Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 [637] 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:55:25 AM

yes I agree.

dont forget the second direction Sasha has set out "crowdfunding"
he says the first one of a decentralized exchange (probably run by the waves team will be coming shortly) probably fairly quickly as he already has experience in this field with Next tokens and coinami, so this would basically be a modrnized version of what JL777 and Next had had in mind a couple years ago, but with experience behind it..

wonder what will come after that.

they seem to be doing great making its platform development quicker but do you think it would take about a year or two before waves going to skyrocket?

depends on their timeframe, I would guess the capital they have aquired would expidite their development, so maybe a 3 month timeline until a major app/crowdfund is released.  Once one successful/useful  crowdfund has taken place there will probably be more, if these copycat crowdfunds take place then therre may be a snowball effect.

that being said, if nothing major is released within this quarter we may be looking at a different model where a pump and dump will occur using ICO funds in 6- 12 months.  this wouldnt occur until after the halving of bitcoin takes effect and people are trying to find something to put their BTC into.

same goes for all interesting altcoins, but with varying degrees due to their financial liquidity.

Lisk seem to be in that situation, i assume their development has started already as they now build the wall and grows gradually. 3 months isn't that long so users could wait i suppose.
I've once suggest few days ago to postponed the release until halving ends, do you think its a better idea?
Why would they postponed? It would not happen mate. They should act base on the release schedule, in that way they can gain the trust and confidence of the people especially the investors.
spandreev

Activity: 1428
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:57:28 AM

yes I agree.

he says the first one of a decentralized exchange (probably run by the waves team will be coming shortly) probably fairly quickly as he already has experience in this field with Next tokens and coinami, so this would basically be a modrnized version of what JL777 and Next had had in mind a couple years ago, but with experience behind it..

they seem to be doing great making its platform development quicker but do you think it would take about a year or two before waves going to skyrocket?

depends on their timeframe, I would guess the capital they have aquired would expidite their development, so maybe a 3 month timeline until a major app/crowdfund is released.  Once one successful/useful  crowdfund has taken place there will probably be more, if these copycat crowdfunds take place then therre may be a snowball effect.

that being said, if nothing major is released within this quarter we may be looking at a different model where a pump and dump will occur using ICO funds in 6- 12 months.  this wouldnt occur until after the halving of bitcoin takes effect and people are trying to find something to put their BTC into.

same goes for all interesting altcoins, but with varying degrees due to their financial liquidity.

Lisk seem to be in that situation, i assume their development has started already as they now build the wall and grows gradually. 3 months isn't that long so users could wait i suppose.
I've once suggest few days ago to postponed the release until halving ends, do you think its a better idea?
Why would they postponed? It would not happen mate. They should act base on the release schedule, in that way they can gain the trust and confidence of the people especially the investors.

+1. Changing rules always bad idea, community do not understand that.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 04:59:23 AM

yes I agree.

No I dont, in fact there will probably be a dip in BTC price post halving, before the effects of the deflation hit the speculative price increase that has happenned so far.

This isnt about BTC price though, its about building a system where Waves becomes the middle coin to multifiat/crypto exchanges for the purpose of funding many large projects.
The reason to hold Waves will (assumably) to create a liquid token transfer while creating a node based POS that will receive compensation through transaction fees caused by these crowdfunding ICO's.

make cents?  it should

Ok.. I'm trying to follow what you're saying. So basically this is kind of the same as Digix except, there is 100 million tokens, instead of Digix's limited amount, and it's not backed by gold. Just people holding it as liquidity ?
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 05:06:10 AM

Guys main net alive yet?

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:07:03 AM

yes I agree.

No I dont, in fact there will probably be a dip in BTC price post halving, before the effects of the deflation hit the speculative price increase that has happenned so far.

This isnt about BTC price though, its about building a system where Waves becomes the middle coin to multifiat/crypto exchanges for the purpose of funding many large projects.
The reason to hold Waves will (assumably) to create a liquid token transfer while creating a node based POS that will receive compensation through transaction fees caused by these crowdfunding ICO's.

make cents?  it should

Ok.. I'm trying to follow what you're saying. So basically this is kind of the same as Digix except, there is 100 million tokens, instead of Digix's limited amount, and it's not backed by gold. Just people holding it as liquidity ?

was that question baited?, or serious?  dont feel like going into a long winded conversation about wealth if its just there so you can throw a bone to a coin Digix(I know nothing about this coin and can only assume it has some liquidity due to its promise of being gold backed, basically another form of futures gold trading without oversight)
, but if this is a serious question please refine it a bit more so I can try to answer it better.

NOjust

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:12:10 AM

Guys main net alive yet?
wait ,I guess.

Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:12:47 AM

yes I agree.

that being said, if nothing major is released within this quarter we may be looking at a different model where a pump and dump will occur using ICO funds in 6- 12 months.  this wouldnt occur until after the halving of bitcoin takes effect and people are trying to find something to put their BTC into.

make cents?  it should

was that question baited?, or serious?  dont feel like going into a long winded conversation about wealth if its just there so you can throw a bone to a coin Digix(I know nothing about this coin and can only assume it has some liquidity due to its promise of being gold backed, basically another form of futures gold trading without oversight)
, but if this is a serious question please refine it a bit more so I can try to answer it better.

Yeah.. It's a question?  The last response was that waves, was basically a place holder between, transfers of different crypto's and fiat/cash. A place holder would be something thats liquid. Like Gold ? Or something easily transferable that would retain said value, and be stable through a holding period or transfer.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:16:48 AM

sorry for being so blunt, but there have been hundreds of pages of whiny beggers in here now...  bounties are there to help WIDESPREAD adoption, and to help the dev team and investors reach out to the broader community, not for people trying to take advantage of the handout..

if you tried to cheat, suck it up and buy some of the waves the rest of us offer once we are comfortable covering our investment.

I agree, as it is nice to get freebies, we should do our bit to help promote the coin as well. I bought also some in the ICO too around quarter of a bitcoin worth, I know it may not be much but last month I started again with 0 bitcoin and have worked hard blogging and doing other stuff to earn to be able to invest. Just added my fb account.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
cenqiaougubz085

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:22:31 AM

nice to join in  the coin.
blackfan73

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:22:50 AM

I got my facebook bounties, Thanks Waves Team
bigfryguy

Activity: 416

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:28:11 AM

yes I agree.

that being said, if nothing major is released within this quarter we may be looking at a different model where a pump and dump will occur using ICO funds in 6- 12 months.  this wouldnt occur until after the halving of bitcoin takes effect and people are trying to find something to put their BTC into.

make cents?  it should

Yeah.. It's a question?  The last response was that waves was basically a place holder between, transfers of different crypto's and fiat/cash. A place holder would be something thats liquid. Like Gold ? Or something easily transferable that would retain said value, and be stable through a holding period or transfer.

ahh than yes it is a placeholder, one that takes the place of exorbitant exchange skimming, while facilitating and decentralizing the whole process.....  On top of that it may just allow all major currencies access to all major crowdfund projects without some of the cross boarder restrictions imposed by fiat....

Now lets just say waves is around in 5 years and has captured a percentage of the marketcap of fiat transfer(of course it would have to release its source code and prove it could do something like zerocash has said it can do by alowing tens of thousands of tps while scaling without causing outrageous bloat)( A BIG IF)  Then waves will be the platform that alows billions if not trillions of annual dollars to transfer anualy, and those that are holding the project in Nodes will be the ones collecting the transaction fees in place of banks, than it will be safe to say that because say .1% of these transactions are rewarded in direct compensation to the holders, that there will be a huge multiplying effect upon the waves that are held.

imagine the total worth of waves to be 4-5 times the annual transaction fees of all crowdfund/fiat trasfers that enter the Waves space.(before speculation takes effect.)
it just makes cents.
these are all just possibilities, and I have to few waves to care about whether or not this may drive speculation.  so take what I say with a grain of salt.

steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:33:08 AM

How did you guys got the bounties ?
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:38:05 AM

that must be it. can't blame those who created few accounts just to have more bounties. it is indeed tempting to do it.

I have created two accounts one for the ICO and one for the bounty i did not link anything on the main account.
did likewise. not sure of any rule we may have violated and certainly not trying to game system to get anything extra bounty, but I could see abuse happening
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:39:04 AM

How did you guys got the bounties ?

https://wavesfaq.blogspot.com/2016/06/how-to-claim-waves-bounties-for-early.html
steveds
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:57:05 AM

Thanks ..

I got only 72 for twitter loll
bamman

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:59:43 AM

Just like everybody else....
steveds
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:08:02 AM

i liked the FB page but don't see n option Sad
lewis.jr

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:08:40 AM

same here
vein071315

Activity: 256

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:08:59 AM

there are rumors trading start june 7. what is about that?
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 06:17:25 AM

It will be very very interesting to see what Waves trades at for the first few hours. One to watch for sure!

Certainly getting more and more positive information as the days pass. I think it will be pretty solid, but the real magic is longer term IMO (1+ years)
Pages: « 1 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 [637] 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: