Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.  (Read 41821 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 06:09:36 PM

Its not really against and I think its in the most cases its good for yourself to hold it these days with this insane prices.

but how if the country is make regulation that for people which is using bitcoin will be go to jail? because i already read about this but i am not sure what the site is. but i think, when we are storing our bitcoin into our wallet is not against bitcoin unless there are any regulation or prohibition in the country to not to use bitcoin like i said.
You are mixing up two things. Storing has nothing to do with laws in some country. I do not know if there are nations where you can be send to prison for possession of Bitcoin. It is possible, hard but possible, to find out if a person is holding Bitcoin, but i guess in those countries they do have different opinions on what is a prove. But this is another discussion.

I don't know why a government will take me to jail if i store bitcoin. Storing bitcoin is not any illegal activities.Its help you to make more bitcoin safely.But its cause bad effect on bitcoins price.When the holders sell their bitcoin on high price,bitcoins price goes down soon.But i don't know why a bitcoin holder will go to jail for holding bitcoin.And if any government make any rules like that we can use VPN to access on bitcoin,then nobody can trace you.   

I guess your mileage may vary, so to speak

Although I don't think that just holding Bitcoin will get you right in prison, but, on the other hand, I don't see any real obstacles (obviously, beside catching you red-handed) in passing a bill by some rogue government that would make simple possession of bitcoins illegal, possibly inflicting criminal prosecution. In many countries you can't even hold powerful pain-killers (which are essentially narcotics) unless you have a prescription. Guns also seem to belong to this category of items prohibited from possession without direct permission or license

Like i said, i do not know if there is a country or whatever that forbids Bitcoin by law directly (you are not allowed to hold Bitcoin) or indirectly (you are only allowed to use the national currency and nothing else). In a country where they are against Bitcoin and want you in prison they will "find" the necessary evidence even if you are innocent. So i would not count on VPN or whatever.

In fact, it is the same story in any country, even most "democratic" ones

Why do you think Julian Assange still sits tight in the embassy of Ecuador in London since August 2012? He knows it probably better than anyone else out there that if he went out, he would be quickly caught and extradited to the US without any chance of appeal due to his role in establishing WikiLeaks (where he would most certainly face severe prosecution), even though he is not even an American citizen (if I'm not mistaken)

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:12:04 PM

Its not really against and I think its in the most cases its good for yourself to hold it these days with this insane prices.

but how if the country is make regulation that for people which is using bitcoin will be go to jail? because i already read about this but i am not sure what the site is. but i think, when we are storing our bitcoin into our wallet is not against bitcoin unless there are any regulation or prohibition in the country to not to use bitcoin like i said.
You are mixing up two things. Storing has nothing to do with laws in some country. I do not know if there are nations where you can be send to prison for possession of Bitcoin. It is possible, hard but possible, to find out if a person is holding Bitcoin, but i guess in those countries they do have different opinions on what is a prove. But this is another discussion.

I don't know why a government will take me to jail if i store bitcoin. Storing bitcoin is not any illegal activities.Its help you to make more bitcoin safely.But its cause bad effect on bitcoins price.When the holders sell their bitcoin on high price,bitcoins price goes down soon.But i don't know why a bitcoin holder will go to jail for holding bitcoin.And if any government make any rules like that we can use VPN to access on bitcoin,then nobody can trace you.   

I guess your mileage may vary, so to speak

Although I don't think that just holding Bitcoin will get you right in prison, but, on the other hand, I don't see any real obstacles (obviously, beside catching you red-handed) in passing a bill by some rogue government that would make simple possession of bitcoins illegal, possibly inflicting criminal prosecution. In many countries you can't even hold powerful pain-killers (which are essentially narcotics) unless you have a prescription. Guns also seem to belong to this category of items prohibited from possession without direct permission or license

Like i said, i do not know if there is a country or whatever that forbids Bitcoin by law directly (you are not allowed to hold Bitcoin) or indirectly (you are only allowed to use the national currency and nothing else). In a country where they are against Bitcoin and want you in prison they will "find" the necessary evidence even if you are innocent. So i would not count on VPN or whatever.

In fact, it is the same story in any country

Why do you think Julian Assange still sits tight in the embassy of Ecuador in London since August 2012? He knows it better than anyone else that if he went out, he would be quickly caught and extradited to the US without any chance of appeal due to his role in establishing WikiLeaks, even though he is not even an American citizen (if I'm not mistaken)

Has Julian Assange come back? Last time I heard about him was months ago, before Trump get elected, on that Russia Today interview, after that they were saying that Julian Assange was captured/dead and that Wikileaks was compromised, some Wikileaks tweets starteda lso becoming really strange and out of style compared to the average tweet..
ewonardo

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:36:39 PM

Bitcoin can be used as a multifunctional that can basically offer anything a person might need. Instead storing bitcoins.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 07:37:53 AM by mrbigmugs

Bitcoin can be used as a multifunctional that can basically offer anything a person might need. Instead storing bitcoins.
yes that is a fact and to me i think storing of bitcoin is not against the law. it is legal to store bitcoin as is the the property of the person who is owning it. so he has the right to use it or save it or invest it in trading or even use it for gambling, to me i am free and i mostly use my bitcoin investing in gambling.

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 09:43:58 AM

Strange.

Who says that storing bitcoin against bitcoin ?

Because aroundly 90% of mined bitcoin are store and only 10% of bitcoin are circulated in market, and biggest stake of bitcoins are in China.

If everyone start to sell bitcoin then I think price will be dump suddenly.

Even people are considering Bitcoin as commodity and making an investment with their own fiat currency.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:05:25 AM

Bitcoin don't have any rules and regulations do one cant claim that storing nothing is against bitcoin. But Satoshi had intentionally developed bitcoin so online transaction that is for online payment which would eradicate paper money for transaction but I think we should use it for transactions only.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Bitcoin don't have any rules and regulations do one cant claim that storing nothing is against bitcoin. But Satoshi had intentionally developed bitcoin so online transaction that is for online payment which would eradicate paper money for transaction but I think we should use it for transactions only.
Way to kill the conversation. Are you an adviser for trump, because i have no clue what you are trying to say. Anyway, Bitcoin has rules or else i could make an address and credit 100 Bitcoin to it. However there is nothing in these rules that prohibits storing of Bitcoin. But just because there is no rule that prohibits drinking poison, does not mean it is a good idea to do so.

isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:11:28 AM

Bitcoin was to be the facebook of currency...and fiat the myspace.

They can co-exist, but only one will reign supreme.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 08:45:41 AM

Bitcoin was to be the facebook of currency...and fiat the myspace.

They can co-exist, but only one will reign supreme.
Sure they can coexist, just like gold and fiat. Now tell me is Bitcoin more like gold or more like fiat? Because right now it looks more like gold to me and this would mean that the status quo will continue.

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:24:04 AM

yeaa actually some people consider bitcoin as investment/commodity , so they just save/store it.
and maybe the one who think storing bitcoin only it is against bitcoin consider it as currency.
which nowadays a lot of people still not yet ready to accept it.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:31:11 AM

Storing of Bitcoins is against Bitcoin.
No one will offer services for Bitcoin.
Spend Your Bitcoins.

Sorry but cannot follow you. If the value of bitcoin increased every day and even is told that this value will have big figures in the near future, for sure, I will hold bitcoin. I am not rich to play with money but buy or hope to earn bitcoin to earn money and to have profit. I cannot send away this profit. And not only me I think.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:54:55 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

Sorry but cannot follow you. If the value of bitcoin increased every day and even is told that this value will have big figures in the near future, for sure, I will hold bitcoin. I am not rich to play with money but buy or hope to earn bitcoin to earn money and to have profit. I cannot send away this profit. And not only me I think.

If you store bitcoin that value will become stagnant and wont gain profit unless you invest it like in altcoin tradings which gains profit as you go a long way of your bitcoin investments.
FrannWilder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:44:32 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

If you store bitcoin that value will become stagnant and wont gain profit unless you invest it like in altcoin tradings which gains profit as you go a long way of your bitcoin investments.

This is true but the most people think holding tghe bitcoin itself is profitable what is it but this is because of other investors most of the time.
Jasmint

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:19:12 AM

Spend Your Bitcoins.

This is true but the most people think holding tghe bitcoin itself is profitable what is it but this is because of other investors most of the time.

It is better to hold most and use some.
zagarcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:54:05 AM

It's individual decision if someone will spend his her bitcoin or wait for price increase.Bitcoin can grow anyway, no need to push people spend his Bitcoin...Storing is not against Bitcoin!

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 12:11:47 PM

Storing bitcoin is not prohibited. People can choose what they want to do with their bitcoin. Some people hold because they think bitcoin will net them profit in the long term and some others using bitcoin as a currency and use them in transaction. Both didn't break any rules and regulation and i don't see anything wrong with storing your bitcoin.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 01:20:44 PM

Storing bitcoin is not prohibited. People can choose what they want to do with their bitcoin. Some people hold because they think bitcoin will net them profit in the long term and some others using bitcoin as a currency and use them in transaction. Both didn't break any rules and regulation and i don't see anything wrong with storing your bitcoin.

There are some people who are afraid to store large amounts of bitcoin, in addition to security reasons, the withdrawal of profits every day is also a major reason. However, traders should save many bitcoin deposits to be traded continuously. Using bitcoin as an asset not to be against bitcoin.

Increased sales of services or goods that accept bitcoin payments prove balance in economy.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:56:15 PM

Because of the great current bitcoin price anyone who has biger amount of coins probably feels rich and having these coins gives him a feeling of beeing secured so it's not easy to give them away and spend them. On the other hand for security reasons those people are probably worried for their bitcoins. So it's cruical to find some balance among storing and spending bitcoins.

malaj
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 02:06:03 PM

Because of the great current bitcoin price anyone who has biger amount of coins probably feels rich and having these coins gives him a feeling of beeing secured so it's not easy to give them away and spend them. On the other hand for security reasons those people are probably worried for their bitcoins. So it's cruical to find some balance among storing and spending bitcoins.
Nothing to worry with storing and spending of bitcoin, because the wallets were good and much secure with high security features. So saving is not a big deal and when it comes to spending just direct spending or a cyclic process of bitcoin circulation makes the path towards a mainstream usage.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2017, 02:30:10 PM

This isn't productive.  There are loads of posts here like "they do what they want" but that's a meaningless statement because no one actually argued otherwise, they just said it was a bad idea.  I'm sure you suggest a lot of things people do are annoying or a poor idea during your everyday life, someone doesn't need to tell you "they can do what they want" every time.

Still, I don't really agree with the post, or at least think that the phrasing is weak.  People store fiat currency in bank accounts, in physical wallets, etc.  Many people even keep them for a long time in savings accounts and use a current account or physical cash for everyday transactions.  

I think what OP might have meant was that some people treat Bitcoin as if it's a stock and all they need to do with it is hold to buy and sell for fiat, which I agree is pretty annoying as it doesn't contribute to Bitcoin's concept of decentralised online exchange or even much to the value of Bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: