Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST)  (Read 43246 times)
darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:17:14 AM

Looks like I'm all sound with WalletBit:

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:26:59 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2023, 04:02:35 AM by fcmatt

Looks like I'm all sound with WalletBit:

The prob is on batch 2 day user data was being leaked to other ppl. How do you know you even paid for your very own order?

Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:39:18 AM

Based on your e-mail address Walletbit support will tell you all your attempts to pay (empty, partial or full amount). If you decide to pay, they will provide you with right pay address and ask you for your shipping address and update this info if it were inaccurate.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:49:33 AM

Based on your e-mail address Walletbit support will tell you all your attempts to pay (empty, partial or full amount). If you decide to pay, they will provide you with right pay address and ask you for your shipping address and update this info if it were inaccurate.

That differs greatly from what they told me in my support ticket. Anyone who went to walletbit and saw the wrong total amount to be
paid, did not pay because they were confused, should not pay as their order does not count. Partial payments were allowed to finish up
and even avalon stated that is the case. My support ticket with avalon has gone unanswered.

So to send walletbit btc without avalon being on board.. or even aware I have an order somewhere in their database awaiting payment..
seems a good way to be without btc and no guarantee I have an order.

Also they clearly have not verified everyone who paid has a way to see this order at avalon's website as a way to confirm things look good.

naturally walletbit agrees money was sent. but the kicker is what avalon thinks in the end.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 01:15:38 AM

I finally received my purchase receipt and they confirmed my address. Now waiting for my Avalon module!
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 03:11:43 AM

Received my emails. Great work Walletbit. Thanks for getting me the confirmation I was looking for.

Now I sit back and wait Until April 15th for my order from Avalon.. On that note.. i think ill have some scotch

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:42:06 AM

Guys.. Walletbit reciept is just confirming you paid money to avalon. Everyone needs confirmation from avalon that the money you paid actually went to your order with your correct name and address.
Vicus

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:44:31 AM

I think, all order info and shipping info is received from Walletbit. So, what have Walletbit is what will have Avalon. IMHO.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 03:49:50 AM

I think, all order info and shipping info is received from Walletbit. So, what have Walletbit is what will have Avalon. IMHO.

Avalon collected the info using wordpress.  The payment link went to walletbit.  The walletbit page provided absolutely no information other than the amount.  Walletbit may have that info, but so far I haven't seen any reason to believe that anyone involved has both the shipping info and the payment info.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Vicus

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 04:18:31 AM

Avalon collected the info using wordpress.  The payment link went to walletbit.  The walletbit page provided absolutely no information other than the amount.  Walletbit may have that info, but so far I haven't seen any reason to believe that anyone involved has both the shipping info and the payment info.
All shipping info were included in URL, when Avalon redirected to Walletbit.
darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 07:35:43 AM

This.

Also, the callback from Walletbit to the Avalon store after continuing from the receipt simply called the Avalon store site using a URL containing the WalletBit batch number quoted in my confirmation email.
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 07:36:41 AM

Still would a confirmation email stating ordered goods and the correct delivery address be too much to ask for?
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 09:09:24 AM

Still would a confirmation email stating ordered goods and the correct delivery address be too much to ask for?

Certainly not when you send someone 1500-4500$.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 11:45:06 AM

fate warrant 200000846?
I wait for him?
please answer.

Customer service is not responding.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:11:09 PM

Those who are waiting for Avalon receipt and didn't read the newsletter will wait until the day before shipping.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:27:25 PM

I don't have that browser in front of me, so I can't check my personal URL history.  I remember a token and an amount for sure, don't particularly remember a shipping address.

In this specific case, I hope they have it.  But in general, I don't think that a store should be sharing my personal information like that.  Walletbit has no reason to know my name or address.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:31:58 PM

I don't have that browser in front of me, so I can't check my personal URL history.  I remember a token and an amount for sure, don't particularly remember a shipping address.

I saved this one:

https://walletbit.com/pay?token=96b80d1070fc9ea33a557fcff9bac509&item_name=&amount=0.00&currency=USD&
returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.avalon-asics.com%2Fwordpressadditional=sessionid=5911359817759
|buyerName=Fred+XXXXXXX|buyerAddress1=XXXX+College+Lane+South|buyerState=IL|buyerPhone=XXXXXXXX
|buyerEmail=XXXXXXX%40gmail.com|buyerCity=Wheaton|buyerCountry=US|buyerZip=60189|itemDesc=+items

To be clear, I'm not Fred, but I did get his session. Sorry Fred, I could not complete the payment. Note the payment was for 0.00
The ItemDesc sometimes contained information like:

itemDesc=3x+Avalon+ASIC+Unit

Quote from: kjj
In this specific case, I hope they have it.  But in general, I don't think that a store should be sharing my personal information like that.  Walletbit has no reason to know my name or address.

In Order Summary from Walletbit, the only information displayed was the total amount in BTC and the Bitcoin address where to pay into.
I did not log into their system so perhaps then a different view might have been displayed.

What is the point in getting the information and not using it at the crucial point, where the customer can verify he is paying his order (and not Freds)?

And yes, a payment processor does not need my personal information unless they are verifying my credit card validity. Perhaps it was a default setup from Wordpress for credit cards used for BTC?
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 02:46:24 PM

I saved this one:

https://walletbit.com/pay?token=96b80d1070fc9ea33a557fcff9bac509&item_name=&amount=0.00&currency=USD&
returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.avalon-asics.com%2Fwordpressadditional=sessionid=5911359817759
|buyerName=Fred+XXXXXXX|buyerAddress1=XXXX+College+Lane+South|buyerState=IL|buyerPhone=XXXXXXXX
|buyerEmail=XXXXXXX%40gmail.com|buyerCity=Wheaton|buyerCountry=US|buyerZip=60189|itemDesc=+items

To be clear, I'm not Fred, but I did get his session. Sorry Fred, I could not complete the payment. Note the payment was for 0.00

In Order Summary from Walletbit, the only information displayed was the total amount in BTC and the Bitcoin address where to pay into.
I did not log into their system so perhaps then a different view might have been displayed.

What is the point in getting the information and not using it at the crucial point, where the customer can verify he is paying his order (and not Freds)?

And yes, a payment processor does not need my personal information unless they are verifying my credit card validity. Perhaps it was a default setup from Wordpress for credit cards used for BTC?

I agree with this point but I think others should be worried that once you paid walletbit that your information
actually made it back to avalon's order database properly.

I have no skin in the game right now. I did not buy a batch #2 order due to the total fiasco of that sale
but I am curious if this will end well for everyone involved.
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 04:28:53 PM

Guys.. Walletbit reciept is just confirming you paid money to avalon. Everyone needs confirmation from avalon that the money you paid actually went to your order with your correct name and address.

My address was confirmed with my order. All information went from Wordpress to Walletbit. I knew this to be true as all my information was in a simple URL string sent over to wallerbit when then order went through.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 10:27:58 PM

I saved this one:

I can confirm I saved similar information. This info was also sent in the POST to walletbit.

Even though walletbit should not have this information, in this case I'm somewhat OK with it. I did not log in to the wordpress store (store.avalons-asics.com) and I did not get redirected back to avalon's site after having made a successful transaction with walletbit. At this point, I'm fairly certain, Avalon does not have a record of my order in their own database and that they would need to look up the order from walletbit.

This is why I feel a response from Avalon is necessary. Will my order be successfully transfered from Walletbit to Avalon? How are order numbers being assigned if walletbit is handling "orders"?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: