Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:28:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to quit Gambling for good?  (Read 69090 times)
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 12:58:25 PM

How does one Put down Gambling for good?

Focus yourself on other things. If your reason only to gambk8ng is that you want to earn or to have income you must focus on other things as well as find some stable jobs so that you don't need to put all of your money to gambling and you dont need to lose and lose again and again. Find yourself a stable and good job.
well that's right instead of thinking for an easy way to earn why not find a good job and use your time in a proper ways, like spending your time with your love ones or with your friends which can allow you to quit with your gambling activity.
Divert your attention to what really matters you and for most of us family is our main priority because we live for them also.
Having a problem is normal and regardless how big or small it is, the important thing is we have to accept and seek the help of the people who really cares for us, and also that problem like gambling addiction will never vanish if we will not change our interest in life, you need sacrifice to be able to quit.

There are people that have broken family ties due to gambling addiction - the best thing to do then is patch up those gap with family and loved ones and gain strength from them. Family support system is essential to overcome in some troubled times.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:51:21 PM

Focus yourself on other things. If your reason only to gambk8ng is that you want to earn or to have income you must focus on other things as well as find some stable jobs so that you don't need to put all of your money to gambling and you dont need to lose and lose again and again. Find yourself a stable and good job.
well that's right instead of thinking for an easy way to earn why not find a good job and use your time in a proper ways, like spending your time with your love ones or with your friends which can allow you to quit with your gambling activity.
Divert your attention to what really matters you and for most of us family is our main priority because we live for them also.
Having a problem is normal and regardless how big or small it is, the important thing is we have to accept and seek the help of the people who really cares for us, and also that problem like gambling addiction will never vanish if we will not change our interest in life, you need sacrifice to be able to quit.

There are people that have broken family ties due to gambling addiction - the best thing to do then is patch up those gap with family and loved ones and gain strength from them. Family support system is essential to overcome in some troubled times.

I agree though it would be hard to patch things up with them first before quitting since gambling is the reason why things needed patching up in the first place. You have to first let go of what made things bad for you and your family so its important to know which things you value more. Once you realize that gambling isn't as important as having your family's trust and love, then you use that as a motivation to quit. Then you can say to your family that you're ready to patch things up with them

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Fishmaster23

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:52:25 PM

I agree though it would be hard to patch things up with them first before quitting since gambling is the reason why things needed patching up in the first place. You have to first let go of what made things bad for you and your family so its important to know which things you value more. Once you realize that gambling isn't as important as having your family's trust and love, then you use that as a motivation to quit. Then you can say to your family that you're ready to patch things up with them
It seems to me that the dependent gambler is already a drug addict. It is very difficult to understand such a person and fix his future destiny. Some people do not even have a family because their obsession with gambling is very strong.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:10:38 PM

In order to quit gambling for good you need to have a good and stable income or job because ofcourse the main reason why you are gambling is that you nned some income. Gambling is good and not bad yet it is not good to always depend on it because sometimes gambling isn't good and isn't fair in terms of income.
to me i think still there are people who have a lot of money and having good job but still they play gambling, therefore in most cases money is  not the issue. but you nee to have such activity where you do not feel the need to play gambling.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 08:53:07 AM

But then there are other ways to earn money and gambling is the least important of them. We can spend our time on learning new things and honing new skills and work on them to get ourselves a job and a decent earning. Then maybe one can also setup a new business as well. Gambling is for entertainment and not for earning purpose. If one is addicted to gambling then they need to abstain from it if they want to survive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:04:22 AM

But then there are other ways to earn money and gambling is the least important of them. We can spend our time on learning new things and honing new skills and work on them to get ourselves a job and a decent earning. Then maybe one can also setup a new business as well. Gambling is for entertainment and not for earning purpose. If one is addicted to gambling then they need to abstain from it if they want to survive.

Gambling should only be for fun and entertainment, period. I have a friend who owns a restaurant and lodging house and was earning pretty well but due to his gambling addiction, he is now is hard financially. I even saw him giving away fliers for some products that pays only little commission if someone buys from him.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 04:33:33 PM

The only way to quit gambling for good is to eject it from your everyday life, don’t think you can control it, that is just an illusion, forget about it, stop gambling and begin to do other stuff to entertain you.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

Just do other things in your spare time, do not gamble, go play another game online or something buy a PlayStation.
You just need to stay busy with friends/family and remove all bookmarks of your computer/laptop.

Avoid any type of Games which Comes online ,

I will suggest to go on vacation and Get mind fresh , MaritiJames3 point is right try to spend time with your family
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 06:57:59 PM

The only way to quit gambling for good is to eject it from your everyday life, don’t think you can control it, that is just an illusion, forget about it, stop gambling and begin to do other stuff to entertain you.

It is very hard to do that,trust me because I have done this. I couldnt stop thinking about it and I have done alot of things to make me forget about it but I just cant control myself. I only play for fun right now to satisfy myself however in reality I almost spend nothing for this because the amount for bankroll is very small
megynacuna

Merit: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:36:19 PM

I totally agree with you, research has even proven that when you repeatedly do something for more than six times you form a habit from it so it's just a matter of stopp bf completely and forming new habits of doing other things apart from gambling. Just try to stop for more than six times and you're sure going to be able to avoid it.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 03:10:37 PM

As far as an addicted gambler will go - that is totally impossible. This type of radical approach never gets one in control of their addiction. Its important to understand that gambling and other addictions feed on people's minds and they have to control it step by step and not once and for all. One needs to decrease the amount they gamble then decrease the time for which they gamble. Parallel to it they should work on other things that they have interest in.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:50:10 PM

I totally agree with you, research has even proven that when you repeatedly do something for more than six times you form a habit from it so it's just a matter of stopp bf completely and forming new habits of doing other things apart from gambling. Just try to stop for more than six times and you're sure going to be able to avoid it.

When it becomes habit then it is hard for you to not do it so be careful for those that have not been addicted yet. To be honest, Im heavily addicted and I couldnt stop that is why I still play nowadays. I play with low bankroll so that I wont lose everything like I used to be and with this I could keep gambling forever
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

When it becomes habit then it is hard for you to not do it so be careful for those that have not been addicted yet. To be honest, Im heavily addicted and I couldnt stop that is why I still play nowadays. I play with low bankroll so that I wont lose everything like I used to be and with this I could keep gambling forever
yes that is right, when a person become addicted it become difficult for him to stop it so easily, he want to continue gambling as he think that he can make good profit from gambling.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:16:48 PM

Its really hard habit to break. Specially for pathological gamblers. Its already in their minds and you cannot just shutdown because it is already wired in your brain. The best method is to really seek professional help in order for someone to really stop their addiction. And admit to your self that you are a gambling addict. Because most of us are having a self denial, that is why we can't quit it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 09:04:32 PM

yes that is right, when a person become addicted it become difficult for him to stop it so easily, he want to continue gambling as he think that he can make good profit from gambling.
It's so hard for the addicted gambler to stop his gambling passions and thinking that doing gambling can give him good profit forever is not right, because there's no assurance can be provided to you by gambling. Every situations of your betting activities will always depend on lucky prizes of winnings and gambling games is set up to random winning possibilities. In reality of life most bettors had those feedback of no one really experienced success from gambling and worst is they always loss investments rather than winning profit. So if you belong with that certain levels of habitual gambling that made you addicted, better have self control now before worst cases happens and it could help you to quit at a right time.
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:18:40 AM

You have to be dedicated on it, because if not, then you are just going to keep on doing gambling in your whole life I guess, and if you are going to think of it, gambling can't benefit you or give you something that could make you successful in life, that is why quitting it is really a good idea, though the thing is it is not that easy to do that especially if we lost too much on it.
ethereumhunter

Activity: 2884
Merit: 541

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:02:29 AM

You have to be dedicated on it, because if not, then you are just going to keep on doing gambling in your whole life I guess, and if you are going to think of it, gambling can't benefit you or give you something that could make you successful in life, that is why quitting it is really a good idea, though the thing is it is not that easy to do that especially if we lost too much on it.

that's right, once we have a will in our mind to quit gambling, then we should really leave the games, because i think its the sign for us to quit gambling and if we don't obey it, we can have big loss in next day. sometimes, its good for us if we can quit gambling for good reason and we should follow our mind to not playing gambling.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:20:44 AM

that is the problem , everybody want to eject gamble from their everyday lives . but don't know how . and i guess it is because an addiction are not about habit matter only , but more to a mental illness, i mean when your brain have got affected with gambling addiction then it could be a hard thing to treated.

the solution are to go for mental care and do what the doctor/physician said step by step.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:09:56 AM

I never found it hard to quit gambling because it takes away a huge portion of something so important in our lives. It's money. Gambling takes away money from us. Hence, gambling can easily be seen as evil and quit it. Unlike smoking, porn, and sex addiction, gambling seems to be the most obvious one that you can feel so bad about that you can quit it easily. Smoking doesn't affect you negatively instantly, only after decades of smoking. Porn and sex feels so good and doesn't take away anything from you. It just becomes so much of a habit that you would eventually be doing it compulsively and think of most people as sex objects.

Gambling, on the other hand, takes away your money instantly. You can see the bad results instantly. You lose money, you go home, your wife asks for money, you have nothing, you fight, and so on.. You know that gambling is the evil and so you easily quit it.

My advise, learn how to control yourself. This is not just going to be helpful for quitting gambling but also for quitting any other addiction that you have like overeating, overspending, too much time spent in front of the TV, etc.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

CasinoLeisure.com

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

I think it depends on how addicted you are. If you're not very addicted, it does not matter that much.

But if you're truly addicted, you should seek help from professional therapists. It takes determination and perseverance to quit something you're addicted in. It also requires motivation. Imagine the amount of money you would save by not gambling.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: