Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST)  (Read 43252 times)
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:28:39 PM

that was quick.. though i suspect it might be released in batches. As there were no announcements the previous batch could have been a test batch

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 05:50:07 PM

If you register an account it wont send you an email i had to do a password reset before it let me log in, i did get my order through though no email confirm yet

We all waiting for an email confirm, according support they will sent all emails with order details, at end after they fixed all previous prob. This is what they replied me today for my order of yesterday.

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:44:15 PM

batch 2 take 2 sold out already ?
o_dima

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:53:47 PM

payed as guest about an hour ago, and got no confirmation no order number.
Avalon support replyed fast (probably avtomatically) - they created ticket at bitsyncom.freshdesk and now I have ticked number - hope this digits will be lucky enogh for my 75 BTC  : )
zefir
Donator

Activity: 919

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 08:32:43 PM

Got my support request from WalletBit processed and I must say I am deeply disappointed Sad

They are not going to refund the fees taken from people that tried to resolve their payment processing fuck-up with opening an account there and transferring coins to pay their Avalon ASICs. Means you're a winner if you paid <1BTC for 3 ASICs to a guest account (will get it refunded) and a looser if you tried to do the next appropriate way (no ASICs, lost fees).

Go choke on this 35$, WalletBit. But this is not the way you are going to replace CC or PayPal.

TAiS46

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 09:01:56 PM

Got my support request from WalletBit processed and I must say I am deeply disappointed Sad

They are not going to refund the fees taken from people that tried to resolve their payment processing fuck-up with opening an account there and transferring coins to pay their Avalon ASICs. Means you're a winner if you paid <1BTC for 3 ASICs to a guest account (will get it refunded) and a looser if you tried to do the next appropriate way (no ASICs, lost fees).

Go choke on this 35$, WalletBit. But this is not the way you are going to replace CC or PayPal.

same problem for me. WalletBit is doing no good business my opinion.
Hope, that I must never work together with them. (Bitcoin-24)

I deposit 500BTC and lost about 50-60 EUR for fees, because
I withdraw the BTC back to my wallet. Very unserious service.

imagin you pay 500 EUR / USD into your bank account and
your bank deduct fees for it Cheesy
hope that WalletBit will not succeed with they business.
Maybe it is time for a bitcoin-24 payment system Tongue
coastermonger

Activity: 367

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:51:46 PM

It's interesting that Bitsyncom chose alternate payment processors each time in order to increase the awareness in the bitcoin community.

Except, I feel like I got absolutely screwed by walletbit by being forced to to use them.  

I wanted to pay as a guest the first time around because I didn't want to pay Walletbit's exorbitant fees.  This method of course, did not work when the sites crashed.  
So trying to do it the right way, I transferred 98 BTC into a new WB account (to be sure I had enough to buy an avalon), gritting my teeth and paying their fee just to deposit it.  

It gets better, when I heard the site crashed and the sale was postponed I begrudgingly withdrew my BTC from their site and back into my wallet.  Then I saw that the avalon store was back up and they weren't taking guest payments, so I had to transfer my BTC back to them Walletbit AGAIN and pay their fees AGAIN just to purchase an Avalon. It was a total headache, not straightforward at all.

More grief came later in the day when I couldn't print out my 3rd layer secuity card.  Just clicking the "print secure card" button ensuredthat I could never again see the numbers on the internet, not even my history would let me access it.  I'm amazed that after 3 calls to their tech support I was even able to get it reversed.

Walletbit, I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I guarantee that I will never, ever use your service again as long as
1) You charge consumers such ridiculous fees. (Maybe consider a cap so high BTC transactions don't feel screwed?)
2) You use update your confirmation process.  It takes much longer than necessary.

Bitcoin is about innovating low cost, high speed ways to move money, and you as a company are mucking it up.

Bitsyncom, please never make us use Walletbit again.

In unrelated news, did anyone who preordered get a confirmation email from avalon yet?

Bitrated user: Rees.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:08:40 PM

In unrelated news, did anyone who preordered get a confirmation email from avalon yet?
I'm still waiting... Anyone received confirmation from 2.2 batch?
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:51:31 PM

WalletBit would like to apologize for any inconveniences related to our server issues during the first ordering process. Your enthusiasm for ordering the Avalon unleashed a DDOS-like demand for our server resources and transactions we have never seen before.

Some people commented on our servers ability to cope with the load yesteday. It is true that it did not perform very well but we have since addressed all the issues which were causing problems. We have fortified our servers and refined our code to assure this won't happen again.

We have solved all issues related to ordering performance and are prepared to open orders for the remaining units. The remaining units will be sold at a time announced by Avalon. Please keep checking their website and this forum for updates on the Avalon sale.

It appears many people are upset that WalletBit charges a fee in light they did not get a chance to make an order. Please note that any Bitcoin wallet can be used to pay a WalletBit merchant. WalletBit provided no guarantees that an account with us would secure an order spot with Avalon.

WalletBit's deposit fee is clearly listed on our pricing page at https://walletbit.com/pricing. This is bolded at the bottom of every user page on WalletBit's website. It is WalletBit's policy not to refund transaction fees and we will be standing by this policy. We urge you to take this time to explore WalletBits additional features

If you have a large balance of Bitcoins in your account I recommend trying our Bank Transfer service. If you fill out your bank profile details, once approved all Bitcoins will be automatically converted to your selected currency. This will only cost an additional 1.86% on top of the 0.89%.

Please note minimum fees per bank transfer apply and you should set your minimum transfer level appropriately. Unlike our competitors there is no maximum amount that can be transfered to your bank account.

If anyone is experiencing issues with their Secure Card they can contact WalletBit support. We will be happy to help you resolve them. In order to reset your secure card we will usually require some sort of security verification process. Once completed your Secure Card is reset and available to print again. Please note you also have the ability to disable Secure Card from your account menu.
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:54:53 PM

Please note you also have the ability to disable Secure Card from your account menu.
I disabled the secure card option but payment didn't go through so I logged out and sent payment as a guess. I think I paid double fee because I had already made a deposit on WalletBit...
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 12:02:11 AM

Please note you also have the ability to disable Secure Card from your account menu.
I disabled the secure card option but payment didn't go through so I logged out and sent payment as a guess. I think I paid double fee because I had already made a deposit on WalletBit...

If you sent payment from another Bitcoin wallet then the Bitcoins sent to your WalletBit account are still safe. There are no fees for paying to a WalletBit merchant, only for Bitcoin deposits. If you are still having secure card issues I hope you have contacted WalletBit support.
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 12:06:04 AM

bittenbob, when the refund batch will be processed? Its almost 1 days from support e-mail, where your stuff told, that I will get refund for "placeholder" orders... Still no refund.
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 12:06:55 AM

If you sent payment from another Bitcoin wallet then the Bitcoins sent to your WalletBit account are still safe. There are no fees for paying to a WalletBit merchant, only for Bitcoin deposits. If you are still having secure card issues I hope you have contacted WalletBit support.
Yes I resolved my issue with the secure card when I wanted to cashout my bitcoin deposit.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:14:13 AM

Walletbit is the paypal of BTC in my book. Ugh.

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:22:52 AM

PayPal is more intuitive and they hide the fees from the customers.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:39:54 AM

...yeah but then they freeze your account or steal from you and hand the funds over to a buyer while doing nothing to get the item you sold back. Meh...it's probably a wash.

01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:45:27 AM

...yeah but then they freeze your account or steal from you and hand the funds over to a buyer while doing nothing to get the item you sold back. Meh...it's probably a wash.
I was making allusion about the buyer experience. I hope WalletBit will improve their checkout system and stop charging fees from customers deposit.
Vicus

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 05:00:10 AM

Just received mail from WalletBit support:

I have excellent news for you. It seems Avalon has had a change of heart and you have an opportunity to complete paying for your two additional orders. These are two additional orders for two units (4 in total). One has received a payment of approximately 0.15 BTC while the other had none.

We have decided to use a value of 76.2 BTC per unit for manually processed orders. Since you ordered 2, your total would be 152.4 BTC but you have already paid approximately 0.15 BTC. This means the balance on this order is 152.25 BTC.

To secure your placement for this order from Avalon Batch #2 please pay 152.25 BTC to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXFCxwyg2Xqa7M6kAC.

For the second order please pay 152.4 BTC to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxjF3Py7m54b7k6/

Avalon should be able to confirm they have received payment once sent and update you on your order status from this point forward.

Avalon Support Desk - http://support.avalon-asic.com/

If there is anything else we can do for you please let me know.
And short after:
You will have to apologize as I had to quickly edit the previous update. Please do not pay the 2nd order which I have removed from the ticket. I just remembered that all orders which received no payment did not have their placeholder reserved. This means you can still pay the one invoice for 152.25.

It seems that BitSyncom made a right decision and give a chance for orders with so called "placeholder" payments. Do your move and write ticket to WalletBit support.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 05:01:44 AM

Has anyone received a confirmation email from an order today?

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
bittenbob (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 05:15:00 AM

Has anyone received a confirmation email from an order today?

If you would like to confirm the details of your order and haven't already please create a support ticket with Avalon.

http://support.avalon-asic.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: