Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:36:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Q: Should Lauda *really* be a moderator of bitcointalk A: no  (Read 43342 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3082

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 07:24:13 AM

I know Lauda better than most here.

She pissed me off one time, and I told her off, and he apologized.

And I understood his point of view, and I forgave her completely.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:26:38 AM

^^^ *snorfle*

Eloquently put, Vod.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:35:49 AM

Lauda is honestly one of the most fair mods I've encountered here in the btct wilderness.

I think my eyes just started bleeding again, less than half an hour after looking at bitcontalk Roll Eyes

Edit - I've never been around to say this, but I've been googling giggling (typo, nuff said.) at your avatar since the day I joined this forum.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:41:42 PM

Wow that is a lot of quotes up there. I am not sure why anyone would be interested in reading #10-14....maybe someone who did read those wants to do a tl;dr

Lauda called someone a retard (when acting as a moderator) here, and I called him out on it here (I have since deleted the post, however it should be available in the thread history). When I was made aware of the fact that Lauda edited his post to remove him calling that person a retard, I removed my post calling him out and told Lauda that I was only sticking up for the person that he called a retard. I subsequently received a retaliatory negative trust rating from Lauda over something that happened 6 months ago, and that Lauda reasonably had known about for 6 months. When I asked Lauda about the negative rating, he claimed that it was suppose to be a neutral rating, changed it to neutral and told me that I "know the reasoning".

I am not sure if the above warrants for the calling of Lauda to be removed as a moderator. Lauda does apparently spend a lot of time on here, so he would be able to handle reports as he receives them. According to Lutpin, Lauda handles the most reports out of all the moderators, although his most recent mod payment would suggest otherwise.

Lauda is also a blockstream fanboy, and will back the company line of whatever blockstream says, regardless of logic, reasoning, or facts. This is probably going to work in Lauda's favor so someone with a "staff" tag can blindly back whatever blockstream says/wants.....it should probably be the opposite however. Considering that theymos is now an active supporter of blockstream/LN, I think it will work in Lauda's favor.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 04:48:12 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 10:32:42 PM by Lauda

Lauda called someone a retard (when acting as a moderator) here, and I called him out on it here.
So wherever I post I'm acting as a moderator? That's not how this works.

When I asked Lauda about the negative rating, he claimed that it was suppose to be a neutral rating, changed it to neutral and told me that I "know the reasoning".
Trust rating has nothing to do with being a staff member; straw-man argument.

According to Lutpin, Lauda handles the most reports out of all the moderators, although his most recent mod payment would suggest otherwise.
I'm the most active (non global) moderator along with Mitchell (last month stats). You don't understand how those payments work, so you can't use them as an argument. Let's not misuse Lutpin's words though. He said I'm part of the group that handles the most reports.
Lauda counts to the group of mods that handle the most reports, Lauda is among the fastest, when it comes to handling reports.

Lauda is also a blockstream fanboy, and will back the company line of whatever blockstream says, regardless of logic, reasoning, or facts.
No. I have no relations with Blockstream.

Let's not involve things that are irrelevant please. I'm not sharing my reasons for certain things and I stand by my decisions.

I know Lauda better than most here. She pissed me off one time, and I told her off, and he apologized. And I understood his point of view, and I forgave her completely.
Lauda is both a he, a she and neither at the same time!

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:39:38 PM

Lauda been accused of doing many things, from contradicting, saying things he/she shouldn't, etc.
But why all the hate? He/She's not necessarily speaking as a staff member, in some case she could be a staff member, in other cases, she/he is speaking for herself/himself.

I know Lauda better than most here. She pissed me off one time, and I told her off, and he apologized. And I understood his point of view, and I forgave her completely.
Lauda is both a he, a she and neither at the same time!

Okay, that's just creepy.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:19:27 PM

Lauda called someone a retard (when acting as a moderator) here, and I called him out on it here.
So wherever I post I'm acting as a moderator? That's not how this works.

When I asked Lauda about the negative rating, he claimed that it was suppose to be a neutral rating, changed it to neutral and told me that I "know the reasoning".
Trust rating has nothing to do with being a staff member; straw-man argument.
Whenever you post about what the current forum policies/rules are you are posting/acting as a moderator. This is why some threads specifically ask for the assistance of a moderator/administrator so that someone with actual authority can help with a situation.

I called you out on calling someone a retard, making you look bad, and subsequently did something to retaliate against me. Why should you be trusted to be fair and impartial when moderating the forum when you have a history of retaliate against someone who spoke out against you?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 10:36:42 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2016, 11:03:07 PM by Lauda

Whenever you post about what the current forum policies/rules are you are posting/acting as a moderator. This is why some threads specifically ask for the assistance of a moderator/administrator so that someone with actual authority can help with a situation.
Where did you find this or is this something that you've concluded based on your own (subjective) perception of how things should be?

I called you out on calling someone a retard, making you look bad, and subsequently did something to retaliate against me.
Cherry picking is not nice. User-to-user interaction (trust) is not relevant here. If what you say was the case, then whenever a staff member has an argument with somebody they aren't allowed to leave them a trust rating anytime afterwards because that would mean that they can't be impartial? This is one of the reasons why trust is not moderated.

Why should you be trusted to be fair and impartial when moderating the forum when you have a history of retaliate against someone who spoke out against you?
I have never retaliated against anyone. There have been at least 2 threads about me by two different users that were slander at best, I did not touch either one of them. In these cases it is best to report it to others and let them decide, which is what I did and will keep doing.

There are reasons for which I didn't give you a rating at first, and they are reasons for which I left it to you now. If you want to talk, then do so via PM as I will not reveal things here. I don't need drama.

He/She's not necessarily speaking as a staff member, in some case she could be a staff member, in other cases, she/he is speaking for herself/himself.
Indeed. The staff consists of various people with various beliefs and opinions. After joining we are allowed to (or encouraged IIRC) to continue our usual posting.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 09:29:11 AM

Being a mod is a shit  job, whatever you do/say will annoy somebody, especially the unreasonable posters. I was a mod on a busy webmaster board a few years ago, and I don't think I'd do it again. Smiley

Lauda seems to be quite a helpful guy/gal when giving opinions and advice. I don't know about the modding behaviour though, as I haven't had a run-in yet. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
JustDie

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:57:42 PM

Being a mod is a shit  job, whatever you do/say will annoy somebody, especially the unreasonable posters. I was a mod on a busy webmaster board a few years ago, and I don't think I'd do it again. Smiley

Lauda seems to be quite a helpful guy/gal when giving opinions and advice. I don't know about the modding behaviour though, as I haven't had a run-in yet. Smiley

it will annoying for the poster , but not for everyone .

and look who is back !  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 12:40:17 AM

I called you out on calling someone a retard, making you look bad, and subsequently did something to retaliate against me.
Cherry picking is not nice. User-to-user interaction (trust) is not relevant here. If what you say was the case, then whenever a staff member has an argument with somebody they aren't allowed to leave them a trust rating anytime afterwards because that would mean that they can't be impartial? This is one of the reasons why trust is not moderated.

There's being impartial while seeming partial. If you want to avoid any semblance of partiality I suggest you study Quickseller; their use of multiple accounts would be very useful for it.
However I'd much prefer if you just keep doing what you're doing now and take the butthurt as a sign of a job well done.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 01:31:09 AM

Why is this thread even still a thing??

Iseecookies

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:56:51 AM

You dont ask why,you admire the masterwork and continue the thread by speculating on Laudas sex!
Any other posts are clear manipulation to get us off the number one question on bitcointalk.org besides "How can I join signature"!
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:02:08 AM

Why is this thread even still a thing??

Yeah dont get it too. Lauda is doing a good job. Would be a sad thing to loose her...

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3082

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 02:54:49 AM

Lauda is one of the few shining lights remaining on this forum!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:02:32 AM

Lauda is one of the few shining lights remaining on this forum!   Smiley

I wouldn't kick him/her out of bed.  Wink

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
gorgon666 (OP)

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:58:32 AM

Lauda likes to try to get those that make her contradict herself and those that speak out against her to get banned in the staff forum. Sometimes she proposes this herself, sometimes she uses a proxy to try to get these people banned.

Lauda likes to tell lies to silence those whom are critical of her, but her lies are quickly exposed and she then changes her stance.

@redsn0w -- stop being an idiot and go back to screwing up escrow deals. Lauda having a penis is not something you can understand.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:02:32 AM

Lauda likes to try to get those that make her contradict herself and those that speak out against her to get banned in the staff forum. Sometimes she proposes this herself, sometimes she uses a proxy to try to get these people banned.

Lauda likes to tell lies to silence those whom are critical of her, but her lies are quickly exposed and she then changes her stance.

@redsn0w -- stop being an idiot and go back to screwing up escrow deals. Lauda having a penis is not something you can understand.

Any proof you want to share with us? yes for the bold parts... Roll Eyes

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:56:02 AM

Lauda likes to try to get those that make her contradict herself and those that speak out against her to get banned in the staff forum.
Bullshit, you don't know whats happening in the staff board. If you did(i.e you mean to say are a mod  Roll Eyes) you wouldn't be talking about it via your alt

Sometimes she proposes this herself, sometimes she uses a proxy to try to get these people banned.
Lol what now? How does "proxy" come to play in this? If by proxy you mean alts, you don't have proof of those either. And do you think staff members, the ones who can actually ban members(three Glob mods and two admins, one of which is MIA and another who hasn't handled ban requests in a long time, and the only Glob mod effectively banning members being rarely active) will take the word of a random account?

Now I see where this is all. My young Classic shill, you'll need to spread more FUD before you can make anyone to doubt Lauda's credibility
gorgon666 (OP)

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:02:29 PM

Sometimes she proposes this herself, sometimes she uses a proxy to try to get these people banned.
Lol what now? How does "proxy" come to play in this?
Lauda tries to get other moderators she is close to try to get these people banned.

You should probably go back to moderating sketchy gambling sites and spend less time trying to be a mall cop Roll Eyes We all know that you will never try to bite the hand that feeds you and would not speak out against anyone with more power then you.

Update
You are allowed to post pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the rules. Anyone could follow you around and try to insult you/troll you or whatever.
Lauda is now encouraging certain users (namely Vod) to make off topic posts, and to troll other users. This is after Vod has posted multiple posts supporting Lauda in this thread. Lauda is encouraging someone to break the rules who is supporting Lauda. This is a clear abuse of power.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: