Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:21:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 280 BTC total bets between Micon and mrb (are BFL ASICs real?)  (Read 46360 times)
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 06:08:25 AM

Awww did I hurt your widdle feewings again? 

Lets break your statement down for a second here, according to you, either one of two things is happening here:

A) I am a master manipulator and I use my wily skills to pacify all the BFL customers and "bully" them (and you) into doing what I want. 
or
B) I have no idea what I'm doing and somehow, against all odds, I've managed to get you, the famous Bryan Micon to "investigate" me and my company with your amazing deductive skills, thereby lending credibility and attention to BFL.

In case A) you are aware that I am manipulating you and yet you are still allowing yourself to be manipulated.  That makes you a tool.
Or in case B) I'm a complete idiot (according to you) and you are somehow unable to expose my lies and scams in any way, shape or form.  That makes you a tool.

You are allowing yourself to be willingly manipulated or you are unable to best a complete idiot with your massive intellect.  Good show, old chap!

Yes Bryan, you are truly a master of logical deduction, upstanding citizenry and intelligence. 

let's just go ahead and ignore those ramblings and see what you just posted here:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post15407

Quote from: josh zerlan
21 Feb 2013

The chips are still at the bumping facility. They are taking their time, much to our chagrin, to be sure we don't wreck one of the wafers with a failed bump. We are trying to determine if we need to physically go to the bumping facility and sit in someones office until it's done. We should hopefully have more information on that later tonight or tomorrow. If it turns out it would be efficacious, that's what we will do. However, perhaps my reputation will precede me and they will elect to get the job done and send the chips to the packaging facility instead of having me sitting in their office all day.

The good news is, we should be able to accelerate the second set of wafers as well as the bulk of the rest of the wafer run, allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected. This is still being negotiated, but things are looking good as far as that goes.

the levels of denial needed to get to this statement:

allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected.

must be mountainous.  To ship the product "en mass" even sooner than we expected would require a time machine.  you do not deal in reality, Josh.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Rick James

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:09:11 AM

Wait, how old are you?

So, about the box of fans. . . .. . .. .. . ....... .. . .. . . Huh
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:10:17 AM

I'm too busy trolling the forums that I forgot to follow up on the ASIC chips and the "bumping". Shit I gotta think of the reasoning for the next delay. Fuck.

oh yeah? lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:12:09 AM

Lets break your statement down for a second here, according to you, either one of two things is happening here:

A) I am a master manipulator and I use my wily skills to pacify all the BFL customers and "bully" them (and you) into doing what I want. 
or
B) I have no idea what I'm doing and somehow, against all odds, I've managed to get you, the famous Bryan Micon to "investigate" me and my company with your amazing deductive skills, thereby lending credibility and attention to BFL.

In case A) you are aware that I am manipulating you and yet you are still allowing yourself to be manipulated.  That makes you a tool.
Or in case B) I'm a complete idiot (according to you) and you are somehow unable to expose my lies and scams in any way, shape or form.  That makes you a tool.

You are allowing yourself to be willingly manipulated or you are unable to best a complete idiot with your massive intellect.  Good show, old chap!

Yes Bryan, you are truly a master of logical deduction, upstanding citizenry and intelligence. 

let's just go ahead and ignore those ramblings and see what you just posted here:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html#post15407

21 Feb 2013

The chips are still at the bumping facility. They are taking their time, much to our chagrin, to be sure we don't wreck one of the wafers with a failed bump. We are trying to determine if we need to physically go to the bumping facility and sit in someones office until it's done. We should hopefully have more information on that later tonight or tomorrow. If it turns out it would be efficacious, that's what we will do. However, perhaps my reputation will precede me and they will elect to get the job done and send the chips to the packaging facility instead of having me sitting in their office all day.

The good news is, we should be able to accelerate the second set of wafers as well as the bulk of the rest of the wafer run, allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected. This is still being negotiated, but things are looking good as far as that goes.

the levels of denial needed to get to this statement:

allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected.

must be mountainous.  To ship the product "en mass" even sooner than we expected would require a time machine.  you do not deal in reality, Josh.

Love it! Time machine generated asic chips!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 06:13:32 AM

Yeah, I'd want to ignore the fact that I was a tool as well, if someone pointed it out like that, too.

So how's that working out for you Bryan?  How does it feel to know, without a doubt that you are either being manipulated and are completely powerless to do anything about it or you are so utterly incompetent that you can't manage to expose the lies and scam that you believe BFL to be?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:16:17 AM

I'm still trying to think of a really really good excuse to delay shipping our "asic units". damn

Start thinking fast! Maybe your time machine statement might work...being that you "may be ahead of schedule"....perhaps you can go back to October 2012 and make the first deadline right? oh that would be awesome lol  Grin Grin Grin

you fail so hard lol!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:53:38 AM

becoin, can you send me the escrow code that casascius generated for you
I'm sorry, mrb, but I've deleted those PM's the same day I received them. I've warned you I'm not gonna play the little game of a betting junkie!

I'm not too familiar with casascius escrow tools but as far as I know you should be able to collect your funds by getting those codes from the escrow agent (casascius)? If he has also deleted his PM sent to me and lost them then your only chance is to contact forum admin and try to recover the deleted PM? Hopefully they keep some archive of all deleted PMs.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 08:58:22 AM

I'm not too familiar with casascius escrow tools but as far as I know you should be able to collect your funds by getting those codes from the escrow agent (casascius)? If he has also deleted his PM sent to me and lost them then your only chance is to contact forum admin and try to recover the deleted PM? Hopefully they keep some archive of all deleted PMs.

He wouldn't be much of an escrow agent if he randomly deleted escrow keys now would he!  I'm sure he still has them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 09:02:46 AM

Yeah, I'd want to ignore the fact that I was a tool as well, if someone pointed it out like that, too.

Seriously...  from the perspective of a third party you DO come off as quite a tool.  

And I'd not ignore that if I were you.

You are seem arrogant, cruel, never able to admit being wrong, prone to using "no YOU are" arguments and front a very uncool image.  

Any successful company will have some detractors.  How they handle the heat reflects their professionalism.  You act very immaturely in this regard.  You threaten and ridicule.

I said it before and I mean it.  If I had given you $1.2k or, god forbid, however much the box of fans costs (25k?) I would feel sick to my stomach every time you posted here.  

By the way... you are almost constantly accusing Micon of being anti-jewish.  I don't know for sure but I suspect there could be some irony here.

BTCOnetime

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 10:26:54 AM

WOW, ok, all I hear and see is bullshit slinging back and forth, no real answers to ANY real questions... It's just ridiculous at this point.  For the hundredth time, where is your proof Josh, send me the links, point me in the right direction... ragging on Micon and telling people they are blind, hurling insults at the non believers; this is not helping your case, and CERTAINLY doesn't count as proof or evidence that BFL has anything at all to offer the community, as you seem to think it does.   For the last time, WHERE IS THE PROOF, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?  I don't care what you think of me, or the rest of the BTC community that doesn't believe what seems to be lie after lie from you and your company, so stop feeding us lines and answer the real question here. Where are the ASIC's, where is the proof, where is the evidence?  Millions of dollars worth of paying customers deserve to know, and you refuse to answer...  I don't understand why, and if you're legitimate in any way, you will have no problem responding to this in something other than a defensive, mocking, insulting manner.  Show us the proof, show us the evidence.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 02:51:36 PM

becoin, can you send me the escrow code that casascius generated for you
I'm sorry, mrb, but I've deleted those PM's the same day I received them. I've warned you I'm not gonna play the little game of a betting junkie!

I will accept this as an indicator I should divulge the code:

einvbGg87t4Bxhiz82vs5tMmscvVpu84RM59Ts3dS9Hyvp9tVUcgN8NQvnRojkxy35zQzjxE8cgHamf GRQeDzu6C55rGnAMvN8DW8Z5rWH

einvbGg87t4Bxhiz82vs5tMmscvVpu84RM59Ts3dS9Hyvp9tVUcgN8NQv
nRojkxy35zQzjxE8cgHamfGRQeDzu6C55rGnAMvN8DW8Z5rWH

normally I would do this in private, but I don't anticipate public posting of this to be a security concern (it's 0.1 BTC at worst if it were, and only an issue if the other two codes were also public) I just wanted the process to be publicly visible just so others can understand my tool.

(both are the same code, I have just split one into two lines just in case the forum inserts invisible garbage in the one due to length... it must be rejoined as a single line to be used)

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 04:54:09 PM

WOW, ok, all I hear and see is bullshit slinging back and forth, no real answers to ANY real questions... It's just ridiculous at this point.  For the hundredth time, where is your proof Josh, send me the links, point me in the right direction... ragging on Micon and telling people they are blind, hurling insults at the non believers; this is not helping your case, and CERTAINLY doesn't count as proof or evidence that BFL has anything at all to offer the community, as you seem to think it does.   For the last time, WHERE IS THE PROOF, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?  I don't care what you think of me, or the rest of the BTC community that doesn't believe what seems to be lie after lie from you and your company, so stop feeding us lines and answer the real question here. Where are the ASIC's, where is the proof, where is the evidence?  Millions of dollars worth of paying customers deserve to know, and you refuse to answer...  I don't understand why, and if you're legitimate in any way, you will have no problem responding to this in something other than a defensive, mocking, insulting manner.  Show us the proof, show us the evidence.
If you really want the details, this thread is probably the last place you're going to find them.  The real paying customers are at butterflylabs.com, where BFL answers questions appropriately and gives updates as they can.

Regardless, I don't think BFL really cares all that much about proving things right now.  In 1-12 weeks, they'll ship out, and that's when people will see the proof they want to see.
BTCOnetime

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 05:55:44 PM

WOW, ok, all I hear and see is bullshit slinging back and forth, no real answers to ANY real questions... It's just ridiculous at this point.  For the hundredth time, where is your proof Josh, send me the links, point me in the right direction... ragging on Micon and telling people they are blind, hurling insults at the non believers; this is not helping your case, and CERTAINLY doesn't count as proof or evidence that BFL has anything at all to offer the community, as you seem to think it does.   For the last time, WHERE IS THE PROOF, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?  I don't care what you think of me, or the rest of the BTC community that doesn't believe what seems to be lie after lie from you and your company, so stop feeding us lines and answer the real question here. Where are the ASIC's, where is the proof, where is the evidence?  Millions of dollars worth of paying customers deserve to know, and you refuse to answer...  I don't understand why, and if you're legitimate in any way, you will have no problem responding to this in something other than a defensive, mocking, insulting manner.  Show us the proof, show us the evidence.
If you really want the details, this thread is probably the last place you're going to find them.  The real paying customers are at butterflylabs.com, where BFL answers questions appropriately and gives updates as they can.

Regardless, I don't think BFL really cares all that much about proving things right now.  In 1-12 weeks, they'll ship out, and that's when people will see the proof they want to see.

Well I don't expect an answer to my questions, as I don't believe there are any (answers).  Seeing as how this originated as a betting thread, I'd like to get back to it.  Would you like to make a wager Sgt?  I'm not BTC rich so it would have to be relatively small, but could we agree on an end point of shipping sometime within the 1-12 week time frame you mentioned?  If your not into it, I wont push it, but if you are I think we could come to some sort set of terms relatively quickly.  What do you think?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 06:04:19 PM

WOW, ok, all I hear and see is bullshit slinging back and forth, no real answers to ANY real questions... It's just ridiculous at this point.  For the hundredth time, where is your proof Josh, send me the links, point me in the right direction... ragging on Micon and telling people they are blind, hurling insults at the non believers; this is not helping your case, and CERTAINLY doesn't count as proof or evidence that BFL has anything at all to offer the community, as you seem to think it does.   For the last time, WHERE IS THE PROOF, WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?  I don't care what you think of me, or the rest of the BTC community that doesn't believe what seems to be lie after lie from you and your company, so stop feeding us lines and answer the real question here. Where are the ASIC's, where is the proof, where is the evidence?  Millions of dollars worth of paying customers deserve to know, and you refuse to answer...  I don't understand why, and if you're legitimate in any way, you will have no problem responding to this in something other than a defensive, mocking, insulting manner.  Show us the proof, show us the evidence.
If you really want the details, this thread is probably the last place you're going to find them.  The real paying customers are at butterflylabs.com, where BFL answers questions appropriately and gives updates as they can.

Regardless, I don't think BFL really cares all that much about proving things right now.  In 1-12 weeks, they'll ship out, and that's when people will see the proof they want to see.

Well I don't expect an answer to my questions, as I don't believe there are any (answers).  Seeing as how this originated as a betting thread, I'd like to get back to it.  Would you like to make a wager Sgt?  I'm not BTC rich so it would have to be relatively small, but could we agree on an end point of shipping sometime within the 1-12 week time frame you mentioned?  If your not into it, I wont push it, but if you are I think we could come to some sort set of terms relatively quickly.  What do you think?
I do believe they'll ship out soon, but I already wagered 20 BTC with Micon on it, and the other BTC I had has been sequestered for other uses.  I'm kind of BTC-broke right now.  Wink
BTCOnetime

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 07:37:32 PM

Understandable, what makes you think they will be shipping soon?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 07:52:46 PM

The updates they've given on the butterflylabs.com forum.  They have the chips now, it's just a matter of bumping, packaging, and assembling the units before they can ship.  Provided nothing goes wrong, it should be quite soon.  If something goes wrong, it could be another few months (hence the 12 weeks bit).  But I think there is a good chance they'll be shipping soon.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2013, 09:29:45 PM

The updates they've given on the butterflylabs.com forum.  They have the chips now, it's just a matter of bumping, packaging, and assembling the units before they can ship.  Provided nothing goes wrong, it should be quite soon.  If something goes wrong, it could be another few months (hence the 12 weeks bit).  But I think there is a good chance they'll be shipping soon.

don't you find it at least the slightest bit odd that they refuse to take pictures of the chips?  the bumping?  nothing?

posts like this must disturb even the strongest BFL supporter:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1034-february-14th-2012-update-discussion-thread-8.html#post15426

Quote from: Josh Zerlan

Yes, but I am not posting the timetable because it may change. I am very pleased with it, though.

Very pleased with the timetable? the timetable is well and fucked up by this point, we can all agree on that.  They also may ship sooner than expected, so that's good too.

I just realized that Josh's response to me calling him out on general bullying was to try and bully harder:

I don't think its gonna work Smiley

Seriously anyone down on the 3/20 3 customers rec'd bet?  I'm ready to do 10 more coins.  I have an escrow code from C.  Did you get one too SysRun?  let's book it!

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2013, 10:11:08 PM

The updates they've given on the butterflylabs.com forum.  They have the chips now, it's just a matter of bumping, packaging, and assembling the units before they can ship.  Provided nothing goes wrong, it should be quite soon.  If something goes wrong, it could be another few months (hence the 12 weeks bit).  But I think there is a good chance they'll be shipping soon.

don't you find it at least the slightest bit odd that they refuse to take pictures of the chips?  the bumping?  nothing?

posts like this must disturb even the strongest BFL supporter:  https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/1034-february-14th-2012-update-discussion-thread-8.html#post15426
Not at all.  The bumping is being done by a 3rd party company in California, and no BFL reps are over there.  How could they expect to take pictures of the process or the chips?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 12:20:10 AM

Not at all.  The bumping is being done by a 3rd party company in California, and no BFL reps are over there.  How could they expect to take pictures of the process or the chips?

Are you under the assumption Bryan is rational and able to think above a 2nd grade level?  That would be your first mistake if so... Bryan is emotionally and mentally at the stage of "The wold revolves around me and I will throw a fit when people don't do what I think they should do." (This is the same stage most 8 - 10 year old are at)  Just check out his conspiracy theories about how there's a world wide cabal of people working to stymie his reddit posts.

How's that investigation going Bryan, did you uncover anything yet?  You have yet to answer Bryan.  Are you so incompetent that you can't uncover any evidence of a scam from someone who you believe is an idiot or are you so gullible that you know you are being manipulated and can't do a thing to stop it? 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 12:40:39 AM

Are you under the assumption Bryan is rational and able to think above a 2nd grade level?  That would be your first mistake if so... Bryan is emotionally and mentally at the stage of "The wold revolves around me and I will throw a fit when people don't do what I think they should do." (This is the same stage most 8 - 10 year old are at)  Just check out his conspiracy theories about how there's a world wide cabal of people working to stymie his reddit posts.

How's that investigation going Bryan, did you uncover anything yet?  You have yet to answer Bryan.  Are you so incompetent that you can't uncover any evidence of a scam from someone who you believe is an idiot or are you so gullible that you know you are being manipulated and can't do a thing to stop it? 

I can only imagine what the harmonious home life of Josh Zerlan is like,  I'm sure it involves mostly green tea, meditation, and Oprah's Master Class on DVR.

Here is a talking point:

Butterfly Labs refuses to take digital pictures of their ASIC chips, now in the USA.  Josh Zerlan cites oddities like "BFL reps are not on site," as if the not 1 person in the bumping facility has a smartphone.  How can customers accept the fact that there are 0 pictures of the super-mining chips, 1 week after they arrived at the facility?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: