Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST)  (Read 43246 times)
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:16:12 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2013, 10:56:04 PM by bittenbob

As many of you are aware there were some issues with the Avalon sale earlier today. As a result, many orders were processed at unrealistic rates. Only a very small number of orders were actually processed at the correct price. This has prompted us to make the following decision:

All orders for incorrect amounts will be fully refunded.

WalletBit will return these funds to the Bitcoin addresses they were sent from. These units will be restored to the sales queue. At a time of Avalon's choosing they will re-open sales for these remaining units. All orders processed at the correct exchange rate will still be honored.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

[Update 2013-02-03 3:03 EST]

All orders which have paid the full and proper amount for each Avalon unit will be honored. This means if your order said 0.05BTC and you later paid the correct amount (~75BTC) that your order will be fulfilled. Please create a support ticket with Avalon to confirm your order details with them personally. The remaining Avalon units will be going on sale tomorrow.

http://support.avalon-asic.com

[Update 2013-02-04 00:28 EST]

All orders which were partially paid for in amounts such as 0.05BTC are being given an opportunity to finish paying for their orders instead of being refunded. If you were expecting a refund and haven't already done so please create a ticket with WalletBit or Avalon's support desks for details on how to finish paying for your order. If you did not pay any amount for your order then a placeholder has not been made and you will get a chance to make your order again when the next round begins. This is non-negotiable. For those who have still not managed to secure a unit there will still be many available in the next round of orders.

[Update 2013-02-12 17:56 EST]

All partially paid orders from 2012-02-02 have a deadline of 2013-02-13 17:00 EST to complete payment.All orders which have not been paid in full will be refunded to the sending address unless otherwise instructed. Payment instructions can be obtained and return addresses can be given to WalletBit support at http://support.walletbit.com.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:20:28 PM

What about the orders where a person can still pay since they kept the url to bitwallet's site and the price looks accurate?
For example: https://walletbit.com/pay?token=blahblahblah... which still works if I goto it.

I was one who did not want to pay such a tiny amount that was wrong... but did keep track of things enough where
I could pay once things have been ironed out.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:21:47 PM

There is no FROM address in bitcoin.

Are you also planning to reimburse people when you send their payments into the void?

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

So, after all this, we will do this race again? No way.
BitSyncom, you have all orders list. Give priority whom on the list in excuse of your and Walletbit fuckup.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

I would prefer that customers who were unable to pay the full amount have an opportunity to pay in full instead of returning the units to another free-for-all, but i'm sure that others (who were not able to place any order at all), will have a different opinion.

What you are doing is probably the most fair action that can be taken.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:24:43 PM

Are you also planning to reimburse people when you send their payments into the void?

You are mistaken.  There is a FROM address in bitcoin [inputs into the transaction].  There might be multiple FROM addresses, but they are there.  

EDIT: The only problem I would see with it is if somebody did something foolish like try to withdraw coins from an exchange directly to the "Pay to" address.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:25:50 PM

You are mistaken.  There is a FROM address in bitcoin [inputs into the transaction].  There might be multiple FROM addresses, but they are there.

Doesn't that assume you were using the bitcoin client and it will come back to you directly?
What if the user used mtgox like mentioned below?

Foolish.. that is exactly the first user's point. One cannot assume when sending money back.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:26:41 PM

You run a pool that has not just one, but two different ways to generate payments that can't be returned in the way they are planning to do.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:28:24 PM

Let's be honest, anyone sending the wrong amount of coins was well aware that it might be lost or refunded.  I considered the 4 USD paid well worth it for a chance at getting a spot in the batch.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

As many of you are aware there were some issues with the Avalon sale earlier today. As a result, many orders were processed at unrealistic rates. Only a very small number of orders were actually processed at the correct price. This has prompted us to make the following decision:

WalletBit will return these funds to the Bitcoin addresses they were sent from. These units will be restored to the sales queue. At a time of Avalon's choosing they will re-open sales for these remaining units. All orders processed at the correct exchange rate will still be honored.

What about the people who paid for other people's orders???

People were reporting cross over, that their payment was complete but the payment was applied to someone else's name, address, etc.

eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:30:15 PM

You run a pool that has not just one, but two different ways to generate payments that can't be returned in the way they are planning to do.

I suppose I should have expected it [and I did try to edit my post but the forum is so damn slow lately].  I just don't understand why so many users send funds from a source they don't control.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:42:20 PM

Thank you for the update bittenbob.    

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:46:16 PM

i got into the cart quickly after it opened but got flipped to a Wordpress sign up window which in turn flipped me out of the cart permanently that only charged 0.15 BTC/$3 USD for a 2 unit order.  there was never even a Bitcoin payment option.  totally confusing.  what about us?
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:50:01 PM

This doesn't make sense though.

The people who paid the incorrect amounts did so to submit the order, as that was their only option.

Why not keep the orders and simply send a new payment request for each order, this is very easy to do and honors the transaction.

It was out of people's control on who recieved a correct payment page, and who received and incorrect payment page.
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:59:59 PM

Shit happens.

In an attempt to fight the technical problems I opened an account at WalletBit and sent BTC to pay for 3 Avalon units.

Since 0.89% were deducted from the deposit, could you please state whether your refund decision also includes reimbursement of the deposit fees?

Thanks

okahira

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:13:28 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 06:26:38 PM by okahira

Strange thing happened to me http://blockchain.info/address/1DEHG5dRWxshoGqxV8TqLztSf6WGKoFNYP
At first it required me to pay 60.60299985 BTC
I paid and the amout changed
It required me to pay the remaining 0.00468308 BTC
I did it and it changed again
I paid again and finally it seems completed but I haven't got any confirmation email yet
Is it a successful payment or the incorrect amounts payment?

Edit:Just now the coins have been moved to somewhere else. Is this supposed to happen?
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:14:53 PM

You just dishonored and do not want to admit it. In such a situation, the return of funds is not a correction of mistakes. I wish you continue their business in the same way.

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:18:56 PM

Do you take a fee on deposits to WalletBit? My balance and what I deposited (less the purchase) are not equal Sad

Yes, see my post above.

I was surprised too, this was the first service that took deposit fees I met so far. And you really need to dig the site to find that information - I would expect to find it alongside the deposit address...

Anyhow, after this disaster I'd expect some fairness and the fees to be refunded in full.

Let's hope and wait.

spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

bittenbob,

this is my payment for two units

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/6b698d60124ca67f5b5d81643a0f5f65dab2c12b152f95bcc41f1f7d1c6be7e4

did you receive it correctly?  Are there any issues? Why didn't I get any confirmation?

I've paid in guest mode, but my email address was correctly filled in.

Any info _truly_ appreciated.

spiccioli
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:23:25 PM

I just don't understand why so many users send funds from a source they don't control.
+1
This has been the worst online shopping experience in my life.
Avalon,WalletBit you lose one unsatisfied customer.

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: