Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:08:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH BITCOIN WALLET IS THE MOST GOOD AND CONVINENCY  (Read 12710 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:13:37 PM

I will go with blockchain.info as I feel that it takes less time for confirmation in transaction which takes usually a very long time in other wallets.
Honestly i already use the blockchain and even you are paying high fee the transaction is slow.. and i think it depends in miners if it will confirm it fast or not..  i use coinbase because theres no fee for every transaction..

You can do custom and change fee to what ever you want, so it does not have to be slow.  Blockchain.info is no doubt most popular hot web wallet.  Just has a ton of users. (all of which I hope use 2 factor... but I know this not true.)

Coinbase is hard to get some as they like to remain anonymous, and coinbase you provide KYC info.  Also it is a exchange so kinda a different market.  But it is good due to insurance policy they have that should protect if site is hacked.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
backupp

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:51:11 PM

if you are restricted to using online wallets i vouch for blockchain.info as they offer a lot of features. you download an encrypted version of your private key and have to provide it together with your password in order to decrypt your wallet at login. also they have a very huge user base and transaction volume, allowing them to offer a shared send feature.
hulla (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:34:39 AM

The most convenient are the mobile wallets, because you can use them everywhere easily. Of course they are not the most secure and risk free, too.

You should do your own research and decide what is best for you

Exactly different wallets have different features and you should choose according to your convenience I am using multibit at a moment but when I need to convert it to fiat I transfer it to localbitcoins.

Concern the localbitcoin. Is the site tested and trusted cos I don't want to get scam.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:43:38 AM

Electrum for me, lightweight and easy to use, also safer rather than blockchain.info which is sometimes down
r1cochet

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:38:12 PM

The most convenient are the mobile wallets, because you can use them everywhere easily. Of course they are not the most secure and risk free, too.

Exactly different wallets have different features and you should choose according to your convenience I am using multibit at a moment but when I need to convert it to fiat I transfer it to localbitcoins.

Concern the localbitcoin. Is the site tested and trusted cos I don't want to get scam.

Localbitcoins has been around for a while now, I think the only people you need to worry about trusting there are the people your trading bitcoin with.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:29:03 PM

Localbitcoins has been around for a while now, I think the only people you need to worry about trusting there are the people your trading bitcoin with.

It is still more of a exchange (yes one without people providing info as it's users want to be anonymous in most cases).  But read new's about storing on exchanges there are just to many bad stories and hacks to store on a exchange and believe your safe.  Only one that I can think of different is coinbase due to it's insurance policy.

But you really should use a good hot wallet for short term spending.  And a good cold wallet or hardware wallet for long term.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:33:00 AM

what are the downsides to blockchain.info? I want to get into a wallet, how safe exactly is it?

It's safe enough as long as you stay safe, blockchain.info wallet works only when the site is up so when the site is down you can't use their wallet service, the bad side is that you can't sign bitcoin message from their website (the beta version), it is one of the most popular online wallets.

Yes, blockchain I one of the most used and popular wallet but the down side of blockchain is that loosing your password is as loosing your account or bitcoin. Though, they do let people know this and I like that about them.

If you can't save/remember the password i doubt how would you do with passphrase, 24-word seed then and the password. I prefer something that is portable and that i can use on the go, on the web, on the phone and PC, that's why i don't use bitcoin core.
r1cochet

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:33:39 PM

It is still more of a exchange (yes one without people providing info as it's users want to be anonymous in most cases).  But read new's about storing on exchanges there are just to many bad stories and hacks to store on a exchange and believe your safe.  Only one that I can think of different is coinbase due to it's insurance policy.

But you really should use a good hot wallet for short term spending.  And a good cold wallet or hardware wallet for long term.

Thanks for the advice, must admit I am guilty of keeping most of my bitcoin (epecially alt-currencies) on exhanges.

Probably a habit I should break, it's just a lot more convenient when I'm trading. I keep meaning to learn how to make paper wallets (securely)....
hulla (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:57:23 PM

Ok, now i understand but how does it work?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:32:04 PM

Thanks for the advice, must admit I am guilty of keeping most of my bitcoin (epecially alt-currencies) on exhanges.

Probably a habit I should break, it's just a lot more convenient when I'm trading. I keep meaning to learn how to make paper wallets (securely)....

Exchanges make it really easy to do with so many wallets all on one site.  They do such a good job many use it to store altcoin's long term.  But at end of day it is a hot wallet.  Not only that it's a huge target many "bad people" target exchanges knowing about amount stored there.

Glad to hear you and hopefully others switch to a more secure storage vs standard exchange with ton's of alt-coins.
adomers

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:16:50 PM

Electrum for me, lightweight and easy to use, also safer rather than blockchain.info which is sometimes down

I tried Coinbase.com, It simply just gives you a very small control over your account.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 08:13:08 PM

I tried Coinbase.com, It simply just gives you a very small control over your account.

Coinbase does not give you the private key so you don't control your 'own' bitcoins, which means when coinbase is offline you can't move your bitcoins.

Dinki

Activity: 180

Incent

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:11:56 PM

I would say use a paper wallet. Security is more important than convinience.

Jezreel

Activity: 129

The Boy Who Shattered Time

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 03:37:54 AM

I'm from Philippines and I'm using Coins.ph. Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:14:07 AM

This is on purpose though.  They have a insurance policy if site is hacked it *should* cover losses for people storing on site. Does not cover one person like if you lose your account due to you being hacked.  But covers more of the site as a hole.

If they give you control it defeats their security, which is what is insured.   So it's a different kind of wallet.  Not for those who want complete control of private key and such.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:13:14 PM

It depends on your country, I'm from the Philippines and the best btc wallet for us is coins.ph

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:36:03 PM

It depends on your country, I'm from the Philippines and the best btc wallet for us is coins.ph

Best wallets really don't change in most cases, it's exchanges that change.   Exchanges are highly location specific, due to following that countries laws.  It's impossible to be a exchange for entire world legally.

So look at wallets including hardware/software/hot wallets.  They are really all the same for all people in all countries unless they are a exchange your using for storage.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:12:19 PM

yeah its one of the good wallet but for philippines only and i think they are looking for a good wallet that you can use anytime anywhere.
As of now electrum is my wallet but i just use it to save a large amount and coinbase for a small amount transaction or for my temporary wallet..
As of now i never experience yet any issue in this two wallet online and desktop wallet..
Jezreel

Activity: 129

The Boy Who Shattered Time

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 01:42:20 AM

There's no fees to send money using Coins.ph  Smiley
XodhvdjI

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:37:50 AM

I've heard great things about circle. Check them out when you have time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: