Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?
Bitcoin - 14 (1.6%)
Ethereum - 71 (7.9%)
Ripple - 74 (8.2%)
Litecoin - 16 (1.8%)
MaidSafeCoin - 54 (6%)
Dash - 96 (10.6%)
Factom - 57 (6.3%)
Dogecoin - 28 (3.1%)
BitShares - 50 (5.5%)
Monero - 38 (4.2%)
NEM - 47 (5.2%)
Stellar - 61 (6.8%)
Peercoin - 19 (2.1%)
Nxt - 44 (4.9%)
Emercoin - 42 (4.7%)
Namecoin - 15 (1.7%)
Synereo - 45 (5%)
VanillaCoin (a.k.a. Vcash) - 72 (8%)
Iota - 57 (6.3%)
Rimbit - 3 (0.3%)
Total Voters: 161

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL - which coins are scams as defined in the OP?  (Read 11708 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:41:19 PM

I know nothing about this. Please provide proof, because I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with this. I don't believe you until you provide proof.

Not incentivized enough, it will change nothing in my life.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:42:17 PM

LoL The IOTA scam has not even been released but it is already at the solid third place on the scam list with 26 votes. Keep up the good work IOTA scammers, developers, shills and sockpuppets. The first place is within reach.

Given the forums we are in, it's more likely that people are realizing the price of IOTA is rising and are now angry and jelly they missed the ICO than they are thinking or caring whether it is a scam.

A more honest result would be obtained from a "which project you want to see crash and burn" poll.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:45:03 PM

LoL The IOTA scam has not even been released but it is already at the solid third place on the scam list with 26 votes. Keep up the good work IOTA scammers, developers, shills and sockpuppets. The first place is within reach.

Given the forums we are in, it's more likely that people are realizing the price of IOTA is rising and are now angry and jelly they missed the ICO than they are thinking or caring whether it is a scam.

Yes I think that may be the case. I've seen some complaints by people who say they weren't aware of the ICO and now can't buy in at a reasonable price. They also complain about transparency.

I was aware of Iota early on (because someone PM'ed me asking me about my opinion of it) so I could have bought in, but I didn't because I analyzed the technology and was confident it is flawed. Also I was immediately turned off by David (iotatoken)'s unbalanced hyping of it. I don't invest for short-term gains. I invest for the big enchilada over the long-term.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:50:17 PM

That will work to obfuscate that you and Levole11 failed to provide a counter example and let me explain why you are wrong.

Obfuscation is a talent you take pride in?

I prefer to be more transparent and direct.

Then what were you trying to obfuscate by creating this poll? I just suggest to use the same trick.

I presented all my facts on the coins. Including yours. The poll in my opinion reflects the unrefuted facts I have been presenting. I am pleasantly surprised to see how many readers have realized the truth about most altcoins.

One could argue that everyone is voting against the coins they don't own. So in that case, the poll is not informational on specific coins, except that it indicates the entire forum is unethical. However I don't think this is the case, because Monero has a low vote. I would think there would be more haters voting against Monero even though Monero appears to not be a scam.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:53:49 PM

I presented all my facts on the coins. Including yours. The poll in my opinion reflects the unrefuted facts I have been presenting. I am pleasantly surprised to see how many readers have realized the truth about most altcoins.

One could argue that everyone is voting against the coins they don't own. So in that case, the poll is not informational on specific coins, except that it indicates the entire forum is unethical. However I don't think this is the case, because Monero has a low vote. I would think there would be more haters voting against Monero even though Monero appears to not be a scam.

I still suggest to create that special poll about your tech points 2016. We may get surprising results. But I don't care enough to make the poll myself.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:54:20 PM

I know nothing about this. Please provide proof, because I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with this. I don't believe you until you provide proof.

Not incentivized enough, it will change nothing in my life.

See what I wrote about Eastern European programmers preferring the most return for the least work. Ethics aside.

And yeah I guess when you are making so much money on Nxt and JINN/Iota, that messing around with backing up your claims with actual evidence is just a waste of time.

Understood.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

I still suggest to create that special poll about your tech points 2016. We may get surprising results. But I don't care enough to make the poll myself.

If you make a poll, you need to provide at least one example. Otherwise you are just obfuscating as you are doing here by refusing to provide an example, refusing to provide evidence, refusing to respond to the nonsense you wrote about meritocracy, etc.

This thread has painted you in a new light for me.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:02:56 PM

And yeah I guess when you are making so much money on Nxt and JINN/Iota, that messing around with backing up your claims with actual evidence is just a waste of time.

Sorry if I insulted you by neglecting your opinion about me. If you want to insult me back you should learn Russian.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:04:38 PM

Sorry if I insulted you by neglecting your opinion about me. If you want to insult me back you should learn Russian.

What part of "put up or shut up" do you not understand is central to (USA) American culture.

When having a discussion, I expect the other side to not be disingenuous. You made claims then didn't follow through.

I already have high doubts on you because you associate with David, who threatened to sue me for speaking freely about the USA securities law. I also doubt you because of the comment you made that the USA doesn't run the world, thus you don't feel threatened by USA securities law. But the fact is the USA does run the world and Putin is in bed with the USA. I have a feeling you are going to learn the hard way about the importance of ethics.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:05:35 PM

If you make a poll, you need to provide at least one example. Otherwise you are just obfuscating as you are doing here by refusing to provide an example, refusing to provide evidence, refusing to respond to the nonsense you wrote about meritocracy, etc.

Maybe, but I'm too busy coding to distract on side-work that requires brain resources. I'm posting in delays between tests.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:07:14 PM

What part of "put up or shut up" do you not understand is central to (USA) American culture.

All parts maybe, you should give me a discount because English is my third language and I studied it by reading Java documentation.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:09:31 PM

All parts maybe, you should give me a discount because English is my third language and I studied it by reading Java documentation.

haha. Okay that is cool hacker joke (even if true).

Again I sort of like you. But I also have problems with your association with characters of the sort as David.

But any way, how about we stop this. I need to sleep. You would prefer to be coding I am sure.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:11:19 PM

haha. Okay that is cool hacker joke (even if true).

Again I sort of like you. But I also have problems with your association with characters of the sort as David.

But any way, how about we stop this. I need to sleep. You would prefer to be coding I am sure.

Ok. Let's continue some other day in another thread.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:40:58 PM

Have you obtained a statement from Theymos as to what level of account is required to vote?

Seems one needs to for a while before they can vote. I am also curious if the vote on Iota is a real reflection of forum sentiment.

Ever heard of the whole market of Hero member BTT accounts?

Yeah they were used at the IOTA ICO

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:45:09 PM

Does it change anything?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:49:17 PM

Does it change anything?

Not to me, I suspect the same anyway.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:55:35 PM

It changes nothing to anyone, the real world doesn't care about BTT. Take some lessons before trying to troll like big guys.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:01:50 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 11:12:05 PM by cryptohunter

A more honest result would be obtained from a "which project you want to see crash and burn" poll.

Oh no....I can see we shall not be on the same side over this as with dash.

MISSED the ICO is the correct term.

Not decided to not invest.

This is the issue with NXT and should not have been the issue with IOTA especially as he was NXT.

You didn't MISS the ICO .

I wonder what % of the board did MISS the ICO. I wonder what % board own and will strangle supply as much as they can whilst pumping it on the forum!

ICO's always fall into these 2 broad sections of scammery.

1. Some new tech ---Hoard supply to a few so can sell for much to the many. This is achieved by insta ico - nobody mentions much before then pumps a lot after
2. No new tech -- Sell to the many and run of with rewards. This is achieved by pump during ICO - nobody mentions it a few weeks later except to say what a scam.

NXT run by CFB - NXT falls under catergory 1.
IOTA run by CFB - IOTA falls under catergory 1.

I saw 5 threads on the main board with the MS azure news about IOTA.

I see a huge thread about IOTA price speculation asking 20-30x price? on the main section (which sadly had to be moved to the market section)

I expect to see a lot more pump threads about it.

Where was the big news before release?
Where were the sig campaigns
Where were the social media campaigns?

After NXT CFB didn't consider getting a wider distribution than less than 1% of the board??

Now though the price is 30x more because people changed their minds about investing?

Come on this is shady as hell.  NXT ok got away with it once. JINN i dont know about. IOTA no way!!

Second ICO or branded - - suspect.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:03:53 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 11:14:53 PM by cryptohunter

It changes nothing to anyone, the real world doesn't care about BTT. Take some lessons before trying to troll like big guys.

Oh there is no need to be like that. I am just trying to help you get your latest project off the ground without it being branded suspect.

This is what I always say the devs say when caught red handed. We don't care about BTT. But always need BTT to launch and fund.

The real world does care.

So you are admitting it is true about the bought accounts used for IOTA ico?   it does not matter to you? because the wider world won't find out?

Fair enough. I must thank you for your honesty at least.

Why say you don't care about BTT?  The ONLY time I hear devs saying we don't care about BTT is when suddenly due to their actions things turn negative. I think this is going to be one of those times.

It's almost like you are saying that because only BTT knows things are shady that they are to be cast aside so you can move on to those that don't know the truth regarding the origins ?

I can see now why you will not reveal your true ID.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:12:05 PM

MISSED the ICO is the correct term.

Not decided to not invest.

[...]

After NXT CFB didn't consider getting a wider distribution that less than 1% of the board??

Now though the price is 30x more because people changed their minds about investing?

Come on this is shady as hell.  NXT ok got away with it once. JINN i dont know about. IOTA no way!!

I stand corrected. I thought I had the chance to buy the ICO, but now I realize by the time I found out about Iota, the ICO was over. There was something about you had to have invested in JINN before to get in on the ICO or something I forget exactly.

They weave a maze to try to obfuscate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: