Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The bASIC Refund Tracking Thread  (Read 40959 times)
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 06:55:16 AM

we just could not make the damn thing work (for long) and the chips were clocked wrong or something because they had a very little life especially when you pushed them to any degree.

Well since nobody else has asked.. what happened to the chips?

perhaps you can sell them to someone competent and get your customers funds back.  There was 16,000 of them right?.. "PACKAGED AND READY TO GO"

poop!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:41:06 AM

Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers. There are many people who can attest to this.

Either the people reporting a refund here in the thread are lying or you are lying!

My order number is lower (< 600) than some of the refunded order numbers and I did not receive a single Satoshi. My order status in your system is refund requested. So who is the liar?

Let me guess, you're not from USA or CA...

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:23:49 PM

Every week I gather what assets I have obtained and I distribute them to the customers starting with the earliest customers first and than working my way up to the later buyers. There are many people who can attest to this.
Either the people reporting a refund here in the thread are lying or you are lying!
My order number is lower (< 600) than some of the refunded order numbers and I did not receive a single Satoshi. My order status in your system is refund requested. So who is the liar?

I can attest to not receiving a refund yet and being one of the first set of orders (<300) I would like recompense soon.  I will happily report otherwise when/if it does happen.  I should be part of Dave's original list. 

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 01:33:20 PM

Let me guess, you're not from USA or CA...

Right - EU. Maybe this was just another lie or Tom is drunken again.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 02:50:00 PM

Tom, did you convert our BTC into USD?  If not, you have no right to return only part of our BTC back then claim "exchange rate" as an excuse for you keeping (i.e. STEALING) our coins.

If your not a scammer your a thief.  I really don't care if people are too stuck in their thinking to see that since you never converted to USD, and since there was no product to "price", you have zero right to profit by keeping any portion of our deposits - exchange going up or no.

Why are you needing to mine and liquidate to pay us back our money?  What did you do with our money?  Is it legal to fund the development of a product with pre-orders the way you seem to have done?  Actually, I don't give a shit anymore.  Just send me back my BTC.

I consider the outstanding 52.758BTC stolen until it is returned to: 1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW

dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 07:31:13 PM

Tom, did you convert our BTC into USD?  If not, you have no right to return only part of our BTC back then claim "exchange rate" as an excuse for you keeping (i.e. STEALING) our coins.

If your not a scammer your a thief.  I really don't care if people are too stuck in their thinking to see that since you never converted to USD, and since there was no product to "price", you have zero right to profit by keeping any portion of our deposits - exchange going up or no.

Why are you needing to mine and liquidate to pay us back our money?  What did you do with our money?  Is it legal to fund the development of a product with pre-orders the way you seem to have done?  Actually, I don't give a shit anymore.  Just send me back my BTC.

I consider the outstanding 52.758BTC stolen until it is returned to: 1CVmb947c2kGmQcQTjJFWAxMGRmEuLnnfW

Not this again.

1) According to Tom, he sold most of the BTC at around $15 (similar to the prices people ordered at)

2) Irrespective of this, you preordered a product priced in USD and should expect USD back

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:41:51 PM

I think everyone who requested a BTC refund should have had it sent back to them within 3 business days of their request....

So - if BTC was going for 17/USD a coin back then (62 BTC).. they should have more BTC than today's refund would yield them (34 BTC)...  (example using a 72gh bASIC at $1069)

simple..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:16:07 PM

Not this again.

1) According to Tom, he sold most of the BTC at around $15 (similar to the prices people ordered at)

2) Irrespective of this, you preordered a product priced in USD and should expect USD back

Then Tom cant make excuse of "having to buy back at $30" as you said USD amount doesnt change.

What can we expect from the lowlife scum tho.....
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:32:43 PM

From CablePair in Oct '12:

"And yes as of right now I still have an open refund policy. If you change your mind on your pre-order just send me an email and I will process the refund right away - only 2 people have done this since I began taking pre-orders on 09/03 - and believe me my other customers will be happy to have your order out of the way  Also while we are on that topic it is likely the refund policy will change when we go into production because I am going to have to spend a LOT of money to have these boards made (the bASIC order count around 700 as of right now) and I still have to finish paying back the investor that fronted the money to have the chips made. When the time gets close to start production of the boards - I will give a weeks notice on the change of refund policy so anyone that wants to change their mind will have enough time to do it, however just like ModMiner Quad owners are happy as hell with them - I know you guys are going to love this little device. It was engineers in California who are at the very top of their profession. This is a really special product and you guys are going to love it."

How much you want to bet the "investor" took no loss on this business venture and was paid back his investment before customers were paid back their money.  If there was really an investor and they weren't stupid they probably had a contract written up and it said something like, "If Tom is an idiot and can't get this done I have recourse to get my money back from his hide."  Maybe he even put his house up.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:47:54 PM

How much you want to bet the "investor" took no loss on this business venture and was paid back his investment before customers were paid back their money.  If there was really an investor and they weren't stupid they probably had a contract written up and it said something like, "If Tom is an idiot and can't get this done I have recourse to get my money back from his hide."  Maybe he even put his house up.

Any smart investor is going to invest in a manner which makes them a preferential creditor in the even of everything going to hell, regardless of whether they've traded funds for equity or made a loan to the business.  Only complete idiots invest in a business on a "pay me back whenever, however" basis.  Wise investors know their exit strategy and write all sorts of things into the contracts to protect their interests.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:56:01 PM

i am under the impression this is what Agath did... he had a written contract -Tom knew he goose would be cooked faster than shit, if he didnt refund this guy.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 01:17:56 AM

i am under the impression this is what Agath did... he had a written contract -Tom knew he goose would be cooked faster than shit, if he didnt refund this guy.

And a family of six ate goose and other delicacies while those wanting for a refund eat spam.

Then Tom cant make excuse of "having to buy back at $30" as you said USD amount doesnt change.

What can we expect from the lowlife scum tho.....

+1

Damn! I owe this guy $1,000 and have to pay him back with BTC which has increased in valued since his pre-order date. This sucks!

Now, I'm only goin' to state this one last time. Follow the coins. There was a big chunk of BTC still available when Tom quite paying out refunds in Jan/early Feb(?). Then he started to move those funds. I've traced a few of them to wallets with 10K+ coins in them sitting idle.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 01:38:48 AM

Damn! I owe this guy $1,000 and have to pay him back with BTC which has increased in valued since his pre-order date. This sucks!

That just means Tom has to buy less Bitcoins to pay him back.  $1,000 worth of BTC is $1,000 worth of BTC regardless of whether the exchange rate is USD 1 or USD 50. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 02:35:39 AM

That just means Tom has to buy less Bitcoins to pay him back.  $1,000 worth of BTC is $1,000 worth of BTC regardless of whether the exchange rate is USD 1 or USD 50. 

but he owes us at the 17 dollar RATE AS HIS POSTED SAYS

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
rampone

Activity: 339

dafq is goin on

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 04:06:26 AM

Why be silent for so long? This still smells. I want my refund since 1,5 Months.. nothing yet... come on....

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 06:24:48 AM

I have the feeling that most of us will never get a refund. Unfortunately I selected those two ASIC "vendors"/crooks that do not deliver and do not refund. For me, this ASIC mining game was a total loss.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2013, 07:43:32 AM

That just means Tom has to buy less Bitcoins to pay him back.  $1,000 worth of BTC is $1,000 worth of BTC regardless of whether the exchange rate is USD 1 or USD 50.  

I know that, but was implying Tom was claiming elsewise.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 07:45:02 AM

Did you see my message in private?
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 11:42:36 PM

It's Friday.  Has anyone received any refunds?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 12:45:56 AM

Looks like Tommy McScammer has recently sold a coat on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/openthomas/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

that should buy one or two coins...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: