Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:12:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMillions.com- More than ฿ 1,400 in Prizes - Play with only ฿ 0.01!  (Read 21550 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 05:43:52 AM

For security createrawtransaction is not accesible from the application layer, so I can not re-create the transaction to adjust fees.

You're able to run createrawtransaction from somewhere.  Can't you call it repeatedly there with different fees until it's right?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShaTwo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2013, 07:22:35 AM

For security createrawtransaction is not accesible from the application layer, so I can not re-create the transaction to adjust fees.

You're able to run createrawtransaction from somewhere.  Can't you call it repeatedly there with different fees until it's right?

I guess I could change a few things to do that... I will try to calculate it by the number of inputs & outputs first... if that doesn't work I guess I will have to go that way.

Thanks!

Jaques

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 07:14:18 PM

ShaTwo

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2013, 07:41:05 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2013, 04:11:33 AM by ShaTwo

Jaques, unfortunately bbit is a scammer, he applied for our beta tester launch promo and when we sent him the 1 FREE BTC to play, he kept it for himself, refused to play or to return the BTC.

1. First he sign up to participate in the beta testing

I'll help!
1HYPdQXk3bURyXoznRseCp7XRd1FcHnPmy

Grin

2. Before we sent the BTC to try the system, he claimed to be a winner and confirmed to have received the prize

I won 8 BTC it works!  Grin

3. After we sent him the BTC, he claim that thought it was a FREE BTC GIVE AWAY, refused to use the BTC to play and to give it back.

Read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140349.0 for more information.

Is sad to see people like that in the community. Sad

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 08:04:24 PM

Love the site, very well done.  Only one thing I'm a bit confused over:  Is there a reason you decided to have the tickets pay out for each play?  The current method is going to end up filling wallets with a lot of small inputs, making it harder to spend without long delays and/or high fees.  Perhaps a separate address to purchase a ticket which sends your total winnings after the ticket fully matures?  This saves you money, and the player as well in the long run.
I had the same concern, but look at how nicely the small transactions (all the way down to 0.000003!) were sent without a fee in this transaction:  https://blockchain.info/tx/0895a6fa923d399f5079c5a444a70a7543b5c34ebe4a5d21ae522350042b311e?show_adv=true

It seems as though packaging these smaller inputs with larger inputs allows them to be sent fee-free.  If you ever want to consolidate a small amount at a single address, send a larger amount to that address, then send them both back to the address you wanted to consolidate the small amount at.  Use the larger amount as a vehicle to transport the smaller amount, for free.  Wink
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:04:57 PM

It seems as though packaging these smaller inputs with larger inputs allows them to be sent fee-free.  If you ever want to consolidate a small amount at a single address, send a larger amount to that address, then send them both back to the address you wanted to consolidate the small amount at.  Use the larger amount as a vehicle to transport the smaller amount, for free.  Wink

That's right.  A transaction is free so long as it's less than 10,000 bytes and the average (input age) times (input size) is more than about 0.6 bitcoin days.  (The code tries to make the threshold 1 bitcoin-day, but allows 250 bytes per input, whereas since most public keys these days are compressed they only take up 148 bytes each in a transaction, causing transactions to be roughly 60% of the size the code expects).

So if you're trying to consolidate 66 single satoshis (the most you can fit into a 10k transaction), you'll need to bring an input with 67*0.6 =40.2 bitcoin days along with it (since the individual satoshis contribute effectively nothing to the transaction's priority no matter how old they are, being so small).  That can be a 1 day old 40.2 BTC input, or a 1 hour old 1000 BTC input, or any other combination which gives at least 40.2 bitcoin days.

The transaction you linked to included a 13 BTC input that was over a month old, so it alone contributed more than enough bitcoin days for the whole transaction.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 10:39:27 PM

That's right.  A transaction is free so long as it's less than 10,000 bytes and the average (input age) times (input size) is more than about 0.6 bitcoin days.  (The code tries to make the threshold 1 bitcoin-day, but allows 250 bytes per input, whereas since most public keys these days are compressed they only take up 148 bytes each in a transaction, causing transactions to be roughly 60% of the size the code expects).

So if you're trying to consolidate 66 single satoshis (the most you can fit into a 10k transaction), you'll need to bring an input with 67*0.6 =40.2 bitcoin days along with it (since the individual satoshis contribute effectively nothing to the transaction's priority no matter how old they are, being so small).  That can be a 1 day old 40.2 BTC input, or a 1 hour old 1000 BTC input, or any other combination which gives at least 40.2 bitcoin days.

The transaction you linked to included a 13 BTC input that was over a month old, so it alone contributed more than enough bitcoin days for the whole transaction.
Thanks.  That was the best explanation of the logic behind fees that I've heard yet.

So if I try to send a 0-day-old Satoshi by itself, the current rules dictate it would take 456,621 years to finally be confirmed!
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:09:37 AM

So if I try to send a 0-day-old Satoshi by itself, the current rules dictate it would take 456,621 years to finally be confirmed!

Kind of, but not really, for two reasons:

1) If any output of a transaction is less than 0.01 BTC then it isn't allowed to be free, no matter what the priority.  This is to prevent 'dust spam'.

2) Even transactions which don't have enough fees will be confirmed within a few days because there are some miners who don't enforce the fee rules.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
pixelcoin

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 05:25:30 AM

Have you considered making it easier to use free plays? Right now it seems frustratingly difficult because you have to spend ฿0.10 just to use one free play, giving you 11 bets, which on average will win you close to two free plays, so you'll get more free plays faster than you can use up the ones you already have!
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 05:51:26 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 11:11:18 PM by tiptopgemdotcom

I really like the idea of a bitcoin lottery and I played yesterday.  As of right now I will not play again.  Why?

YOUR SITE SUCKS.

For a for-profit business to have no way to ask a question and no contact link is just not acceptable.  I know you want to sit on your ass and collect money, but in the real world people have questions and if you have customers you have to answer those questions.  It is called "customer service", and it is important.

The funny thing is I got a payment out of the bet, but there is no way for me to see the "ticket" that your site "produced".

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ShaTwo

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 06:00:39 AM

I really like the idea of a bitcoin lottery and I played yesterday.  As of right now I will not play again.  Why?
YOUR SITE SUCKS.

Thank you for your feedback.

First, for a for-profit business to have no way to ask a question and no contact link is just not acceptable.  I know you want to sit on your ass and collect money, but in the real world people have questions and if you have customers you have to answer those questions.  It is called "customer service", and it is important.

Our contact information is on the site: https://bitmillions.com/about

I see you find our link to this topic on the forum, where we give support... also can find us in Facebook, Google+, Twitter or IRC. Besides you are receiving an answer just 2 minutes after you post this message.

Second, even though your site says that I can check my "ticket" by entering the payment address, I did that and it always says "0 tickets found" and "Displaying latest 0 tickets".  Here is my deposit address so you can try it for yourself:

1HSDNZYfcevZBNCZjj4y5wyxzbc79a6y32

The funny thing is I got a payment out of the bet, but there is no way for me to see the "ticket" that your site "produced".

That is the betting address, you should enter your address, not ours. Anyways if you just sent the bet, your ticket should be in this page... https://bitmillions.com/tickets how many BTCs did you sent?

If you like you can also send me a PM or an email to charly at shatwo dot com

ShaTwo

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 06:08:11 AM

Have you considered making it easier to use free plays? Right now it seems frustratingly difficult because you have to spend ฿0.10 just to use one free play, giving you 11 bets, which on average will win you close to two free plays, so you'll get more free plays faster than you can use up the ones you already have!

We have some plans where you will be able to redeem more free plays or even transfered to other players.

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

OK, very cool that you replied right away.  What I mean is there should be a way to contact you from the site other than mailing a letter.  Obviously I am like millions of other people who want to play your game- otherwise I wouldn't be on this thread telling you what I don't like. 

I still have no idea what you mean about my ticket.  OK, so I shouldn't enter my deposit address in order to find my ticket.  What address should I enter?

The whole point of having a place on the site to answer questions is so that dimwits like me can ask them.  I realize that the answer is obvious to you, but it isn't obvious to me.  And I'm not really bashing you even though it looks that way from my first post.  I just want to know how this all works, and I have not been able to find my answer in the FAQ.  My next step was to simply email you and ask, but that isn't possible from your site.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
Jaques

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 02:58:35 PM

Jaques, unfortunately bbit is a scammer, he applied for our beta tester launch promo and when we sent him the 1 FREE BTC to play, he kept it for himself, refused to play or to return the BTC.

1. First he sign up to participate in the beta testing

I'll help!
1HYPdQXk3bURyXoznRseCp7XRd1FcHnPmy

Grin

2. Before we sent the BTC to try the system, he claimed to be a winner and confirmed to have received the prize

I won 8 BTC it works!  Grin

3. After we sent him the BTC, he claim that thought it was a FREE BTC GIVE AWAY, refused to use the BTC to play and to give it back.

Read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140349.0 for more information.

Is sad to see people like that in the community. Sad

ok, i see, thank you
BRules

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 03:51:54 PM

OK, very cool that you replied right away.  What I mean is there should be a way to contact you from the site other than mailing a letter.  Obviously I am like millions of other people who want to play your game- otherwise I wouldn't be on this thread telling you what I don't like.  

I still have no idea what you mean about my ticket.  OK, so I shouldn't enter my deposit address in order to find my ticket.  What address should I enter?

The whole point of having a place on the site to answer questions is so that dimwits like me can ask them.  I realize that the answer is obvious to you, but it isn't obvious to me.  And I'm not really bashing you even though it looks that way from my first post.  I just want to know how this all works, and I have not been able to find my answer in the FAQ.  My next step was to simply email you and ask, but that isn't possible from your site.

you should enter your address, not ours.

this means the address that belongs to you, the address you have the private key.

By the way, the address 1HSDNZYfcevZBNCZjj4y5wyxzbc79a6y32 isn't your particular deposit address. it is the address that bitmillions use for everyone to buy tickets (similar to satoshidice bet addresses).

Let's assume that you're using the original bitcoin client and don't have control over what address will be used to send the bitcoins. As you can see in the search box on the site: "Enter Transaction ID or Address to find your Ticket", so just put the transaction id and you will find your tickets.

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:24:36 PM

I use blockchain.info, and I just looked at the address that I sent money from to find my ticket.  Finally.  LOL.  Why do they say "play for 68 draws" under my ticket and to the right?  What does this mean?  Why do I have two tickets?  I thought by sending .1BTC I would get ten plays?

Thanks for answering my questions!  Smiley

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
ShaTwo

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2013, 04:58:07 PM

I use blockchain.info, and I just looked at the address that I sent money from to find my ticket.  Finally.  LOL.  Why do they say "play for 68 draws" under my ticket and to the right?  What does this mean?  Why do I have two tickets?  I thought by sending .1BTC I would get ten plays?

Thanks for answering my questions!  Smiley

What is you address? Or send me the link to your ticket so I can take a look.

bbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 07:34:15 AM

I really like the idea of a bitcoin lottery and I played yesterday.  As of right now I will not play again.  Why?

YOUR SITE SUCKS.

First, for a for-profit business to have no way to ask a question and no contact link is just not acceptable.  I know you want to sit on your ass and collect money, but in the real world people have questions and if you have customers you have to answer those questions.  It is called "customer service", and it is important.

Second, even though your site says that I can check my "ticket" by entering the payment address, I did that and it always says "0 tickets found" and "Displaying latest 0 tickets".  Here is my deposit address so you can try it for yourself:

1HSDNZYfcevZBNCZjj4y5wyxzbc79a6y32

Basically this. Everything is broken and doesn't work. It's going to turn out these guys are going to be some sort of scam they have it written all over them.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 08:09:54 AM

Basically this. Everything is broken and doesn't work. It's going to turn out these guys are going to be some sort of scam they have it written all over them.

The guy who was complaining was basically mistaken about everything.  He didn't realise there are multiple ways of contacting the site owners, and didn't understand that everyone sees the same deposit address, and that you're meant to use your sending address when searching.

None of his criticisms were really anything that needed fixing, except perhaps that things need to be clearer on the site.

If these guys were planning to run a scam, I doubt they would have left such large amounts in the prize pools when they dropped the price of a ticket by a factor of 10.  They could quite justifiably have reduced each prize pool by a factor of 10, but decided not to.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ShaTwo

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2013, 08:54:51 AM

Basically this. Everything is broken and doesn't work.

Could you please be more specif in what is broken and doesn't work?

It's going to turn out these guys are going to be some sort of scam they have it written all over them.

We see the world the way we are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: