Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40959 times)
Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 12:52:08 AM

Holy crap you're abrasive...newbie.

Dave said on more than one occasion that he and Tom were nowhere near each other. Hell lots of us spoke with Tom on the phone...big deal. If Dave actually believed everything that Tom said then why did he tell everyone to do chargebacks? That was clearly not in Tom's best interest.

You post prove my point of him being the most idiot again  Roll Eyes

Has Dave ever wondered what his job is? like really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGS2tKQhdhY

Any scammer would love to pay some idiot to do "PR" for him.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:00:00 AM

Its fairly clear, at this point, since dave hasnt helped us one bit past the stupid CC refunds (mostly to cover his own ass) ... Im pretty sure Dave is in on this whole BTC scam as well. I mean, he should be more upset about this than any of us if he was being honest bout what his part in btcfpga is...
But NOO,  hes gotta play the "I gotta protect tom card"(as fairly evident in his recent posts)... I mean duh...thats evidence enough.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 01:02:53 AM

Welp, looks like Dave isnt willing to help much, since hes gone silent it looks like. So, Im pretty damn sure hes on this whole fuckin mess too..

If you recall his "announcement" when the mess started.... He repeatedly say he still believe Tom will carry this project forward blah blah.... Tom is a good stand up man. blah blah...

If hes not in on this, hes the most clueless(retarded) person on this board.

Sorry disagree

Dave was paid to do a job, he was an outside contractor and as long as he personally did not break the law or know about it. Then his hands are clean.
It is the OWNER/DIRECTORS of companies that are ultimately responsible for any actions perpetrated under an organizations name.

Certainly there is some 'dirty business' in this forum, posts are deleted, records removed and even some members of the "Admin" team do not have clean hands in this affair.
But ultimately that will reflect on the forum and the implemented ethical standards, certainly if it was a company  it would not be allowed to operate as it has been doing in the last few weeks.

But the members are just as responsible for this, because they tolerate it.

Tom will magically appear when he thinks it's all died down...

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 01:33:08 AM

Welp, looks like Dave isnt willing to help much, since hes gone silent it looks like. So, Im pretty damn sure hes on this whole fuckin mess too..

If you recall his "announcement" when the mess started.... He repeatedly say he still believe Tom will carry this project forward blah blah.... Tom is a good stand up man. blah blah...

If hes not in on this, hes the most clueless(retarded) person on this board.

Sorry disagree

Dave was paid to do a job, he was an outside contractor and as long as he personally did not break the law or know about it. Then his hands are clean.
It is the OWNER/DIRECTORS of companies that are ultimately responsible for any actions perpetrated under an organizations name.

Certainly there is some 'dirty business' in this forum, posts are deleted, records removed and even some members of the "Admin" team do not have clean hands in this affair.
But ultimately that will reflect on the forum and the implemented ethical standards, certainly if it was a company  it would not be allowed to operate as it has been doing in the last few weeks.

But the members are just as responsible for this, because they tolerate it.

Tom will magically appear when he thinks it's all died down...

Dont you love the censorship in this forums? Posts magically disappeared. Not even a fcking msg to the original poster.

Sounds like they've learned media control from chairman Mao.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 09:34:29 PM

For the record, Tom's amusing spergasm is preserved in part here. What sucks is that I wouldn't have ever found it if I weren't trawling SA forums to document their intrinsic comedy.

The ability to delete posts (and lock threads) on this forum needs to be withdrawn already. Nobody has the right to alter their words. If they want corrections made they can make a new post. Nobody has the right to prevent others from discussing their idiocy. If they want to remain private they should remain private.

PS. Buzzydave, you're not walking away from this.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 08:33:28 AM

I received the BTC refund! Hooray! 51BTC, for 1x BASIC01 and some DHL upgrades. Thank you Tom!

Update:

* x/10/2012
 * 15xx
 * 2x BASIC01
 * Refunded
 * CC
 * January
 * January

------------------

* x/10/2012
 * 16xx
 * 2x DHL upgrade
 * Refund Requested
 * BTC
 * January
 * February 14th

------------------

* x/10/2012
 * 8xx
 * 1x BASIC01
 * Refund Requested
 * BTC
 * January
 * February 14th

For real?? (Congratulations!)

Any others confirmations out there?

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:36:53 AM

Mine as well!

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 08:48:13 AM

no way?!

http://blockchain.info/address/1PCQpkCTJFJJczsKhvNLhPY2mScS3sxso1

Nothing happend here yet. batch id #512, 3 orders by BTC 1 by CC. I'll be at the bank tomorrow getting a chargeback at any circumstance.

Hai
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:58:09 PM

Yes, I posted this last night: I got a refund for 8 units @ $USD 1069

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143868.msg1525572#msg1525572

it seems Tom has started to refund the BTC orders, mine also included parts paid with MtGox redeem codes
polrpaul

Activity: 238

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 01:45:32 PM

Yes, I posted this last night: I got a refund for 8 units @ $USD 1069

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143868.msg1525572#msg1525572

it seems Tom has started to refund the BTC orders, mine also included parts paid with MtGox redeem codes

..any form of refund is better than none...

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:43:49 PM

Last updated 05-Feb-2013

The list, sorted by refund request date...

Some of these recent refunds were not on this list, but some were... Any method to the madness regarding transaction #s, date requested, amount of refund, etc? I'm watching my wallet patiently...
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:56:58 PM

We have to consider the possibility that Tom has been talked into letting someone else process the remaining refunds and that person is keeping silent so they aren't deluged with "where's mine" queries.

Dave gave Tom a spreadsheet with the list of BTC refunds due so it's possible they're being processed in the order they were listed on the spreadsheet.

It's encouraging that the refunds are continuing, however slowly, but there's still a long way to go.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 07:34:44 AM

i read good news today. lets hold the "scamming" for now Smiley
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 01:54:10 PM

i read good news today. lets hold the "scamming" for now Smiley

Nope - that train has already left.. team tommy supporters have perma-blinders on, sadly nothing can be done with those people... maybe a nigerian prince could offer some inheritance to them?

Tom = Scammer, regardless of refunds..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:45:28 PM

What is the best way to contact Dave these days?  I would like to confirm that my refund is on the "list".  The status of my order on btcfpga.com is "Payment Address Requested" despite providing a payment address in the refund request on Jan. 12.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:41:35 PM

What is the best way to contact Dave these days?  I would like to confirm that my refund is on the "list".  The status of my order on btcfpga.com is "Payment Address Requested" despite providing a payment address in the refund request on Jan. 12.

Dave seems to have given up on this place and the abuse directed at him for trying to do the right thing in a bad situation, can't say I blame him.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

Asked for a refund on the 7th of January, the bASIC is still not refunded Sad
My order number is #862

Still waiting............
Bart31

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 09:01:57 PM

Still waiting on one CC refund and 2 BTC refunds from 8th of january.

No refund yet  Sad

SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 10:18:07 PM

No refund yet  Sad

Well then you want to get in touch with your CC provider as my refund asked for date was similar to yours maybe a day or two earlier and it has been refunded to my account for weeks. When you do get in touch make sure to mention this was pre-order as the expected date of delivery is when the clock starts ticking for a chargeback not the order date. If it was not so I would have been screwed if I had had to do chargeback as I was over the 90 day limit from my provider when I requested the refund using the order date as the start point.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 11:47:49 PM

No refund yet  Sad

Well then you want to get in touch with your CC provider as my refund asked for date was similar to yours maybe a day or two earlier and it has been refunded to my account for weeks. When you do get in touch make sure to mention this was pre-order as the expected date of delivery is when the clock starts ticking for a chargeback not the order date. If it was not so I would have been screwed if I had had to do chargeback as I was over the 90 day limit from my provider when I requested the refund using the order date as the start point.

You can also mention that the company is being investigated for fraud and that several banks have advised people who paid by CC to cancel their cards and get new ones issued.  Where fraud is involved, CC providers will generally waive usual charge-back period limits.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: