Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin survive world war III?  (Read 13998 times)
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:52:45 PM

I did not expect the third world war will happen, no matter what, bitcoin would have persisted, even that will be a tool for good deals with other countries, because it would not be in the know and the transactions can take place quickly. I think bitcoin prices would be higher if it is in use by all countries
Of course all must hope for the absence of world war three but anything can happen when the world economy may be ruined because of a third world war could take a major step bitcoin as a safe place to store money.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 02:54:49 PM

Well for now , bitcoin are not related with World war yet except if many country already use it for transaction.
If this really happen, it will be another nightmare for human history !
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:17:09 PM

I think there was a project going on about getting the Blockchain in space using satellites so the Bitcoin network will be completely independent from the ground Internet infrastructure. And in the event of the Internet getting disrupted worldwide it would still be possible to transmit transactions using the satellite installations. They will most probably act like permanent nodes in space  Wink
The best thing we can develop for bitcoin is to make it possible to transact offline, in that way I can't see no other reasons for bitcoin to crash.
Offline bitcoin transactions would be very hard as there will be multiple ways to exploit that system. And after all, if that seems to happen, then how would all the transactions be checked/confirmed in the blockchain?

23dzmaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:23:10 PM

I don't think World War III will happen though. If World War III happened, i think bitcoin still can survive, but the price of bitcoin will decrease so hard.
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:06:20 PM

World War III broke out 6 years, huge disruption to everybody, there was limited nuclear bomb detonation in two smaller nations. Internet is in a state useable but not reliable.
Will Bitcoin survive? Will smuggler use Bitcoin to buy weapon, or gold to buy weapon?

it depends on the situation. because bitcoin is no longer if during the world war 3.
funbarrel

Activity: 394

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:21:03 PM

World War III broke out 6 years, huge disruption to everybody, there was limited nuclear bomb detonation in two smaller nations. Internet is in a state useable but not reliable.
Will Bitcoin survive? Will smuggler use Bitcoin to buy weapon, or gold to buy weapon?

it depends on the situation. because bitcoin is no longer if during the world war 3.
i doubt that, i saw a video that people would be able to mine their bitcoins on the paper with a pencil by solving math problems

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
StoreBit

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:27:05 PM

i doubt that, i saw a video that people would be able to mine their bitcoins on the paper with a pencil by solving math problems
we should not think so. because the 3rd world war may be the end of the world.then what will people and the countries do with bitcoin. i think the countries will already be divided in parts openly then they will no need to buy weapon and hide it from other countries.
TemplarKnightUK

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:43:57 PM

The speculation here is very amusing: "the price of bitcoin would be hit hard". LOL. We can be barely aware of what will happen to the price of BTC tomorrow, never mind during an apocalyptic scenario.

Bitcoin may actually help to prevent a potential WWIII, by fostering easy, quick, and trusted international cooperation and trade; bear that in mind.

Bitcoin only really requires two mining nodes to function (or one, such as Satoshi in the early days, if he/she is benevolent) properly. Mining could be done on paper if the ledger could be circulated around people with minimum lag time (carrier pidgeon?).

As for drafting and conscription, the days of human warfare have been long numbered. Be guided by Steven Hawking and recent advances in AI warfare.

Nevertheless, the future is bright. There is no WWIII. There is no end of Bitcoin. Long live peer-to-peer!

patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:50:34 PM

The speculation here is very amusing: "the price of bitcoin would be hit hard". LOL. We can be barely aware of what will happen to the price of BTC tomorrow, never mind during an apocalyptic scenario.

Bitcoin may actually help to prevent a potential WWIII, by fostering easy, quick, and trusted international cooperation and trade; bear that in mind.

Bitcoin only really requires two mining nodes to function (or one, such as Satoshi in the early days, if he/she is benevolent) properly. Mining could be done on paper if the ledger could be circulated around people with minimum lag time (carrier pidgeon?).

As for drafting and conscription, the days of human warfare have been long numbered. Be guided by Steven Hawking and recent advances in AI warfare.

Nevertheless, the future is bright. There is no WWIII. There is no end of Bitcoin. Long live peer-to-peer!

Could not have put better myself. But one can only wonder with the crazy elections going on in the US what could happen if Trump becomes president?
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 10:50:30 PM

Could theorize that if it even does happen, the value of it will drop to 0$, and it will be useless anyway, haha. It also depends on how the big war will be, probably we'd use the currency to trade weapons?

Also what if we lose the internet? Then we don't even have the access to any currency either way, money will probably be useless. New currency will be food/ammo for sure, or bottlecaps Grin

You are right about that a new currency will also follow or it will be something like the silver or gold time that it was back in the days.
I think the war will be for sure a cyber war..
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:00:53 AM

I have doubt for WW3 in 10 years. If technology and internet survives after devastation of nuclear war maybe BTC can survive...
Yes that true. Bitcoin will die unless if energy and internet will be cut.
useless4

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 02:08:32 PM

WW3 will definitely kill rest of human dignity, and human idea will vanish. Survivors will be to busy with daily problems how to find food and shelter and just try to survive

Bitcoin will be lost in this world, as many other positive achievements of society. This will look like more of an stone age, so BTC will be completely useless.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 09:10:22 PM

When it comes down to it and the worlds social and political structures collapse, neither fiat, nor bitcoin, will have intrinsic value.  Knowledge, labour, and leadership skills will rule the day....period!  If you believe something like that might happen, don't waste time collecting bitcoin, invest time in gaining the knowledge necessary to support survival in an off-the-grid environment!   
Pbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:32:01 PM

I dont know why people mentality is that poor. In this case being optimistic is the most. I never wish to break world warIII
though bitcoin wont survive.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   LET'S THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE   ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   WhyFuture.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
A Blog That Discusses About Artificial Intelligence, The Future, Ethics on AI, and more
SolomonRising

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

The Truth illuminates the eyes of the heart!

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:18:34 AM

It's digital money soooo, keep screenshots.  Wink

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:56:30 PM

world war III mean destruction of the all most whole world. so dont carry any meant that either bitcoin or internet survive or not but if the humans will survive then what to do with bitcoin. i think bitcoin will not survive.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:15:24 PM

Bitcoins will survive since you can just store it is your hardware wallet then it can be safe. But the real question is will the price remain the same

The answer is simple bitcoin will lose its value. Since if world war 3 happens people will no longer focus on investment or income but on survival. Even if bitcoin survives it cannot be transferred or be used since all network s are down.
fikihafana

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 01:29:47 PM

Will Bitcoin survive world war III? do you mean nuclear war?

I think everyone dont want world war III happen, and don't make it happen. bitcoin will ruined because you know it will destroy internet too.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:03:28 PM

Bitcoins will survive since you can just store it is your hardware wallet then it can be safe. But the real question is will the price remain the same

The answer is simple bitcoin will lose its value. Since if world war 3 happens people will no longer focus on investment or income but on survival. Even if bitcoin survives it cannot be transferred or be used since all network s are down.
Bitcoin may lose it's value during or some time after the war, but it will slowly get it's value back up if there are loyal bitcoin users left. That would actually serve as a good opportunity to start with bitcoins, although I would fear that there will be a loss of a lot of coins from wallet owners that may be gone after the war.
ontrackk

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 07:06:38 PM

bitcoin wont survive the world war 3 if such happens, in my opinion bitcoins are really dependent on internet and during the ww3 it would be gone so bitcoins wouldnt exist either

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆