Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:39:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47281 times)
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:02:24 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchow

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:06:31 PM

Trading and Gambling are both same for me, as both are risky and waste of time, both involves risk of your money, which you can loose at any stage, so its better to stay away from both.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:15:52 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

I don't think that trading is like 100% gambling. There are so many things which affects the price of the particular stock or commodity, prices increased and decreased because of various factors. Those who understand the trading market can guess the possible trend; whether it will be rise or fall, so for these people trading is not gambling. If someone doesn't know anything about trading and market then it can be consider as gambling.
mOgliE (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:19:46 PM

Hey people,

I don't think that trading is like 100% gambling. There are so many things which affects the price of the particular stock or commodity, prices increased and decreased because of various factors. Those who understand the trading market can guess the possible trend; whether it will be rise or fall, so for these people trading is not gambling. If someone doesn't know anything about trading and market then it can be consider as gambling.

Well, in a sense I understand what you mean. But predictions can't be 100% sure! So isn't it like gambling except that your knowledge and your experience can balance a bit the odds? Smiley

barrowfiller

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:21:31 PM

Yeah iprefer gambling than trading.
gambling FUN Trading Boring.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:23:54 PM

Trading and Gambling are both same for me, as both are risky and waste of time, both involves risk of your money, which you can loose at any stage, so its better to stay away from both.

bad advice when you say should stay away from both. I just do not agree to stay away from trading, everyone can get good results in trading. of course all have the risk of not only trading and gambling. trading is clearly better than gambling. if you learn more about the trade I am sure you will be interested lol.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:33:15 PM

I used to not think so, or at least told myself it was different. Recently I started trading using margin, and I have to say it is very much like gambling. If you make the wrong choice you can lose most of your stack and get margin-called. This seems much more like gambling, and I can't argue with myself otherwise.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:35:08 PM

Have the same feeling here gambling cost only money and you don't earn anything. Also start hating all kind of gambling sites because they only take and never give.
wearepoor

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:40:35 PM

Hey people,

Well, in a sense I understand what you mean. But predictions can't be 100% sure! So isn't it like gambling except that your knowledge and your experience can balance a bit the odds? Smiley

Hmm..agreed that predictions can not be 100% right. It can go wrong as well but if you can study the market and understand the strenghts and weakness of any particular stock then I believe that you can predict the trend. There are some experts who knows the market very well ,  it does happen sometimes that these people also misjudge the trend.
BitTyro

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:47:25 PM

I consider trading as gambling but unlike gambling that has house edge, in trading you as trader has that edge. It only depends on you how to play it and make that works in your favor.
stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:49:14 PM

Well both are two different things but both has risks so I view the the same when it comes to risk.
The only difference is in tradingyou get to know when is a goo time an what is not to while in gambling, it's a mixture of luck and patience.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:50:22 PM

I think they are not the same and i can't consider trading as gambling.. in gambling you need to play it before you will or lose..
Not like in trading that you need to wait for the price increase or decrease..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:05:34 PM

Trading is more like sports betting. You make your educated guesses and then make your "bets". Of course luck (scammers, whales, FUD and hype, bugs in the code) have an important role in trading as well.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:12:33 PM

nope. i cannot doing trading just with capital only luck. like gambling. but morr than that

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:13:18 PM

I consider trading to be gambling essentially. You are putting money at risk with the hopes of profiting from that trading position later.

If you buy at a certain price, you are betting/gambling that the price will be higher at a later point, at which time you can sell and take your profit/"winnings".

If you sell at a certain price, you are betting/gambling that the price will go lower at a later point, at which time you can buy and thus "profit"/win your bet in the form of having increased your holdings of the thing you are trading/gambling with.

If you sell at lower price than what you bought in for, then you "lost" the bet. Although in trading, selling at a small loss isn't necessarily a totally completely bad thing in certain situations.
shanem
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:13:43 PM

Trading is similar to gambling where you predict the future trend of the stock and place your trade. If you don't use any leverage when trading, it is usually less risky than gambling and you won't lose all your money if you predict wrongly.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:16:32 PM

I think yes, they are almost the same. Your win is someone's losses.But in trading you can check the history,market movements, and compare.It needs a careful study analysis to make decisions.

Open for Campaigns
leex1528

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:18:36 PM

I would absolutely say trading is gambling.  Both of them you can earn profit and loss.  Granted one might have a higher chance of being successful but trading is definitely gambling and you have to be careful of what you are doing regardless
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 03:26:39 PM

Yes there is a lot of gamble in trading.
One diference is that if one is patient his losses from bad trade can be undone.
Some aspects of trading gives you more edge than in pure gamble but still,
everything is based upon a chance and luck.

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:08:08 PM

Yes there is a lot of gamble in trading.
One diference is that if one is patient his losses from bad trade can be undone.
Some aspects of trading gives you more edge than in pure gamble but still,
everything is based upon a chance and luck.

Unless you are heavily extended on margin. If you wait too long then, you get liquidated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: