Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:13:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People mocking of me for using Bitcoin  (Read 6035 times)
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:02:42 PM

Consider yourself an innovator, People think about making fun of anyone coming with anything new, You where the one making the first move and you can be one of the innovators in the future when bitcoin is mainstream.
yeah you will be proud when you see it a few more decades. You will be proud that you are early users of bitcoin. before bitcoin become mainstream. Cheesy you can tell this to your son mate

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:09:45 PM

Consider yourself an innovator, People think about making fun of anyone coming with anything new, You where the one making the first move and you can be one of the innovators in the future when bitcoin is mainstream.
yeah you will be proud when you see it a few more decades. You will be proud that you are early users of bitcoin. before bitcoin become mainstream. Cheesy you can tell this to your son mate

We need to think in such a way that we are innovators. Without doubt as mentioned after few decades people will think back how we came into such a technology.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nuevo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:10:20 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .

It happens all the time, don't sweat it. When I was younger(a very long time ago), I spent every bit of time I could on this crazy new thing called a computer. That time spent has served me well, because I got to do what made me happy and I got good at not giving a fuck at what other people thought.

If you ever need a reminder, you have to live with you for the rest of your life, don't let others make major life choices for you.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 02:13:21 PM

I find the same so now I don't bother trying to explain to anyone as they will be using it at some point or at least a variation of it.

Now the challenge is to gain as much bitcoin as possible before they catch and then when they do you can be like "told ya so"
Obviously, though there is the risk and chance that bitcoin may fail (I personally do not hold to this belief, I'm quite bullish) and you could be wrong. Alternatively, instead of bitcoin rising to the top, it could also be a different altcoin that takes its place. There's always more room for innovation and I believe that there could be some advantages that an altcoin could bring that bitcoin does not have to the table. People may prefer that over bitcoin... or they can use the original.

bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:26:56 PM

Some g8 reasons here to ign0r the h8rs.
Bonus: They all work just as well when people mock you for "investing" in MMM ponzi Smiley
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:36:41 PM

Actually even my brother thinks bitcoin is now 'defunct' because of the Gox fiasco years ago. I don't have anything against him, so instead I just give a nod and agree with him. He thinks I already stayed away from btc.

Up to now he still doesn't know that I'm still into this. As long as they don't mind me I don't mind them too.

With the innovator part, not exactly sure.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 03:51:28 PM

Dont listen to them. Later if you have more money than they have. Then they will be your best friends.
So tell them they must also use it or just dont listen to them. But you know it works very good and it is very good to use.
sachung

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:33:58 PM

Nah but consider yourself a pioneer, Everyone was making fun of every genius or pioneer in the world at sometime before it turned out they were right, consider yourself that pioneer.
ahpku

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:53:25 PM

Nah but consider yourself a pioneer, Everyone was making fun of every genius or pioneer in the world at sometime before it turned out they were right, consider yourself that pioneer.

TL;DR: If people call you an idiot, consider yourself a genius.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 03:18:58 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .

It happens all the time, don't sweat it. When I was younger(a very long time ago), I spent every bit of time I could on this crazy new thing called a computer. That time spent has served me well, because I got to do what made me happy and I got good at not giving a fuck at what other people thought.

If you ever need a reminder, you have to live with you for the rest of your life, don't let others make major life choices for you.
Yeah this is something to keep in mind in general. If you're passionate about something, you should try not to care what other people think of it and just do whatever makes you feel good.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:42:48 PM

Dont listen to them. Later if you have more money than they have. Then they will be your best friends.
So tell them they must also use it or just dont listen to them. But you know it works very good and it is very good to use.

Telling them to also use it would only open you up to more ridicule.
If you explain Bitcoin to them and they still don't appreciate it, just let them be blissful in their ignorance.
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:49:25 PM

I think people not knowing about it "which is the case in my area" is somewhat better, they aren't mocking me but locking with puzzled faces like I'm saying some cryptic things...
TrueCryptoinere

Activity: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:55:38 PM

When bitcoin is worth tons of dollars and you are rich, you can look at them and say I told you so...
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:00:31 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? ....

I occasionally decide to talk about Bitcoin in the "real world" and no one has ever mocked me for it. Focus on the good things and not the price movements.

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:03:02 PM

Get used to it... I get it from my closest friends, family and co-workers...

Who knows maybe we can be the ones in the future moving them for not listening!

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:23:22 PM

i have talked about bitcoin with some of my friends and surrounding people before buy nobody has ever mocked me before.

they ignored what i said though, and didn't want to believe in how good bitcoin is but that is all they did.
you introduce bitcoin to them, just say take it or leave it.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
celic95

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:27:41 PM

That the human behavior generally IMO. when they are faced with something they can't understand directly they try to mock it and make fun of it...
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:37:40 PM

That the human behavior generally IMO. when they are faced with something they can't understand directly they try to mock it and make fun of it...

Also when they see something funny.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:09:59 AM

Not just that, sometimes people would really mock us when they saw that we are earning thru this.. Envy is a very good term I think..

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:11:45 AM

Not just that, sometimes people would really mock us when they saw that we are earning thru this.. Envy is a very good term I think..
I actually got 2 people very interested in Bitcoin with the allure of making fair amounts of money using the right techniques, and other people mocked us as we schemed away.

I think that envy is a really good word for that, yeah.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: