Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636340 times)
cretanicious

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:43:20 AM

Good watch for the ripple cartel

https://youtu.be/SMEOKDVXlUo

Ripple is business as usual disguised as blockchain tech
o its the word of 1000 skilled and educated professionals against the word of 1.... well let me think what shold i choose. Smiley

Hehe yeah the same educated professionals that ripped us of with the Libor scam, gold market manipulation, ninja loans, CDO's and what not more. The Professional and educated elite 1% that will suck every single dollar out of your pockets of you allow them to do so.

The fundamental idea behind blockchain is to get rid of cartels like ripple. Ripple is a continuation of what we already have for the last 30 years. Brings nothing new to the table. Their POS imimplementation is a cartel, a consortium, might as well call it a centralized clearing house that controls the consensus top down
As a 1st word citizen i have to say that i was not ever disappointed from capitalism.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:44:48 AM

Also interesting read. It's an analysis of ripples flawed cartel/consensus implementation. It's a shipwreck really

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/petertodd/ripple-consensus-analysis-paper/master/paper.pdf
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:48:11 AM

Also interesting read. It's an analysis of ripples flawed cartel/consensus implementation. It's a shipwreck really

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/petertodd/ripple-consensus-analysis-paper/master/paper.pdf

More advertising for autism.

MODS please remove "Cok", reason : autism, fake news, advertising, spamming.

Cant wait to find out who you really are Wink

And BTW your link is MALWARE. COMP IS SPREADING MALEWARE BE CAREFUL
cretanicious

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:55:51 AM

are you hurt for not bying ripple the right moment?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:23:59 AM

comp, i am slighty suspicious about your links, if they do contain malware/viruses you will be banned..inc your ip ad

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
comp

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:24:53 AM

More advertising for autism.

MODS please remove "Cok", reason : autism, fake news, advertising, spamming.

Cant wait to find out who you really are Wink

And BTW your link is MALWARE. COMP IS SPREADING MALEWARE BE CAREFUL

Great malware from github. For people believing this idiot just search on Google: Peter Todd consensus ripple

You will find the PDF yourself. Make sure you read the consensus section carefully. I believe the consensus is called a clique, like a small group of 5 -8 people pushing the consensus through the throats of it's networks users.

It's more a less just a bank or a clearing house. Nothing more nothing less. Ripple is a company from the past trying to survive using buzzwords and the money of the 99% to fill their pockets even more.

Stay away from ripple !!
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:26:01 AM

you seem to be really fascinated by peter lol, did you just start listening to his gibberish now

you seem lost...dont buy XRP, ok what shall i buy?

(you sold at the wrong time, and now your butt hurt)

also not clearing house
to me its
Financial datawarehouse, go learn what a datawarehouse is  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
comp

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:36:21 AM

you seem to be really fascinated by peter lol, did you just start listening to his gibberish now

Can you elaborate on the technical side of the clique like imllementation of consensus on the ripple network or is your brain stuck at words like butt and hurt? Of that is the case I can fully understand why you are so fanatic about ripple. You are just not able to comprehend what is going on. You just sat down on the couch with your 6pack of beer some months ago, deciding to buy ripple after reading one tweet with bank and ripple in it, and now you need to keep telling yourself that this 150 dollars you have put into it will make you a millionaire. You must be desperately bleeding that golden ticket.

I'm just here to warn beginners not to buy into this ponzi. You're just recycling gifs, utter stupidity, personal attacks but really 0 usuable content or technical analysis. I assume you just don't care as long as you find another idiot that can but some ripples to turn your 150 bucks in 151.

Did I already say this was a great ripple analysis ---》》》 https://youtu.be/mQKxSVLLfAk
cretanicious

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

Can you elaborate on the technical side of the clique like imllementation of consensus on the ripple network or is your brain stuck at words like butt and hurt? Of that is the case I can fully understand why you are so fanatic about ripple. You are just not able to comprehend what is going on. You just sat down on the couch with your 6pack of beer some months ago, deciding to buy ripple after reading one tweet with bank and ripple in it, and now you need to keep telling yourself that this 150 dollars you have put into it will make you a millionaire. You must be desperately bleeding that golden ticket.

I'm just here to warn beginners not to buy into this ponzi. You're just recycling gifs, utter stupidity, personal attacks but really 0 usuable content or technical analysis. I assume you just don't care as long as you find another idiot that can but some ripples to turn your 150 bucks in 151.

Did I already say this was a great ripple analysis ---》》》 https://youtu.be/mQKxSVLLfAk

there are people that want long term investments.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:06:28 AM

Comp is probably Peter Tod or Tone Vays himself who are buthurt..  Their BTC is going to be forked out of their hands..  Grin
Now they fears that XRP is going to take over BTC..  Tongue
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:11:31 AM

Can you more elaborate on the technical side taking following factors:

a.) Any other independent reviewer, that has no commercial need to criticise Ripple as possible competitor.
b.) Something that is not back in 2015, we kind of mid 2017
c.) Taking words of Ripple representative, where they either admit problem or present solution

Unfortunately you have a bad record in this topic to consider you trustworthy.

Also speaking of innovations: Bitcoin was not that innovative and build on top of concepts that already existed long before, Litecoin is copy of Bitcoin that is test sandbox, Ethereum as-well does not bring completely new things into world, they just implemented something that was designed before but did not have much support. Most other coins have copy/paste Bitcoin base we small ammendments. Most "privacy" coins has questionable privacy and so on and so forth. Apple was not first company to create phone with touch screen, and concepts were put on paper far before when ever first touch screen phone appeared.

So, again what are you trying to bring on the table?
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:15:51 AM

https://ripple.com/insights/nine-things-need-know-xrp/

Nine Things You Need to Know About XRP

8. XRP is the future

It’s a question of WHEN, not IF, banks and other financial institutions begin using digital assets in their day-to-day business operations and it will be interesting to see who the winners and losers in the digital asset space will be. We are confident that XRP will succeed because it has a purpose – enabling financial institutions to send money across borders quickly, cheaply, and easily – that is relevant to businesses and consumers everywhere.

🤔

this is the first time i've ever seen anyone at ripple say something so definitively.

I think not a lot here understand importance of this article: everyone who is following will see that Ripple more and more stands out to criticise ETH and BTC and promote XRP, and this one started in beginning on June, also they public recognise XRP as an assets and that is should and will be used as cross-border currency.

More and more attention is coming officially already, very positive sign to keep in mind.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:23:04 AM

heres your stupid elaboration you ask for lol...

Can you elaborate on the technical side of the clique like imllementation of consensus on the ripple network --- NO, for you , why should i?

some months ago, deciding to buy ripple after reading one tweet with bank and ripple in it(maybe i began the tweet Wink, 150 dollars you have put into it will make you a millionaire. - if it was $150 then, im now sitting on $12000,(not bad eh)
 which i wouldve missed out on if i listened to uneducated people like you. (peter and tony did the same with eth, they made so many people sell or lose out on the eth train, sickos)

I'm just here to warn beginners not to buy into this ponzi.- so now yout the concern troll, here to save everyone, stfu, iv seen many losers like you  Kiss

Did I already say this was a great ripple analysis ---》》》 https://youtu.be/mQKxSVLLfAk - yes you keep spammin a 6month old clip of two btc maximilists

comp

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:32:32 AM

a.) Any other independent reviewer, that has no commercial need to criticise Ripple as possible competitor.
c.) Taking words of Ripple representative, where they either admit problem or present solution

Also speaking of innovations: Bitcoin was not that innovative and build on top of concepts that already existed long before, Litecoin is copy of Bitcoin that is test sandbox, Ethereum as-well does not bring completely new things into world, they just implemented something that was designed before but did not have much support. Most other coins have copy/paste Bitcoin base we small ammendments. Most "privacy" coins has questionable privacy and so on and so forth. Apple was not first company to create phone with touch screen, and concepts were put on paper far before when ever first touch screen phone appeared.

I really do not understand this reflex towards ETH bitcoin or other coins. I hold none of them. ETH is a gigantic piece of crap  just like ripple

Too bad nobody is going to discuss technical side of things. My 2 cents is that ultra scammer Jed McCaleb convinced the ripple ppl to attain a shitlload of money by trying to mix up blockchain a token and whatever cryptocrap and now ripple has a big problem because they are closely watched by the scc. And suddenly the whole public blockchain, global consensus stuff goes down the drain because of a big legal gap. So what's next? Centralize, kill the blockchain part and run a traditional company....but not before they went to court ofcourse
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:55:18 AM

I really do not understand this reflex towards ETH bitcoin or other coins. I hold none of them. ETH is a gigantic piece of crap  just like ripple

Too bad nobody is going to discuss technical side of things. My 2 cents is that ultra scammer Jed McCaleb convinced the ripple ppl to attain a shitlload of money by trying to mix up blockchain a token and whatever cryptocrap and now ripple has a big problem because they are closely watched by the scc. And suddenly the whole public blockchain, global consensus stuff goes down the drain because of a big legal gap. So what's next? Centralize, kill the blockchain part and run a traditional company....but not before they went to court ofcourse

These old news you are focusing have been previously discussed at length here:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/3016-new-video-explaining-xrp-as-a-scam/

Interesting excerpt from this link:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/3016-new-video-explaining-xrp-as-a-scam/?page=7#comment-38930

"   On 4/26/2017 at 7:28 AM, AverageJoe said:
Peter Todd does have a level of respectability.

Correction: Peter Todd HAD a level of respectability.

He lost it completely on a poorly written report he wrote for R3. Shortly after that R3 kicked him out and some time later R3 announced an XRP trial...
I guess most bankers will listen and read the details of that trial conducted by R3 and in best case having a smile of compassion with Peter's report"

My conclusion:  Much Buthurt

.. and how many bank are using BTC tech???  = zero
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:59:54 AM

Can you more elaborate on the technical side? So far nothing technical or either smart come out of you. I am ready to discuss technical side, as-well you have to keep in mind 3 factors I asked above.

Well as I said, you have very bad reputation.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:09:17 PM

Ripple's XRP: Giving the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency a Second Look - CoinDesk

There have been a few proof-of-concept implementations and recently Thailand's Siam Commercial Bank announced they starting using Ripple software for Thailand-to-Japan remittance.

This is a big deal, but it needs context; first of all, SCB bank is an investor in Ripple company, making it fairly logical they would experiment and promote the blockchain technology they invested in. More importantly however, I see no mention of XRP in any of the press releases.

Is it being used? Or are they using Interledger Protocol (ILP)? ILP was also developed by Ripple, and appears to be a fairly impressive piece of technology to bridge between various blockchains and systems. It's open source, hosted by the Linux Foundation and could become a part of the Hyperledger framework.

But note that ILP itself has no native token; it doesn't depend on XRP and doesn't add value to it. Even if ILP finds wide adoption in the fintech industry, it will do precious little for XRP.

As for the moonshot of replacing Swift; first of all, I highly doubt a global consensus protocol is the right approach and could even scale to that level. But also, banks currently control Swift. How likely is it they would relinquish control to a small startup and allow themselves to become beholden to its private currency, that they have no need for? I just don't see that happening.

This is especially true when alternatives like Hyperledger exist that do not suffer from Ripple's inherent drawbacks; a protocol which is backed by a far larger consortium of corporations, which relies on proven consensus algorithms that have been researched, peer reviewed and thoroughly tested for over 15 years, and a protocol which at least at first glance, appears to do almost everything Ripple does and more, including things like smart contracts.

The only obvious thing that appears missing from Hyperledger compared to Ripple, is the one thing for which I see absolutely no reason for them to want: the XRP token.
Sad
This is an excellent piece of bitcoin and etherium propaganda against ripple.

"What a complete pile of garbage! It is clear that you are an Ethereum fan, jesus christ. You people and your BS! I hope someone with proper credentials debunks this article and tears it apart with facts (it has been done before, but clearly you did not take the time to read those articles before releasing this steaming pile of dung. You start out by saying "P4man looks at the cryptocurrency market to see if there is a credible investment alternative to bitcoin, focusing this time on XRP" - but that right there is a contradiction, given that this P4man douche bag is a bitcoin miner with a self aligned interest in ethereum. This article is nothing less that dirty tactics to get investors to sell XRP."
vsyc

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:28:02 PM

Ripple's XRP: Giving the Third-Largest Cryptocurrency a Second Look - CoinDesk

There have been a few proof-of-concept implementations and recently Thailand's Siam Commercial Bank announced they starting using Ripple software for Thailand-to-Japan remittance.

This is a big deal, but it needs context; first of all, SCB bank is an investor in Ripple company, making it fairly logical they would experiment and promote the blockchain technology they invested in. More importantly however, I see no mention of XRP in any of the press releases.

Is it being used? Or are they using Interledger Protocol (ILP)? ILP was also developed by Ripple, and appears to be a fairly impressive piece of technology to bridge between various blockchains and systems. It's open source, hosted by the Linux Foundation and could become a part of the Hyperledger framework.

But note that ILP itself has no native token; it doesn't depend on XRP and doesn't add value to it. Even if ILP finds wide adoption in the fintech industry, it will do precious little for XRP.

As for the moonshot of replacing Swift; first of all, I highly doubt a global consensus protocol is the right approach and could even scale to that level. But also, banks currently control Swift. How likely is it they would relinquish control to a small startup and allow themselves to become beholden to its private currency, that they have no need for? I just don't see that happening.

This is especially true when alternatives like Hyperledger exist that do not suffer from Ripple's inherent drawbacks; a protocol which is backed by a far larger consortium of corporations, which relies on proven consensus algorithms that have been researched, peer reviewed and thoroughly tested for over 15 years, and a protocol which at least at first glance, appears to do almost everything Ripple does and more, including things like smart contracts.

The only obvious thing that appears missing from Hyperledger compared to Ripple, is the one thing for which I see absolutely no reason for them to want: the XRP token.
Sad

I should have stopped reading after this: 'P4man' is an active bitcoin miner and investor with an academic background in economy and IT. He has been a member of the online discussion forum Bitcoin Talk since September, 2011.

But I continued, and than I drag this from context:

More importantly however, I see no mention of XRP in any of the press releases.

And I go here: https://ripple.com/insights/ and see:

Jul 6th, 2017 Nine Things You Need to Know About XRP
May 22nd, 2017 XRP: The Digital Asset for Payments
Mat 18th, 2017 XRP Liquidity to Deepen with Listings on Six New Exchanges
May 16th, 2017 Ripple to Place 55 Billion XRP in Escrow to Ensure Certainty of Total XRP Supply
May 11th, 2017 How We Are Further Decentralizing the XRP Ledger to Bolster Robustness for Enterprise Use

Simply collection of obsolete FUD just to strike back Ripples 6th of July release. One idiot was allowed to post whatever on Coindesk. I see Coindesk goes to nowhere like Cointelegraph.

Meanwhile author showed absolute un-awareness on what exactly Ripple wants to solve, author has absolutely no clue in this domain.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:03:35 PM

Too bad nobody is going to discuss technical side of things. My 2 cents ..blah blah blah , please listen to me i care for you  Cheesy

so your a fiat lover., the biggest and longest running scam currencies ever...fiat backed by nothing lol, as time has passed fiat has become worthless  Cheesy
you really are lost, coming to a crypto forum, then telling us XRP,BTC,ETH are crap??? wheres the logic??
please go take your meds  Cheesy

fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:30:28 PM

I don't know what's with you guys why fud XRP if there is nothing to it. Just look at the price, its just $0.23, I wouldn't waste my time spreading fud to this shit. If there is sure token to go up in the nearer future, its got to be Waves or ICN so we need more fudster to these tokens for us to buy cheaper.
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: