Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:44:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774982 times)
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:01:06 PM

Justify why the price of this crypt should increase at the end of the distribution? Because it's money from the air!

It wouldn't - it will increase now  Cool compare this VS IOTA - only comparable tech available yet we have 1/200th of the marketcap  Cool

The sell books are so thin all the way up to 8k satoshi - and if this hits bittrex soon.. my god help it

I doubt the price will increase now cause it's easily available to everyone so most likely lots of "dumps" will happen causing the price to steady at 1k+ satoshi and the wallet is still having problems so I doubt it will hit bittrex soon but I'm hoping that it will though.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
themathiasmiller

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:21:32 PM

Hi everyone. Previously, I let someone else to handle my RaiBlocks transactions for me. But that person has stopped his service recently so I have to handle everything by myself from now on.

The first thing I need to do is getting a RaiBlocks wallet. I don't know much about RaiBlocks wallets. I only know that there are official wallet and third party wallets. And I don't know the pros and cons of each wallet at the moment so I would appreciate if experienced people could share some opinions.

So aside from owning the key or not, what are the pros and cons of each RaiBlocks wallet?

Well I've only use two wallets and that's the official raiblock wallet and the raiwalletbot on telegram based on my experience here's what I think:

Raiwalletbot

Pros:
Very easy to use can be use in both mobile phone and a pc
Fast transaction (it takes less than a minute)

Cons:
Has 1 mrai fee when you send mrai to a certain address
Requires a mobile phone and number for verification
You don't own keys of if you happen to lose your phone it will be hard for you to retrieve your coins
And if the bot has a problem there will be a delay in your transactions

Official Raiblock Wallet

Pros:
You own keys so you have full control of your coins
No transaction fees
No need to verify using a mobile phone number

Cons:
It takes a lot of time to seed your wallet sometimes it takes days
More complicated than the raiwallet bot
You can encounter lots of seeding problems

Verdict: If you are a newbie then I suggest you use the raiwallet bot on telegram it's easy to use and transactions are very fast you can receive your coins within seconds but if you want to have a full control of your coins then use the official wallet but I don't recommend it though it takes so much time to receive the coins.

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
jayycox

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:58:07 PM

RaiBlocks Newsletter 6th August 2017 (Issue: 2)

Welcome to the second issue of the RaiBlocks Newsletter which is published every 2 weeks and aims to summarise developments in the raiblocks cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Core Wallet/Node Development
Since the last newsletter there has been a lot of work on the core wallet/nodes, there have been 26 commits including work to reduce the IO load of the nodes, additional RPC commands, updates to the submodules including an big update to the latest Beast git, and a lot of work on improving syncing. Code as been from 3 contributors with 1018 line additions and 16343 line deletions. For more details see https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks
One of the contributing factors to the slow sync reports is that there are people running old versions of wallets/nodes, please upgrade to the latest release as this will help support the network. In the future old wallets/nodes will not be supported and are likely to be forced off the network.

Third Party Services
 - RaiWalletBot achievement: 50,000 users, 75,000 xrb accounts
 - YapRai Wallet has now over 3500 users
 - BlockFevr (https://blockfevr.com/game/dice/XRB) has 600+ users, 131000 bets, in total 91000xrb has been bet, biggest profit was 900xrb for an 80xrb deposit - the team are now working on version 2
 - RaiGames (https://raigames.io/) has 7700+ users, 25000000xrb have been wagered and someone won a jackpot of 55518xrb

User Interview
icarusglider (@icarusglider on slack, @icarusglider on twitter)
1)How did you find out about RaiBlocks?
I found XRB in June of this year while looking for worthwhile projects to become involved with and invest in. This was during peak ICO hype and someone compared it to IOTA at a lower market cap. I investigated and was hooked- it reminded me of when I found bitcoin in 2010 on Slashdot, early and rough around the edges but promising!

2) How have you used RaiBlocks?
I've been using RaiBlocks primarily as an investment and have been buying and trading it since I found it. I'm a fan of bustabit so of course I've played some rounds at raigames.io Wink

3) How can we make RaiBlocks more accessible?
Right now, the main barrier to mass adoption is ease of use. As the wallet reaches maturity and these issues are ironed out, adoption into other exchanges will certainly help with exposure to the public and it can really start growing. I'm fascinated by Colin's idea for using RaiBlocks as a micro transaction platform to support sites, allowing you to send small amount when browsing in order to avoid seeing ads on sites. Further, I am actively working on my own understanding of the protocol and code to develop a mobile wallet for Android and IOS.

Scam Alert
Please be aware that a scam ‘light online wallet’ has been published called myraiwallet.com (this is different to raiwallet.com) - please be cautious as it asks for your wallet seed, by handing this over you also hand over control of your wallet.

Dev Profile
MikeRow (@mikerow on slack)
1) What Projects Do You Work On?
I'm actually mostly keeping faucet running, with the cooperation of Timothy. It consists on keep your eye on distribution payout several hours per days. When updates are available I usually update my easyraikit scripts on GitHub.

2) When did you get involved with RaiBlocks?
I knew XRB as investment more than 1 year ago. After some troubles I decided to run a new website which was then used as "official" website and faucet.

3) Where do you see RaiBlocks in 5 years time?
With a good core team, useful tools (lightwallets for every device) and a bit of adoption by services as payment option, I see it very very fine.

4) If someone wanted to help RaiBlocks whats the best way they can?
I suggest to fill the lacks we are having in terms of tools, talk about it or help the devs core with commits. Some interesting devs joined and I hope good things will come out next months.

Technical Analysis of a Feature
What is PoW?
All cryptocurrencies are at risk of spam transactions where someone sends a large number of small transactions which clog up the network. As RaiBlocks has no fees and is fast it would be particularly at risk to spam attacks and so every transaction requires Proof of Work, a small calculation is performed to send or receive a transaction. Therefore if you try to send lots of transactions it will take up CPU time. This works well but does provide a challenge to bigger services such as exchanges or online wallets - this can be overcome with more cpu power, using a GPU for accelerated calculations or in the future off loading the work to another service.

Next Newsletter
If anyone would like to review a 3rd party service then please get in touch, will be happy to donate some xrb for your time (depending on the quality of the review!). Also if you have a service you want included or just wanted to get involved please contact me @jaycox on slack.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:51:56 PM

Nice to see these newletters, keep up the good work. Raiblocks is probably the most undervalued project in crypto atm.

zecon

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

spattered throughout the golden ethers

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:59:49 PM

Welcome to the second issue of the RaiBlocks Newsletter which is published every 2 weeks and aims to summarise developments in the raiblocks cryptocurrency ecosystem.

Core Wallet/Node Development
Since the last newsletter there has been a lot of work on the core wallet/nodes, there have been 26 commits including work to reduce the IO load of the nodes, additional RPC commands, updates to the submodules including an big update to the latest Beast git, and a lot of work on improving syncing. Code as been from 3 contributors with 1018 line additions and 16343 line deletions. For more details see https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks
One of the contributing factors to the slow sync reports is that there are people running old versions of wallets/nodes, please upgrade to the latest release as this will help support the network. In the future old wallets/nodes will not be supported and are likely to be forced off the network.

Third Party Services
 - RaiWalletBot achievement: 50,000 users, 75,000 xrb accounts
 - YapRai Wallet has now over 3500 users
 - BlockFevr (https://blockfevr.com/game/dice/XRB) has 600+ users, 131000 bets, in total 91000xrb has been bet, biggest profit was 900xrb for an 80xrb deposit - the team are now working on version 2
 - RaiGames (https://raigames.io/) has 7700+ users, 25000000xrb have been wagered and someone won a jackpot of 55518xrb

User Interview
icarusglider (@icarusglider on slack, @icarusglider on twitter)
1)How did you find out about RaiBlocks?
I found XRB in June of this year while looking for worthwhile projects to become involved with and invest in. This was during peak ICO hype and someone compared it to IOTA at a lower market cap. I investigated and was hooked- it reminded me of when I found bitcoin in 2010 on Slashdot, early and rough around the edges but promising!

2) How have you used RaiBlocks?
I've been using RaiBlocks primarily as an investment and have been buying and trading it since I found it. I'm a fan of bustabit so of course I've played some rounds at raigames.io Wink

3) How can we make RaiBlocks more accessible?
Right now, the main barrier to mass adoption is ease of use. As the wallet reaches maturity and these issues are ironed out, adoption into other exchanges will certainly help with exposure to the public and it can really start growing. I'm fascinated by Colin's idea for using RaiBlocks as a micro transaction platform to support sites, allowing you to send small amount when browsing in order to avoid seeing ads on sites. Further, I am actively working on my own understanding of the protocol and code to develop a mobile wallet for Android and IOS.

Scam Alert
Please be aware that a scam ‘light online wallet’ has been published called myraiwallet.com (this is different to raiwallet.com) - please be cautious as it asks for your wallet seed, by handing this over you also hand over control of your wallet.

Dev Profile
MikeRow (@mikerow on slack)
1) What Projects Do You Work On?
I'm actually mostly keeping faucet running, with the cooperation of Timothy. It consists on keep your eye on distribution payout several hours per days. When updates are available I usually update my easyraikit scripts on GitHub.

2) When did you get involved with RaiBlocks?
I knew XRB as investment more than 1 year ago. After some troubles I decided to run a new website which was then used as "official" website and faucet.

3) Where do you see RaiBlocks in 5 years time?
With a good core team, useful tools (lightwallets for every device) and a bit of adoption by services as payment option, I see it very very fine.

4) If someone wanted to help RaiBlocks whats the best way they can?
I suggest to fill the lacks we are having in terms of tools, talk about it or help the devs core with commits. Some interesting devs joined and I hope good things will come out next months.

Technical Analysis of a Feature
What is PoW?
All cryptocurrencies are at risk of spam transactions where someone sends a large number of small transactions which clog up the network. As RaiBlocks has no fees and is fast it would be particularly at risk to spam attacks and so every transaction requires Proof of Work, a small calculation is performed to send or receive a transaction. Therefore if you try to send lots of transactions it will take up CPU time. This works well but does provide a challenge to bigger services such as exchanges or online wallets - this can be overcome with more cpu power, using a GPU for accelerated calculations or in the future off loading the work to another service.

Next Newsletter
If anyone would like to review a 3rd party service then please get in touch, will be happy to donate some xrb for your time (depending on the quality of the review!). Also if you have a service you want included or just wanted to get involved please contact me @jaycox on slack.

Very nice growth-- what are the plans to expand the exchange access? I think most people prefer using other services outside of Mercatox to purchase $XRB.

If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
— Jim Rohn
t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:16:51 PM

Great having a newsletter. Keeps everyone updated on what's going on in just one reading if you're too lazy to backread the forum posts.
ethantaylor

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:10:39 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 12:39:48 AM by ethantaylor

Hi everyone. Previously, I let someone else to handle my RaiBlocks transactions for me. But that person has stopped his service recently so I have to handle everything by myself from now on.

The first thing I need to do is getting a RaiBlocks wallet. I don't know much about RaiBlocks wallets. I only know that there are official wallet and third party wallets. And I don't know the pros and cons of each wallet at the moment so I would appreciate if experienced people could share some opinions.

So aside from owning the key or not, what are the pros and cons of each RaiBlocks wallet?

Well I've only use two wallets and that's the official raiblock wallet and the raiwalletbot on telegram based on my experience here's what I think:

Raiwalletbot

Pros:
Very easy to use can be use in both mobile phone and a pc
Fast transaction (it takes less than a minute)

Cons:
Has 1 mrai fee when you send mrai to a certain address
Requires a mobile phone and number for verification
You don't own keys of if you happen to lose your phone it will be hard for you to retrieve your coins
And if the bot has a problem there will be a delay in your transactions

Official Raiblock Wallet

Pros:
You own keys so you have full control of your coins
No transaction fees
No need to verify using a mobile phone number

Cons:
It takes a lot of time to seed your wallet sometimes it takes days
More complicated than the raiwallet bot
You can encounter lots of seeding problems

Verdict: If you are a newbie then I suggest you use the raiwallet bot on telegram it's easy to use and transactions are very fast you can receive your coins within seconds but if you want to have a full control of your coins then use the official wallet but I don't recommend it though it takes so much time to receive the coins.

Thank you very much! I ended up choosing the official wallet. I watched a helpful tutorial video about how to use the official wallet so I guess it would not be a problem for me to use the official wallet.

dqhuang

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:19:46 AM

I still don't understand what this coin is for. I don't understand the point of solving captchas, seems arbitrary.

keep click the captchas and unstill you list on top 10 then you will get xrb
ethantaylor

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:26:14 AM

I would like to suggest adding an option for minimizing the wallet application to system tray (bottom-right corner).

burner2015

Activity: 238

Co founder & CMO SocialX

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:56:43 AM

Smooth update

● ● SocialX ● # PRESALE LIVE NOW   ICO January 15, 2018 ● ●                      
FIRST DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK ●
● [ROADMAP] [BITCOINTALK] [WEBSITE] [SLACK] [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK] ●
cimanu

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:00:57 AM

Cheaters and bots will soon have more coins than developers  Cheesy
themathiasmiller

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:23:01 AM

Threshold is getting higher and higher everyday now it's back to 6,000+ and multi tabs are not allowed anymore...why is this happening??

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 11:30:10 AM

I heard a lot of hype about IOTA but I know that XRB has similar features and markep cap is way lower.
Could someone compare these cryptos in short?
What are the main pro et contra?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
nhutvien

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:54:51 AM

return captcha help cheating? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDFMnJ3IwA
ethantaylor

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:31:41 PM

Someone had replied you that program is an old one and doesn't work anymore.

nhutvien

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:36:12 PM

captcha in video and captcha faucet same
nhutvien

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:40:54 PM

now i need sharingan to see captcha
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:44:41 PM

Why do people compare RAIblocks to Iota? What do they have in common?
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:52:04 PM

I still don't understand what this coin is for. I don't understand the point of solving captchas, seems arbitrary.

keep click the captchas and unstill you list on top 10 then you will get xrb
he's not asking if how to get those free coins he's asking about the purpose of this project, perhaps most of us here only seen this project to be profitable for daily claimed but really don't bother to understand the purpose and how the project will bring the coin into a successful and useful progress.
ethantaylor

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:17:24 PM

captcha in video and captcha faucet same

The point is that, the bot program in the video you linked is outdated and does not work anymore. So you don't need to worry about that particular bot program.

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: