Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 639 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments  (Read 774983 times)
Byte16

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

You are telling me this coin right now handles less transactions than a normal btc clone and transactions times takes hours?
Check transaction time between https://t.me/RaiWalletBot and https://yapraiwallet.space or between synchonized wallets. Usually it takes 10-30 seconds. If exchanges doesn't want to upgrade servers and want to use 3 transactions to receive instead of 1 (each TX require PoW), that's another point.

Victory33

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

Price doesn't go down Sad I had to buy when Rai was in 1-2k sato range. But I still hope the pump will eventually come to an end!

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 04:20:13 PM

You are telling me this coin right now handles less transactions than a normal btc clone and transactions times takes hours?
Check transaction time between https://t.me/RaiWalletBot and https://yapraiwallet.space or between synchonized wallets. Usually it takes 10-30 seconds. If exchanges doesn't want to upgrade servers and want to use 3 transactions to receive instead of 1 (each TX require PoW), that's another point.

It is possible to make a light wallet ?
HappyLuke

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

Price doesn't go down Sad I had to buy when Rai was in 1-2k sato range. But I still hope the pump will eventually come to an end!

It dropped to 3700ish overnight. That would have been the time to get in imo.

Look at inpay if you're looking for something that hasn't blown up yet
Byte16

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

It is possible to make a light wallet ?
It's immenent. Even several version I guess. Like JS light wallet, wallet/node with pruned blockchain etc.

jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 08:11:44 PM

Buy now if you want to buy, Its not going to 2k range again. You will be saying the same thing for 4k in coming days..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

Byte16

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 08:43:10 PM

how can I use 2captcha or anti-captcha to solve the captchas for me?
There are easier ways to be banned. Write RaiBlocksCommunityWill directly to block your IP from faucet Cheesy

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 09:16:29 PM

What's up with the link to slack on the website throwing a 404?

I'm interested in this coin but little things like this turn off investors....
Byte16

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 09:31:34 PM

What's up with the link to slack on the website throwing a 404?

I'm interested in this coin but little things like this turn off investors....
http://slack.raiblocks.net  Undecided

jayycox

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:52:23 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 10:02:55 PM by jayycox

With all the recent interest in Raiblocks - thought it might be helpful for a few FAQs that could be linked to. Firstly apologies if these are obvious or you already know the answers! While I'm a relative newbie on BCT i've been around for a while and am active in other channels of the community.

Disclaimer - I run a number of XRB related services including YapRai Wallet, @XRB_giveaway on twitter and the raiblockstradebot on telegram. I have also contributed code to the raiblocks wallet

Quick Info
1) RaiBlocks also known as XRB. XRB is the main denomination - it had previously been planned to use 'rai' to make Krai and Mrai but this caused more confusion so instead was changed to XRB.
2) ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SEED SO THAT YOU CAN RECOVER YOUR ACCOUNT

How do I mine RaiBlocks?
All the RaiBlocks have already been generated, you cannot mine RaiBlocks, instead RaiBlocks are being distributed - 17,000 xrb every hour (more info can be found here https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki/Distribution-and-Mining). To claim a part of the distribution you have to prove you are human with google captchas. A number of different systems were trialled and the current one works best to balance the server loads with ensuring the distribution works. Currently the top 150 claiming addresses get a share or the distribution, you accumulate your claims until you reach that top 150 and then you start again.
The RaiBlocks team promote solo claiming but can't stop people claiming in a team off a single xrb address. There was a trial with pools which off loaded the work from the faucet server but some people abused this system, there were some pools that scammed people and didn't pay them fairly and so pools were stopped - pools are not allowed and it is not recommended to join anything claiming to be a pool.

Why hasn't my transaction pocketed/has my wallet synced?
If your transaction appears on raiblockscommunity.net as not pocketed then it means that the receiving wallet (node) isn't fully synced. If you are using a desktop wallet (particularly windows) there have been a number of reported problems with the initial sync (i.e. when you first install the wallet). First thing to say is that actually once you've synced up the wallets remain in sync pretty well, just need to get there.
There are 2 options:
1) Leave your wallet open - it should eventually get to fully synced, the quickest the dev team have synced a node is in 40 minutes, if you are stretching into a period of days then perhaps you should try option 2.
2) Boot strap with a downloaded data.ldb (the blockchain/lattice of raiblocks) - this is clearly documented here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.msg19562825#msg19562825 . This allows you to skip the early sync and get right up to speed, remember you need to identify if you have a 32bit CPU or 64bit CPU. Please get your download from a reputable source.

This sync issue is being carefully looked into by the RaiBlocks Dev Team

I've sent my XRB to 'Some Exchange' and it has taken x hours to arrive, I thought RaiBlocks was instantaneous!
RaiBlocks is really quick - for example sending between @RaiWalletBot and YapRai Web Wallet takes about 20seconds. These transactions are between fully synced nodes. When a transaction occurs the tx (sender) wallet and the rx (receiver) wallet both perform a complex calculation that can take a CPU a few seconds to complete. This is known as a PoW and is in place as an anti-spam mechanism (makes it difficult to send thousands of transactions and flood the network). The challenge is that when you are running an exchange that goes from having a few transactions an hour to hundreds an hour (as has occurred recently) the have to perform a PoW for each transactions (both external and internal), this results in everything getting backed up, queued and it takes time to clear the backlog. This issue is something that new exchanges and services need to take into consideration.

How do you get around this? - upgrade the server (mooooore power), streamline your transactions (could you do few tx and therefore less work), the PoW can be done on a GPU using openCL which would be more capable then a CPU. There is also the functionality to have remote PoW, someone could run a PoW server which could do the PoW for other services and perhaps could charge a fee (business idea there).

Why isn't RaiBlocks on Bittrex/Poloniex?
Because they aren't yet, there has been some discussions in the past with Bittrex but as documented before implementing RaiBlocks is a bit harder then a clonecoin. The nodes are a bit different so don't just slot in with their API, there aren't confirmations, there is the PoW issue. Yes an altcoin isn't an altcoin unless its on these exchanges and yes RaiBlocks will go to the moon when they are. My own opinion (not necessarily of the RaiBlocks Dev Team) I suspect (and i have no evidence for this) that they are watching to see how this recent surge in popularity goes.

I've heard rumours about the RaiBlocks community...
The RaiBlocks community is a very varied group of people, I suspect its quite unique to crypto and the system has introduced lots of people to the world of cryptocurrencies. Due to the nature of the distribution it is possible for people living in less developed places to actually make a living from doing captchas, collecting claims and then getting XRB (which they then sell). There is therefore a small group of people who rely on the system to live and if things don't get smoothly can get upset, this unfortunately resulted in online altercations. This behaviour is not acceptable in the RaiBlocks community and there has been work to make the community friendly and accepting. RaiBlocks has the possibility to actually be something good throughout the world - the first steps for this is to create an inclusive community.

How can I store XRB?
1) Download a desktop wallet (current version is 7.8.4) and sync it fully (before you make a transaction)
2) Use an online wallet - on telegram you can use @RaiWalletBot (https://t.me/RaiWalletBot), for a web wallet you can use YapRai (https://yapraiwallet.space)

Where can I discuss about RaiBlocks?
1) Here
2) On Telegram https://t.me/raiblocks
3) On Slack (mainly dev discussions) http://slack.raiblocks.net/
4) On Twitter - use $XRB and #raiblocks

Is RaiBlocks a clone of IOTA
While there are a few functional similarities between the two cryptocurrencies (zero fees, slightly similar ideas of multiple block chains) the two aren't actually related and its not necessarily helpful to compare them further.

Hope that helps...
sKroXx

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:02:48 PM

With all the recent interest in Raiblocks - thought it might be helpful for a few FAQs that could be linked to. Firstly apologies if these are obvious or you already know the answers! While I'm a relative newbie on BCT i've been around for a while and am active in other channels of the community.

Disclaimer - I run a number of XRB related services including YapRai Wallet, @XRB_giveaway on twitter and the raiblockstradebot on telegram. I have also contributed code to the raiblocks wallet

Quick Info
1) RaiBlocks also known as XRB. XRB is the main denomination - it had previously been planned to use 'rai' to make Krai and Mrai but this caused more confusion so instead was changed to XRB.

How do I mine RaiBlocks?
All the RaiBlocks have already been generated, you cannot mine RaiBlocks, instead RaiBlocks are being distributed - 17,000 xrb every hour (more info can be found here https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki/Distribution-and-Mining). To claim a part of the distribution you have to prove you are human with google captchas. A number of different systems were trialled and the current one works best to balance the server loads with ensuring the distribution works. Currently the top 150 claiming addresses get a share or the distribution, you accumulate your claims until you reach that top 150 and then you start again.
The RaiBlocks team promote solo claiming but can't stop people claiming in a team off a single xrb address. There was a trial with pools which off loaded the work from the faucet server but some people abused this system, there were some pools that scammed people and didn't pay them fairly and so pools were stopped - pools are not allowed and it is not recommended to join anything claiming to be a pool.

If your transaction appears on raiblockscommunity.net as not pocketed then it means that the receiving wallet (node) isn't fully synced. If you are using a desktop wallet (particularly windows) there have been a number of reported problems with the initial sync (i.e. when you first install the wallet). First thing to say is that actually once you've synced up the wallets remain in sync pretty well, just need to get there.
There are 2 options:
1) Leave your wallet open - it should eventually get to fully synced, the quickest the dev team have synced a node is in 40 minutes, if you are stretching into a period of days then perhaps you should try option 2.
2) Boot strap with a downloaded data.ldb (the blockchain/lattice of raiblocks) - this is clearly documented here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381323.msg19562825#msg19562825 . This allows you to skip the early sync and get right up to speed, remember you need to identify if you have a 32bit CPU or 64bit CPU. Please get your download from a reputable source.

I've sent my XRB to 'Some Exchange' and it has taken x hours to arrive, I thought RaiBlocks was instantaneous!
RaiBlocks is really quick - for example sending between @RaiWalletBot and YapRai Web Wallet takes about 20seconds. These transactions are between fully synced nodes. When a transaction occurs the tx (sender) wallet and the rx (receiver) wallet both perform a complex calculation that can take a CPU a few seconds to complete. This is known as a PoW and is in place as an anti-spam mechanism (makes it difficult to send thousands of transactions and flood the network). The challenge is that when you are running an exchange that goes from having a few transactions an hour to hundreds an hour (as has occurred recently) the have to perform a PoW for each transactions (both external and internal), this results in everything getting backed up, queued and it takes time to clear the backlog. This issue is something that new exchanges and services need to take into consideration.

How do you get around this? - upgrade the server (mooooore power), streamline your transactions (could you do few tx and therefore less work), the PoW can be done on a GPU using openCL which would be more capable then a CPU. There is also the functionality to have remote PoW, someone could run a PoW server which could do the PoW for other services and perhaps could charge a fee (business idea there).

Because they aren't yet, there has been some discussions in the past with Bittrex but as documented before implementing RaiBlocks is a bit harder then a clonecoin. The nodes are a bit different so don't just slot in with their API, there aren't confirmations, there is the PoW issue. Yes an altcoin isn't an altcoin unless its on these exchanges and yes RaiBlocks will go to the moon when they are. My own opinion (not necessarily of the RaiBlocks Dev Team) I suspect (and i have no evidence for this) that they are watching to see how this recent surge in popularity goes.

The RaiBlocks community is a very varied group of people, I suspect its quite unique to crypto and the system has introduced lots of people to the world of cryptocurrencies. Due to the nature of the distribution it is possible for people living in less developed places to actually make a living from doing captchas, collecting claims and then getting XRB (which they then sell). There is therefore a small group of people who rely on the system to live and if things don't get smoothly can get upset, this unfortunately resulted in online altercations. This behaviour is not acceptable in the RaiBlocks community and there has been work to make the community friendly and accepting. RaiBlocks has the possibility to actually be something good throughout the world - the first steps for this is to create an inclusive community.

How can I store XRB?
1) Download a desktop wallet (current version is 7.8.4) and sync it fully (before you make a transaction)
2) Use an online wallet - on telegram you can use @RaiWalletBot (https://t.me/RaiWalletBot), for a web wallet you can use YapRai (https://yapraiwallet.space)

1) Here

While there are a few functional similarities between the two cryptocurrencies (zero fees, slightly similar ideas of multiple block chains) the two aren't actually related and its not necessarily helpful to compare them further.

Hope that helps...

Great sum up! This will clear almost all the recent uncertainty that has been preaching XRB.
STEALTHMODE

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

No TX Fees #JustRaiBlocks

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:18:00 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 11:30:56 PM by STEALTHMODE

Very good info about RaiBlocks. Does anyone know the differences between IOTA and Raiblocks besides IOTA being another ICO and Raiblocks having a more fair distribution through proof of Captcha's.

Oh Yes and way less coins...

IOTA 2,779,530,283
XRB NOW 81,179,348 XRB Total Supply 340,282,367 XRB
Byte16

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 11:47:51 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 12:01:57 AM by Byte16

Oh Yes and way less coins...

IOTA 2,779,530,283
XRB NOW 81,179,348 XRB Total Supply 340,282,367 XRB
Supply is just matter of dividers here
Trading 1 XRB (former Mrai) = 10^30 RAW RaiBlocks. There was discussion about Mrai = Mxrb or XRB jayycox write several post before
Trading 1 MIOTA = 10^6 IOTA (correct me if I'm wrong, 1 IOTA is smallest unit?)

So:
IOTA 2 779 530 283 277 761 smallest units total
RaiBlocks 340 282 366 920 938 463 463 374 607 431 768 211 455 smallest units total (2^128 - 1)

For comparision:
Bitcoin 2 100 000 000 000 000 smallest units total (satoshi)
Ethereum ~ 92 574 106 000 000 000 000 000 000 smallest units circulating (wei)

Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:18:17 AM

I unfollowed this project and sold all my XRB about a month ago when it was just still 1400 sat each. A very big mistake in my part. Sad
Fredomago
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1052

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:58:54 AM

I unfollowed this project and sold all my XRB about a month ago when it was just still 1400 sat each. A very big mistake in my part. Sad
Same thing happen to me just sold my 2k mrai at the price of 1200 sat thinking that it will fall down and collapse but after just a week it went to 4k+ sat per mrai i really feel sorry but thats life crypto world is really full of surprises so just keep claiming and try my luck again.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:41:19 AM

Quick Info

How do I mine RaiBlocks?

There are 2 options:

How can I store XRB?

1) Here

Hope that helps...

Awesome summary. Thanks.

XRB is being developed without the millions of USD raised in ICOs.

All these scammy ICOs are just vapourware and should be hanging their heads in shame.

RAIBLOCKS for the win.
faucetcollector

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 07:46:54 AM

Yesterday I bought some XRB on bitgrail and whitdrawn to my wallet. But nothing received yet. When I look at the "transaction id" the raiblockscummunity website states: "INVALID BLOCK."
So I guess something must have gone wrong?

Opened a support ticket with them, so will see how good their support is.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:00:01 AM

Yesterday I bought some XRB on bitgrail and whitdrawn to my wallet. But nothing received yet. When I look at the "transaction id" the raiblockscummunity website states: "INVALID BLOCK."

You'll need to wait. They've broadcasted the transaction but their node isn't up to date.
faucetcollector

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 08:09:13 AM

You'll need to wait. They've broadcasted the transaction but their node isn't up to date.

Okay, thanks! So the increase of volume and the PoW that needs a powerful server(s) is probably the cause,
right?

And thanks @jayycox for your FAQ, clears some stuff up.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:55:49 AM

I asked one of XRB developer's to give me his private XRB address, so I send him some coins as a "thank" you for helping me with my private wallet.
Guy gave me their shared developer address, instead of his private address.

Had to ask him for this -private- address again in order to get it.

This folks, is great news.
Developers that aren't selfish. This is something you don't see every day in crypto.

After all the issues are sorted out with the wallet, XRB will be added on our site (check signature) and after that, you'll see a lot of services/faucets opening.

Long live XRB!
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 639 »
  Print  

Jump to: