Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:10:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net  (Read 24105 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:24:33 PM

And you don't deserve to hold other's funds that's been proven you still have.

Has it been proven that cablepair is holding the money?

since he is not paying out refunds on fridays, as he promised himself, it is proven that he is holding on to it

Or at the very least some nearby bartender is.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 01:25:09 PM

since he is not paying out refunds on fridays, as he promised himself, it is proven that he is holding on to it
What's more likely is that one sizable portion of the money has gone to :
  • the rent for the place where bASICs were supposed to be tested, packaged and shipped from,
  • employees salary (at least Dave)
  • chip design and prototype

Tom has claimed to have invested some of his own money in this.
He said recently that he was using BTC from his own mining operation to refund people.

This makes me think that the money he invested was most probably less than the aggregated costs above.

But anyway, what's more likely:
  • he sits on a pile of BTC that skyrocketed since preorders which he could use to refund everyone right now at the current USD value and keep the rest but choose to keep all of it and wait for jailtime?
  • he doesn't have enough cash to refund anyone at this time and is still in panic mode?

But what I believe or what you believe is still speculation and will get nowhere.

The only thing people can do is ask for an independent audit of Tom's books to find out for sure if he profited from this or not. If he did and doesn't refund everyone he is in deep shit, if he didn't and doesn't refund, remaining customers are in this shit with him and they (in fact "we": I have 2 bASIC01 pre-orders) lost their money without recourse (lookup how debts are handled when a business fails if you still believe in Santa Claus).

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 04:51:26 PM

Has it been PROVEN that he is NOT a scammer?

NOPE!  How long are you going to slow roll and drag this out?  Anyone else pulling shit like this would be tagged almost 2 months ago already...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:09:22 PM

I just don't see why the burden of proof is always to get a scammer tag installed instead of getting it removed.  It is not like it is a permanent fixture.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 05:27:20 PM

Cablepair/Tom always said that everyone will be refunded.

Also i think the way his refunds are done is scammy, he is refunding some customers to the full, and other customers wait for a cent.

Also he does not answer to emails, no answer like: You will get a refund.... or an answer like: You wont get a refund.

I actually did not receive any email of himself this year, just Daves.

Then stringing along the customers, saying he has some prototype chips in december etc....

Also I heard that using pre order money for funding r&d of a product is not allowed in the US? Where are the funds?

Theymos... I start disbelieving in this forum totally, newbie angry nerds everywhere, and now you start to cover cp?

TOM WHERE IS MY REFUND?!!!

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 07:53:15 PM

I scammer-tagged him.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 08:29:05 PM

I scammer-tagged him.

Probably makes zero difference to him.  He's done with this board - he's a millionaire now.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 08:58:14 PM

I scammer-tagged him.

Thank you theymos.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 09:40:26 PM

I scammer-tagged him.

Theymos, what will you be doing with your piece of the pie? (I.e. the revenue from the bASIC-scam adverts on this forum.)

How much did he spend on advertising here anyway?

Probably makes zero difference to him.  He's done with this board - he's a millionaire now.

What a shame, pray this verdict will serve to deter those who would do the same.

rampone

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

dafq is goin on

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 10:01:11 PM

Faith in bitcointalk.org restored.

http://virwox.com - Bitcoins via CCard, Skrill, paysafe, paypal & SEPA
Convert your bitcoin into spendable fiat money in less than 2 days. Poker Players use this method to avoid "unnecessary trouble" with the country they live in ... PM me for details. +1:naz86,b4nana,tinua,smart1986,fhh
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2013, 10:14:29 PM

What a shame, pray this verdict will serve to deter those who would do the same.

??  Get a scammer tag on here in exchange for becoming filthy rich?

Where is the deterrence?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:00:27 PM

I scammer-tagged him.

Based on his last post, he intends to continue selling FPGAs.  I believe there's some value in trying to make potential FPGA customers aware of the bASIC clusterfuck.  Tom may be done with this board, but perhaps his being scammer-tagged will make newbies less inclined to deal with him.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:18:35 PM

Get a scammer tag on here in exchange for becoming filthy rich?

Where is the deterrence?

Yes. Exactly. Where indeed?
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 12:02:47 AM

I scammer-tagged him.

Thanks.. 

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 02:35:24 AM

I scammer-tagged him.

At least this is something.   Undecided

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 03:05:55 AM

I scammer-tagged him.

Do you have proof of this?  Blockchain analysis?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2013, 06:27:15 AM

Following the bitcoins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135301.msg1451578#msg1451578
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:27:46 AM

Theymos, what will you be doing with your piece of the pie? (I.e. the revenue from the bASIC-scam adverts on this forum.)

Seriously now...what sense does that make? If three months down the road you want to start a business and advertises yet thermos goes "fu, i don't trust you, you can't buy advertising here" what are you going to say?

Can't have it both ways simultaneously, this isn't quantum physics. Either open and open or else nazi and nazi.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 09:31:11 AM

Seriously now...what sense does that make? If three months down the road you want to start a business and advertises yet thermos goes "fu, i don't trust you, you can't buy advertising here" what are you going to say?

Can't have it both ways simultaneously, this isn't quantum physics. Either open and open or else nazi and nazi.
Well, this exactly. How would theymos know in advance that bASIC would turn out to be a scam?
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 11:13:52 AM

Well, this exactly. How would theymos know in advance that bASIC would turn out to be a scam?

Agree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: