Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:11:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you consider trading as gambling?  (Read 47281 times)
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:27:14 AM

Have the same feeling here gambling cost only money and you don't earn anything. Also start hating all kind of gambling sites because they only take and never give.
actually, trading is different into gambling because it is consider a type of serious business investment, unlike in gambling it is just a waste of time and a waste of money. therefore, it is unprofitable just always a waste of money and a waste of time and worst as time pass by there a chance that you can become an addict.

i am agree that both gambling and trading is need money to get money, but i don't think that doing gambling is a waste of time because from what i am do for playing gambling, i can enjoy the games even i don't make money from the games. maybe some people will considering that doing gambling is a waste of time but for the other people, they don't think like that, they only want to enjoy playing gambling in their spare time like me.
there will always something similar , but yes in both trading and gambling there a lot of similarities like the purpose of both are about make your money get doubled through something called game of money , the difference are on the proccess you get your money doubled.

so if you think the proccess difference make both different then you can not consider both same and vice versa.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:58:57 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 08:11:33 PM by Victorycoin

Trading can be quite predictable most of the time based on followership of fundamental news. A glaring example is how the Non Farm Payroll impacts on the dollar and by extension all other currencies just before and after its release. With gambling the road is always foggy and seeing ahead is never easy.  
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:40:50 AM

Gambling and trading are the same thing, with just one single difference, gambling you put your money at risk and you can win or loose, while at trading you do expose your money at a high risk as well, but you are able to limit your orders and control your winnings as well your loss.
Yeah right, I also think like that. The thing that distinguishes a trading is there's a lot of analysis, but never guarantee always wins, and no doubt I would choose gambling rather than trading, simple and more entertaining & surprising than trading.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:55:47 AM

You can't exactly call trading as gambling always. In gambling it's either you win or lose everything but in trading you can triple your profit or get a little loss. But if you are planning to trade right now then it wouldn't be a good move as the price of bitcoin pirce isn't at it's potential right now.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:30:48 AM

Gambling and trading are the same thing, with just one single difference, gambling you put your money at risk and you can win or loose, while at trading you do expose your money at a high risk as well, but you are able to limit your orders and control your winnings as well your loss.

I don't think that they are the same, gambling is totally and far different to trading.

Trading is more legit way of earning money and you don't need to ask luck for you to earn from it.

In gambling, most of the time you need to have luck in able to earn.

Yup, They weren't the same but both of them still need something called luck although trading doesn't need that much, but trading made you more patience than gambling otherwise gambling doesn't need that much time to earn you some profit but very risky. 

Trading is more of technical and logical in earning which is beneficial if you do have a background of it.

But in gambling even you don't have these things you can earn from it by winning those games that you chose.

They are just being considered as both risky.

nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:50:24 AM

Trading is just like gambling because investment risk ia always there to happen all the time, and the only difference is that your profit is always bigger compared with gambling online. Mostly gambling is prone of lossing unlike trading lossing investment is not that really possible to happen if you are equipped with enough skills.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:23:28 PM

when you are trading blind that is consider as a gamble because first you need to know the background of a certain coin before you will invest with that coin, because when you invest in a coin that is suddenly going to dump or the not trusted coin you can loss your money with that. So I can suggest that analyze first before trading.
FasTroy

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:03:30 PM

You can't exactly call trading as gambling always. In gambling it's either you win or lose everything but in trading you can triple your profit or get a little loss. But if you are planning to trade right now then it wouldn't be a good move as the price of bitcoin pirce isn't at it's potential right now.
I agree with you, We can't call trading as gambling, because they are different in a lot of ways. When we talk about gambling, We can't avoid talking about luck. Luck is one of the based things to be a succeed in gambling. I don't mean that pro gambler They depend only in luck, They have skills and experience too.
So in the other hand, To be a successful trader, you should learn a lot how to do that. In most of cases you can't need luck.

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:35:02 PM

Trading is just like gambling because investment risk ia always there to happen all the time, and the only difference is that your profit is always bigger compared with gambling online. Mostly gambling is prone of lossing unlike trading lossing investment is not that really possible to happen if you are equipped with enough skills.
Not quite so. The question is “trading” not “investing”, if you are trading coins, from either btc to fiat or altcoin to btc, there are charts and pumps and dumps, which means that the profit is not house edged like dice or has any “random” effect on it.

If there is no manupilation of a coin you can read the charts and see when to buy and when to sell. Which makes it less risky than gambling, not riskless and free but still a lot less riskier than gambling.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 05:53:29 PM

Yes If you are beginner and no experience yet you will trade as a blind and you can loss your money in an instant and no chance of winning. That is worst than gambling so If you want to trade make sure you can a analyze first the dump and pump before trading. Trade with knowledge is a must to became a successful trader.

It doesn't matter if you are begginer to trading or not, it is still same, and only because  you are new to trading, it dooesn't mean that you have to trade blindly, as there are many advices and guides based on how to trade with low amounts of money and so on, so new people that wants to trade could learn to do that and earn profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:56:49 PM

Trading is more of technical and logical in earning which is beneficial if you do have a background of it.

But in gambling even you don't have these things you can earn from it by winning those games that you chose.

Disagree. Gambling needs some technical and logical way too to win on this system. Gambling is not always about luck like playing on dice, slots or any other same games like that. There are gambling type that requires analysis and I know you know it too.

Also, didn't you know that all factors to win in a gambling needs on trading too? Example is luck, no matter how deep your research about trading, you need luck here as you don't know what will be the price movement even you have lots of factors to consider on hand.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

Disagree. Gambling needs some technical and logical way too to win on this system. Gambling is not always about luck like playing on dice, slots or any other same games like that. There are gambling type that requires analysis and I know you know it too.

Also, didn't you know that all factors to win in a gambling needs on trading too? Example is luck, no matter how deep your research about trading, you need luck here as you don't know what will be the price movement even you have lots of factors to consider on hand.

Cards and dice obviously just chancy. If you talk about sports betting, analysis techniques used only at one time, it was still considered to be dependent on luck as it involves three distinct elements of interest: players to a match, bookies for profit, and you as bettor.

In trading we use theory and techniques in quite a long time and all users involved have similar interests is to maintain price stability. The analysis applies to difference in profits from sharp price movements, so that there's no element of gambling unless we use swap technique and so on.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:18:56 PM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Does anyone else takes trading as a gambling game? Smiley
Yes , I also consider gambling as a trading and also trading as gambling job .
Because here in the both I found that nothing is fix both of have a better limit and unlimited ways of making profit , both of them needed to do wisely with new new trick .
But here it is necessary here to mention here that in the trading we need to have patience and time to grow the bitcoin profit and also in this the chances of loss are little small then what is in gambling .
If you have that kind of thinking I don't think you will succeed in both, trading is different from gambling and gambling is not trading although they both have risk. First we need to do is to educate ourselves of what we really want to do and study deeper to get the success that we want. Gambling was never an easy way to make money, in fact it gives us the opposite but in trading, there are plenty of opportunity there.

Yes,  i also think that trading and gambling are two different things and we cannot say that both are alike. There is a lot of risk in gambling and a lot of mind involved in tradings.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:26:12 AM

Hey people,

I've always been a huge gambler. I like creating useless schemes (as we all know bank always win ^^) and betting whole nights long in order to find THE right way of betting.
But I need change, I can't bet over and over on the same game cause after I see that nothing can be done to change the odds, I'm bored.

So I thought a bit about trading and I started not so long ago. and it feels a bit like a betting game without knowing the odds and with an infinity of parameters!

Because here in the both I found that nothing is fix both of have a better limit and unlimited ways of making profit , both of them needed to do wisely with new new trick .
But here it is necessary here to mention here that in the trading we need to have patience and time to grow the bitcoin profit and also in this the chances of loss are little small then what is in gambling .
If you have that kind of thinking I don't think you will succeed in both, trading is different from gambling and gambling is not trading although they both have risk. First we need to do is to educate ourselves of what we really want to do and study deeper to get the success that we want. Gambling was never an easy way to make money, in fact it gives us the opposite but in trading, there are plenty of opportunity there.

Yes,  i also think that trading and gambling are two different things and we cannot say that both are alike. There is a lot of risk in gambling and a lot of mind involved in tradings.

Trading will be different only if a trader knows about the trading and going for long term trading. But some people just based on someone tips and to make a quick profits go for trading. This type of trading is almost equal to gambling because they are trading just thinking that can make a profit without any knowledge or how it works. In this kind of trading, results are based on luck only.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:43:22 AM

Hey people,

Trading and gambling are different yes a lot of risk both of them but more on in gambling because in gambling you need luck to win or get profit. In trading you can double your money easily if you can learn more how to do short trade.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:41:27 PM

At my vision, gambling and trading are not the same, but both have similarities. They have high risks and possible high rewards, the main difference for me is that in trading you can set your own time to get out or wait, and invest based in development and informations. In gambling is almost always a game of luck.
Indeed, and I will support your statement. actually, all aspects of business of business had their own risk involvement. and gambling can never like trading, because trading does not need any luck for you to make profit in the exchange platform.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:22:42 PM

Trading will be different only if a trader knows about the trading and going for long term trading.

This is quite lame. As a trader, all you need to do is to get profit so there is no point to go for the long term if you can just short some profit directly. If you are going for the long term then it is more of an investment, period. Gambling is pretty the same, you are going in for profit and there is no point to go for long term either
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:36:50 PM

Yeah right, I also think like that. The thing that distinguishes a trading is there's a lot of analysis, but never guarantee always wins, and no doubt I would choose gambling rather than trading, simple and more entertaining & surprising than trading.
Obviously you are not a trader and you choice to go for gambling in place of trading is understandable. With proper understanding of how trading works, you would realize that trading actually puts you in control of what happens to your money, let for you to either take it up or leave it lying on the table.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:18:21 AM

Trading will be different only if a trader knows about the trading and going for long term trading.

This is quite lame. As a trader, all you need to do is to get profit so there is no point to go for the long term if you can just short some profit directly. If you are going for the long term then it is more of an investment, period. Gambling is pretty the same, you are going in for profit and there is no point to go for long term either

Long term means you should be ready to wait for getting profit in case after you invest prices go down. Means if you borrowed money from someone to trade and after you invest then prices moved in opposite side and didn't recover for a long time then you may be forced to sell because you need to pay back borrowed money. So if you can wait for long, then you will get a chance to sell it at a higher price and can make a profit.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:49:16 AM

At my vision, gambling and trading are not the same, but both have similarities. They have high risks and possible high rewards, the main difference for me is that in trading you can set your own time to get out or wait, and invest based in development and informations. In gambling is almost always a game of luck.
Indeed, and I will support your statement. actually, all aspects of business of business had their own risk involvement. and gambling can never like trading, because trading does not need any luck for you to make profit in the exchange platform.

Trading also needs some luck, even though it's only small luck. Even though your analysis is really good, you still can't predict what will happens with market. When you have bought some altcoins on low price, and suddenly it got huge pumps, you can make big profit and you never expected that.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: