Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:30:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It looks like BFL is screwing everyone over!  (Read 4458 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 04:51:11 AM

You can't treat that video as a valid interview, and you know it! Micon was sneaking into CES with forged passes, ...
Does it matter? How would an "official" press pass have made things any different?
... and had been screaming at and swearing at a BFL rep the day before.
This is what Josh claims (Bryan disagrees). Do we have (video) proof? No!

Josh also said Bryans video was edited and that BFL has made their own video and that he will publish it. Did not happen.
(@Josh: Where is your video?)

So I have to go with the evidence. And that's Bryans version.
Alright lets go be the evidence in the video. Josh immediately recognizes Micon, which should be clue #1 that they've had previous encounters, and gives him a quarter to "find a clue". Kinda rude behavior, but almost completely unexpected. Josh has been like that countless times here on the forum, and in general has very little tolerance for people that have no interest in becoming customers, and are simply trolling.

Then Micron moves onto the BitPay guys. He then proves himself to be the world's worst interviewer. He talks and talks and talks, giving them 3 seconds to answer half of the 17 questions he just asked them. Then he interrupts them to blabber on and ask 15 more questions. Seriously, watch the full "interview" with the guys from BitPay. It's terrible. It's blatantly obvious that the only reason he's interested in them is A) make it seem like he's there for a legitimate reason and NOT there to solely troll BFL, and B) compare BFL financials to BitPays, which he's totally off on. He then ends the video completely astounded that BFL has actually made money (even if he has the wrong amount)!

TL;DR Josh was the one being unprofessional, but Micon was the one who was being an idiot and a tard.

Micon hasn't promised anything to anyone. Nor has he taken millions in pre orders. Josh has.

Your point? Stop diverting attention away from JOSH being a scummy fuck.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 05:47:46 AM

You can't treat that video as a valid interview, and you know it! Micon was sneaking into CES with forged passes, and had been screaming at and swearing at a BFL rep the day before. He was then kicked out! Then he sneaks in the next day and makes that video. It's a troll video, and I'm surprised Josh didn't call security when he showed up.
PROVE THE BOLDED SECTION!. MICON POSTED A VIDEO WITH PROOF! NOW YOU DO THE SAME. PROVE IT. GO GET JOSH TO GIVE YOU PROOF OR STFU! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Umm I wasn't at CES with my camera, so that'd be kinda hard. We have Josh's quote describing Micon's behavior, which Micon has yet to deny, IIRC. Micon's video "proof" just proved how retarded he was. He didnt post a single scrap of information about Josh or BFL that couldn't be gathered here on the forums. Also, I think your caps lock is broken.

TL;DR Josh was the one being unprofessional, but Micon was the one who was being an idiot and a tard.
Micon hasn't promised anything to anyone. Nor has he taken millions in pre orders. Josh has.

Your point? Stop diverting attention away from JOSH being a scummy fuck.
I don't see how Josh's work with BFL has anything to do with the fact that Micon is a fucking idiot. I admitted right in the part you bolded that Josh was not exactly professional, but the two are very separate issues. You really couldn't comprehend that from my post?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:11:30 AM

Haha. Great video. Really makes me want to give money to a company that would out someone like Josh out in front of their booth. Any self-respecting company would drag his ass in and straightened him out.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
hackjealousy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 06:22:54 AM

Nor am I the CEO and I am not taking bets...

You should actually take that bet.
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 01:22:36 PM

So I have to go with the evidence. And that's Bryans version.

The only real "evidence" we have is the contents of the video.

Sharp cut to BFL's table. He introduces himself, he asks what the box is, and you'll notice that Josh doesn't then say "it's the mini rig case". He pauses, clearly bothered by something...why would someone get confused or annoyed over a question about a product they are showing off? Within 20 seconds of Bryan appearing, he's already clearly annoyed. Why would this be?

Here's a theory:

Quote from: possibly Josh's brain
Oh fuck, it's that guy from yesterday. WTF is he doing here again? I'll try to be civil...
Why the fuck is he asking about the box AGAIN? I've had enough of this...ENTERING RAGE MODE.

That would explain Josh's behavior, more or less.

Here's Bryan's apparent explanation:

Quote from: probably not Josh's brain
SOMEONE'S ASKING ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS
FUCK HIM
FUCK ALL THE CUSTOMERS
HOW DARE HE, I BETTER CALL HIM STUPID...THAT'LL MAKE HIM ORDER FOR SURE

That...doesn't seem very likely, does it?

Ironically, Bryan's video heavily supports what Josh has said.

I agree with this analysis.
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 01:25:16 PM

JOSH being a scummy fuck.

Why do you think that?
Cobra

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:04:36 PM

All of these ASIC hardware projects and even the fpga versions seem like excellent candidates for Kickstarter to raise capital to fully develop the product versus "pre-sales" which implies the bulk of the development has been completed and the product is closer to shipping. These projects really start to blur the line of a pre-sale where a few months of waiting for a product to ship would be typical. The initial ASIC announcement should have been delayed slightly until things had progressed a little further with confirmed component availability.

Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:29:50 PM

I told everyone a looooong ass time ago that their company is famous for not shipping things on time.  Now with ASICs it's 100x more important to pretend to be the first one to ship it.  The first ASIC to come out is the one that'll get all the business.  So I believe they said the end of November 2012 was their ship date just to drive up a crap ton of pre-orders.  It looks like they got at least 80% of all ASIC business in pre-orders at last count.

Now that they've got everyone's money, they're taking as long as it actually takes for a tiny company to design, assemble, test, and write software for a device like that.  They knew they were lying the whole time.  I wish I had a quote from their website in 2012 that basically said that's what they were doing.  It was something like "we've had problems shipping products on time in the past but we'll try our hardest to ship at our anticipated date.  With new technology, blah blah blah, it might not."  Red flag much?  Oh and their CEO is a convicted scam artist so lying to people on the internet isn't exactly hard for him.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:03:47 PM

I told everyone a looooong ass time ago that their company is famous for not shipping things on time.  Now with ASICs it's 100x more important to pretend to be the first one to ship it.  The first ASIC to come out is the one that'll get all the business.  So I believe they said the end of November 2012 was their ship date just to drive up a crap ton of pre-orders.  It looks like they got at least 80% of all ASIC business in pre-orders at last count.

Now that they've got everyone's money, they're taking as long as it actually takes for a tiny company to design, assemble, test, and write software for a device like that.  They knew they were lying the whole time.  I wish I had a quote from their website in 2012 that basically said that's what they were doing.  It was something like "we've had problems shipping products on time in the past but we'll try our hardest to ship at our anticipated date.  With new technology, blah blah blah, it might not."  Red flag much?  Oh and their CEO is a convicted scam artist so lying to people on the internet isn't exactly hard for him.

+1

Don't forget their "honest abe" faq. What a bunch of bs artists.

Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:33:14 PM

lol, indeed. Copied and pasted from their FAQ, January 17th, 2:32PM central time GMT-6:

We cannot disclose the number of orders we currently have.  Shipping of new units is still anticipated to being late November or early December. We are unable to predict accurate wait times until shipping begins
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:47:33 AM

You can't treat that video as a valid interview, and you know it! Micon was sneaking into CES with forged passes, and had been screaming at and swearing at a BFL rep the day before. He was then kicked out! Then he sneaks in the next day and makes that video. It's a troll video, and I'm surprised Josh didn't call security when he showed up.
PROVE THE BOLDED SECTION!. MICON POSTED A VIDEO WITH PROOF! NOW YOU DO THE SAME. PROVE IT. GO GET JOSH TO GIVE YOU PROOF OR STFU! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Umm I wasn't at CES with my camera, so that'd be kinda hard.

Josh could prove it. At least that's what he said here:

I can't wait to see the video you post of me telling you to take a hike.  BTW, if you try to edit it, I have an unedited video available to show what a douchebag you are.

Josh never published his video. Which means that a) it does not exist - or b) shows exactly the same as Micons video.

Josh simply is a scumbag. End of story.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 01:52:18 PM

Frizz23 I got a question for ya.

Do you have any ASIC orders? Any orders with BFL?

Just curious.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
nathanrees19

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 02:10:02 PM

Josh simply is a scumbag. End of story.

who cares

I only care about whoever can deliver ASICs with the lowest power consumption.
R04dRunn3r (OP)

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:10:26 PM

I KNOW at least two of you are Frizz23.
[/quote]

No it's actually five of us.

R04dRunn3r, Frizz23, Yip, Yip (again) and DobZombie Cheesy
[/quote]

Sure buddy, you wish you were me!

After reading most of the reactions and seeing that video I support BFL, that video was lame, made no sense at all. I Would have pretty much reacted the same as that guy from BFL (Josh?), If somebody asks questions like that, that's just stupid.

I will wait on my hardware, It's going to be worth it and I still believe in BFL that they will in they end deliver a quality product that will do a hell of a job mining bitcoins.

Any way, I'm getting a bit restless, need some new mining hardware, the "Bitcoins mining virus" really got a hold of me. I'm just doing it for the fun of it. Barely making 6 dollar a day, +/- 2500 Mhs :-(
Need way more for a fraction of the power consumption. Still mining on GPU.
About 1000 watts of extra electricity every hour all the time :-(
Temps are going to the roof, having free heating in my house :-) sort of.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:10:45 PM

Frizz23 I got a question for ya.

Do you have any ASIC orders? Any orders with BFL?

Just curious.

Yes. With BFL, Avalon and bASIC.

What about yourself?

As for BFL: I don't believe they are complete scammers. I only think they are utterly incompetent and have a terrible "information policy" (aka lie to the community). Eventually they will ship. One day ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
miner2049

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 07:38:27 PM

The way BFL does business is not done, You can't keep making promises and think you can get away with it.

BFL does not like questions like this. It's more like with religion: You just have to believe.

If not, than this happens: Guy asking Josh/BFL about the ASICs
No, No! Here Josh explains everything fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SnUObMd0o

LOL!  I love his explanation.  If people start to get them, then I'll get one.
uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:50:24 PM

The way BFL does business is not done, You can't keep making promises and think you can get away with it.

BFL does not like questions like this. It's more like with religion: You just have to believe.

If not, than this happens: Guy asking Josh/BFL about the ASICs
No, No! Here Josh explains everything fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SnUObMd0o

LOL!  I love his explanation.  If people start to get them, then I'll get one.

Fantastic vid!

Seriously though, Who gives a shit what Micon said or did....
This is a trade show...

If you can't even act professionally at a trade show then you're fucked.

The video is damning. It doesn't even matter if Micon was a bit of a dick (which I personally don't he was. I think he may of done BFL's customers a favour). This is the most unbelievable PR fail. Its absolutely disgusting behaviour.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: