Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People mocking of me for using Bitcoin  (Read 6035 times)
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:28:49 PM

Me too.I receive some mocking from my friends and famiky when i came to them and talk about bitcoin and what i am doing.They are saying that im just wasting my time and effort in using bitcoins.Because they are beleiving that there is no money when it comes to online.They believe that all things online including  bitcoin is just a scam or a future scam.Thats why they are mocking me when i talk about bitcoin.
Me also. I receive mocking to my friends and to my parents, cousins when i said that this bitcoin can create money they say that this bitcoin is scam because when im young i try to join in online marketing and got scammed so my parents think that this bitcoin is also the same with online marketing scam

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maartenhaha

Activity: 1456
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 12:35:28 PM

they mock you and you call them friends? ha! dump them
just ignore them for a while, disapear from their reality and go on with your btc, be succesfull in it, don't forget to pay your taxes on your profits!!
then after a while when you meet them again and they ask you how you are, show them how up you went with what they where mocking you with
i'm telling you, you'll ray happiness when they see how wrong they are ^^
*from experience*

cheers Smiley

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:37:26 PM

they mock you and you call them friends? ha! dump them
just ignore them for a while, disapear from their reality and go on with your btc, be succesfull in it, don't forget to pay your taxes on your profits!!
then after a while when you meet them again and they ask you how you are, show them how up you went with what they where mocking you with
i'm telling you, you'll ray happiness when they see how wrong they are ^^
*from experience*

cheers Smiley

Exactly, they are ignorant about the fact what bitcoin is gonna do in next few years, they will surely regret in future for not listening to you and don't worry you will having last laugh  Grin
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 12:59:15 PM

People will always mock you for using new stuff they still don't completely understand. I think if you encounter such acquaintances the best way of approaching them is to just ignore them and continue focusing on what you have been doing. This pertains not only to Bitcoin but also for any activity in life you have been doing. People won't always agree with you but you could show them later on when the price of Bitcoin has gone through the roof how wrong they had been. Best route of 'revenge' is success and you will certainly be laughing all the way to the bank cashing out your Bitcoins  Wink
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:07:50 PM

We want that bitcoin users should get increased and that is why keep on recommending it to people around us, but if they are not interested then we should not waste our time behind them, invest that time in earning bitcoins. Cheesy
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:02:04 PM

I got mocked when I started using bitcoins.
Now everybody got used to that. Two friends even tried experimenting with bitcoins, but quit after a short time again.
I think the mocking is just a result of completly not knowing what bitcoin is about.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:17:23 PM

you just need to show the results of bitcoin, I do that too, and some people who like to mock surprised with it.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:29:26 PM

2) If they refuse to listen to reason, dump all of them. You don't need to waste time on neanderthals.

Hahahaha Lauda!!!

"F*** you grandma. Get a God damned computer and load up on Bitcoins already. I already told you how email works! How do you not understand this?! F*** you and your physical wallet. We're OVER. Don't ever talk to me again unless you've come to beg for forgiveness from me after Bitcoins have gone to the moon!"

Lauda IRL

That's maybe just a little harsh Lauda. What did your grandma do to deserve that?! I mean if it's a sister/brother then kick them in the box/nuts and walk away... but granny won't be using Bitcoins!
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:51:34 PM

it's very common. I get it every time I explained to them about bitcoin. but when I showed what I can get out of bitcoin, one time they fell silent. they were embarrassed and then said "that I was a very intelligent person".

True, that there are still many out there who think that Bitcoin is only a joke and there is no benefit. Often we provide an introduction to bitcoin and also tell the people that we consider lightly but once we show the truth makes them speechless and embarrassed
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:16:02 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .
its cool to believe in something. but you should put yourself in the other persons shoes and imagine their response when all you talk about is how a currency is amazing and its going to be the bestthing ever.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:20:48 PM

Everyone who knows the fact that i'm bitcoiner always says "Sell your bitcoin before the price fall", they often says it will happen because bitcoin is failure, no future or will become scam.
So annoying and some of them think i'm an idiot Angry

Let them think what they want to, as I think it will not make any difference to us, as we are busy in collecting bitcoin for future, lets see how they react in future  Cheesy
ahpku

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:31:05 PM

2) If they refuse to listen to reason, dump all of them. You don't need to waste time on neanderthals.

Hahahaha Lauda!!!

"F*** you grandma. Get a God damned computer and load up on Bitcoins already. I already told you how email works! How do you not understand this?! F*** you and your physical wallet. We're OVER. Don't ever talk to me again unless you've come to beg for forgiveness from me after Bitcoins have gone to the moon!"

Lauda IRL

That's maybe just a little harsh Lauda. What did your grandma do to deserve that?! I mean if it's a sister/brother then kick them in the box/nuts and walk away... but granny won't be using Bitcoins!
When choosing between friends/family and Bitcoin, choose Bitcoin.
#NotAcult
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:37:57 PM

no need to give preference to their attitude. you continue your struggle. i hope that i time will come when these people will come to you and will request you to tell them about bitcoin. the time is not too far when every one will remain involve in bitcoin. so please no need to worry you just keep your struggle up. hope time will come when you will be a winner.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:39:18 PM

There are few people around me who believes in new technology and have already started to use bitcoin too, but majority of people have rejected bitcoin and didn't show any interest.
duvxlobisi

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:49:01 PM

You are the innovator and the one coming with something constructive and new, Of course people will annoy you to an extent but still you get the important thing of being an early adopter regardless of what others say.

lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:00:21 PM

There are few people around me who believes in new technology and have already started to use bitcoin too, but majority of people have rejected bitcoin and didn't show any interest.
well i know a lot of people that dont like bitcoins around me too, though i dont pay too much attention to them as i know that they will feel bad about it when bitcoin price will jump a lot

well if they are irritating you with the mocking then just mock at them and tell them that they use some paper that will be useless in the future and will potentially be used for creating campfires when bitcoin becomes the currency of the world
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 04:48:11 PM

Anyone of you had this kind of situation ? personally,whenever I start speaking about Bitcoin and how it will go to the moon and that kind of stuff , some of people start mocking (Friends  , Family etc ..) .
I personally don't know how to respond in most cases honestly , I just believe bitcoin will become successful .

Naive will always be naive not every one has a technical mind to understand how bitcoin works,only discuss it with people who share the same interest as yours,you cannot please every body..

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 04:58:32 PM

forget about those who mock you.

i once share some jibberish hashtag that mentions bitcoin on my facebook and some of my friends ask about it.
I told them nothing as it would take hours and hours of explaining it to them. but i hope they'd follow those link so they can check what i'm up to.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sakinaka

Activity: 325

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:59:45 PM

My friends are taking my for a crazy guy when tell them that it will surely hit 2000$ in a decade. I just tell them that if some people have luxury cars are other do not that's for a reason.

S h o p e o   

Decentralized Amazon & ICO hub
       ◢ Thread      Whitepaper      Bounties

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     

▄▄██▄
              ▄▄█▀▀  ██
          ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
      ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
 ▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
 ▀▀██▄███▀        ██
     ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
      █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
       █▄█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
     ██             ████████████▀
     ████▄         █████████████▀
     ▀████████▄▄   █████████████
     ▄▄█████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████
        █████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████▀
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄███████████████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █
   █

█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
█     
       JOIN
  ONE WEEK ICO
[
AUGUST
10 - 17th
]
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:01:13 PM

I know what you feel man, because my friends also mock me too. They are not understand about bitcoin and when i try to teach them about bitcoin they mock me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: