Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:11:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Litecoin have a future?  (Read 13189 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:39:36 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen any promising development going on for Litecoin. Does it mean that it will die soon? I don't want to FUD, but I just want to make sure if LTC could be a good investment for long term, since I have been doubting myself of it.

So, will Litecoin have a future?   Huh

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:53:27 AM

Devlopment is overated. LTC and doge work well. If btc was attacked I think many would jump ship to usd ltc or doge. Maybe eth, but I would be concerned that could nose dive at any moment.

K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:08:46 AM

Litecoin does not need development. It works as it should and is a mature coin that has been around for around 5 years. There is no need for a coin to be constantly in development if it can do what it is designed to do well. All litecoin needs is small updates here and there, apart from there if litecoin is destined for a better future it will grow naturally in the absense of hype.

I do believe that latter this year we will see a resurrection of old coins like btc,ltc,ppc and doge. It worries me that so many coins in the top 10 are scams,ipos or business coins. If there is one thing that old coins did well it is simplicity. I can start using bitcoin and litecoin to buy stuff pretty easily but i cant even figure out where to get a etherum wallet or how the damn thing works as there is little to no public documentation. I prefer simplicity over features and others who do so too will move into ltc/btc/ppc.

Only invest what you can afford to lose.
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:11:15 AM

Has a future because:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features currently being developed look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:07:17 AM

While it seems dormant (LTC that is), it's going to explode when the BTC halving goes full Bull. If you haven't loaded up by now, then the mega rally the LTC is (will be) during a BTC bull rally will make you jealous and even this ETH rally won't supplant it/or mess with it. Litecoin is such a buy now it isn't even funny. That's right I said it! the sideshows here won't lead you to the promised land as it is at this point.
orryde

Activity: 476

Re-Evolution

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:09:26 AM

Im holding a bunch but I don't think they will ever go anywhere.
the Chinese are not doing anything with ltc.
and its their coin.
but I will keep buying because they are cheap and maybe
one day
they'll
be
worth
a
FORTUNE!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Betting on e-Sports with Steam Items & Crypto
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
■■■■■ GBT Loyalty Reward Program Steam Marketplace Sportsbetting ■■■■■
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:20:16 AM

wouldn't take much of a search to find the comprehensive development plans for litecoin,

or take the low iq route and listen to the FUD on here by those multinickers trying to plug the latest 'innovation' to sell snake oil anon/country/originalcode/2.0 name your flavor shitcoin.
kartel616

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:28:02 AM

LTC is the very stable altcoin, with Dogecoin they are best recomendation altcoin in the world

Blockchain.Ventures

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 08:07:23 AM

In comparison to Bitcoin, Litecoin only has a future if Bitcoin becomes vulnerable in some way that another blockchain will be needed.
Even if that is the scenario, Litecoin might not be chosen as the next blockchain that is needed.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:01:43 AM

In comparison to Bitcoin, Litecoin only has a future if Bitcoin becomes vulnerable in some way that another blockchain will be needed.
Even if that is the scenario, Litecoin might not be chosen as the next blockchain that is needed.

Below link is kinda my logic on why I'm out of hoarding 1-3k of LTC anymore (you can look at my posts to see other reasons) but mainly if my plan is mostly BTC
anyway ...the price of LTC to BTC etc don't matter it is the 'ratio' you can move LTC to BTC and since Ethereum has crowded into the market I think 0.008 ltc to btc
is PROBABLY as good as I'm gonna get...anyway off topic how I plan to wrap this all up home miner wise below.

off topic but pertains to LTC ...on how I mine LTC to BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1327160.new#new

anyway I hit 100 BTC from mining on May 1st 2016 more or less and my plan on what to do till the miners go doorstops...but I got to the point if there is just gonna be this 'ratio' of around

0.008 ltc to btc....why not just move to BTC now (or the last 8 btc in my case) and get to 100 btc?

if my plan is simply to move LTC to BTC more or less .even if BTC goes to 650 usd at the 0.008 ratio of ltc to btc that is 5.20 usd per LTC...but the ratio

does not  change

anyway likely LTC will pump or some such...but again from my link above (and deluded logic) 100 BTC was a 'pipe dream' so how I plan to wrap up my

home miners (knc titan's scrypt 725mh) in the next 6-9 months ...perhaps more with heating benefits next winter

anyway read or skip....but the days of me wanting to hoard 3k of LTC seem to have passed Smiley

(likely now that I've picked BTC I've doomed it as well ....just saying) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:02:02 PM

Most possible that Litecoin will not have the future in whole altcoin market. There are some sites, which use it, but total Litecoin users are not so many.  Smiley
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:36:41 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't seen any promising development going on for Litecoin. Does it mean that it will die soon? I don't want to FUD, but I just want to make sure if LTC could be a good investment for long term, since I have been doubting myself of it.

i feel the same way about litecoin too. it seems dead to me but the volume and market cap doesn't show it.

i am not an expert but all i see is a copy of bitcoin that couldn't keep up with bitcoin price buy has stayed at this low level so far.

in the end i think it is going to be replaced but it would take a long time.

--looking for signature--
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:58:21 PM

Litecoin was second.. that is about it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:20:56 PM

Has a future because:

• Capable of four times as many transactions as Bitcoin in a ten minute period. Frankly if payment processors had adopted Litecoin in the past year current Bitcoin block discussions would be irrelevant (and likely the price of both coins higher). Anyone who has watched these discussions understands the immediate advantage of a network with larger transactional capability.  
  • Faster confirmation times. The only people who don't think this is important have never spent a single coin or they have patience that the average person does not possess.
  • The faster block time of litecoin reduces the risk of double spending attacks.
  • Anti-spam.
  • Fast well established network. Current Hashrate is 1,643 GH/s. Since scrypt is memory intensive it is known to be approximately 1000 times slower hardware wise in comparison to SHA256. Fair comparison to the Bitcoin network requires multiplying that hashrate by 1000 (1,643 TH/s). The fact is for most of Litecoins history the hashrate has been relatively high and secure. Those comparing it to the Bitcoin network without considering this 1k factor are either being disingenuous or just ignorant of the facts.
  • Continuous development look here at number of releases in past year: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/releases
  • Upcoming new features currently being developed look here for whats happening in 2016:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/3z2ta1/ama_official_litecoin_developers_and_litecoin/
  • Longevity. Many coins have temporarily eclipsed litecoin as they were marketed for the purpose of increasing the fiat accounts of a small group and emptying the accounts of new users. Unfortunately this has been detrimental to crypto-space in general.
  • Great community.
  • Fully supported by GoCoin a growing payment processor used by thousands of merchants https://www.gocoin.com/
  • Liquidity. You can sell thousands and not crash the market. Maintains value.

These features are what makes Litecoin stand where it is right now (even if there isn't much movement in development) One of the things that I admire the most is that transactions confirm much faster than BTC. Everything is much faster and smooth and that is why I am still holding Litecoin. Sometimes I wish that new and exciting things would come for LTC (like some small improvements) but still, it is a mature coin and the most trusted one to invest into.  Cheesy

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:27:30 PM

The Chinese love Litecoin (in part because Litecoin's creator Charles Lee is of Chinese descent).

So it won't die because it will always have a fan-base in the east.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
BTKC

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:34:12 PM

While i def dont think litecoin will ever die (as long as bitcoin doesnt "die") It's long term future is a bit murky. However in the short term i think we could easily see another pump out of china. It's one of the oldest most stable altcoins in existance.. Im considering buying 5~10 btc worth if they get a little cheaper relative to btc.  
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:39:21 PM

Dont mistake inactivity on forums for decline of popularity. The reason ETH went up, is because of the artificial ''fan base'' (mass-spam). It is not durable, it will die out, and the coin will decline in obscurity.

Litecoin, on the other hand, enjoys massive support in China/Asia. Most people holding significant amounts of LTC don't bother with pushing their coin on forums like this. If you analyse the ETH-spam threads opened on btctalk, you'll notice that at least 90% of the pro-ETH threads are opened by newbies and/or people holding maybe, MAYBE $20 worth of ETH; in other words, children who think they're big-time traders. ETH has no liquidity, this fact is further strengthened by the fact that the majority of that coin is traded on obscure exchanges.

Litecoin is not dead. It is very alive. It will pump later this year, and those buying now will profit greatly Smiley.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:41:24 PM

While i def dont think litecoin will ever die (as long as bitcoin doesnt "die") It's long term future is a bit murky. However in the short term i think we could easily see another pump out of china. It's one of the oldest most stable altcoins in existance.. Im considering buying 5~10 btc worth if they get a little cheaper relative to btc.  

Not bad mate. I have invested a little into LTC and the rest has been earned from faucets. Accumulating Litecoins as much as I can, I think it is not bad to store them into a paper wallet for the future  Roll Eyes

Maybe by then, LTC would be worth $6 but I am just trying to be optimistic here. Thanks for your reply  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Kevmate

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

Lots of people like litecoin, so it has a future in that it wont die. But i think it wont become a major player. If bitcoin gets into trouble (which it might, given the inertia and argument due to its huge following) i think there are many strong contenders snapping at its heals which will get in first. Monero zcash or dash for example would seem more likely to be first in. Or ether of course. But ltc still has a future, as a used coin, just not as the king. I have some anyway, cos i want to.
jamyr

Activity: 1750
Merit: 373

<------

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 11:54:09 AM

Litecoin is one of the mature coins and have been added to various gambling sites like bitsler and directbet to name some. As far as I know, base on my speculations, it can go down but is very unlikely to die. Crypto-currencies like LTC, ETH, DOGE who have been in gambling sites will be less prone to being gone for good compared to other coins who is not yet listed in gambling sites.

New Bitcointalk Talkshow Video(Aug 2023). Bitcointalk discussion
My bitsler ref link bitsler.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: