Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:35:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why should only a tiny tiny % get reasonable entry? would you like some coins at ICO price??
Yes everyone should have fair opportunity - 7 (13.2%)
I own iota and think people should pay 3000% more than i did. - 36 (67.9%)
I think it's the nxt people trying to scam us again I want nothing to do with it. - 10 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 53

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL [IOTA ]- ICO 2 -Do YOU want to buy IOTA at a reasonable price? OR BIG SCAM?  (Read 6673 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Days

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:44:18 PM

Cryptohunter stop hating on people gainzz man, stop being jealous and mean. Polls in this forum are non but spammed by a small group who have like 5 account each or even more.

I'd hate to bring you to my house if I ever get rich probably you would be hating on me because of that as well...

Edit : I did not vote btw because It doesn't matter what I do here people will still do what ever they want and I can not stop them from doing what they want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:04:28 PM

Cryptohunter stop hating on people gainzz man, stop being jealous and mean. Polls in this forum are non but spammed by a small group who have like 5 account each or even more.

I'd hate to bring you to my house if I ever get rich probably you would be hating on me because of that as well...

Edit : I did not vote btw because It doesn't matter what I do here people will still do what ever they want and I can not stop them from doing what they want.

I think you are missing the point of debating whether or not the ICO was too short lived and not advertised well enough. Your wealth or lack of is totally  unimportant to this thread.

You maybe have no idea of how these unregulated ICO's are operating on here. 

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 09:00:41 AM

Butthurt. Trying so so hard with empty accusations. ICO was honest, it lasted enough, there was very informative site about it. I can't tell how many IOTAs were bought "in-house", but I do know there were big investors which came from aside.

Crypto-space is in big big expansion, no wonder there are investors which are easily gamble with 10s and 100s of Bitcoins, they are mostly early Bitcoin adopters. And right now, the space is thirsty for Bitcoin replacement because Bitcoin is so in turmoil I personally don't believe it will stay alive in long term. So people push their funds to any project with are having such a good appeal as IOTA is, no wonder ICO was pretty successful both in terms of how many people entered and how many they invested.

Also I don't see why NXT is a scam. I wasn't personally involved, but what we have here is pretty good looking and functional P2P system, fact there were too small number of initial investors doesn't make it a scam if the product delivered was good enough for price skyrocketing. But I'm not butthurt about it, if I look back I could've been billionaire with all the chances I missed but I never had such a strong urge to make empty accusations. Please come with something more persuading, like some real evidence, not that empty shit about how ICO was intentionally stealth. Actually, EVEN if it was intentionally stealth - that doesn't make it a scam!

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:12:13 AM

With an ICO people only have the choice to invest or not if they know about the ico. Hence why max effort to advertise is required. Also that does not stop the devs being able to buy their own to keep more of it or just to make it look like there are many investors or even just run with the funds.

It's fine if you don't like the all singing dancing shilling ICO. That's not the point though. It is surely harder for the devs to manipulate or retain a greater % of the minting the larger the ICO gets. Especially if done like NEM where you see the username and how much they have bought. Because the dev would need to create thousands of sock puppets to get 50% and inject thousands of BTC himself to get 50% but if there were only 10 people 5 sock puppets and a few btc would do it. So advertise it well let it run for as long as possible make it transparent as possible and add POW. There you have a far better ICO. Still not as good as POW though.

I agree with you on the transparency and publicity of ICOs but partly disagree on mining. With PoW eventually you will end up with the very same results, only the way what goes there is somewhat different. IMO PoW isn't better as most (smalltime) miners are forced to sell for getting a return on their mining investments.

Anyway I still don't think that CfB intentionally neglected widespread advertisement on the forum, because of he wanted to grab most of his coins.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:00:48 PM

Butthurt. Trying so so hard with empty accusations. ICO was honest, it lasted enough, there was very informative site about it. I can't tell how many IOTAs were bought "in-house", but I do know there were big investors which came from aside.

Crypto-space is in big big expansion, no wonder there are investors which are easily gamble with 10s and 100s of Bitcoins, they are mostly early Bitcoin adopters. And right now, the space is thirsty for Bitcoin replacement because Bitcoin is so in turmoil I personally don't believe it will stay alive in long term. So people push their funds to any project with are having such a good appeal as IOTA is, no wonder ICO was pretty successful both in terms of how many people entered and how many they invested.

Also I don't see why NXT is a scam. I wasn't personally involved, but what we have here is pretty good looking and functional P2P system, fact there were too small number of initial investors doesn't make it a scam if the product delivered was good enough for price skyrocketing. But I'm not butthurt about it, if I look back I could've been billionaire with all the chances I missed but I never had such a strong urge to make empty accusations. Please come with something more persuading, like some real evidence, not that empty shit about how ICO was intentionally stealth. Actually, EVEN if it was intentionally stealth - that doesn't make it a scam!

"Actually, EVEN if it was intentionally stealth - that doesn't make it a scam!"

OH.. okay. So slowly the acceptance of it being stealth is creeping in.

Yes, it does make it a scam now that it is now stealth turns to pumping for 3000% profit.

That's like say an intentionally stealth POW release isn't a scam. It isn't a scam if you say we want all the coins so we can pump whilst we control all the supply a dump it on you for huge profits before releasing our next stealth release NXT 3.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:19:24 PM

Yes, it does make it a scam now that it is now stealth turns to pumping for 3000% profit.

That's like say an intentionally stealth POW release isn't a scam. It isn't a scam if you say we want all the coins so we can pump whilst we control all the supply a dump it on you for huge profits before releasing our next stealth release NXT 3.

Your just sad you didn't invest when you had the chance.
Make a note to yourself: Check altcoin ann thread at least once a week.   Cool
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:29:45 PM

Make a note to yourself: Check altcoin ann thread at least once a week.   Cool

Stop trying to divert and make it all about me. It is a broader topic here concerning the ICO and ICO's  in general. If you have something to add with regards the points being made previously comparing well advertised and broadlty distributed vs small ICO with narrow distribution then feel free to make your point and compare them on the thread.

It should not be essential to check threads once a week or you miss the ICO. eth, maid, nem, lisk, even bitbay  all gave you the dates of the ICO well before and advertised a lot more previous and during. Resulting in a much broader distribution. This is the discussion not trying to diver that to a single experience of one person.

Keep to topic.

TravelsAsia

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:00:09 PM

That's a lot of typing for something that won't change. Good luck.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:02:25 PM

Stop trying to divert and make it all about me. It is a broader topic here concerning the ICO and ICO's  in general. If you have something to add with regards the points being made previously comparing well advertised and broadlty distributed vs small ICO with narrow distribution then feel free to make your point and compare them on the thread.

It should not be essential to check threads once a week or you miss the ICO. eth, maid, nem, lisk, even bitbay  all gave you the dates of the ICO well before and advertised a lot more previous and during. Resulting in a much broader distribution. This is the discussion not trying to diver that to a single experience of one person.

Keep to topic.

You are giving your personal opinion on how Ico's should be run, I'm just saying I have a different opinion and think you are sad you missed it.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:31:23 PM

Haha @cryptohunter, now you distorted the poll even more! Good one.
Wait I'll make a poll for you:

Cryptohunter:
a) has an agenda against iota and wants to give it a bad name with no arguments to back it up.
b) missed the ico which was his own fault and now hates iota because he is not rich.
c) is a paid shill

Seems as fair as your poll. Which option do you choose?
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:39:04 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 07:50:31 PM by cryptohunter

Haha @cryptohunter, now you distorted the poll even more! Good one.
Wait I'll make a poll for you:

Cryptohunter:
a) has an agenda against iota and wants to give it a bad name with no arguments to back it up.
b) missed the ico which was his own fault and now hates iota because he is not rich.
c) is a paid shill

Seems as fair as your poll. Which option do you choose?

No- the poll rules were not followed. Out of 17 people that were meant to post that that they voted for the old option 2  guess how many posted ??

17? nope

14 ? nope

5 ? nope

0? YES - I wonder why that was. One could guess because they were all iota holders Smiley

Now try again. This time follow the rules of the OP the poll is fair. If everyone wants to vote for a stealth ICO where everyone else pays 3000% inflation a few weeks later they are free to do so. I will list their vote down as option 4.

Seems to me you haven't vote yet?

Let me take your vote now ?

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:42:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 08:07:05 PM by cryptohunter

Keep to topic.

You are giving your personal opinion on how Ico's should be run, I'm just saying I have a different opinion and think you are sad you missed it.

Re read the thread. I am simply stating a fact that a small ico is easier to manipulate than a giant one where 1000's of people partake. This is not a personal view this is simply as fact unless you want to give me a reason why you believe it is not.

LISK just raised around 20x what iota did. Why because iota token (iota ico controller) said they did not waste money on cheesy advertising. Ha, well so instead of that they decided to raise 20x less. This is quite simply as case of failure to raise funds (not a great indication for the future) or simply a deliberate case of under selling the ICO so you have oversell and pump it now that nobody has any apart from a very tiny tiny % of the board.

Either way it's not good.

Let's bring back POW and some decent release guidelines. Or at least part POW part ICO that is widely advertised. No more sneaky hoarding all the coins for a few people to ransom to others for 3000% behind the closed veil of under advertised ico's.

achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:51:31 PM

the poll is fair.

Of course. Let me see, where is the option: I do not own iotas and think the ico was fair?
Or: I think the ico was transparent, but it's over so you have to buy at market price?
Or: Its cryptohunters fault that he did not invest.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:26:50 AM

i cannot find out anything about IOTA ICO. i was mildly interested in the idea and probably would have thrown a tiny amount at the ICO, but i found nothing on their site.

- where can i find ANY info on IOTA ICO?
- how much was raised in IOTA ICO?
- over what time period did IOTA ICO occur?
- what is the current supply/price of IOTAtoken?
- where is IOTA traded?
- wtf can u do with IOTA?
- is IOTA a rebranded clone of an existing coin (ie a scam) designed to fleece the dumbest people who wanna invest in IoT?

given the name and the sleazy ICO, i can only assume this is a scam.
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:48:20 AM

i cannot find out anything about IOTA ICO. i was mildly interested in the idea and probably would have thrown a tiny amount at the ICO, but i found nothing on their site.

- where can i find ANY info on IOTA ICO?
- how much was raised in IOTA ICO?
- over what time period did IOTA ICO occur?
- what is the current supply/price of IOTAtoken?
- where is IOTA traded?
- wtf can u do with IOTA?
- is IOTA a rebranded clone of an existing coin (ie a scam) designed to fleece the dumbest people who wanna invest in IoT?

• Google "iota crowdsale":
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.0
    https://www.tangle.ninja/iota/crowdsale
  • 1337 BTC (including early bird bonus and JINN shares)
  • see second link above
  • supply: see second link above. Trades: no exchange yet, only OTC trades, price fluctuates between 2k-4k satoshis
  • See http://iotatoken.com/  (for example it does very lightweight transaction without tx fees allowing for very low end devices such as sensors to make transactions and send data over iota network)
  • no, it's a brand new concept, it uses a "tangle" or DAG instead of a blockchain, which has some advantages
achimsmile
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:51:35 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2016, 09:12:18 AM by achimsmile

It's a scam because of the name IOTA? Best one I've heard so far.

Please explain what you mean by "sleazy ICO?"

in the crowdsale OP it clearly says:
Duration and schedule
Duration: 27 days.
Date: 25th November at 2 PM UTC - December 21st 11:59 PM UTC.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:05:12 AM

• Google "iota crowdsale":
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.0
    https://www.tangle.ninja/iota/crowdsale
  • 1337 BTC (including early bird bonus and JINN shares)
  • see second link above
  • supply: see second link above. Trades: no exchange yet, only OTC trades, price fluctuates between 2k-4k satoshis
  • See http://iotatoken.com/  (for example it does very lightweight transaction without tx fees allowing for very low end devices such as sensors to make transactions and send data over iota network)
  • no, it's a brand new concept, it uses a "tangle" or DAG instead of a blockchain, which has some advantages

thanks for this response, i'm reading some of the links right now. im actually capable of changing my mind when presented with the right evidence (unlike leftists).  but the jury is still out!
Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:06:37 AM

Cryptohunter I got to hand it to you, this shit is absolutely priceless!!

I just went back and read the first post of the topic again. Fuckin great stuff. I got tears in my eyes laughing so hard. Oh man, your so serious and its so goddam funny!!

I encourage all of you to read the first post again.

"We're not gonna let the SAME PEOPLE  do the SAME THING and take our BTC again" Omg, it's too late buddy. I can't stop fucking laughing!!

The funniest thing is you think this is a big deal. This isn't shit. It's a measly 4000 sat, 15 min market cap. A billion dollar market cap will make your "30 times ICO price" seem like free when looking back at this post in the fall.

That's another reason I can't stop laughing. You're gonna miss it again, after you knew about it, AGAIN!

Omg I can barely type. Oh, jesus Ah ha ha, where are my pills. Oh man!! Cry Smiley Smiley

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:07:00 PM

Cryptohunter I got to hand it to you, this shit is absolutely priceless!!

I just went back and read the first post of the topic again. Fuckin great stuff. I got tears in my eyes laughing so hard. Oh man, your so serious and its so goddam funny!!

I encourage all of you to read the first post again.

"We're not gonna let the SAME PEOPLE  do the SAME THING and take our BTC again" Omg, it's too late buddy. I can't stop fucking laughing!!

The funniest thing is you think this is a big deal. This isn't shit. It's a measly 4000 sat, 15 min market cap. A billion dollar market cap will make your "30 times ICO price" seem like free when looking back at this post in the fall.

That's another reason I can't stop laughing. You're gonna miss it again, after you knew about it, AGAIN!

Omg I can barely type. Oh, jesus Ah ha ha, where are my pills. Oh man!! Cry Smiley Smiley

Haha - a billion dollar market cap. Come on please be serious. Your coin without the super processor that amd and intel can't make is of no great importance. The tangle (dag) concept has  big question marks hanging over it's head already.

You fail to realise too many people know it's a scam already.

You talking of 1billion market cap now just goes to show how much of a pumper you are.

Please stop with all your silly pump threads on the main board you are just damaging iota's already poor image.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:17:25 PM

You've already apparently scammed some poor chumps to pay 4000sats for the stealth ico 130sats tokens. However, most of these people are probably sock puppet accounts pretending to buy. I mean who would pay 4000sats for 130sats ico coin that nobody can prove willl work at all. If it works it brings limited advantages and some disadvatages. Has issues with consensus and centralisation. Has no working processor which has been promised and according to those no chance of every having one since that would mean creating something intel and amd can't even do. Is now considered a scam by a huge proportion of the board.  So now it's going to have a rise 30X greater than ethereum ico prices by your speculation.

Where are your pills? I don't know but please find them.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: