, and the people are sick... They need our help...

It is hard to think clearly when you have the flu... Isn't it nice when someone helps you while you are sick?  We can even provide medicine in the form of logic and reason and quotes from their own book, but recovery can take years

Religious people might not relate... They seem to think sick people are infested with demons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_bless_you#Origins_and_legends
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:55:37 PM

I don't hate atheists  Smiley
Betwrong
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2151

I stand with Ukraine.

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:18:04 AM

I only see hatred flowing in a single direction...

According to studies, an atheist is less trusted than a child molester
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/in-atheists-we-distrust/

Several US states have laws barring atheists from running for public office

Atheist are just like everyone else, except they don't believe in fairy tales... why is everyone so scared of atheists?

If it is really so that's a shame because true Christians should not force their religion on others, they should tolerate everyone's views as long as the views do not lead to killing human beings.  Am I missing something?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:53:33 AM

Except I don't hate religion any more than I hate HIV, or a cancer patient...

I see religion as an illness, and the people are sick... They need our help...

It is hard to think clearly when you have the flu... Isn't it nice when someone helps you while you are sick?  We can even provide medicine in the form of logic and reason and quotes from their own book, but recovery can take years

Religious people might not relate... They seem to think sick people are infested with demons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_bless_you#Origins_and_legends

Maybe in the future people having religion beliefs will be treated the same way schizophrenics are treated nowadays Smiley

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:12:39 AM

I don't hate atheists  Smiley

Well maybe you don't hate atheists but you're God do that's for sure...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: