Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40959 times)
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 05:13:40 PM

I paid for 3 bASIC's with BTC, and I want the exact same amount of BTC I paid for them. It's bad enough that my money was inaccessible for 4 months. So I'm going to lose 100+ BTC because I placed a pre-order with Tom...? That's fucked... so fucked...
Your purchase was denominated in USD, you should expect a refund of the USD equivalent.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137026.0

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:16:45 PM

you all keep point out the fact that we paid for this product ultmitaly in usd thus we all have legimate legal action. Just bc tom accepted btc and exchange it from him all are orders were eventualy usd thus he is subject to us laws for money.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 05:28:21 PM

This is new: https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

I received an email from Dave - and he offered his help to make sure all the refunds are processed in a timely manner.

I have agreed to this and so from this point forward Dave will be processing all refunds.

Many have received refunds already if you have not received your refund yet please continue to be patient you will receive it very soon.

Thank you to everyone for their patience and empathy in this situation.

Also, back to the following...

First I want everyone to know - that all that nonsense that was posted on the Bitcointalk forum last night was not me. In fact I have not been on that forum in quite a while. My forum account was compromised and some people had some fun with it. I can't even get into the account now - so I am assuming that the admins checked the IP address and realized it was not me posting like a madman and locked my account for me. Either that or the intruder changed the password on me. Either way please DO NOT trust or believe anything that has been or is being posted by my Bitcointalk forum account.

How can one not visit this forum to check up on their main thread. We're not talking about some eBay CEO not reading its official, or otherwise, forums here. We're talking about a guy named Tom. Hell, even Sonny with BFL checks in from time to time.

The second bold text speaks volumes and needs no further comment.
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:29:58 PM

you all keep point out the fact that we paid for this product ultmitaly in usd thus we all have legimate legal action. Just bc tom accepted btc and exchange it from him all are orders were eventualy usd thus he is subject to us laws for money.

Small claims cases are fairly easy to file.  It would be interesting to see how to judge would react to all the bitcoin transaction explanations.  I'd think someone who actually starts to go through the motions of filling a claim might get some help/support/donations from the community to see the case go through.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:40:47 PM

Small claims cases are fairly easy to file.  It would be interesting to see how to judge would react to all the bitcoin transaction explanations.  I'd think someone who actually starts to go through the motions of filling a claim might get some help/support/donations from the community to see the case go through.
I think as long as it was well put together, many judges could go along with it. The burden of proof in small claims court is quite low, and it's not uncommon to have cases that don't involve fiat.
If you trade your new iPod touch for someone's BNIB PS3 that when you get home and open is stuffed with a brick, there's no reason you can't sue even though there was no exchange of money involved. In fact local scams for giftcards are quite common, and a trade of product for giftcard isn't that different than a trade of product for BTC.
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:41:42 PM

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

Dave said that he will quit, but on this thread Cablepair says that dave is still processing refund??? HOW???
I also wait for my 3000 $ , NOBODY on the forum is giving information, NO answer from their E-mail, NO answer from the FORUM and website, FORUM is closed! NO answer from cablepair and buzzdave FUCK!!!!

Call to BUZZDAVE: WHATS HAPPENING?

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 05:45:48 PM

https://www.btcfpga.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0

Dave said that he will quit, but on this thread Cablepair says that dave is still processing refund??? HOW???
I also wait for my 3000 $ , NOBODY on the forum is giving information, NO answer from their E-mail, NO answer from the FORUM and website, FORUM is closed! NO answer from cablepair and buzzdave FUCK!!!!

Call to BUZZDAVE: WHATS HAPPENING?
This is what was posted:
Quote from: buzzdave
Lets let him finish the refund process and move on.  If Tom needs anything from me to help get this done, I'm making myself available off the payroll.  Since I got involved in this project my number one priority was to see to it that the customers were taken care of.
Quote from: cablepair
I received an email from Dave - and he offered his help to make sure all the refunds are processed in a timely manner.

I have agreed to this and so from this point forward Dave will be processing all refunds.
It sounds like Dave is no longer working for BTCFPGA, but offered to help finish up refunds. Tom agreed to this, so Dave will continue to handle refunds without getting paid for it.
100%digital

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:00:59 PM

I think as long as it was well put together, many judges could go along with it. The burden of proof in small claims court is quite low, and it's not uncommon to have cases that don't involve fiat.
If you trade your new iPod touch for someone's BNIB PS3 that when you get home and open is stuffed with a brick, there's no reason you can't sue even though there was no exchange of money involved. In fact local scams for giftcards are quite common, and a trade of product for giftcard isn't that different than a trade of product for BTC.

Im still fucked on my BTC refund too Sad

sent Dave three email over course of last week, nodda.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135301.380

...possible legal action? what are you guys thinking? as it sits now (01-24-13 11AM MST) i'm fucked outta a grand. what do?

drive to NYC and physically find Tom to straighten his debt? take collateral?

and WHY THE FUCK ISNT THERE A SCAMMER TAG on his handle?
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

and WHY THE FUCK ISNT THERE A SCAMMER TAG on his handle?
Have you posted a thread in the scam accusation subforum about this yet?
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

Ok, Tom and I are circling around each other a bit without speaking directly.  Two days ago he asked me to roll off the project and he would do the refunds himself.  Later that night I wrote him an email suggesting that I finish up the refunds process, as it is a complicated bit of work.  After the forum posts and no response for two days, I took it to mean he had considered my proposal but was moving forward without me.  I waited until late last night to write my departure post. 

It looks like Tom got my message a few days late but is taking me up on the offer to get these refunds finished.  So I'll dive in - I'm glad to be able to see this part through. 

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:43:21 PM

Thanks Dave. My BTC address is in my sig.

Please put an end to this ridiculous drama. Order #1345.

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:47:21 PM

Ok, Tom and I are circling around each other a bit without speaking directly.  Two days ago he asked me to roll off the project and he would do the refunds himself.  Later that night I wrote him an email suggesting that I finish up the refunds process, as it is a complicated bit of work.  After the forum posts and no response for two days, I took it to mean he had considered my proposal but was moving forward without me.  I waited until late last night to write my departure post. 

It looks like Tom got my message a few days late but is taking me up on the offer to get these refunds finished.  So I'll dive in - I'm glad to be able to see this part through. 
Dave, does this mean you will take over paying the BTC refunds, or will you just continue to process them and send them to Tom to pay?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 06:57:18 PM

Dave, does this mean you will take over paying the BTC refunds, or will you just continue to process them and send them to Tom to pay?

This is the key point. Refunding CC charges is no big deal. Those people can always chargeback. Tom/Dave's #1 priority needs to be BTC refunds. Nothing else matters.

Buy & Hold
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

This gets ever confusing by the minute.  Initially thought that Dave had jumped ship, but now that he is back hopefully we should the refunds coming in?

Dave: sent you numerous emails but nothing yet. BTC refunds should be the main priority, CC charges can be be just charged back as per your advice earlier.

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:08:01 PM

This is the key point. Refunding CC charges is no big deal. Those people can always chargeback. Tom/Dave's #1 priority needs to be BTC refunds. Nothing else matters.
I know people have been getting CC refunds, but have people even been getting BTC refunds at all?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:08:13 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2013, 08:09:16 AM by dmcurser

i have to orders request refund on monday the 14th rate of time request was 14.15 per btc
 refunded to 1FuC72r36pv32BNouURAuAjCyhBQybJwgb
plz let me know if you need any other info order numbers are

/www.bitcoinasic.net order number 200

or if tom is doing full refunds i will take 208 lol

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
100%digital

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:12:18 PM

awesome Dave, I appreciate your commitment to process these refunds! can you please address order#1463, at least reply to email indicating you're on it...

thank you

+1 who is Stehen Cupp?
Bogart (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:13:00 PM

My BTC address is in my sig.

Hidden in your sig.  The pixel height of sigs is restricted now (because of Tom's signature ad campaign with its large fontsize).

The only way I can see your BTC address is if I highlight part of your sig, and use shift + arrow keys to scroll it.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:16:12 PM

Ok, Tom and I are circling around each other a bit without speaking directly.  Two days ago he asked me to roll off the project and he would do the refunds himself.  Later that night I wrote him an email suggesting that I finish up the refunds process, as it is a complicated bit of work.  After the forum posts and no response for two days, I took it to mean he had considered my proposal but was moving forward without me.  I waited until late last night to write my departure post.  

It looks like Tom got my message a few days late but is taking me up on the offer to get these refunds finished.  So I'll dive in - I'm glad to be able to see this part through.  

Ill believe it once someone comes forward and states they received(and isnt lying) BTC refund as of a week ago and going forward.
Till then, ur all a bunch of scumbag scammers. I dont care how sincere urs or toms posts seem.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
100%digital

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:18:02 PM

i have to orders request refund on monday the 14th rate of time request was 14.15 per btc
expect 155.477 refunded to 1FuC72r36pv32BNouURAuAjCyhBQybJwgb
plz let me know if you need any other info order numbers are
btcfpga.com order number 1869
and
/www.bitcoinasic.net order number 200

or if tom is doing full refunds i will take 208 lol

...same boat as you, request refund on Monday Jan 14 when BTC was ~low 14s... dude, you're gonna get boned. No way in fuck does Tom refund BTC when request was 'made'. ...that is unless the price of BTC went down. he's going to do whatever positions him best to lose the least amount of money. who knows maybe he's waiting for btc to hit 25USD for an hour, then dump refund on you...

just wish we could take some type of legal action.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: