Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:13:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Bitcoins have Tax??  (Read 40149 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:55:37 AM

Tax free usage seems to be one among the major attention seeker, but when taxes were imposed sure government holds control over bitcoin. This will make it similar to other currencies, only it gets the digital form. Till date taxation is not possible with bitcoin transactions.

Governments won't ever have the ability to directly tax Bitcoin. It doesn't really matter what you are using. If you have something with value, then it simply adds up to your wealth. If it allows you to buy and sell with profits, then it is like you are making profit in general. In both cases you have to pay tax over what you hold and gained in profit. Name of the tool isn't important, the value that it holds is. Difference here is that Bitcoin simply allows people to hide a part of their wealth, where the government doesn't know who or what is holding which amount. They only know it if you declare everything in a honest manner. But who is gonna do so?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:01:42 AM

If ever the government will regulate bitcoin, it cannot still be fully regulated because we will continue to be anonymous since the system is designed to be decentralized, once decentralized it will connect us with being anonymous and maybe when the government will make strict polity towards it, people will not continue to support bitcoin.

At the most, the government can regulate the conversion of BTC to fiat, and vice versa. It is not possible for the government to monitor and regulate Bitcoin transactions from one wallet to another.

And that's the only way they can regulate bitcoin and I guess he is talking about the price movement of bitcoin and as well its transactions together with the production of bitcoin. But whatever it is, those exchange sites that are being registered to their local government are the ones who are responsibly paying tax for their profit in bitcoin, not bitcoin itself.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:17:03 AM

No bro it is a prohabited currency....So it is a tax free way Smiley Smiley
futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:50:51 AM

No bro it is a prohabited currency....So it is a tax free way Smiley Smiley

Yes, it's illegal currency it doesn't have any tax. And in future also I think it will take a long time to get approved by our all governments. Until and unless if we do not pay tax to government they will not accept this Bitcoin as a legal currency.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:54:49 AM

only goods and services get taxed. bitcoin is a currency only in digital form. governments are probably trying to figure out how to tax goods and services that are paid for in bitcoin...
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:10:03 PM

BTC Paying taxes on any earned income or anything with value is good. You can record all blockchain transactions showing proof. Pay your tithes, pay your taxes. BTC
but the government will not know how many bitcoin address you have mate and they will not know where is it your bitcoin address? bitcoin will never fit to apply the tax mate. so do not push it
but still as not a single country turn bitcoin as legal currency therefore there is no tax on it and if the government will consider bitcoin as legal currency then they will be thinking about and will be doing planing for it to impost tax on it.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:20:37 PM

BTC Paying taxes on any earned income or anything with value is good. You can record all blockchain transactions showing proof. Pay your tithes, pay your taxes. BTC
but the government will not know how many bitcoin address you have mate and they will not know where is it your bitcoin address? bitcoin will never fit to apply the tax mate. so do not push it
but still as not a single country turn bitcoin as legal currency therefore there is no tax on it and if the government will consider bitcoin as legal currency then they will be thinking about and will be doing planing for it to impost tax on it.

Yup, would never have made the Government's reason for bitcoin give tax to the user bitcoin. Because the bitcoin officially has not been accepted by most countries in the world, so if the Government imposes taxes to all users of the bitcoin then seconds was also that bitcoin is officially accepted by the Government. And it was the beginning where everyone will surely be more confident to use bitcoin, because indeed the Government indirectly accept bitcoin through enforcement of tax

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:31:50 PM

I guess this needs to be stated every page.  Roll Eyes
In the U.S. You absolutely owe capitol gains tax on any rise in price. No question at all about it.
https://www.irs.gov/uac/ten-important-facts-about-capital-gains-and-losses

And to clarify, the mining fee is payment for service and not a tax. Taxes are levied by governments. Bitcoin is not a government.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:05:42 PM

Bitcoins dont have taxes. But some countries are discussing on imposing taxes on bitcoin earnings.
Governments usually dont like bitcoin development since they loose their tax revenues due to bitcoins.
R3ffun

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:14:15 PM

Since bitcoin is an internet currency that can be turn into a actual money. And Bitcoin too is known on Government but still government can't observe bitcoin that good. So I'm thinking if Bitcoin has tax??

Edit:
Now I know that bitcoin doesn't have tax but Transaction does..
Where do these Tax go?Government? And what kind of tax is it??
ya , you alright . bitcoin does not have tax ..
because bitcoin not things can see real like bussines..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:52:26 PM

In the U.S. You absolutely owe capitol gains tax on any rise in price. No question at all about it.

And to clarify, the mining fee is payment for service and not a tax. Taxes are levied by governments. Bitcoin is not a government.

It's embarrassing to see how many people understand nothing about taxes. How do they survive in society not understanding their taxation responsibilities and why are more of them not in prison?

oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:19:05 PM

Since bitcoin is an internet currency that can be turn into a actual money. And Bitcoin too is known on Government but still government can't observe bitcoin that good. So I'm thinking if Bitcoin has tax??

Edit:

I am not a CPA, so this is a non-professional opinion.  You should act on advice from a tax professional.

I am an advocate/activist for small government.  Although not an anarchocapitalist, i am sympathetic to the anarchocapitalist perspective, and have many acquaintances who describe themselves as such.

That said, bitcoin transactions are definitely taxable in the US.

Based on Federal court rulings, BTC does not qualify as "money", but rather as an item of value.

It does not qualify as a "currency" in the way that most Americans trade FX (Secs. 1256 or 988 contracts or straddles), at least not yet.  But there will probably be BTC futures trading on the CME by the end of Q1 2017.

Holding BTC and then making a transaction triggers a capital gain.  To be conservative, you should use first-in-first-out (FIFO) accounting.

It may not seem right or fair, but the tax liability exists whether or not you pay it. 

I would prefer to pay taxes as the liability accrues rather than having to pay fines later, or be accused of willful evasion of taxes.

carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 09:43:08 PM

It's embarrassing to see how many people understand nothing about taxes. How do they survive in society not understanding their taxation responsibilities and why are more of them not in prison?
actually in most cases the government are receiving taxes by applying it directly on our salary an other product we do not pay tax naually therefore most of the people have no idea about the tax they are paying to the government.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:34:54 PM

I guess this needs to be stated every page.  Roll Eyes

actually in most cases the government are receiving taxes by applying it directly on our salary an other product we do not pay tax naually therefore most of the people have no idea about the tax they are paying to the government.

That's the way it works in the USA too. I don't know where you're from but here we are expected to reconcile that every April. It is true that many people here trust a business to do that for them. That business really doesn't care how much of their money they keep. It's so stupid but people are lazy.

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:53:08 PM

Bitcoins dont have taxes. But some countries are discussing on imposing taxes on bitcoin earnings.
Governments usually dont like bitcoin development since they loose their tax revenues due to bitcoins.

The question and the answer show a bit of miss understanding, the equivalent would be like saying (about bitcoin the currency not Bitcoin the protocol) does USD have taxes? well... USD the currency in and of itself has no taxation depending on the territory or it has strict foreign exchange policies and stringent taxation again depending on the territory.

The same applies to bitcoin, in and of itself the technology is what it is. But governments treat it differently all around the world.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
agamasrori

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:38:10 AM

There is a country that try to take the tax from bitcoin, the government try to collect 8% of bitcoin that their people bought from their legitimate place. But the people are disagree with that. Anyway people can buy bitcoin anywhere they wants which no tax on it.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 03:30:30 AM

Edit:

I am not a CPA, so this is a non-professional opinion.  You should act on advice from a tax professional.

I am an advocate/activist for small government.  Although not an anarchocapitalist, i am sympathetic to the anarchocapitalist perspective, and have many acquaintances who describe themselves as such.

That said, bitcoin transactions are definitely taxable in the US.

Based on Federal court rulings, BTC does not qualify as "money", but rather as an item of value.

It does not qualify as a "currency" in the way that most Americans trade FX (Secs. 1256 or 988 contracts or straddles), at least not yet.  But there will probably be BTC futures trading on the CME by the end of Q1 2017.

Holding BTC and then making a transaction triggers a capital gain.  To be conservative, you should use first-in-first-out (FIFO) accounting.

It may not seem right or fair, but the tax liability exists whether or not you pay it. 

I would prefer to pay taxes as the liability accrues rather than having to pay fines later, or be accused of willful evasion of taxes.

so you're saying that bitcoin is a commodity much like gold, oil, and copper... i've always thought of bitcoin as a currency and so i've voiced opinions that taxes should not be imposed on it but on services and goods that accepted it as payment. your perspective though has helped me gain more insight about bitcoin. i have much to learn.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 03:44:35 AM

Depends on the country you are living in. Many countries impose conversion as well as income taxes on Bitcoin. Which is not good actually coz the more governments interfere in Bitcoins, the less popularity Bitcoin will have. Undecided

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:32:43 AM

Depends on the country you are living in. Many countries impose conversion as well as income taxes on Bitcoin. Which is not good actually coz the more governments interfere in Bitcoins, the less popularity Bitcoin will have. Undecided
I think of the opposite side, once the government interfere that means it has risen to the level of big popularity and they must regulate it as it has already threaten the them.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:01:47 PM

Some governments are trying to regulate the bitcoin and tax is part of these regulations. But I think it most cases they don't put the taxes on bitcoin itself but on trading with it and other business related to bitcoin. So if you are trader on localbitcoins you have to pay taxes and if you are just holding them.in your wallet you don't.

malaj
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: