Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of escrow.ms? Update: Recommend users for DT 2, as escrow.ms is removed  (Read 19637 times)
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:55:39 PM

It's a common misconception that one's trust list is a list of people who you extra-special-trust. Really it's a list of people who you believe have given accurate ratings and will continue to do so -- it's not necessary to actually trust them all that much otherwise.
You need to trust someone on your trust list to an extent above giving accurate ratings. As you need to trust them enough to not give their own sock-puppets positive trust for fake trades, which could potentially create a false sense of trustworthiness.

Default trust & trust system are not the right name for this stuff, as I've said few months ago (maybe one day theymos will change the name).

Rename it to e-penis system. oh oh and leaving trust will be known as "giving a wank" Cheesy

oh and @mexxer: i can read your mind Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778

#Free market

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:03:41 PM

It's a common misconception that one's trust list is a list of people who you extra-special-trust. Really it's a list of people who you believe have given accurate ratings and will continue to do so -- it's not necessary to actually trust them all that much otherwise.
You need to trust someone on your trust list to an extent above giving accurate ratings. As you need to trust them enough to not give their own sock-puppets positive trust for fake trades, which could potentially create a false sense of trustworthiness.

Default trust & trust system are not the right name for this stuff, as I've said few months ago (maybe one day theymos will change the name).

Rename it to e-penis system. oh oh and leaving trust will be known as "giving a wank" Cheesy

Grin  nice name, send a PM to theymos !
mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:28:43 PM

Oh ma god, you know all my terrible secrets. How will I ever be able to manipulate you again?  Tongue
And "DT" members to be pimps I guess  Cheesy

P.S: Heck even mods get OT many times
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:25:14 PM

Started to rework my list. Like others, I was looking at adding users in the wrong way (based on trades). I based my additions on how much they help out and feedback left. I will likely be tweaking this list more very soon. I hope a semi-democratic list helps out around here. Seems like OgNasty being DT1 is pretty much useless according to Theymos's definition of how trust should work since his list is basicly empty?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:38:01 PM

Started to rework my list. Like others, I was looking at adding users in the wrong way (based on trades). I based my additions on how much they help out and feedback left. I will likely be tweaking this list more very soon. I hope a semi-democratic list helps out around here. Seems like OgNasty being DT1 is pretty much useless according to Theymos's definition of how trust should work since his list is basicly empty?

Well opinions is helpful, but at the end of the day you should shape your trust list according to whose ratings you trust. Although some members may add no value to the network by being in DT, that in no way means you should be forced to remove them
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:38:59 PM

Every person on my list was by my choice. The goal is people make suggestions for me to look at and make a decision.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:19:10 PM

It also might be a good idea to exclude some people on DT that have given out reputation loans/reputation ratings in the past, and who otherwise are not a good fit to be on DT, but are.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:40:27 PM

Seems like OgNasty being DT1 is pretty much useless according to Theymos's definition of how trust should work since his list is basicly empty?
maybe he is keeping it for a particular category,Like business and Nasty thing only.But Yes,not much contribution to the network.

make suggestions for me to look at and make a decision.
mexxer is destroying trillions of accounts ,Insta-remove him  Tongue Tongue

yo
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:48:17 PM

i followed my own advice and removed DT from my trust list and added some people i trust. now all the rating is see seem a bit strange so i put it back in... i think i will include some of DT even i have no clue who they are

mexxer-2 (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:49:09 PM

make suggestions for me to look at and make a decision.
mexxer is destroying trillions of accounts ,Insta-remove him  Tongue Tongue
Not even an hour has passed and I already have twothree people complaining, one ponzi promoter , another an account who claims to have been sold after the rating was received. Expect more of them, considering I am the only one in DT currently marking ponzi sites promoter/runner.

And well, if I get power-crazy Lutpin is there to keep me in check  Grin

i followed my own advice and removed DT from my trust list and added some people i trust. now all the rating is see seem a bit strange so i put it back in... i think i will include some of DT even i have no clue who they are
No, no mate. DT is ... training wheels, if you're "experienced" and visit and interact in marketplace significantly you should remove DT and include people you trust
whywefight
Legendary

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:53:01 PM

No, no mate. DT is ... training wheels, if you're "experienced" and visit and interact in marketplace significantly you should remove DT and include people you trust

Thats what i did. i might just get used to it how it looks like. even my own rating looks strange now.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 10:30:14 PM

LOL Many people have lost trust color..

lol...I just lost like 50 points of green. I think no one is above 300 now!

*lol* Not bad... Cheesy I did not check mine since I have many users on my personal trust list, so I lost focus on my trust that is showing up normally.

I asked myself if pm'ing users that can put one on default trust is a good idea, asking to be put on default trust 2, though I think that would not be appropriate nor really needed.

Edit: Meant level 2.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 10:35:00 PM

LOL Many people have lost trust color..

lol...I just lost like 50 points of green. I think no one is above 300 now!
Yeah, here's to hopin there will be a new DT 1 member who is active and has a well maintained trust list.

There have been several polls done over the years for that purpose. I am not sure if we need someone added or not honestly.

I always was wondering who gets on default trust 1. Probably only persons theymos knows personally? It's a lot of trust involved so it might be theymos is wary of adding more people because of the risk for his trust or so.

Edit: Only see now you mention being added on default trust so congrats.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 10:39:54 PM

Alright, so I was added to DT1 and am willing to add a few users if they truly deserve it (people I have overlooked). Feel free to make suggestions of people I should add (obviously I need reasons).

Edit: I will be very active with my list...
I hear that QS has been a pretty good Scam Buster in the past Smiley

You know how to give me a great laugh. Cheesy Though i think you did not mean that too serious anyway. It looks way too impossible anyway. Cheesy

Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:38:10 PM

@Blazed
Your list looks complete now Wink
Finally mexxer and lutpin can directly mark scammers red without asking other people to do it for them. Congratulations!
Maybe consider adding whywefight too? He has been active recently to organize and clean up the "digital goods" section.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:20:14 AM

Alright, so I was added to DT1 and am willing to add a few users if they truly deserve it (people I have overlooked). Feel free to make suggestions of people I should add (obviously I need reasons).

Edit: I will be very active with my list...
I hear that QS has been a pretty good Scam Buster in the past Smiley

You know how to give me a great laugh. Cheesy Though i think you did not mean that too serious anyway. It looks way too impossible anyway. Cheesy
I think I would be a good addition to the DT network, as I was in the past. I don't think you can deny that most of what happened with me was because of people's emotions getting the best of them. BadBear removed me because I was less then honest about being banned, and really removed me because of this post. Tomatocage removed me because he was under intense pressure by others to do so. Dooglus excluded me because he routinely does things to sites that allows him to steal money that is similar to what tspacepilot did to coinchat and does not want to endanger his reputation (he similarly excluded BAC when BAC called out dooglus for giving inside information re CLAMs).

There are a very small number of ratings in which other, reputable members have suggested that I should remove such negative ratings, and the single complaint about a positive rating was from someone advising that an account was recently sold. 
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:32:41 AM

Got to agree with Qs. He has been a really good scam buster and has helped the community a lot. He's still helping out now even though he's no longer on the DT network hence i think he deserves a spot too.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:41:25 AM

Not as impossible as you might think it is.

Maybe consider adding whywefight too? He has been active recently to organize and clean up the "digital goods" section.
whywefight actually does a great job regarding the "digital goods" section.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:46:50 AM

Got to agree with Qs. He has been a really good scam buster and has helped the community a lot. He's still helping out now even though he's no longer on the DT network hence i think he deserves a spot too.
Basically agree with QS too. But honestly, having mexxer and lutpin should be enough for now (IMO). There is no need for someone to neg-trust a scammer several times. If it's red, it's red.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:56:29 AM

There is no need for someone to neg-trust a scammer several times. If it's red, it's red.
Well, there are reasons.
One was described by qs and others quite often already. If a scammer gets neg-trust from only one user in DT (lets say, from qs back then), others think "hey, he already got neg trust"
and that one user then is removed from DT for some unrelated reasons (may it be pulling some questionable actions with his alts),
the red trust vanishes into the "untrusted" section and the scammer is free to have another shot.
With several DT users marking a scammer, that is less likely to happen.

Or to put it in the words of QS himself:

There were a number of threads created including this one and this one, and I want to say there was at least one more.
I know that cryptoforcause and several other of puzzel.me's alts "came back to life" shortly after I was removed from the DT network
I am not sure if he was inactive after I left him negative trust, however GamingOn has negative trust for deleting posts in a self moderated thread in which he was attempting to scam.
Turtlehurricane was found to be in default of 20BTC+ worth of loans
CEG5952 defaulted on a 1BTC+ loan that he took out not long after I was removed.
I want to say there are a few others as well, but I cannot think of them off the top of my head.
edit: I know that a couple of alts of moriartybitcoin that I tagged had attempted to purchase a number of websites (that would likely be used to scam).

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀